Lunghamer Buick GMC

Waterford, Michigan 48327
Lunghamer Buick GMC Info

Non-Lunghamer Buyer & Happy
3/07/2016

"Serious Shoppers Go Elsewhere! "

wAfter contacting this dealership about a used car, I received a generic email about them contacting me shortly. The following day I received a call from Kenya with lots of questions. I specifically state we are driving a lengthy distance and are interested in ONE particular car. She insists inventory in full; I again state we are just interested in this ONE car. I ask if price is negotiable as the car is more than what we have to spend, it's a long way to drive...Kenya insists they are having an inventory clearance and prices are definitely negotiable during this sale. She states Doug will be my sales person upon arrival. Two minutes later I receive a call from the dealership, a salesman - Rob. Asking questions I just covered with Kenya. This should have clued me in to the lack of service to come. I explained to him I covered this material just two minutes ago with her and I'm at work. He says he is now my sales person. Okay! Walk into the dealership and within two minutes Rob hands us off to Ron Newman. From the beginning he presented that we were an inconvenience. As customers we knew more about the used car than he did. We test drive the car and sit to discuss hard numbers. I explain my previous TWO discussions about driving out there and price negotiations to which he tells me they do not negotiate as their prices are so good. When I don't respond to his posturing, he says he'll take an offer to his sales manager if I have one. I give him my offer to which he responds by jumping up, refusing to take that offer, throwing his pen down on the desk, and walking away. I wouldn't recommend this dealership to anyone for assistance. Not only did Ron Newman conduct himself beyond poorly, I'm confident if I was a man he would have talked like a mature adult and not thrown objects in front of my daughter.

Kenya, Rob, and Ron Newman

Lunghamer Buick GMC responded to this review

April 14, 2016

Thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your visit with Lunghamer Buick GMC. We care about all our customers and wish to restore your good faith in us. If you'd be willing, our general manager would like to speak with you at (248) 461-1000 to discuss ways to improve your experience with our dealership moving forward. We hope to hear from you soon.

CGROAT
11/28/2015

"Customers not important "

Let me start out by saying that our sales girl Katie was great (David Jackson) not so much! we took a terrain home on a Wednesday the next day was thanksgiving so was told to come back on Friday around 2:00 which was nice returned to dealer around 1:30 they were busy being Black Friday and all so was taking longer than expected. There was a few options not on the car that we were told didn't notice till driving the next morning so looked into a upgraded model but price was to high. tried to negotiate a better deal but was treated like an idiot!! And told that they have a lot of time invested in this deal and they let us take the car overnight (LIKE DAVID WAS DOING US A FAVOR!) so we decided to pay a little more than we wanted cause we liked the car he comes back with a higher price and now wants a $1400 down payment (when we already said NOTHING DOWN) I think that was his way over pissing me off enough so I would leave so that's what we did! What a crappy 4 HR experience we had won't buy or lease from them if they were the last dealer around!!!!!!!

Katie,David

ebony874
11/08/2015

"Excellent customer service "

Excellent customer service. Many finance options, especially if you have student loan debt or bad credit. Low down payment. Loved my experience. Ask for Gordie!!!!

Gordie, Dave

kkent87
12/28/2014

"FANTASTIC!!!"

I went on a Tuesday night at 7:30 and they had me in the car I wanted at the price I wanted in phenomenal time. Who's ever heard of being in and out of a car dealership with everything you want, papers signed, and keys in your hand within 2 hours?! my salesman Gordy was a great guy. He walked me through everything since this was my first real car purchase. They didn't try to screw me or get more out of me than they could they were genuinely good people. the manager walked me through things when we were signing papers. it was just an overall really good experience and I would recommend them over and over again.

GORDY

brown3rc
12/10/2014

"Dealership or scam artists?"

