McKenney Salinas Honda

McKenney Salinas Honda

Call
McKenney Salinas Honda Info
About McKenney Salinas Honda

McKenney Salinas Honda Mitsubishi has been a family-owned and operated dealership for over 25 years with owner, Sal Salinas, on-site. McKenney Salinas Honda specializes in new Honda, Certified Pre-Owned Honda and all other pre-owned vehicle sales. We have a strong and committed sales staff with many years of experience satisfying our customers' needs in Gaston County. McKenney Salinas Honda also has an award-winning service and parts department, dedicated to excellence in customer satisfaction. Located in Gastonia, North Carolina. We will help you find the right vehicle for your needs. Feel free to browse our inventory online, request more information about our new and preowned vehicles, set up a test drive or inquire about our auto financing options. Whether you are looking for a new Honda or Mitsubishi or a preowned vehicle, McKenney Salinas Honda is here to help.

About McKenney Salinas Honda Learn More

• iPad's

"Two thumbs up for T. Anderson and McKenney-Salinas Honda"

My husband and I recently drove into the dealership to inquire about turning in our leased cars (one of which had mile overage). We experienced excellent customer service and Honda staff who genuinely wanted to see us satisfied. We left the lot with two new leased cars that we love (Civic '14 and Fit '15). Ted Anderson, our salesman, was very thorough in helping us transition into the new leases and was an "out of the box" thinker in ensuring our budgeting needs would be met. I highly recommend this dealership and Ted!

"Buying 2015 Odyssey with Jasper Powe"

We recently purchased a 2015 Odyssey from McKenney Salinas and had the pleasure a working with Jasper Powe. The dealership did not have the exact vehicle on the lot when we went there to look. Jasper along with Bobby Ford and Roger Hoyle worked very hard to locate and get exactly what we were looking for in a timely manner. They were friendly and professional and unlike a lot of car buying experiences the process was quick. We got our bottom line price without the game playing and pressure that we have experienced in past car shopping. After the sale Jasper made sure we were comfortable with working all of the features of the car with great patience and knowledge. I would definitely recommend asking for him. Thanks Jasper, we love our new Odyssey for our grandchildren to ride in!

"Becareful what you buy from them"

on 10/02/2014 I purchased a 2004 Honda civic I expect with a used car that at some point repairs will have to be made but i didn't expect to get it home and find problems the next day. when i let off the gas the car jerks and pulls, when starting from a stopped position it feels like its out of gear and struggles to get moving. If i was aware of these problems before hand i would not have wasted my money on this car and yes i did ask if there were any problems with the car that i should know about before i bought it i was told there were no problems with the vehicle. i feel like i was lied to i am very disappointed and will never give these crooks another dime.

"What an AWESOME place to buy a car!!"

Upon visiting McKenney Salinas Honda in Gastonia, we purchased a 2014 Honda Accord Sport. This was absolutely the best car buying experience EVER! This facility was the cleanest I have ever been to. The employees were the up most respectful, and friendly! This did not feel like a typical car buying experience, this was like meeting new friends and taking a new car home. I cannot stress enough how happy we are that we chose McKenney Salinas Honda in Gastonia. Will ONLY do business with them in the future and refer ALL friends and family here. Frank Justice and Jasper Powe are the most awesome salesman. But EVERYONE (Angela Thels, Roger Hoyle) there is awesome! They take the time to make sure you know they care about every concern. Cannot give this place a high enough rate.

Frank Justice, Jasper Powe

"Mixed product experience, but overall great people!"

