McGrath Nissan

McGrath Nissan
McGrath Nissan Info
About McGrath Nissan

About McGrath Nissan

"My experince at this nissan dealer was bad I bought a..."

My experince at this nissan dealer was bad I bought a 2010 Nissan maxima months later not even a year my front bumper paint starter cracking I called the dealer talked too Kathy comer explained her my situation she said take it in for pictures see what we can do took it in she took pictures and said will call you or come next week I did go. got out of work early too go to the Nissan dealer when I got there she told me Kane meland was in a meeting that he couldn't help me so she said come back next week so I lost 2 hours of work too go to this dealer and I went the following week she gave me the run around for 3 weeks almost till fourth week I could talk too Kane he said he couldn't do nothing for me I'ma end up paying 26 thousand for a maxima that has a bumper messed up cracked paint I was really disappointed too sell cars yea there right there but too get service very bad. I don't recommend NOBODY to car shop in here would never buy a car here ever again

January 15, 2014

I am sorry that our client experienced this problem after more than a year of ownership with his used 2010 Maxima. We did look at the history of the vehicle and neither the vehicle history report, nor our records show any kind of bumper repair with the previous customer. We did offer to remove the bumper from the car, re-prime and re-paint the surface, and re-install it at our cost of $200.00. We would also provide the customer with the use of a rental car at no charge while we completed the repair. The client decided not to accept the offer. We are sorry for the inconvenience

"I recently purchased a brand new 2013 Nissan Juke from..."

I recently purchased a brand new 2013 Nissan Juke from this dealership. My salesman was super nice and not pushy like most, which i really appreciated since it was my first time purchasing a brand new car. He answered all my questions and let us test drive and check out whatever car I wanted. After finally finding the color and options I wanted, we found a match and started the paperwork. I got a pretty good deal and am happy with my new car. On the negative side, the car had two very decent scratches on and it was brand new, so now I have to make an appointment and give back my car to the dealership so they can fix it, (free of charge) but still very inconvenient since I had literally just purchased the car and wont even have it a week before I have to bring it back for service on the body. The porters did a very bad job at cleaning up the car for me, there was still dust and finger marks and smudges all over the car. And the fuse to activate all my electric features was never pulled to activate it, so it was confusing at first when i could unlock or lock my car with the remote, etc. So we had to go back and ask them to do that as well because they forgot to. So overall my salesman experience was great and friendly, but the overall service for my car when it was presented to me after purchasing it was horrible. I will be contacting the dealership, upon going in to service the body work for the scratches. Hopefully for all my inconveniences they can extend my xm radio for a year or something, cause this wasn't how I wanted my first car buying experience to go.

Eddie Ortiz

August 28, 2013

Thank you for the kind words about your salesperson. Whether it's your first time buying a car or more, it's no excuse allowing the car to leave this dealership less than you expected. I look forward to you returning, putting you in a loaner car, repairing the paint surface and detail the vehicle to your complete satisfaction. I am very sorry for the inconvenience and I can assure you it will be handled in a timely and professional manner. Scott McGrath, McGrath Nissan

"This has been my second experience with McGrath and they..."

This has been my second experience with McGrath and they have exceeded my expectations!!! I think it's wonderful that Rueben offered to lift the car right away to see what was going on with it. Although I couldn't stay to do that he called within an hour of me leaving and let me know what was going on with the car and how much I was looking at for repairs. He said that he would need to order the parts and I can come pick up the car and drive it until the parts came in or I could choose to get a rental but the choice was all mine. I also think it's great that the service department went above and beyond and did a quick fix of the muffler so when I do drive it the next few days it is not as loud. I live right done the road from another Nissan dealership and their customer service is so poor, I think the employees from that dealership should experience the quality customer service McGrath has shown me!!!

"Very helpful friendly service Tony went above &..."

Very helpful friendly service Tony went above & beyond to help make my car buying experience as easy & simple as possible in and out quick easy

Tony Bochenek

"I arrived at the dealership to get an oil change on my..."

I arrived at the dealership to get an oil change on my 2008 Nissan versa. There was an awful noise coming from the engine so I brought in my car for an oil change and service. While I was waiting I was looking at the new cars when Fareed greeted me, he looked as if he had just arrived to work still with his coat on. He asked me if he could help me out and I asked him about the trade in program for new cars. He was more than helpful, he took the time to go over the program and checked on my credit and we both decided that my best choice would be to buy a new car. He was excellent!

