Mancari's Chrysler Dodge Jeep - Service Center

4630 W. 95th St., Oak Lawn, IL 60453

7 Lifetime Reviews for this Service CenterWrite a Review

• Pricing:

Is this your Service Center?
Learn about our Certified Service Center Program and claim this page
See Sales Reviews For This Dealership
"Great place to buy a long lasting vehicle excellent service"

2002SLPSS
4/17/2014 12:39:20 AM

Xpress LubeXpress Lube
Leonard MancariLeonard Mancari
Chris MancariChris Mancari

My Review Of Mancari's Chrysler Dodge Jeep:

We bought a new Jeep Liberty Ricky Mountain Edition in 2009, it is a 4WD, with options vehicle. We have now 61,000 miles with absolutely NO problems, we take our Jeep for service,so far just maintenance and a new battery to Mancaris service department. The vehicle is always,clean,the service writers are great, very efficient technicians, Len and Chris Mancari always around to say hello,and ask about your vehicle and more importantly about how your family is doing. this dealership is great,they really realize that customer service is #1 priority. My daughter is a school teacher and with the severe winter we had,her Jeep never got stuck and never failed to start and get her to school to educate the high school students. Years ago American cars were unreliable,with the new Jeeps it is all changed, look at the safety ratings Jeep stands alone. If you want an honest deal,and great service go to Mancaris you will not be disappointed!

Twitter
"Want to be treated like extended family? The good old..."

bryankerwin
3/20/2014 6:22:38 PM

Ernie HernandezErnie Hernandez
Leonard MancariLeonard Mancari

My Review Of Mancari's Chrysler Dodge Jeep:

Want to be treated like extended family? The good old days of customer service are alive and well in this humble shop on 95th Street. While many dealerships moved out of the area to Orland, Mancari's has stayed true to the neighborhood and close to their loyal customers.

I bought two new cars here and both experiences were consistent. Ed and Ernie in Sales helped me find the right vehicle, answered all my questions then worked a good price for the new car and trade. Leonard Mancari found me a great financing rate, then personally moved my items from the trade to the new vehicle. On the second trade I had a big bag of mints in the trunk of my trade-in that I left with Leonard - 3 years later he calls me "the mint man" when I visit while the car is serviced. "Bring more mints" is the only high pressure tactic I've experienced here

The folks in the service department are true professionals - they keep you informed, answer all of your questions and treat you like you just spent $50K in the front building. My car is always returned clean and fixed. I'm sure everyone has their favorites, mine is Terry, but all the Service Writers work together - I have never had a bad experience My most recent experience involved servicing both vehicles - the experience was consistent with all the others - outstanding.

Twitter
"I chose this service center because of the available..."

bonnsha
2/17/2014 6:03:12 PM

1.8

My Review Of Mancari's Chrysler Dodge Jeep:

