My Review Of Joe Van Horn Chevrolet :
Bought a 2012 SUV with less than 20,000 miles
Might seem like a bargain, but BUYERS BEWARE!!!
The "customer service" stops as soon as you sign the purchase agreement!
1. $300 service fee - according to the salesmen, charged on all vehicles that they sell to do a 100+ point inspection to make sure everything is properly working and top off all fluids. Things that they should have taken care of:
- all the window shield wiper blades were junk, one didn't have a blade at all, one half the blade was hanging loose the first time I used it.
- tried to use the windshield washer fluid (froze instantly to the windshield with a temperature of 25 degrees) must have been water!!!
- Either didn't do the oil change or didn't reset the oil usage monitor on the car
- Only put a half tank of gas in the car!!! (Even after I told them they need to provide a full tank of gas and I drove 1 1/2 hrs to go there)
- Originally when I looked at the car the service fee was 250, after going back and forth on the price I find in the final paperwork that they raised the service fee $50! Wouldn't reduce the final price the $50, I should have just left.
2. Second set of keys- After we sign off on everything and are getting ready to leave the salesman tells me that they don't have a second set of keys. I told him that this was part of the deal and he said that it wasn't a problem and he would order another set and sent it to me within the next month. Two months since the purchase still haven't received the keys and when I call and leave a message he never calls back!
3. XM Radio - During the test drive the salesman told us we would get XM radio for free for 3 months after purchase. Then after we had signed all the paperwork I asked him about that and he said that he would try and call them in the next couple weeks, otherwise we should just call and set it up. After a month without the XM working I called to try and set it up, but XM said they needed some info from the dealer to set it up. 2 months later still no XM!
4. Received a letter a couple weeks later thanking us for our purchase and asking for referrals. They listed a different vehicle in the letter than what I purchased!
After getting the car home there were several little things like scratches, rips in leather, and a large crack in the spare tire cover for the cargo area that had been "hidden"
I recently checked out Google reviews and saw posts of several lawsuits that are being filed against them for selling lemon cars! I would never go to this dealership again, even if they were giving free cars away!
Was this review helpful to you?
Yes | No