Fareed Niroumandpour

"I stopped at McGrath Nissan on March 9, 2013. Tony..."

I stopped at McGrath Nissan on March 9, 2013. Tony Bonchenek was very courteous and helpful in my search for a car. Although I arrived to McGrath Nissan just before closing on Saturday night, Tony was very patient during the entire buying process, and at no time did I feel pressured or rushed into buying anything. He was very pleasant and knowledgeable during the test drive. Tony and the dealership were very understanding of my financial requirements and worked with me to finance my 2012 Sentra.

Tony Bochenek

"My experience with the Nissan dealership was the best..."

My experience with the Nissan dealership was the best experience I've had ever with a car lot. Although I came in with one car in mind, and was not approved, the salesmen didn't stop there. They found another solution, which turned out to be the better solution for me. I would definitely recommend the McGrath Nissan dealership to all looking to purchase a vehicle.

"Went from an entry level Altima to a fully loaded Maxima..."

Went from an entry level Altima to a fully loaded Maxima and the payments are not through the roof. Everyone that has seen the car is now jealous.

"Ryan Petrulakis (the sales representative) and I agreed..."

Ryan Petrulakis (the sales representative) and I agreed to an overall "deal" which included my trade in and a dollar amount that I agreed to pay in addition to the trade in for a 2013 Altima. This was done through a couple of phone conversations and emails. I drove to the dealership from Wisconsin (about 2 hours) after work only to find out that they would not honor the agreed upon price (it was several hundred dollars more). Ryan said it was contingent upon my trade in being in the condition I stated over the phone. There was no mention of there being any problem with the trade in. The sales manager, Keith Kowalczyk, did not back the agreed upon price either, saying "we already have too much invested in your trade," and "the Illinois documentation fee is part of every deal." He was very rude and pressuring. Before Ryan agreed to my offer saying "we've got a deal," I specifically said that the amount I would add to the trade in would include everything except sales tax (which I would pay upon returning to Wisconsin). There was an additional $164 documentation fee, and a $10 fee for the drive away sticker/tag. Ryan did not mention either of these fees during our negotiations. I specifically told Ryan that any additional fees were to be included as part of the money I would add to the deal on top of the trade in. In addition, I had arranged to pay the sales tax with the Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicles after purchasing the vehicle. The dealership collected sales tax (based on the Wisconsin rate) in advance and the finance person, Dan, who did the paperwork with me said they would mail a check to me by the beginning of the next week to reimburse me for these taxes so I could them pay the state of Wisconsin. He lied, and it took 5 weeks for the check to finally get sent to me. In addition, 3 of the accessories for the vehicle that Ryan and I agreed would be included were not available and ready at the time of delivery. I had to pressure Keith Kowalczyk to put the mud guards on. He tried to pressure me into having him order them and then come back to have them installed (again, it's a 2 hour drive from my home). He also offered to mail them to me, but I would then have to pay the local dealer to install them. Ryan and I also agreed on touch up paint and a cargo net as part of the deal, which he forgot about. It took several emails and phone calls to get them delivered to my home, which was 5 weeks later. I have purchased 7 new vehicles in the past 20 years, from several other dealers, and have never had such a negative, unethical experience.

April 10, 2013

I am sorry that this client feels the way that they do. The specific accessories were very small items, a tube of touch up paint, a small trunk net and the splash guards for the vehicle. We explained that Nissan had the splash guards on back order, however we were able to bring in a vehicle that matched and removed the splash guards from that vehicle and install them on there new car. Documentation fee are charged on every vehicle and I needed to issue a $10 Illinois drive away to get the client home because he didn't have Wisconsin license plates. As to the Taxes being paid, I am sorry for the confusion. We explained that we would collect and pay the taxes, however the client went to the DMV in Wisconsin immediately and payed them to process the license plates. At that time we needed to verify the payment so we could reimburse him. I am sorry that it took to long. I do hope the client enjoys the new Altima and as always, if there is anything that I can do to assist in the future please don't hesitate to contact me. Scott McGrath McGrath Nissan

"My last four cars have been purchased from McGrath. I..."

My last four cars have been purchased from McGrath. I have always been treated with professionalism, respect and in a caring way in all interactions with the Elgin McGrath staff. I am 100% satisfied with the service I receive as a customer and highly recommend this dealership.

Dan Mason - Finance Manager