Koons Tysons GM

2000 Chain Bridge Road,
Vienna, Virginia 22182
Koons Tysons GM Info
About Koons Tysons GM

Koons Tysons GM Corner specializes in the sales and service of Chevy, Buick and GMC vehicles along with full-line certified pre-owned. Koons is proud to serve customers in Vienna VA, Tysons Corner VA, Arlington VA, Falls Church VA, Alexandria VA, Springfield VA, Woodbridge VA, Fairfax VA, Manassas VA, Chantilly VA, Leesburg VA, Sterling VA, Reston VA and all around the Washington DC area. Jim Koons Automotive is a family-owned and operated automotive group since 1964. With 31 franchises in 22 locations in the Washington, DC area, including Maryland, Virginia and Delaware, Koons is on the Top 15 list of largest automotive groups in the U.S., and one of the largest online dealers in the nation. Koons was named one of Washington Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Krystal Koons is the official spokesperson for Jim Koons Automotive Companies.

About Koons Tysons GM

Sunday 11:00 AM - 5:30 PM

Linda T
3/23/2015

"Great Car Buying Experience"

My husband and I had an awesome car buying experience when we purchased my new GMC Acadia. The customer service we received from our sales consultant Earl Jones was so exceptional that when my husband decided to purchase a new car, Earl at Koons of Tysons was our only choice. We called Earl with a long list of specifications on the vehicle we were interested in. He called us right back to let us know he found the perfect match, everything we asked for was there down to the color and the trim. Earl even had the car parked at the front door when we arrived. He walked us through the whole sales process, answered all our questions, and ensured we got all the discounts we qualified for. His General Sales Manager John Gribbins worked with us to come up with a fair price for our trade-in vehicle. He also worked with us on the pricing of the new vehicle. Their only goal was to make sure we were completely satisfied with our purchase. Anything they could do to make the process easy and enjoyable they did. There’s no better team to work with. Earl and John took care of everything, all we had to do was go to the finance office and sign the paperwork. Even our finance officer Al Rodriguez was awesome he had everything ready. He went over the contracts and got us out quickly. If you’re looking to purchase a vehicle and want exceptional customer service go to Koons of Tysons. Ask for Earl Jones and you’re guaranteed to have a great car buying experience.

John Gribbins

Soumya
3/02/2015

"Buick Encore"

I recently bought a Buick Encore at this dealership, where I was helped by James. It was one of the smoothest experiences ever. When we went in, we had no need to buy a car. We were just interested in potentially getting an AWD. James not only happened to find me the perfect car, he also managed to find me the perfect deal. He was not patronizing, or condescending, but instead was professional and helpful. When we talked prices with a manager, he even helped out by entertaining my cranky 6 year old! The car was freshly detailed and ready to go when we drove it out of the lot and I am thrilled with it. Being from Detroit, who has grown up driving Detroit cars, I was thrilled to find a good car for a good price. Maybe not Detroit prices, but definitely something that doesn't make me feel like I've been had. If not for James, I can say definitively that it wouldn't have happened. Thanks!

James Nuyen

Bermard Farrell
2/20/2015

"In for 6,000 mile check up"

In the process of doing the check up, the mechanic noted a leak in my water pump. Steve indicated this would be taken care of at no charge due to a factory warranty saving me $460.38 cents. Bear in mind my Buick Enclave is a 2008 with over 70,000 miles on it. Nice savings I must say. I may have spent over 3 hours waiting for my repairs to be completed, a time well spent. Thanks Steve and the mechanic(s) that put my Enclave back in excellent shape. I feel much safer now for all your efforts. Bernie Farrell

Linda T
2/17/2015

"Exceptional Customer Service"

My husband and I had the best experience we have ever had at a car dealership. Our Sales Consultant Earl Jones was awesome; he was so helpful and patient. He answered all our questions and took the time to show me all the features that came with our new vehicle. He even helped me set up most of them. He is truly a genuine and caring person, his only concern was making sure we had a great car buying experience and received the vehicle of our choice with minimal effort on our part. Everyone we had contact with at Koons of Tysons from the Sales Manager Jay Jarvis, the Finance Manager Kelli Dyer, to the parts department all treated us the same. They went out of their way to ensure we were happy with our purchase. Anyone looking to purchase a new or used vehicle with no hassle Koons of Tysons Corner is the place to go. Ask for Earl Jones and you will always get the VIP treatment.

gina.weigel.77
12/03/2014

"Tires, what tires!?"

I brought in my vehicle for new tires. I ordered the tires through parts and then scheduled my appointment for install the following week. After 50 minutes of waiting I am told they sent the tires back the same morning of my appointment (because waiting one more day is just to much.) I was told they sent several emails to confirm my appointment which I never received (the receptionist must have written it down incorrectly... If that's even a valid excuse.) I had all intentions of keeping my appointment, as I am still here while I am writing this review. I expect a rental car at this point. The only positive not is that Patrick handles everything on his end professionally. He was very pleasant in resolving an issue he had not caused.

