Mahwah Ford

Makes: Ford|Service Center

Average

Mahwah Ford
Mahwah Ford Info

"We had a recurring problem with our older but low-mileage..."

We had a recurring problem with our older but low-mileage Ford Focus that several other dealerships could not resolve yet had no problem charging us. Bob's crew found it immediately and it turned out to be a low-cost fix. Thanks!

Bob

"Took my Explorer there for routine service, as the Ford..."

Took my Explorer there for routine service, as the Ford dealership I usually use had closed. I made an appointment for 8AM, as I had to go to work afterwards. Since I was concerned about getting to work on time, I asked about their loaner policy. I was then informed that the service would only take "a little while", so I was not eligible for one. Despite the fact that I had an appointment and got there early, they did did not take the car in until 11AM. Sure, the service was quick once they actually started working, but the fact that I sat there for three hours when I had an appointment was inexcusable. I had been thinking about purchasing my next car from them, but I would absolutely not go there again.

Not sure

"Very bad, stay away. Please. Don't get scammed. Gave a..."

Very bad, stay away. Please. Don't get scammed. Gave a cash offer, they took my card info and then waited almost 10 hours before telling me no! They are teamed up with the banks, want you to finance..... Rick sucks!

Rick

"We were there waiting to pick up our truck and we waited..."

We were there waiting to pick up our truck and we waited only to hear your next and to see new customers being helped before us. We finally lost our patience because we waited over an hour and said "bob we have to go" and he replied so leave! On top of it all he refused to give us our deposit back saying sue me! Don't waste your time..poor sales force..you are nothing but a piece of meat and they let you know!!!

bob

"In my opinion, you might as well have Rube Goldberg, or..."

In my opinion, you might as well have Rube Goldberg, or Jeb Clampert work on your car. my experience was finding an uncaring, inept, blase attitude, of a service department. My suggestion is if you buy a Ford (and I don't know why anyone would), find yourself a good gas station mechanic that can work on it.

Service Dept.

"I had a "check engine" light come on while..."

I had a "check engine" light come on while driving. I looked on the dealer locator and saw Mahwah was the closet dealer. I was pleased when a polite and pleasant young lady told me "sure, we can get it right in and look at it". About an hour later I get the word that I have a "lazy Oxygen sensor" which is consistent with what I thought. Then she tells me that I also need 8 plugs and boots and the transmission flushed. I started laughing. I told her that I wasn't laughing at her but that another NJ dealer had just done $2,454 worth of work on the F-150 which included the new plugs and transmission flush. I asked how the skilled technician made the determination that I needed (to the tune of $600) 8 new plugs and the transmission flush. The reply "we just tell folks that based on the mileage". Frankly, this hovers somewhere between incompetence and dishonesty. It's time to replace my vehicle and the funny thing is that I found an F-150 Lariat on the lot while I was there that I would have been interested in buying right out. After this experience I came home, wrote a nice letter to Ford and called the Mercedes dealer my wife uses and ordered a new E350 for her and I'm taking her "old" 2010. I'm done with Ford having had similar experiences in 3 dealers.

"I had the worst experience here. I was told one price and..."

I had the worst experience here. I was told one price and then a few days before I could pick up my car, because of a mistake that the finance manager made, he wanted to raise my payment. They were very difficult and unfriendly. The salesman I met with was also rude and very short with me on the phone. I would never recommend this dealer to anyone! Also, when I picked up the car finally, it was not even washed. There was crap all over the car.........I have never had such a bad experience. In the future I will never go back to Mahwah Ford and would never recommend them to anyone!

Mike Giordano & Bruce

"I took my 2011 Fusion for a 5000 mile service. I thought..."

I took my 2011 Fusion for a 5000 mile service. I thought the service was being performed by the dealer.Not so. They took the car to a quicklube place called Pot of Gold and they damaged my bumper.I take my cars to a dealership for a reason. If I have a problem I can take it up the chain of command to Mr.Ford himself.If I wanted to go to a quiklube that's what I would have done.Anyway,they fixed the bumper no charge but they will never see me again.One other thing. This dealer's lot is a minefield to negotiate. If you don't damage your car just driving into the lot you're lucky.Avoid this dealership service department.They will damage your car for a simple oil change.

bob deming

"I bought my ford explorer wich i paid over book value for..."

I bought my ford explorer wich i paid over book value for and in cash.(And yes cash in this econamy) and the car has electrical problems that when I open the door the lights go off and when I close the door they go on. after they said they did a full 5 star inspection on the car prior to me purchasing this car and that it is in perfact condition with no problems. I went in to get it fixed the next day. and they said that its my problem because i got a used car. and they refused to help me ever since I went in to try to get it fixed.

Eddie Bickel

"Outstanding service from this department. I have been a..."

Outstanding service from this department. I have been a customer for many years. Thank you for getting me fixed so fast before the holiday. Merry Christmas to all the staff and best wishes. Oh, and now I am continuing to write because the tab to click for this review indicated that it is too short. Now I think I have got it. Best wishes to the staff at Mahwah Ford. Merry Christmas

Bill Capone