Lakeland Chrysler Dodge Jeep

Lakeland Chrysler Dodge Jeep Info

Lori
5/28/2016

"Inexperienced Sales Person"

Went in to make a new vehicle, young lady who was suppose to be helping very very young and inexperienced. Didn't know what she was doing and became very rude with us immediately when I started asking questions. I went to Fade City Jeep and made my purchase.

extremely young in experienced rude young lady

brad s
5/23/2016

"Totally incompetent cost me $7500 for a $1500 job"

STAY AWAY FAR AWAY took forever to fix truck replaced parts that were not needed and when finished check engine light was still on. After spending $3500 there cost me another $500 to fix check engine light. They also removed the transmission cooler line and didnt put the clip back on right the line blew off and pumped all the fluid out burned up the transmission which cost me another $3500.

service manager

rvmarc
4/01/2016

"Terrible Service Department"

I bought my Jeep here (new). Brought it in to replace a broken part. They sounded like they were going to fix it, no problem. Six weeks later still no part, no follow through, no calls returned. made an appointment, but they had never ordered the part. Going elsewhere, these guys suck!

Scott, Mark

warranty guru
3/14/2016

"Out of control service department, no integrity"

I have worked in and with dealership service departments for over 25 years. When my niece was ready to go to college out of state at my advise she purchased a 2007 caliber with chrysler service contract and maintenance agreement (from another dealer in KY). I thought I had piece of mind thinking that she would be taken care of with little or no hassle. Was I ever wrong. The first couple of visits to Lakeland Chrysler for oil changes and a few other little things went for the most part ok. Around Sept 2015 she had a noise coming from the front of her car, they informed her it was the hub bearing and replaced it under the contract, the noise was still there. My niece had picked up the car and was going to take it back. The car was then involved in a rear end collision, and it was borderline being a total loss. This was in October. While waiting for the insurance company to settle, the transmission went out. The car was now 400 miles beyond the contract period. it is now late November. I contacted Chrysler Service Contracts (an upstanding company) and discussed the situation with them, they said they would replace the transmission, for the dealer to contact them. I went to visit the service manager in person, to review all the information with him and asked for his assistance. He informed me it would be no problem have the car towed in and we did. We waited for a response for almost a week and a half. I was contacted by Matt, who informed me that he had contacted Chrysler Service Contracts and they denied the repairs and it would be $5000.00. I wondered what went wrong so I contacted Chrysler Service Contracts again. They informed me the dealership never contacted them. I then contacted Chrysler customer assistance and filed a complaint. It took me calling Chrysler customer assistance 3 times over a period of a week before the dealership contacted Chrysler Service Contacts for approval. The transmission was approved and replaced just before Christmas. As a gesture of no hard feelings, in spite of the recommendation of others, we left the car to be repaired by the body shop at Lakeland Chrysler. It was almost a pleasant experience, except for the alignment that was supposed to have been done by the service dept. I looked at car and could tell the rear axle was not in specs. The body shop manager sent it to another shop to be aligned. Guess what it was out of specs and the left front tie rod end was worn( the socket was loose). Wait a minute, the tech had had this part disconnected at least twice in the last 1500 miles and an oil change inspection and most recently 50 miles ago when the transmission was replaced! Along comes the new year we finally have the car back, all fixed, Chrysler and State Farm has paid around $8000 for the repairs to this car. My niece gets the car back and I hope the nightmare is over. Nope! The car develops a shutter at 35 mph intermittent. We take the car back to Lakeland Chrysler, they keep it a couple of days and Matt informed us the "tipm" needed to be updated and it would be $110.00. I refused because, we did not authorize any charges and with my experience I felt it was a bad diagnosis. I did eventually agree to pay $49 for check out if when my niece picked up the car and drove it that it did not shudder. She picked it up and drove it a week, it was back again. I instructed her to take the car back to the dealership when it was malfunctioning and have someone in service ride with her. She did. Lakeland Dodge confirmed it was a shudder again, they Don (new guy) called me later to sell my another $5000 transmission, at which point I reminded him they just put one in it and it would be covered by Mopar Parts warranty. I was then told they would order the transmission and we would have the car back in a week. I requested a loaner for my niece because of her need for her vehicle, and even asked she couldn't drive hers until the replacement trans got there. Don said he would put her name on the waiting list for a loaner. A week goes by neither my niece or I have heard from Lakeland Chrysler. I call and speak to Don he is hopeful the transmission will be in and ready to pick up the next day, that was on a Wednesday morning. Don calls me on Wednesday afternoon, he informs me they did further diagnosis on the car and it doesn't need a transmission but a $500 throttle body. I agree with this diagnosis in theory, but at this point the history with this dealership service department, I think I will pay another dealer to confirm the diagnosis and repair. Again I have 25 years experience with service and parts operations in Chrysler dealerships. I know things can happen. I expected that my niece would be well taken care of. If there was ever a problem with the car, I expected it to be brought to our attention so that we could have it repaired. She drives over 1200 miles one way to get back home. This dealership service department failed on safety inspection, proper diagnosis, and quality control in my mind.