Patrick

acmetcalf
9/27/2014

"Worst Experience Ever "

Worst experience ever!! I purchased a car from them not even a month ago. It was nine o'clock at night and raining when the sale took place so I didn't think I should inspect the whole vehicle for myself used or not since it went through the pre owned koons inspection. The sales associate Mando was great and that is all the positive things I have to say about this place. The supervisor Robert Megan was great before the sale was final but that after he would not return my or my husbands phone calls. That is when Brad Smith got involved. But first let me tell you what was wrong with it: the headphones don't work, the rear av didn't work,one of the head phone jacks didn't work, the rear seat belt looked like it had been named through, and they put in conventional oil when it clearly states synthetic oil. Brad Smith told me his service experts don't work on these cars usually and they didn't know. Well hello?! That is what the instruction Manuel is for. Also he said the detail department must have over looked the seat belt being torn in half and just hid it in the corner and didn't tell anyone about it. But at the same time I am being lied to about the inspection it has been through. Or are they telling me this is a koons quality pre owned car. Well after enough nagging and explaining these items should have been fixed before the car was put on the lot Brad asked us to bring the car in and they would fix it. My husband called the next day to check on the car and the service department didn't even know where my car was. It took our own investigating to find out they took it somewhere else to be serviced. When my husband and I went to pick up the car Brad Smith told us that everything had been fixed but they wouldn't replace the head phones since it is a luxury item. I was very upset because when I buy a used car I expect everything to work and if they didn't want to replace the head phones then they should have not been offered in the car. I kept on about getting new head phones or I would write nasty reviews. Brad Smith then insulted me by saying he would buy me head phones from Walmart if I wouldn't write nasty reviews because if you mention anyone's name negatively in a review then they would get fired. Not even having the car back after a couple of days we noticed the power outlets where you charge your phone were not working. We asked the place they took the car to be serviced what happened and he said if could have happened while they were working on the car or they didn't work in the first place. It took two weeks to get a hold of Brad Smith and when I did he said the car wasn't his problem anymore and their cars are put through a koons inspection and I would have to take care of this myself. Brad also said I bought a used car not a new one and if I wanted everything to be working properly I should have bought a new car. If this is a koons experience it was horrible and I do not suggest anyone buy a car from them and be put through what I have been put through. Used car or not everything should work and it hasn't even been a month of owning it. Brad Smith has no communication skills and is horrible at making customers happy He even hung up on me today and is very argumentative. I called to complain about the service I was getting last week to the general manager Bryan Murphy and he hasn't even called me back. Koons has ruined my car buying experience and I will NEVER go to another koons dealer again.

Brad Smith

Dan Knarr
9/14/2014

"If it too good to be true...It generally is !!!"

The Ad showed a very low price. I qualified that price with Jame.. Sales guy at least an entire week, back and forth. Came down to me driving 2 hrs to look at the truck. All of a ssudden, no reply after a weeks worth of replies. Finally, 2 days later, James calls me on a Saturday and says his boss was going to call me about the price discreptancy?? It went up 4K!! That he was sorryand would make it up to me? PT Barnum said:;" you can fool all of the people someof the rime and some of the people all the time" Must be Koons motto also. Buyer beware; about this SHADY dealership. I had a dealer in my area phone to make sure it was a ligit deal. She said, "buy the 2015 Sierra Denali truck"!! That the price was confirmed and she couldn't p[ossibly match it. Not just oops, we made a mistake. Perhaps deliberetly, yes, i'm convinced it was a sham from the get go. I do however think that James in sales was also a victim of nievety. DannyK Pennsylvania

shenasimone
9/05/2014

"Sales Representative Mandou Gaye..."

I had inquired about purchasing a new car and Mandou, a car salesman at Koons Dealership, offered to pick me up from my home and bring me to the dealership he worked at. He was very professional and did not pressure me into buying a vehicle. Upon arrival to Koons Dealership I realized that I really wasn't interested in a Chevy vehicle and Mandou offered to drop me off at a Mazda Dealership since I was really interested in purchasing a Mazda 3S. If I decide to purchase a Chevy in the future I will definitely contact Mandou- he's an awesome individual and provides outstanding customer service.

Koons Tysons GM responded to this review

September 22, 2014

Thank you for the review! Glad to hear you had a great experience with Koons, hopefully we will see you here again soon!

flounderfoot
7/11/2014

"1 simple headlight turns into a what looks like a scam job. "

I will leave the names out, I don't think its fair to single out one person. I had to get my left front headlight fixed on my 09 Malibu, it seems the front end needs to be taken off for this. I showed up at 730 and was told it would only take an hour, After a 45 minutes a gentleman comes up and tells it will be $1,400.00 to fix the sparkplugs, Wipers, Headlight, Fluids, etc, etc. I never asked for any of this to be looked at. Just last Thursday I had my car serviced at a local jiffy lube, and had a new filter put in. I'm very disappointed with what is perceived as a con job for more money. The simple headlight bulb still cost $240.00

No Names

camaro2014gray
6/17/2014

"2014 Camaro purchase...first-class experience w/ Tyler!"

Worked with Tyler Harper to set up a factory order for a new 2014 Camaro. Every aspect of my contact with Tyler, from the first email to the last, was professional and helpful. He knew the vehicle inside and out when I arranged a visit, and we very quickly arrived at a fair market price for the vehicle. He was lightning fast in all responses to any queries I had - either by phone or email - and was also very helpful in providing numbers up front and throughout the process that were consistent and accurate throughout. I've purchased many vehicles over the past 25+ years through many different methods, to include at least half a dozen General Motors products. Without a doubt working with Tyler has been the best experience I have had in that time. I would not hesitate to recommend to family/friends that they contact him first if looking for a GM product it in the Metro DC area (indeed I already have) and he will be the first number I call when we begin the process to purchase another... [Significantly, he was willing to begin the correspondence - discussing both vehicle options and specific pricing - via email. He is very flexible and comfortable working across all lanes of electronic correspondence. This willingness to begin negotiations via email resulted in the sale, as most dealerships in the area will insist on a face-to-face meeting or direct phone call before providing a bid on a vehicle... of the handful of dealerships that provided bids on my initial factory order request, Tyler's was by far the most competitive, and it remained so as the process unfolded...]

Reviews of Earl Jones