I chose this service center because of the available hours. The problem I had when I went in was a snapped hood cable and the car was not putting out a lot of heat. I had to pre pay for the parts to fix the hood. I thought that was odd considering being able to open the hood in the severe cold and salting was paramount. Since I had to open the hood to put in washer fluid, I considered that repair at this time of year pretty important. I advanced paid for the parts anyway. The hood latch and cable was fixed but I soon found out that would be the least of my worries. When they tested the heat it was tested in a controlled, warm environment. Of course you will get the heat to warm up in a climate controlled environment. Its the same thing that if you check the air conditioning this time of year...... guess what, YOU WILL GET COLD AIR. When I picked up my car, of course the hood latch was fine but after driving the car for more than 15 minutes....Guess what. NO HEAT. I turned the car around and went back to the dealership. They told me one of several things could have been worng. Although the car had a brand new thermostat on it they suggested that it be changed. I was against that. That was a $238.00 repair. I left the car and gave very specific instructions as to what to do. Since they had the car for almost a week, I told them first of all not to leave the car in gear because it was a stick and I have a remote start. That wasnt followed cause when I got in my car and started it, guess what... IT LUNGED FORWARD. Luckily no one was standing in front of the car when it was started, but they could have accidently hit the remote start button at any time and the car would have moved. I also gave instructions to start the car after it had sat for a day or two. SInce they had the car for an extended length of time the dealership had plenty of time to do it. Had they done that they would have noticed that in the below zero weather the car had NO HEAT. I drove the car around for about 45 minutes to see if it would warm up. The car reached operating temperature but guess what.......STILL NO HEAT. I called the dealership and informed them of that. Being very very upset at this point and out of almost $600.00 at this point I took the car home. A few days later Someone named Bobby called me and wanted to know how the service was. I missed the call and called him back. I left a message indicating that I still had no heat and that he needed to call me so that we can discuss. Of course the message was conveniently lost. GO FIGURE!. I then called him back more than a week later and guess what he did. He tried to sell me a new car. Now I was truly upset. As of the writing of this letter I STILL HAVE NO HEAT IN MY CAR. If you hadn't noticed, it has been very cold in the metropolitan Chicagoland area. To say the least, I am very disgusted at this dealership and would not recommend them to anyone. There are other more caring dealerships around and when you give specific instructions, they are followed. LIke I said, had they followed my original instructions I would not be writing this bad review for the dealership. Bottom line, We count on the service team to accurately diagnose our car's problems and we cannot be continually hosed for them 'guessing' at what needs to be done. I will directly compare that to the doctor 'guessing' what is wrong with you when you pay him good money to diagnose your problems. If the doctor diagnosisis wrong, you could possibly die. When the service team diagnoses your cor problems wrong and you pay for a repair that was not needed, both you and your pocket gets very upset, let alone very empty quickly. The dealer has done absolutely NOTHING to rectify the situation. Bottom line, if this dealership wanted a good recommendation, I could not and would not give it. I would tell them that you are better off anywhere else except for Mancari's And if i were ever in the market for a new car, it certainly would not be Mancari Chrylser or any other mancari affiliation.

Added: 2/18/2014 11:18:43 AM

Our efforts are to make every customer contact with Mancaris a positive expperience. It appears your vehicle was not fixed properly on your visit. We will make every effort to reconcile this problem. I need your name and contact phone number so that we can pull the service records on your vehicle. We cannot determine who your are from the review information. My name is Ed Tapper and I am the business manager and I will personally assist you with getting your vehicle properly repaired. Please call me at 708-473-2014 or email me your contact infomation. My email is edtapper3@gmail.com. We will address these issues immediately once I have your information.

Response From: bonnsha
Added: 2/21/2014 4:41:13 PM

Its really amazing how suck a generic message can be sent out concerning a bad experience. This Tapper guy should have the intelligence and the drive to go back to his service department and see who came in with heater problems around the time indicated. There was enough information contained in this letter to narrow the scope down immensely. Mr Tapper, you need to take the initiative to research these problems yourself and come up with a resolution. Apparently the customer has tried to get the problems rectified with no avail. WHen they put the ball in your court, you need to take it from there. Do not request that the customer re-hash the entire situation all over again just to please you. DO YOUR JOB!!

Added: 2/22/2014 11:55:25 AM

Our response was not generic. This is Ed Tapper, Business Manager, and it is very important to Mancaris to assist you with your service issues. . In order to assist you I have to simply know your name and contact phone number. Or you can call me at 708-473-2014. We want to assist you but we have to identify who you are and we have been unable to do that with the information provided. Calling me is simple, so please call and we will address your service issues right away.

Added: 2/25/2014 8:51:16 AM

This is Ed Tapper, Business Manager, and it is very important to Mancaris to assist you with your service issues. . We have 60 customers per day in our Service Department and we have been unable to identify who you are by your description of the problem. You must can call me at 708-473-2014 in order for me to reconcile your veicle service issues for you.

Twitter
"The dealership fixed a noise I was hearing on my Jeep and..."

law13
12/20/2013 8:17:39 PM

My Review Of Mancari's Chrysler Dodge Jeep:

The dealership fixed a noise I was hearing on my Jeep and provided a rental car while the work was being completed. My car was returned clean after service.Thank you.

