MINI of Portland

MINI Service Advisor

November 19, 2016

"*Public Interest Disclaimer*"

- Matt H.

*A MATTER OF PUBLIC INTEREST DISCLAIMER* Mini of Portland sells vehicles without disclosing major mechanical defects. Vehicles with major defects that very well can cause you and your family serious bodily harm. *You have been warned to avoid all Lithia Motors dealerships and especially Mini of Portland.* I will attach in my follow up all relevant hyperlinks to the ORS, OAR, U.C.C and FTC to show our laws and what you can do about untruthful companies who take advantage of consumers. I will also attach NHTSA/car complaint reports on 2015 Ford fusion as they are flat dangerous with whatever issues they have going on with their transmissions and I am not alone with that assessment. Especially after doing research about this car transmission issues and also when the car almost got myself in a few accidents.. Because the vehicle decided to downshift too many gears causing the whole car to shake and lurch to an almost complete stop from around 25 miles per hour. Motorist behind me wasn't to pleased about that and I got the lovely finger:) Thanks Mini of Portland. Or possibly when I was merging on a major highway and I stepped on the gas to get up to highway speed and nothing happened, the car would not downshift and give me any power to the wheels. I will follow up on this review, but I am in the process of filing massive complaints against this company for selling cars under warranty and without disclosing major mechanical defects. They cannot do that under consumer protection laws, as this car was not sold "As-Is" and is covered under warranty of merchantability, along with warranty for fitness of purpose and Magnuson Moss warranty act. I will be attaching my disgruntled emails that I sent Mini of Portland after the car was in and out of the manufacturer service department all of October getting work done that should have been done before the car was ever put on the lot. You're welcome Mr. Ruef that I took the time to do to your job for you and your service department. Mr. Ruef apparently became very defensive about my perception of Mini of Portland selling a car without disclosure of major mechanical defects to the buyer. Or.. Possibly my opinion about his professional certified mechanic's incompetency or that they pencil whipped the used car inspection. Heck, what is one to think when two non mechanics (wife and I) realized immediately after purchase, that this car has some major transmission problems. Yet, professional certified mechanics could not and put a BIG green check mark next to transmission stating that it is good to go. Do not ever be lulled in by warranties etc. I am irritated at myself as well, because I should of done what I usually do. Which is to get a private used car inspection performed and ignore all their promises that the car is good to go. I became complacent and for that I am pissed at myself, lesson learned... This goes to show you that it might look nice on the outside, but can be rotten to the core on the inside. Look at most of the reviews of this company and you will see that their service department gets a lot of negative reviews. I can see why and will promise my fellow Oregonians that I will stay on top of this untruthful company and will counter any responses from them. I will also try and follow up with a FTC and DOJ complaint against Lithia Motors franchise business practices, as Mini of Portland is one of their dealerships. A company which employs defensive unapologetic people like Mr. Ruef should also be looked into, to see if this is the company's M/O. By far, one of the worst General Manager I have ever ran into and what atrocious customer service Mr. Ruef exhibited. I think he forgets who the injured party is here, what a joke. I have asked these review sites to go through all the positive reviews of this company and get rid of any reviews that show the same IP address, as my opinion is that companies like this, tend to have family and employees post fake positive reviews. Stay tuned and look to other review sites along with me drafting an Op-Ed piece for the Oregonian about this company and companies in general that take advantage of trusting consumers, who rely on merchants being truthful and with values.

October 07, 2016

"Buying a used car"

- newhonda

We bought a used Honda from Mini of Portland and were extremely happy with their informative and friendly service. Pat Walker was awesome and would recommend him and DJ Gill to anyone.

September 23, 2016

"Mini Service"

- minihighstreet

Quick, efficient. Great communication throughout the day - had my car ready inside of 3 hours even though there were some unexpected repairs. Always a pleasant experience.

2016 MINI Cooper