Joe Basil Chevrolet

Joe Basil Chevrolet Info

loved&lost
7/09/2015

"No Corvette Title."

Purchased and took delivery of 2011 Callaway Corvette (Nice) on 4/30. Dealer misplaced all paperwork and also lacked a valid clean title for the vehicle. Numerous trips back to dealer, DMV, and phone calls to insurance company. Incorrect insurance lapse, fines, and license suspension. Vehicle returned to dealer on 6/19. More phone calls, trips to dealer and DMV. Told title would be in by 7/8 at latest. 7/7 phone call stating no title would be coming soon and dealer was "undoing" deal. Dealer does not think the time, energy, and resources I spent trying to fix their mistakes is worth anything. Returned coffee mug and cookie arrangement and requested phone call from Joe Basil. He was happy to shake my hand the day I spent $60,000 but no phone call yet. Waiting for refund of $29000 down payment.

Dan, Craig, Tom, others.

schaeferscott
6/25/2015

"Appointments NOT HONORED"

To do (admittedly) serious work, I was informed that the earliest appointment to bring my car in was a month and a half away. On the date (a Monday) I dropped off my car and told them that the latest I could pick it back up was Friday morning, OK, no problem. Got a call Tuesday saying they hadn't looked at it yet. Got a call Wed morning saying they had not seen it but it would go up that day. I called THEM on Thursday to be told that they had not looked at it AT ALL and it there would be zero chance they would see it before Friday. It is unacceptable to not receive a call Wednesday night or Thursday. They made a series of excuses and admitted that they should have called me. On top of that, I entered my vehicle and drove away to find a broken pair of my sunglasses in the car - no information about that at all! Apparently, someone had dropped in with a "check engine light" on, and that job took a lot longer. EXCUSE ME - but I had an actual appointment! This was the 2nd out of two poor service calls to Joe Basil and I will NEVER be returning. I advise you to go to West Herr. Or, don't take my word for it, but make sure you have a few weeks to enjoy an uncomfortable loaner car.

Manager

debby1R
4/24/2015

"The secretaries are very nice at gym basil even though my sa"

I wrote a post about a sales man being very rude and also gave me a hard time about my deposit giving it back to me I did talk to some of the girls in the office they were very sweet and they did refund my money. They also apologized about my salesman being so rude.

Dan

j.hollwedel
4/09/2015

"Horrible experienc"

Salesman & General Manager do not honor their promises. Was mislead with regard to vehicle odometer reading. Never trust salesman - look yourself. They do not care about customer satisfaction even though they push 'completely satisfied' responses on their GM survey. Will never visit this dealership ever again nor recommend it to others.

Kevin & Gary

suv buyer
12/20/2014

"Looking for used SUV"

Truck was listed on Autotrader so I called. The sales rep didn't know much about it because they just got it in, according to her. I made appointment to go look at it in person. The morning of (2 days later), I received two phone calls to see if I was still coming in. I told them I was. I got there in about 15 minutes. When I walked in and asked for the rep, he came out and told me the car was sold. I asked him why 2 people called me half hour ago and nobody mentioned the car was sold. He was one of the people who called me! He could not give me a direct answer. This was an experience that gives used car dealers and most salespeople a bad name. The whole vibe was very shady. Also, I did go to a Basil in the northtowns a long time ago, and it was basically the same experience, except they had the car. The sales rep there was extremely unprofessional, used foul language and came across as not interested (was a cheaper used car). People have warned me about Basil in the past but I'd thought I'd give them an honest chance. Their warranty program is a whole other nightmare too from what I have heard. There are plenty of other dealerships to choose from. Do yourself a favor and go to one of the other 20-30 dealerships available.

Can't remember

phil lancaster
11/25/2014

"Services issues at Joe Basil"

Please read reviews before purchasing from Joe Basil. Service department never answers the phones, starting from opening to close. Took of two weeks on a warrenty issue to get the appointment. Once I arrived for my appointment, it took over one hour for a shuttle, so I can return home. Tried calling to see if the vehicle was ready for pickup, could not get anyone to answer the phone, again Terrible customer service, so please review and go somewhere else for your next vehicle.

the green team

KathiEverett
4/17/2014

"Third Trailblazer"

I am hesitant to work with car dealers. Tony listened to me and understood my position. He made the whole experience pleasant. Tom was very professional and not pushy. Loved that. I already blogged about my great experience at Joe Basil!

Tony cich. Tom Barrett.

jeffreylhess
1/16/2014

"I have purchased 5 vehicles from this dealership. The..."

I have purchased 5 vehicles from this dealership. The used car manager (Craig Thomas) is always straight forward and bottom line, the new car side, you have to haggle a little bit (which I don't mind). Korey in finance is always upfront and explains benefits and extra car care coverage. We bought the extended warranty on one truck and have since used more than the cost. Thanks Korey! I like to see that the same people are there when I go in, and it is such a friendly atmosphere. I have bought from other dealers and Joe Basil stands way out. I will always deal with them from now on. They also throw nice parties for all people who buy from them (new and used), it is a very nice give back touch. J. Hess

Korey and Craig

Shemus
12/31/2013

"Worst service I've ever had from any dealer. 4 months..."

Worst service I've ever had from any dealer. 4 months no call on parts I've waited for so I took it to a different dealer and they fixed it in two days. Now I put my truck in 4 wheel drive for the first time and my transfer case is completely destroyed. I bought this truck four months ago and they obviously didn't go threw it befour they sold it. I talked to the manager there because obviously the service department is incapable of doing there job but come to find out after talking to the manager and him saying he would get to the bottom of the problem and call me back, the service department learned there skills from management cause I've gotten no phone calls and no loaner. I buy vehicles every two years for my BUISNESS and this is the worst dealership ever!

Sales to management

jules1838
7/23/2013

"I purchased a used ford mustang, love the car. Paid 500 $..."

I purchased a used ford mustang, love the car. Paid 500 $ for paint guard (some kind of life time wax) when I picked up car they did nothing it still had same bird crap on roof, I confronted them and they re did it, it took 10 minutes, I dont think they did anything it looked the same. They said they replaced all the brakes, the brakes squiled from day one, had them re-done the right way.On top of all this the car fax they had was clean, after my mechanic took a glimse it been repainted fenders, hood and a ton of under hood parts were replaced (no stickers under hood ie: emision stickers are missing) I NEVER should have trusted this dealership !

tim