Added: 12/21/2013 8:46:25 AM

Your experience is unacceptable. The process here should have been to make sure you understood the repairs and to make sure that you get what you were promised (oil changes). We do not normally wash cars in service. We do not have a car wash facility and most high traffic service departments like ours do not have car wash service. But once again, this should and could have been explained to you and there would be no miscommunication. The plastiic covers on the seat should have been removeed when they brought you the car. We need to set up a priority visit for you. We will relook at the noise problem and make sure it is fixed properly. We will clean your car for you as a courtesy. Thanks again for your continued business. We need to make sure every customer is 100% satisfied. Please call Ed Tapper sat 708-473-2014 to set up a time to bring your car back by. I cannot identify who you are from the review (law13) so I need you to call me so I can look up your car and name in our system

Added: 1/3/2014 3:55:01 PM

Please call Ed Tapper, Business Manager, at 708-473-2014 so that I can accomodate you for your bad service experience at Mancaris

I can only assist you and reconcile the matter properly if you call me.

Our intentions are to make sure that ALL your contacts with the dealership are POSITIVE exoeriences

Thanks

Ed Tapper

Twitter
"SERVICE ADVISER NEEDS CUSTOMER SERVICE LESSONS I walked..."

howardshoudis
3/14/2013 1:33:50 PM

Terry - Service advisor

1.8

My Review Of Mancari's Chrysler Dodge Jeep:

SERVICE ADVISER NEEDS CUSTOMER SERVICE LESSONS I walked in their service area door at 6:05 for a 6:15 appointment. After finding a body walking around that worked there I asked if they were open. He said yes they were and someone should be out to see me. The service adviser Terry who finally made an appearance did not want to be there it seemed to me. I had set an appointment for a transmission fluid and filter change 3 days earlier at 6:15 since they could not give me an appointment any earlier. I let them know I would be waiting for the car when I came in with it. When I came in with it, I again made sure the service adviser Terry knew I would be waiting. He wrote up my service ticket and He pointed out where I was to wait since it was my first time there. After about an hour and a half I came out to see what was happening since two people came and left that came in like 45 minutes after I got there. The service adviser Terry, told me he had to wait for the paper work from the tech that was working on the car. I stood there for over 20 minutes waiting while the tech made no effort to bring up the paper work but was the closest station to the front desk. When the tech finally brought up the paper work he asked the service adviser why he didn't mark the paperwork as WAITING. He seemed embarrassed at the situation. Terry's response in front of me was "Oh, My Bad" and handed the paper work to me then showed me when to go and pay for it. I would never go back there nor would I recommend that people bring their car there for any relationship to them.

Added: 3/15/2013 8:35:58 AM

Our efforts are at Mancaris are always to exceed a customers expectations. In this case we may have fallen a short. Transmission service (including processing the paperwork) usually takes 60-90 minutes. In this case your car was serviced door to door in about 2 hours. In this day and age it is important to be considerate of a customers time. We could have sped up the process a little here and I believe that is your main complaint. We have addressed the matter with the Service Manager and the service tech involved. To accomodate you for the inconvenience you experienced we will give you a free oil and filter change on your next visit (worth about $33). And we will definitely make your next visit a perfect experience. Contact Ed Tapper at 708-473-2014 to set up your next service visit and to receive your free oil change coupon. I am hoping you see that we want to go forward in making all your contacts with Mancaris a great experience.

Twitter
"On May 30th, we had our Jeep Compass towed to Mancari..."

furiostegui
6/8/2011 11:35:10 PM

Terry
John
Tony

My Review Of Mancari's Chrysler Dodge Jeep:

