Lee Toyota Scion

Central Maine Toyota

Nate
2/12/2016

"Excellent customer service"

Our sales person Robie Benner helped me find the truck that i really wanted. I was very specific on the truck that I want to purchase, he was patient & worked really hard to get me the tacoma I wanted. Me & my wife are very satisfied dealing with them that this is the second purchase we did at Toyota Topsham within the last 4 years, first was our Sienna then our Tacoma.

Robbie Benner

Mark M
2/08/2016

"Positive Experience"

My overall dealing with Lee Toyota was a very positive experience. They treated me fairly knowing that I'm the type of consumer who likes to do a lot of research prior to buying/leasing an auto. Some dealerships don't appreciate these types of consumers but they were willing to negotiate and treated me very fairly on my trade in. I would highly recommend them. The salesman Joe Day was great to work with! I was impressed by how knowledgeable he was with all of the electronics that the new vehicle had.

Joseph Day

Verify
2/05/2016

"Aimed to please"

The salesperson listened to what we were looking for and did not try to sell us a more expensive model that we might not have been happy with. We were buying a just-introduced Prius model upgrade and he worked well with us as we learned about a vehicle that was new to him as well us. A very positive experience.

Nicholas Lamoreau,Jon Newland

the_two_of_us
1/29/2016

"We purchased two vehicles from Lee within 48 hours!"

Have dealt with many dealerships and sales people through the years. My sales rep Joe Day, and Lee Topsham is by far the best. Joe Day and Lee worked with my wife and I to get us in two vehicles we were looking for and could afford. One of the vehicles was at another Lee location and it was in Topsham within a few hours so we could take a test drive. I highly recommend at least checking Lee out. We purchased a used Dodge Avenger and Toyota Rav4.

Joe Day

Barrbeecue
1/13/2016

"New car"

I traded for a RAV 4 and was very happy with the sales rep and feel I was treated fairly and with respect. I think I'll be very happy with my new car

Jen and dru

Ron&Raven
1/12/2016

"Rob Benner"

Rob was great with explaining everything we needed to know. He gave us the time to discuss our pros and cons of buying the Rav 4 without having a sales person pressuring us. Great job Robbie!

Robbie Benner

forward
1/08/2016

"Time for a new one"

Shopping for a car is almost never fun, but necessary. With the old car approaching the end of its trouble-free phase, it was time to either pony up for repairs or trade in for new. The economics of the situation favored the new, and tired of other Toyota dealers, I wanted to give Lee a try. The dream dealer gives you an unbeatable deal up front; you do the research, determine that no one else can beat it, and close the deal. Pretty rare. Lee gave us a straight up offer, with very good trade-in value. We did have to go check other dealers' offers, and then come back and negotiate. That's pretty standard. Typical back and forth, in the end we got what we feel was the best deal we'd get from anyone, and the staff at Lee was patient and willing to work throughout the process. Bottom line, not quite the "dream dealer," but overall more pleasant and with a better outcome than any other dealer we could have chosen. I would recommend Lee to others interested in a Toyota.

Brodie MacDearmid, Mike Cosgrove

cbackl
1/02/2016

"Straightforward"

Brodie listened to what I had in mind and came through for me with a great deal. He's professional, courteous and funny -- easy to deal with. I would do business with him again.

Brodie MacDearmid, Drew

JimHenry58
12/31/2015

"Quick and professional"

Thomas listened carefully and responded quickly so that we were able to complete the purchase of a new Tacoma very quickly. He stuck to the job at hand and didn't try to "sell" us on anything.

Thomas Bery, salesperson and Andrew ? in finance

J.R.N.
12/30/2015

"Absolutely my Worst Car Buying Experience Ever"