I'm a firm believer in rewarding hard work, especially when it comes to helping the vitality of a business through word-of-mouth advertising and customer testimonies. McKinney-Salinas Honda has had a lot of that same feedback over the years, as is evident from their excellent rating here on Dealer Rater. Now, I can see why! They have a relatively low-volume sales department, so in order for the business to thrive, they have to develop a top-notch service department, while fostering repeat sales and referrals from excellent customer service on behalf of their salesmen. At the end of the day, they do just that! Fantastic people. I recently purchased a new 2014 Accord Sport through them, and have had a poor experience with the product received, but an overall great experience with the service and sales staff. Originally, I was planning on buying a new-er used car (3 to 4 years old), and that's what initially attracted me to their dealership. Being a local Gastonian, I wanted to support a local business if they could match the prices I had been getting from other Charlotte area dealerships. I found a lightly used 2014 Accord Sport which fit my needs perfectly. Unfortunately, they couldn't come down on the price at all, However, they were able to offer me a lower price on a nearly identical new car! Sometimes year-end clearances are advantageous in that respect. Not being a high-volume dealer, I wasn't able to get them to match the prices I had been offered in Charlotte, but the fact that they were local and had invested time in me as a customer made it worthwhile. One thing that set them apart from some of the 8 or so dealerships I've worked with over the last month, was the sales manager's (Roger Hoyle) willingness to deal directly and transparently with me as a customer, instead of sending a salesman back and forth to negotiate pricing. Being able to judge his character, and his reactions during the sales process was a key element in sealing the deal for me. I felt that the deal was thoroughly explained, and that I was valued as a customer. The new car I was considering had a few on-the-lot issues with the paint, and a problem with the door closing completely. As a mechanic and engineer, I knew that the door closure issue alone, while not too uncommon, could indicate that further hidden problems existed with the car. If a shift at the Marysville, Ohio manufacturing plant was underperforming for one reason or another, issues could easily make it past quality control that would turn the car into a money pit after the warranty expires. The staff was tolerant and accommodating with my request to do a thorough inspection of the automobile, and to compare certain potential problem areas against another. I bought the car late that evening, contingent on the door being properly repaired quickly, and the staff was happy to stay past closing hours on a Friday (I would imagine some dealerships could get grumpy about it, even if they did make a sale). The finance manager, Angela, was extremely helpful and accomodating. My co-signer decided to purchase an extended warranty, which I did not support (based on the hard facts and monthly payment I'd be paying down the road), but in no way did she pressure us in making that decision. In the end, I was correct about the car, as it did have several other initial quality issues aside from the door closure. However, my initial inspection had not turned these up, and instead found them after buying the car and using it over a period of two to three weeks. Since they are still in the process in resolving these issues, and for the sake of their reputation (since this is the fault of Honda Corporate), I won't go into detail on the rest of the problems. As with all mass produced goods, cars come with certain problem areas that will need adjustment or replacement from time to time. Mine just happened to come with a few more than average, and is not what I expected from a brand like Honda. I am now in the process of sorting out those other issues, and so far my experiences with the dealership's service department have been mixed. I have also had quality issues with a few dealer installed accessories, and will need a few items replaced. Thus far, two visits were spent at the service department where the technicians could not fix items on the car, for various reasons. Also, I directly requested to speak with the 3rd party contractor doing my dealer-installed tinting 3 distinct times, but never met the man in the end. Now, I'm questioning what he did with my car! Frank, the salesman that helped us primarily, has recently become a great liaison for me with the service department, making sure they understood my needs. He has invested time in me far beyond the sales process, which means a lot. I met with the service manager earlier this week, and will be getting the issues addressed in one large go sometime next week. He is a great guy, a former detailer, and all-around quite experienced with automotive service. He seemed genuinely eager to get the issues properly fixed and to help with coordinating the process. Due to the lapses of customer service quality in the service department, I am only giving the dealership a 4/5 for overall customer service, but I would change that to 5/5 if I continue to receive good experiences in the future. Since I have had several issues with poor accessory installation and initial product quality with the vehicle, I am only giving the dealership a 2/5 for servicing, vehicle delivery and product quality. However, I would raise that to a 4/5 if all is completely resolved to my satisfaction in the coming weeks. Just to clarify, no major integrity issues, like the dealership hiding accident repairs or the like have popped up, only quality of work on repair and installed accessories. To be fair, I likely notice more quality issues than the average customer, but the fact that they were not repaired warrants the rating. Overall, the dealership deserves a 5/5 for friendliness, as everyone has been more than welcoming and friendly. You feel like you're appreciated after the sale, and that goes a long way. You won't "just be a number" at this dealership. Price receives a 3/5 (or average) rating, as the out the door price was decent, but not at all what I could have gotten by visiting dealerships in Charlotte. Their accessory and warranty prices are extremely high for the product received, but it is a major source of profit for any dealership. I would suggest going to a reputable 3rd party for Non-Honda accessories. To be fair, they were losing money on the deal, but so are all other dealerships this time of the year. Regionally, moderate sales over the months of July and August have led to a buyer's market, so I tried to take advantage of that fact. Since I am paying for the car (mentioned a co-signer earlier), and am living on a limited student income, I needed the best deal that I could get. So far, for the quality of product received, I feel that I overpaid. Overall, my experience at McKinney Salinas has been a good one. Generally speaking, the people in the sales department are hard-working, honest, friendly and transparent. They are willing to stand behind their products, and make sure that customer needs are properly addressed. They have earned my trust, so hats off to them! Based on my firsthand experience and knowledge from primary sources, the service department is average for a value-brand car moniker, but I would be willing to rate them higher if the follow-up repairs go favorably.