On May 30th, we had our Jeep Compass towed to Mancari Jeep because it would not start. We were glad that on Memorial Day, they were able to accept our vehicle as a tow-in. The cashier (lady at the service window) was very nice and explained that we would be called the following day at 9 a.m. with the status of the vehicle. On the envelope where I placed the keys, I indicated that it might be the alternator, as an educated guess. The following day, I called around 11 a.m. to check on the status as I had not received a call. I spoke with Terry who stated he has not yet looked at our truck and said he would call when he "gets to it." I told my wife and we figured Monday was a holiday. On Wednesday, June 1st I called again around the same time and Terry again said they had still not looked at it yet. At this point, they have had the vehicle since Monday evening and it is now Wednesday. Since my wife is the primary driver of the vehicle, she decided to call herself because she uses the truck as part of her work (she is a college advisor and needs to drive to various schools very frequently every semester). When she called, she was also transferred to Terry in the Service Department. He also told her he had not yet looked at it (she called later in the day on June 1st). She asked him for an estimate of time, a ball-park date just to give her employer since she was without vehicle and he responded by saying he "had no idea." She indicated to me she was rushed off the phone. At this point we became extremely disappointed because (1) we do not know when they will just take a look at it and (2) once they get to look at it, how long it will take to actually get repaired. My wife submitted a negative service review here (which has not yet posted) and also sent a message to the manager via the Mancari website. That same evening, Terry calls and tells me he looked at our truck and was beginning to run some diagnostic tests and would call back in the morning to let me know what the actual diagnostics is but wanted to run several tests. The next day around 10 am Terry called and said it was a bad fuel pump and wanted authorization to proceed with repairs. After speaking with my wife I called him back giving him authorization and requested to know what the cost would be. He said we would be getting a discount for the inconvenience of taking so long and would have our vehicle ready this same day in the afternoon. I told my wife and we were glad it was finally repaired. When we arrived at Mancari, it was later in the evening (due to our work schedules) and our truck was ready. A Mancari driver pulled the truck out and handed us the keys after we paid. Our total was $614.72 and we still do not know if the discount was applied though we noted an "insurance" deduction for around $58.00. I assume this was the discount as we do not have warranty or repair insurance. At this point we are just glad to get our truck. However, once we get in the vehicle, there is a noise coming from the engine that we had never heard before. My wife asks the Mancari driver that had pulled our truck out for us if he had heard it and he said we would need to talk to the Service department. He guides me to pull into the service garage and my wife and I explain to a mechanic (Tony) there that there is a noise coming from the engine. He opens the hood of the truck with the truck running and listens to the noise. We jumped in the truck and did a test drive around the dealership. We heard the noise and went back into the garage and he opened up the hood again, found the problem and removed the engine cover. He saw that the top right hand corner of the engine cover was rubbing up against the pipeline running to the AC and once he moved that aside we did another test drive without the engine cover. We did not hear the noise when we came back. He concluded that it was pipeline running to the AC that was clinking against the engine cover. He manually moved the tube aside and put the engine cover back. After this we drove home and thought all was well. The following Tuesday, June 7th, my wife is driving to work finally using the truck again. As she is driving, she calls me and tells me she smells gas. We left the house in the morning with a half tank of gas and after she dropped me off at the train station, she continued the rest of her way to work and arrived to her job with NO gas and the gas light on. She calls me and I tell her to call the dealer so she can explain what she sees. During her lunch she goes to check on the truck and tells me there is a puddle of gas underneath the truck (she took photos). She then contacts Mancari and speaks with Terry. He tells her to bring it in that same day and she asks him if she should have it towed in or if she is safe to drive it. He tells her it is safe to drive it and tells her to just add a gas to make it (from River Forest to Oak Lawn). She tells her boss and leaves work at 1 p.m. As she is on her way, the truck dies on her because all of the fuel has now emptied out. I leave my work to go help her. Luckily, she had just made it to the gas station on Chicago and Harlem. Nice people there help her push it to the pump. She puts in $ 13.13 in gas and continues on her way. As she is driving, she notices she is losing gas fast and stops on Cermak to add more gas, this time adding more hoping this would be enough ($20.03). She calls me and lets me know. She drives and as she reaches the Midway area, she needs to add gas again because it is almost gone again ($15.00). Finally, she arrives at the dealership and by this time, it has been over an hour of her being exposed to the strong fumes of gasoline and she is running on empty again. She arrives at Mancari's and is told by bystander salespeople, that the truck smells like gas and they proceed to move a car that was in front of her, out of her way stating that it is a hazard. She gets very startled as she had been driving in back-to back traffic and is guided to drive into the service garage. Terry is there and takes her keys and has her wait in the waiting area. She is not there long when they call her that it is ready. Instead of an apology, the mechanic proceeds to ask her who else worked on the truck. She responds that no one else had worked on the truck and he asks her again, who else worked on the vehicle. He asks her several times even though she responds that only they have been under the hood. He proceeds to say that that was not how they had left the engine. He also tells her that she should have never driven because it was dangerous and could have caused a fire. She was shaking and crying and told him that she only drove because he said it was safe. Otherwise, she would have towed it in. Another mechanic stepped up and asked Terry that they should at leave give us a free oil change for our distress. Terry wrote out "free oil change and filter" on his business card but was non-apologetic. The other mechanic, John seemed concerned and led my wife outside and asked her also, if anyone else had touched the engine. She proceeded to tell him that yes, when we picked up the truck, there was a noise and a mechanic took a look at it. He asked my wife what exactly did he do under the hood. I answered his question as I arrived and told him exactly what he did (that mechanic's name was Tony). John then realized that the fuel line to our engine was cut because the engine cover was not placed correctly after Tony fixed the noise issue when we initially picked up our truck. The engine cover caused the clamp to get removed and all of our gas to spill all over our engine and out of the truck. A mistake like this caused all of this stress and dangerous situation. My wife and I were being blamed and yet, Terry never apologized. I was being blamed. I hope John explained to Terry what he discovered really happened. John explained that he would keep our engine cover for a few days to let it air out and asked us to return for the free oil change and we could then pick up our engine cover. This all happened yesterday, June 7th. Our truck smells absolutely awful, and with this Chicago heat, we cannot use our AC because it smells even more of gasoline. This is a strong carcinogen. How can they make all these mistakes, provide awful service from the beginning, try to intimidate my wife and then just offer a free oil change for their mistake? True customer service would recognize the dangerous error, offered to compensate the lost gas that was initially drained (half a tank), plus the new gas that was put in to make it there at their recommendation, and the gas that we had to add once we drove off their dealership ($55.00) plus for our lost work time and dangerous situation they put my wife in as well as nearby vehicles on the road. Instead, they make her feel like she is not welcomed, and blamed for the issue of the vehicle and for driving it though she specifically called to ask if it should be towed or if it could be driven over! I am soooo appalled, disappointed and disgusted and I truly hope no one else is put in this situation ever. I don't know how many days we will have to drive our truck inhaling this gasoline. A customer service person named Amber, called my wife yesterday evening to see how the service was. My wife gave her every detail of our terrible experience and Amber was sympathetic and apologized for what happened. Yet, no offer to compensate for our loss occurred nor have we received a follow up call from a Mancari manager to make things right.

