Larsen Motors

Larsen Motors

Call
Larsen Motors Info
About Larsen Motors

Our Sales Department has one purpose: to exceed your expectations from test drive to delivery. Our professional sales team is committed to a no-pressure, high integrity approach to your ownership experience. Our goal is for you to feel that the vehicle you drive away in is the perfect one for you. Our ServiceDepartment offers the best in automotive service to our customers. Our state-of-the-art facility features the most current diagnostic and repair equipment available and our highly skilled factory-trained technicians will deliver efficient, quality vehicle care. Our Parts Department, manufacturer recommended parts are an important part of maintaining your vehicle's optimum performance. We offer the same high quality parts your vehicle was built with and we keep a large inventory of these certified parts in stock at all times.

About Larsen Motors

"Car Purchase"

We stopped to look for a tow vehicle for our motor home. We saw one on display, but found a nicer HHR on sale! Thomas looked up if it would be towable. He even printed the instructions for us. It was a nice experience.

"great service, knowledgerable sales rep"

Thomas Spencer was very helpful. After shopping for a car for several months we were happy to finally find the perfect car for us, and Tom was very helpful.

"Customer Service"

Our experience in working with Greg Smith and the other staff was fantastic. The best customer service in buying a vehicle I have personally ever had. Greg's salesmanship style goes far with someone like me. He was informative, made suggestions (without his suggestion I would not have even looked at the Cadillac I ended up buying), He answered all our questions, was completely understanding of our schedule changes in meeting to sort out the details and his general unassuming demeanor really helped us in making our vehicle decision. And, of course, the Cadi is an amazing car! Such a fabulous ride and I learn something new about it almost daily-still in learning curve mode since it's a pretty Smart car and this is my first experience in purchasing that smart of a vehicle! I have shared my amazing customer service story with most of my friends and co-workers. In fact, one of my co-workers says her husband will not go anywhere else but Larsen Motors to buy a car. He would rather travel to McMinnville from Portland where he lives because he's had such a good experience with the folks there. Thanks again Greg and the other staff members!

"Disapponited"

This dealer ship had a GMC Yukon XL 2014 with vin number 1GKS2KE77ER12040 adversited for sale for $ 1.00 went into the dealership this morning 5/3/14. Mike McMahon was very rude and mean when when was speaking AT me..... Did not honor the adversiment and refused to correct the issue at hand. I would not recondmend this dealership to anyone.

Larsen Motors responded to this review

September 04, 2014

We are sorry to hear that your experience was dissapointing. The 2014 Yukon XL you mention is fresh inventory and a retail price had not been assigned as of your viewing, at times when new inventory hits our lot the computer assigns a value of $0 or even $1. If you would like to discuss this further offline please contact us directly and we would be more than happy to cover this with you. Thank you.

"Naive buyer trying to purchase a car for the first time."

Me and my fiance had been looking at cars for 3 months when we saw an Acura MDX show up on their page for an absolute steal. After checking it out we knew it would be a fantastic purchase. I mean this thing was clean and priced well below what KBB, Edmunds, and NADA said was a good deal. Now as a 23 year old student with little credit but with a very comfortable financial situation, it seemed like it would be an easy purchase. Unfortunately we were wrong and my lack of credit history with a non-traditional income status meant that I literally could not get financed by a bank on my own. I got some great information and service from Gregory but ended up working with another salesman, Wes. Wes spent over 5 hours with me trying to find a way to get me in this car. He didn't try to trick me(although honestly when a car was priced like theirs was, it makes it a much more pleasurable process) and kept me entertained throughout the wait. When it became apparent that I would have to get co-signed, they held this highly-desirable car with multiple serious leads for me without charge. The help and friendliness of this dealership transcended slimy,successful salesman. I was truly treated like a valuable customer. Their finance manager, Dan, worked tirelessly(5+hours on the phone) to find a bank for me and after greeting the OWNER, even he joined the campaign and that gesture was priceless. When I arrived to purchase my car there was little-to-no pressure on purchasing extra services and there's wasn't a single point in the process that I became frustrated with the transaction. Larsen motors has earned two lifetime customers and as an institution, I haven't experienced anything close. I can say with confidence that Wes and Dan are class acts and have made me a happy man.

"Great people.we bought a vehicle from Larsen motors..."

Great people.we bought a vehicle from Larsen motors recently and the process was painless and we never felt like we were under pressure to buy

georgine

"We went in to buy our granddaughter a used car she is 22..."

