Joe Basil Chevrolet

Joe Basil Chevrolet Info

suv buyer
12/20/2014

"Looking for used SUV"

Truck was listed on Autotrader so I called. The sales rep didn't know much about it because they just got it in, according to her. I made appointment to go look at it in person. The morning of (2 days later), I received two phone calls to see if I was still coming in. I told them I was. I got there in about 15 minutes. When I walked in and asked for the rep, he came out and told me the car was sold. I asked him why 2 people called me half hour ago and nobody mentioned the car was sold. He was one of the people who called me! He could not give me a direct answer. This was an experience that gives used car dealers and most salespeople a bad name. The whole vibe was very shady. Also, I did go to a Basil in the northtowns a long time ago, and it was basically the same experience, except they had the car. The sales rep there was extremely unprofessional, used foul language and came across as not interested (was a cheaper used car). People have warned me about Basil in the past but I'd thought I'd give them an honest chance. Their warranty program is a whole other nightmare too from what I have heard. There are plenty of other dealerships to choose from. Do yourself a favor and go to one of the other 20-30 dealerships available.

Can't remember

phil lancaster
11/25/2014

"Services issues at Joe Basil"

Please read reviews before purchasing from Joe Basil. Service department never answers the phones, starting from opening to close. Took of two weeks on a warrenty issue to get the appointment. Once I arrived for my appointment, it took over one hour for a shuttle, so I can return home. Tried calling to see if the vehicle was ready for pickup, could not get anyone to answer the phone, again Terrible customer service, so please review and go somewhere else for your next vehicle.

the green team

KathiEverett
4/17/2014

"Third Trailblazer"

I am hesitant to work with car dealers. Tony listened to me and understood my position. He made the whole experience pleasant. Tom was very professional and not pushy. Loved that. I already blogged about my great experience at Joe Basil!

Tony cich. Tom Barrett.

jeffreylhess
1/16/2014

"I have purchased 5 vehicles from this dealership. The..."

I have purchased 5 vehicles from this dealership. The used car manager (Craig Thomas) is always straight forward and bottom line, the new car side, you have to haggle a little bit (which I don't mind). Korey in finance is always upfront and explains benefits and extra car care coverage. We bought the extended warranty on one truck and have since used more than the cost. Thanks Korey! I like to see that the same people are there when I go in, and it is such a friendly atmosphere. I have bought from other dealers and Joe Basil stands way out. I will always deal with them from now on. They also throw nice parties for all people who buy from them (new and used), it is a very nice give back touch. J. Hess

Korey and Craig

Shemus
12/31/2013

"Worst service I've ever had from any dealer. 4 months..."

Worst service I've ever had from any dealer. 4 months no call on parts I've waited for so I took it to a different dealer and they fixed it in two days. Now I put my truck in 4 wheel drive for the first time and my transfer case is completely destroyed. I bought this truck four months ago and they obviously didn't go threw it befour they sold it. I talked to the manager there because obviously the service department is incapable of doing there job but come to find out after talking to the manager and him saying he would get to the bottom of the problem and call me back, the service department learned there skills from management cause I've gotten no phone calls and no loaner. I buy vehicles every two years for my BUISNESS and this is the worst dealership ever!

Sales to management

jules1838
7/23/2013

"I purchased a used ford mustang, love the car. Paid 500 $..."

I purchased a used ford mustang, love the car. Paid 500 $ for paint guard (some kind of life time wax) when I picked up car they did nothing it still had same bird crap on roof, I confronted them and they re did it, it took 10 minutes, I dont think they did anything it looked the same. They said they replaced all the brakes, the brakes squiled from day one, had them re-done the right way.On top of all this the car fax they had was clean, after my mechanic took a glimse it been repainted fenders, hood and a ton of under hood parts were replaced (no stickers under hood ie: emision stickers are missing) I NEVER should have trusted this dealership !

tim

BrodyStein
7/11/2013

"BEWARE!!! I have tried since Monday to purchase a 2009..."

BEWARE!!! I have tried since Monday to purchase a 2009 Traverse from here and today I had to finally cancel. I came in with a clear title for my trade in as well as a dealer wire transfer from USAA. It started great they parade you around in a grand salesmanship style to get you feeling the love. Since Monday we were given the run around with excuse after excuse why we still did not have our car. We were encountered by rude arrogant behaviors from a few there that left us in dismay since we came to them so prepared. They constantly lied to us and changed their story until we had enough. So it is now Thursday and we still did not receive our SUV. They said they would deliver it Friday using the excuse that the funds weren’t there yet. I called USAA and they stated that the funds were transferred electronically on Wednesday. They take no accountability for their actions and the GM is too afraid to even answer his phone. This dealership is a joke and you would be best to try another to save yourself a huge headache. They will try to delete this but I will keep posting. Thanks A disappointed customer

To many to name

SpiderWalker
7/05/2013

"I had originally wrote a poor review about this dealer. I..."

I had originally wrote a poor review about this dealer. I forgot all about this write and had no way to delete it. So. I'm doing a rewrite. I never bought a vehicle from Basil Chevy but I can say my last visit in September 2013 was not a bad one. The people were nice and the deal I was looking for was only about 1600 dollars off. Sorry to say I did buy a new truck; But not from basil. Basil was a lot better to deal with than most of the other dealers I talked with. I do believe they would have beat the other deal, or at least matched it; But I don't like stabbing a dealer in the back that was willing to make the deal I wanted. All an all Basil was a great experience this time. I would recommend them. If you don't like the deal, you can always move on.

Management

Thewall68
2/17/2013

"I made an appointment for 2:30 on Saturday 2/16/2013 for..."

I made an appointment for 2:30 on Saturday 2/16/2013 for an oil change and inspection. I arrived there at 2:15 parked in front of garage door that said open , thought they would of opened it so I could pull in. Had to get out and walk in to let them know I was there. Christopher Dent took my truck and gave it to Jake to work on it. Then he came back to fill out paper work. I used to work there so I went to say hi to my friend in the body shop. Now it is 3:30 still waiting for my truck to be done. So I walked through the show room and sat in the waiting room. Now it is 4:00 if I knew it was going to be that long of a wait I would of told them to take me to a store so I could do some shopping while I waited . Not very happy with that part of the service! Would I recommend an oil change and inspection to someone to take it there NO. Peter Linhardt

Christopher Dent

redimpala2010
2/07/2013

"Went in for lube & Oil change at the quick lube..."

Went in for lube & Oil change at the quick lube center and asked the advisor if they would run the vehicle acroos the street to to do a diagnostic on the check engine light which had been on for a week even though I had tightened down the gas cap. When they were finished the oil change he offered to get me a ride home in the courtesy van since he diagnostic might take a few hours. Sure enough they were able to correct the problem and a few hours later I got a call that the car was ready and the courtesy driver was on te way to pick me up.TI really appreciated the excellent service and respomsiveness by the advisor.

Jason Webb