I brought my car in to get a new key fob programmed. I was told that the key fob was no good so had to get a new one. I went to a 3rd party for a new one. Once I came in again I was then told that it was the transmitter in the car. I also had recalled parts shipped in and replaced. After the work was done, my car computer started malfunctioning sporadically. I brought it in for a diagnostic check and was told that they could not find anything wrong with it (still charged me). I brought it in a second time with a video of the error. They finally believed me but could not reproduce it. They kept my car for two days without telling me it would take that long. They still could not tell me what was wrong (Charged me again). After picking up my car I did some research and found many blogs about the issue, and saw from the paper work that the issue could be coming from a part that the dealership put an extender on for one of the recalled parts. After calling the service center again expressing my concern and opinion that they may have caused the issue I never heard back from this dealership. I would caution doing any kind of business here. I ended up having to purchase a new vehicle. Clearly I went somewhere else.

Steve Glazer

JudithC
3/25/2014

"STAY CLEAR OF THIS DEALERSHIP IF YOU NEED SERVICE. ..."

STAY CLEAR OF THIS DEALERSHIP IF YOU NEED SERVICE. Evidently this service advisor doesn't like it if you don't spend the dollar amount he has in mind whether the car needs it or not. If you decline the unnecessary repairs or services, you chance a free fix it up special. The last and final time here, I came in for an oil change and drove out with a cracked wind-shield and dripping coolant from a deliberately damaged water pump intake.

Neil Bain

Driver31
2/07/2014

"Thea manager at the Buick dealer is very unfriendly and..."

Thea manager at the Buick dealer is very unfriendly and down right rude . He has very poor customer service in general . He accused me of lying about something defective in the car after I brought it back the very next day after purchase . I drove a very long way and it was something that could have been easily changed in good faith to keep a customer . I was thoroughly disappointed with my experience e and would not recommend anyone to go to this dealership because of this managers awful people skills !

Manager

mcrone17
11/19/2013

"Don't let the nice look of the cars and salesmen fool..."

Don't let the nice look of the cars and salesmen fool you, this place is just as, if not more scummy as any other dealership. The guy Gordie pushed me to buy an '06 Jeep Commander, assuring me that it will hold up because it's a Jeep. Check engine light came on my second day of driving the car! They "fixed" it for me and three days later it came on again. He promised me it was nothing to worry about, maybe a faulty O2 sensor. So I figured I would bring it in whenever I get a chance, right? Wrong. My Jeep wouldn't start at all the next day. He tries to tell me that no one knew there was anything wrong with the Jeep. So either they sold me the shitty car, knowing it would crap out on me. Or their technicians are that incompetent that they can't tell what's wrong with a car. Not only that but every time I try to talk to the guy who sold me the car he barely says anything to me, just sends me to talk to someone else! Extremely unsatisfied with my experience here so far.

Gordie

ozora530
9/04/2013

"I took my car here after getting rear ended thinking that..."

I took my car here after getting rear ended thinking that a dealership would do an outstanding job.... boy was I wrong!!!! They didn't paint the car to match the original paint, I had to take it back for a spot they forgot to blend, also had to take it back because the truck wasn't flesh with the rest of the car, it didn't shut properly, and the paint on the inside was all bumpy like a 5 year old had painted it. Although this is minor, when you spend a fortune with them, this should have been caught: they did not even paint where the gas lid was scratched on the side. They didn't even notice that my driver seat chair wasn't working properly. I don't think they did a good inspection to be honest with you. After they "fixed" what was wrong with it when I took it back saying I wasn't happy, they said "that is the best we can do". However, I got hit again a month later, took it to a collision shop and they fixed everything that was wrong with it from the Lunghamer Buick GMC "repair". They were in shock on what a bad job they did. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEIR COLLISION SHOP HERE!!! Although referred by State Farm, I was VERY VERY shocked and disappointed!!! You could tell I was inconveniencing them by asking them to fix what I saw was wrong!

Tammy

bfginc
6/18/2013

"I had an emergency. The radio would not turn off. Yes, I..."

I had an emergency. The radio would not turn off. Yes, I pushed the on/off button and had the motor shut off with keys in my hand. At 10 PM Joe Lunghamer said he would tow my 4 day old car in the morning and fix it. Sean Snyder service manager,his staff and Ted got the car to me in perfect working order. The sales process with Mike Porter, Gen Sales Mgr, Kim & Kurt was superb.

Mike Porter,Kurt,Kim,Sean Snyder,Ted & Joe Lunghamer