Matt, Don, and service manager

CITRUS35
2/20/2016

"Lakeland Chrysler is the worst dealership in Central Florida"

If you need a car, don't buy a new one, at least not from Lakeland Chrysler Dodge Jeep. Dealers will not tell you that the value will drop as soon as you drive it off the lot. The sales team at this dealership do not know the cars they are selling and don't work on your behalf. I trade-in my Camry (big mistake, I should I sell it myself). You can get more for your current car if you sell it on your own - don't trade it in. I repeat do not trade it in. So I recently bought a 2016 Chrysler 200 from the sales person, who said the rate was the best they could do. Only to learn that I could have gotten the same car with more features at a much lower rate, from a more reputable dealer. I am now paying $600 a month on 11% APR for 72 months. This sucks.

Richard

Vince
1/12/2016

"The worst dealer ever!!! liars and unprofessional"

I rated them with 1 star because I can't give them a -10 stars!!! The worst service department ever!!! The worst customer service ever!! Unbelievable!

Don

Mtm13630
9/17/2015

"service department liars"

Took my car for service 4 times in 3 weeks. Even filmed the noise on my phone. 3 months later my a/c is broken again and now car is over the warranty. Bottom line:Lakeland Dodge didn't want to fix it!!! It was a costly repair that was covered under warranty and they knew if they put me off I would be over the warranty within a few months! Disgusting!

Service department

worst experience
8/25/2015

"service I expect from a buy here pay here"

Really shady stealership sold us a car with multiple issues. They like to mess around and are not professional in any way definitely go to winter haven or Tampa it will save you some heartache

Randy rick and dino

NotlakelandDodge
8/12/2015

"True unprofessional sales staff"

Verbally attacked and confronted by an Internet sales member in front of other customers and staff due to me working with another salesman after repeated unreturned calls. It was enough to make a grown person laugh. Never talked to him once before stepping on property. Guy is an undereducated unprofessional member of the team. He showed his true colors. If you are looking to purchase go somewhere else to have a more pleasant buying experience. This dealership tries to overprice the vehicles so you feel like you are getting a better deal during negotiations. Shop around and save yourself long term regret. If your looking for a Dodge go to Tom Edwards.

Guy said I did haha

Jessica04
7/29/2015

"Looking for new vehicle"

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!!! Never ever will I return or recommend Lakeland dodge!! The sales person did not have the time of day for us, little did he know we were already pre approved and went elsewhere the same day and bought a brand new ram 3500 4x4. Your loss, guess the general manger needs to take a look at his employees and maybe then won't miss out on large purchases! Just awful experience I cannot say enough bad things about this place!! Go to posner park dodge in davenport!!! U will b treated properly there with no BS!!!

Jorge