Lexus of Queens

Charlie Villa

Terry Sanichar, Sales Consultant, Lexus of Queens

Terry Sanichar

April 06, 2017

"Don't Service your car here"

- Carmine

I’ve recently retired and in the past did not have the time to really go through the service manual of the car. I just brought the car into be serviced every 5,000 miles. After the recent service I was struck by a few things that were recommended and done. So now that I have the time I pulled up the service record and compared what was done to what was recommended. I found it quite disturbing and distressing regarding what Lexus of Queens has been doing. Let’s put my stupidity aside for not noticing this issue sooner, but as I said I retired and while working for the past many years I have been too busy to really get into the weeds on many issues. PCV valve was replaced significantly more frequent then what I could gather from my research. The service manual doesn’t address it. Maybe Lexus doesn’t think it ever needs to be replaced. Engine air filter seems to have been replaced twice as often as necessary. No I don’t drive on dirt roads. Air intake filter was replaced after just 15K, which now seems crazy since Lexus makes no recommendation on it and from what I read, it needs to be inspected and cleaned or replaced as needed. Lexus of Queens never recommended replacing it again, and I’m not sure if they ever inspected it after that. AC cabin filter roughly replaced twice as often as recommended. Fuel injection service frequency is not specified by Lexus but seems to have been done far more frequently than one would expect. Additionally the one time I took the car to Lexus of Manhattan, they stated it needed to be done. After Manhattan performed the service the performance of the engine was noticeably improved, significantly. I had no such experience after Lexus of Queens performed the service in the past At 45K brake fluid was replaced, 15K earlier than recommended. But really am I complaining about, no. Yes, my stupidity continued. At 40k & 45k in addition to standard+ service Lexus of Queens notes that they performed a “tire inspection and measures all tread depths”. But around 46K miles I found myself hydroplaning on route 87 in the rain, all of the surrounding vehicles had no issue and I found myself driving significantly slower than surrounding traffic afterwards. After the incident I went back and asked Lexus of Queens to inspect the tires and they agreed tires needed to be replaced, but only recommended replacing 2 of 4. I had an issue only replacing 2 so I asked them to replace all 4, but what they stocked, I was not happy with those tire choices, so went elsewhere and bought 4 Michelin. I just want to mention that I called Lexus (national) told them about the experience and they offered to pay for 2 of the 4 tires; I still went elsewhere and paid for 4 Michelin tires. At 50K and 60K Lexus of Queens replaced the spark plugs, but the service manual says it should be done at 120K. At 60K flushed cooling system and replaced coolant, 60K early. Manual states inspect fluid regularly, but replace at 120k. Putting my own stupidity aside, please realize that each time I would bring the car in for the 5K service they sit you down and recommend what should be done based upon how many miles are on the car. So, I conclude “hey it’s time, do it”. Ok at the time I brought the car in for the last service I asked a NY State Inspection be performed and they charge me the $37. Let’s get this right. I just spent $1,100 during which they performed everything required for an inspection and then charged me $37 to apply the sticker to the windshield? And they couldn’t even do it right. Much of the glue from the old stickler is still there, and the new one isn’t even technically where it’s supposed to be. After the latest service, a few additional things were recommended. Well I did none of them. I’m bringing the car elsewhere for a second opinion. To me this situation seems utterly ridiculous and it appears I spent significantly more money than I should have over the past six years servicing this car. I’m curious what Lexus national, has to say about all this, and am awaiting a reply.

Matt

March 02, 2017

" Alex Quinteros is an amazing guy. He is the BEST. "

- kanjilal

Peter is the best. Raj, Rich, and genearal manger are amazing. All other people were very very nice. It was the best experience. On 3/1/2017 I got another Lexus from them for my son. Alex Quinteros is an amazing guy. He is dedicated and he will do anything for you. General manager Ken Wartel is an extraordinary person. He talked to me while going home around 8 PM. Everybody is so nice. This is like a family. GOD BLESS THEM ALL.

Alex Quinteros is an amazing guy.

January 13, 2017

"Great team"

- Scott r

I am super impressesed with the entire team at Lexus of queens. Our sales consultant was Artem Rodnevski, he was very patient with us. Artem stayed with us for at least 2 hrs after closing on the first day, never once giving the impression that he would rather be somewhere else. He is also very funny- great no pressure experience. Our finance manager Alex Quinteros is very personable and professional. We never felt like we were being mislead, he explained every line of this sale in detail. We went through all of our options- sales vs lease together-pros and cons. Together Artem and Alex made it happen for us. Proud owners of a loaded 2017 rx 350. A dealership of team players. Also briefly talked with Andrew, Willy, and Raj all were super. Thank you, Scott R

Artem Rodnevski; Alex Quinteros