"Excellent Experience From Start to Finish"

My wife and I recently purchased a 2014 Honda Odyssey. From the day we stopped in to test drive the van to the day we took delivery, the customer service we experienced was exceptional. Jasper Powe was our salesman, and he did a fantastic job getting us the price we wanted. There was never any pressure from him or the sales manager Marvin Mathis. When we signed all the paperwork, Chris Pressley never forced the loan insurance or the extended warranty on us. Everyone was friendly and contributed to a "no pressure" buying experience from the beginning to the end. When Jasper located the exact van we were looking for, he even delivered it right to our house! He then spent 45 minutes in the driveway going over every option, button, and control to be sure we understood all the features. I have already recommended Jasper and this Honda dealership to two friends that are in the market for Hondas. Thanks again to everyone at McKenney Salinas Honda!!

July 29, 2014

We are very pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your buying experience, and we hope you are both enjoying your new vehicle. We take pride in customer satisfaction here at MS Honda. We look forward to your next visit with us!

"One of the better car buying experences that i have had."

I have had nothing but aggravation when dealing with some other dealerships. I've gotten upset, and ultimately walked out of other dealerships. I've never been able to understand why they play the games they play......So, imagine my surprise when I walked into this dealership (with no intention of buying anything that day since I had just started looking) and was treated with respect. No games, no pressure. For me to say that I had a fabulous experience is quite a understatement. They didn't try to talk me into anything I didn't want. They didn't hold my keys hostage when they took my car to appraise it. I feel they gave me a somewhat fair price for my trade in. I feel I got a fair price on the Honda CR-V EX-L that I purchased and the whole process was pleasant (not the usual high pressure I'm used to). I must say that working with Roger Brown, Roger Hoyle and Angela Theis was a pleasure and I will do it again in the not too distant future. I will recommend to anyone to go and see them . Oh, and did I mention my wife Carol LOVES the CR-V? Thanks guys, I will be back!

July 29, 2014

We are so happy to hear that you and your wife love your vehicle! If you have any other question we can answer, do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to your next visit!

"2014 Honda Odyssey"

Recently purchased a 2014 Odyssey. We went in to look at a 2012 Odyssey, but Jasper Powe worked out the details and got us into a brand new vehicle. Thank you for the pleasant experience!

July 23, 2014

We hope you will continue to enjoy your new Odyssey. We are glad to hear your experience with Jasper was pleasant. We are already looking forward to your next visit!

"Jasper Powe Is Awesome!!"

I drove into McKenney Salinas Honda Mitsubishi one evening close to closing time to look at a Honda Crosstour. I had no intention of talking to a salesperson, I had just seen this vehicle on the road a few days before, and wanted to get a closer view. While walking around the vehicles they had on their lots, a friendly salesperson walked up and introduced himself. We chatted casually about the Crosstours, and even though it was nearly closing time, he went and brought back the keys to a few of them so I could look at the interiors. He was very knowledgeable, and answered all of my questions in detail and without hesitation. We ended up going inside and talking numbers and with the price reduction incentive, I was really interested. Jasper had a day off the following day, so I had a day to think about it. To make a long story short, I ended up going on a test ride, and instantly fell in love with the Crosstour. Jasper spent hours with me, ensuring I was comfortable with the vehicle, and all of it's bells and whistles. If you are in the market to purchase a new vehicle from this dealership...ask for Jasper Powe! He is personable, knowledgeable, trustworthy, and honest. I love my new Crosstour...and I appreciate how I was treated by Jasper and the rest of the staff at this dealership.

July 23, 2014

We hope you are continuing to enjoy your new Crosstour! We are very pleased to hear that your experience with Jasper was awesome. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to your next visit!

"2014 Honda Pilot Touring"

Our purchase was friendly, quick, and easy thanks to Steven Johnson. As always, Bobby Ford is awesome to work with and gets the job done!

July 15, 2014

We hope you continue to enjoy your new Pilot! We are pleased to hear that our Salesmen Bobby and Steven could make your process simpler. Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviews of Roger Hoyle