We went to Lee Toyota on Saturday, December 19th for a test drive. We drove a 2016 4Runner SR5 Premium and the test drive went well. We decided this was the vehicle we wanted, just in a different color. I asked Robbie Benner, the car salesman who was helping us, “how many different packages there were to choose from?” and he said, “I’m not sure; I think there’s only 3.” In fact there are 6. I walked around the vehicle inspecting it and asked Robbie about the fame. Robbie told me that the 4Runner is a full frame vehicle with a uni-body. In fact, the vehicle is mounted on a full frame. This was the first of a series of misleading facts from Robbie. Robbie is not well trained or knowledgeable on or about Toyota Products. Robbie would not sell us a Premium for the price we asked for but told us we should just get an SR5. He told me on numerous occasions that the only options that are different between the two are: moonroof, navigation and leather heated seats. Robbie assured me multiple times that those were the only options that were different. If Lee records their phone calls, proof of this would be in the conversation Robbie and I had on the morning of Monday, December 21. This is the second time I was misled. In fact, there are several options that I wanted and was led to believe were included in the SR5. Here is the list of items which come in the Premium but not in the SR5: Leather heated seats, power adjustable passenger seat, softex trimmed seats, turn signal indicator on outside mirrors, auto dimming rearview mirror and homelink universal transceiver. Robbie assured me, on two occasions, that “I was pretty much getting a Premium” when in fact I was not. The third time I was misled was when Robbie tried coaxing us into pursuing a leasing option. I agreed to the $35,000 price tag because the lease option monthly payment was lower than the purchase monthly payment with $5,000 down. Robbie consistently used the word “equity” when he explained the lease. He continued to assure me that I could use the “equity in the vehicle” to purchase a new one in 3 years. There is no equity in a lease. He continued to mislead me by using the word equity. I shook his hand and told him I would buy it for that price, not fully understanding what he laid in front of me. I did not feel comfortable. The following Monday, December 21, I called him and had him try to explain all the details on the lease again after I did a surmountable amount of research. That conversation with him was when I confirmed to myself that there is no equity in a lease and I would pay approximately $41,000 for the vehicle, if I went with that option, and that a trade in after the 3 year lease was a gamble. I felt trapped and unable to get out of the deal because I had shaken his hand and verbally agreed to buy the vehicle. I believed that was a form of a contract on Saturday. I continued with the uncomfortable deal because Robbie promised me he would have leather seats installed, which would make the SR5 “Pretty much a Premium,” and I could have remote start installed. I was under the impression the entire time, until signing, that Lee Toyota was going to install seats from a Premium, which included heated and electric movable seats. I found out at signing that I was getting aftermarket leather from someone around town and after-market heated seats with a switch on the side of the seat. I also learned that Lee was having an after-market remote start installed, not Toyota parts at all. Robbie told me Toyota does not make a remote start system, when in fact Toyota’s website says that they do. This is not acceptable. I was fully under the impression that I was getting Toyota remote start and Toyota leather heated seats with an electric passenger seat. This is the fourth time Robbie misled us. My fifth issue is when we showed up to pick up the vehicle, a separate employee, immediately began to tease my wife by saying, “Hey, did you tell her about the dent, ….we have a new driver that went to pick up your vehicle”. How dare anyone put that stress on someone who just spent an enormous amount of money with their business? How more unprofessional could you be? Unfortunately, I had to wait outside with my two children while they slept, because I would not have reacted well to that. My wife drove the vehicle home. This is where I inspected it and uncovered the fact that Robbie had lied to us and the SR5 lacked all the option he assured us were in it. I decided I was going to return the vehicle the next day, if Lee Toyota would allow me to. I refused to swallow the pill that we overpaid for the vehicle that according to Robbie was “Pretty much a Premium.” Data from multiple websites dictates that I should have paid: TrueCar-$33,585; Edmunds-$33,911; CarsDirect-$33,410 for that SR5. My sixth issue is with Mike Mayle. When I called Lee Toyota, on Wednesday, December 23rd at1:18 pm, to discuss my vehicle return options, he asked me a few questions and put me on hold for a short while. When he returned to the line he was irate and immediately began to yell at me, telling me to return the vehicle immediately. I tried to explain that I was at work and that I would have to make arrangements for someone to watch my children so I could return the vehicle. He would not listen and demanded an exact time that I would be returning the vehicle and that he would be waiting for me. My intention before I talked to Mike Mayle was to return the vehicle and get the vehicle we wanted. I was going to keep my business with Lee Toyota until Mike Mayle disrespected me. Soon after that stressful conversation, I received a call from Mike Cosgrove, who acted like a true gentleman and professional, and he calmly provided me another option to return the vehicle, which would be Lee picking it up at my house. Again, if Lee recorded their phone calls one could listen to all these conversations. My final issue is with Robbie’s lack of character and professionalism. In addition to everything listed above, after Mike Cosgrove and I set up a pick up time for the vehicle, I received a phone call from Lee Toyota on Wednesday, December 23rd at 3:54 pm and it lasted 9 minutes. I left the meeting I was in to answer the call. Robbie called me and began to belittle me telling me he did nothing wrong and that this was my fault and that he supplied me with the exact vehicle I wanted. I tried to remind him of the conversations we had where he assured me I was getting the vehicle I wanted and the lack of information he provided to compare the options. I had to hang up on him due to his ignorance and asinine comments. Recorded phone calls would provide proof of this. Robbie’s phone call solidified my decision to never do business with Lee Toyota in the future. My wife and I were coaxed and misled into buying a vehicle on false promises, overpaid for it and were both disrespected. We took our business to Berlin City Toyota in Portland, Maine. We got an SR5 Premium in Magnetic Gray for a better price than Lee Toyota sold us an SR5.

Robbie Benner, Mike Mayle