We went in to buy our granddaughter a used car she is 22 and it is her first time Thomas greeted us and let her drive anything she wanted. She was so excited never once did he push her into buying. She ended us buying a 2011 Chevy Malabu. Thomas Was so helpful and non pushy that we ended up buying a 2012 Buick Lacross from him with all the trimmings. WE had no intension of buying a caar it just happened. He went above and beyond to make sure both our gramddaughter and us kept within our budgets and he never once got in our faces about buying. This is the first time we have bought aa car and not come home totally exhausted. We have already sent people down to look at cars and hopefully they feel the same way about there experience. The whole team was great to us and we will definatly buy there again. Thank you Thomas and team Larson for the greatest buying experience in probably 45 years.

Thomas Spencer

"This was the best car buying experience ever. Everyone..."

This was the best car buying experience ever. Everyone was very easy going with no high pressure sales tactics. They gave us a great price right up front with a much better value for our trade. Great people!

Wes

"Hi all, I don't really ever write reviews either good..."

Hi all, I don't really ever write reviews either good or bad but my experience at Larsen's Motors was so horrible I thought maybe I could help someone else out, as it's already too late for me. I purchased a 2005 Cadillac Escalade 2 days ago (Monday December 14th 2009). I took it on a test drive around the dealership, checked all the knobs etc...(e.g. windshield wipers front and back, heated seats and so forth). The heated seats in the back did not work and there were a few other "quirks" but the price was right and there didn't appear to be any major defects, so I went ahead and bought it. Boy was that a mistake. On the way home (I live in Tualatin about 30 minutes away), the rear windshield wiper quit working (actually, it fell off and was hanging down by my bumper all the way home...). Then the front axle started making a high pitched whining noise at speeds above 50 mph (on my test drive there was no freeway access so I didn't get it above 35 mph). I've driven a car before that made the same noise and it ended up being axle bearings that needed replacing (believe me, not a cheap repair). During the test drive, there were no noises and the wiper worked fine so it's not like I bought the car expecting axle problems and for things to fall off the car.... So I got home and immediately called the dealership wanting to give the car back and get my money back. Keep in mind, this had only been about an hour later so it's not like I bought it, drove it for 2 months and then changed my mind because I wanted a different car. This was me buying a car (and not a cheap one) in good faith that there were no mechanical problems or any other issues (aside from the heated seat thing I mentioned above). I think if, within the first hour things start falling off the car and you start noticing noises that weren't present during the test drive, you'd have an opportunity to just say "hey, no harm no foul - the car obviously has some issues that were not readily apparent an hour ago when I drove it, let me give it back to you, you give me back my money and you can tell the next person about the issues or fix them and re-sell it". Well, the response I got to that was "hey, we didn't do anything wrong - you should've bought a warranty". Now, I'm not an idiot, I know that legally when you purchase a used car you're kind of rolling the dice but I would expect that when you buy for a dealership (especially one that purports to being around since 1940) that they would at least do some minimal mechanical checking before selling it, and if they "miss" something as noticeable as a whining axle they'd say "hey, our bad, we missed it, we'll take it back and do the right thing." Now, I understand they are a business and are not in it necessarily to "do the right thing" but to make money. However, is the $20k+ really worth leaving the customer with a horrible buying experience? I mean, if I even tell 100 or 200 friends and acquaintances about my experience and 5-10 of them ever considered buying from Larsen's, then they've already lost upwards of $100k dollars. And it's not like they'd be taking a loss taking it back - I put only about 20 miles on it so they would just have to put it back in their inventory, fix the issue and sell it again. As I mentioned, "legally" they are under no obligation to do this (at least I'm assuming - I'm no lawyer), but morally, and from a future business standpoint I would think they would at least consider the option. In any case, that is my experience with "Western Oregon's Most Reputable Auto Dealer" (ironically proudly displayed right on their website). Oh yeah, lastly I woke up the next morning and pulled out of the parking lot and there was a new dashboard rattle which just started up. It feels like they put this car together with duct tape just hoping it would last long enough for some sucker (yay me!) to take the headache off their hands. In any case, I'm still a bit hot about all of this and I don't want people to think "oh yeah, there's just one picky customer with a bad experience - our experience won't necessarily be like that!" Obviously if Larsen's has a car you really want for a cheap price, you will consider it. I just hope that this review will make you think twice and at least consider alternate dealers or at the very least, get something in writing saying that "within 24 hours if the car starts falling apart will you agree to take it back?" Just be careful and cover yourselves. I sincerely hope this helps someone. Good luck and happy car hunting!

Shawn, Dan

EscaladeGuy responded to this review

December 16, 2009

Followup: They are looking into the problems so I may have to retract this review...

Reviews of Thomas Spencer