McCarthy Nissan

David Tolbert, Managing Partner, McCarthy Nissan

David Tolbert

Managing Partner

November 06, 2016

"McCarthy Nissan Negative Experience"

- pds104

I recently purchased a Nissan Juke, used, 2013 from McCarthy. When I came there, they scheduled us at 6:30. They were very rushed when we came in and put us with a newer employee who did not know whether or not the car was certified and the car did not come with a user manual. When I spoke with Jesse originally over the phone I indicated that the car had to be certified or I wouldn't even look at it. I get there, and they told me that I could pay to have it certified. Thankfully that was included with the cost of the car after negotiation (but this should have been an upfront part of the purchase). When we found out the car came without a user manual, we asked what happened to it and if we could get it he said, "Sure, no problem." Almost two months later the only thing we received was a 2011 version of the user manual. Later the sales manager told me they would have to wait until another 2013 Juke came in before they could get me an updated version. We were rushed through that night and I have never heard from the salesperson again since the purchase. I was pushed between three different people who worked there and it felt as though none of them talked to each other about our purchase or knew what the other had indicated they would do for us. I felt like they wanted us to get in and out of there. They told us we would be getting all kinds of documents, which we never received. Then when I called to get those documents they told me we had already received them. The financing deal was totally different than what was explained to us as well. We still haven't gotten anything except for a letter from the bank and a copy of the financial application. When I called the first time I spoke with a sales manager and he indicated to me that he had a lot of people on the floor so he would get back to me. Charles from Public Relations called me about my experience. I called him back and listed out some issues I was having. He apologized and told me he would get back to me and he also indicated that he would send me a gas card for my troubles. Later I talked with public relations about my experience and they told me they would be giving me a gas card for the experience I had, I never received it. I have tried to contact Charles a few times since, and I haven't heard from him. I was really frustrated and disappointed with this purchase which was a HUGE expense. I wish I would have never made the purchase at times because I felt like my experience was very negative. I had even recommended a friend to come here originally because I liked the car so much, but I just don't feel like I can do that after the experience I have had after the purchase. That all to say, I really hope others had a better experience and I would like to suggest that the sales person and sales manager and financial person all work together and tell the customer exactly what paperwork they will be receiving. Also, please please don't commit to giving us things we won't be receiving-that is so frustrating. I would love to be able to change my experience here somehow.

October 15, 2016

"Great experience"

- John

Great experience at McCarthy. It started with Jesse and continued all the way through Chad. Great job guys and I would highly recommend the team at McCarthy

October 12, 2016

"McCarthy with James Studna is a great place to buy"

- KLYNCH27

We purchased a 2016 Murano from James Studna at McCarthy. It was the best vehicle purchase experience we have ever had and I have purchased over 20 new cars and trucks in my life. James Studna's product knowledge and customer care are tremendous. James Studna and the entire team at McCarthy made the new car purchasing experience enjoyable and without stress. I felt they were sharing knowledge, experience and automotive advice rather than pushing for a sale. This is our 3rd purchase from the McCarthy group but our first Nissan The Murano is a great vehicle as well. We had driven a new Lincoln MKX right before the Murano. We felt the Murano rode better, was more solid and we liked the Murano's interior better all for about 15 grand less.

New 2016 Nissan Frontier, $36150