Added: 6/9/2011 8:51:31 AM

◦My Dealership participates in the DealerRater.com Certified Dealer Program. We are committed to providing high quality customer service, but based on your DealerRater.com review, you did not share that experience. That is very disappointing to us, and through this program we have the opportunity to work with you to resolve any issues with your experience at their dealership.
Contact Joe Lapiana at 708-423-0910 x 110 and I will resolve your issues for you

Twitter
"I did not have a good experience with Mancari's service..."

nraygo1
6/1/2011 3:13:51 PM

Terry

My Review Of Mancari's Chrysler Dodge Jeep:

I did not have a good experience with Mancari's service department. My vehicle was towed in, and I was informed that I would be given a call the following day at a specific time just for follow up. I did not receive the call and I decided to call myself. I was told my vehicle had not been looked at yet and to call again later. I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and did not call until the next day. Now my vehicle had been there three days. Well, the customer service operator transfered me to my "advisor" Terry, and I simply asked if my vehicle had been looked at at least for the diagnostics portion of it to know what is wrong, and he rudely responded that he had a lot of cars and had not yet looked at mine. I asked him if he could give me a general idea of when he would at least look at it and he said he could not. I explained that I use it for work purposes and needed to have an idea to give to my employer so that I can decide if I need a rental car. He said he could not tell me when he will get to look at it. If this is how long it takes just to look at it, I am worried how long it will take to repair it. He was not customer service oriented at all and I felt he just wanted to get off the phone. I am very disappointed. I hope I can find another available dealership that services Jeep to take it there instead.

Added: 6/9/2011 8:50:55 AM

Contact Joe Lapiana at 708-423-0910 x 110 and I will resolv ethis issue for you ASAP

Mancari's Chrysler Dodge Jeep - Service Center