McKenney Salinas Honda

Sales Associate
Roger Hoyle, Sales Manager, McKenney Salinas Honda

Roger Hoyle

November 02, 2016

"Jasper Powe did a wonderful job!!!"

- Sonya Boler

I brought my car to be service by McKenney Salinas Honda in September, 2016 for a routine Timing Belt package for $699.00. I set up a time to drop off my car with Jasper Powe on Monday. I came on Monday and everything went as planned and I was able to get a loaner car. I brought the loaner car back the next day on Tuesday because I was told my car was ready. I came and got my car and Jasper Powe was very courteous and thanked me for my service. He did inform me that my radiator needed a new top and I told it was ok to put a new cap on. I paid and left for work. When I got to my job in Gastonia my car was smoking and I had a guy at my job to look under the hood of my car. I seen the hose was unattached and coolant Leaking out on the ground with smoke. I called Jasper and he had some technicians to come out to my job and escorted my car and I back to the dealership. I was told they had seen that problem with the radiator before I picked up my car but it was no problem at the dealership. About this time, I was very frustrated because I am missing time from work. I bought my car in for a Timing belt change not for the Radiator to be fixed too. Jasper was very helpful and I appreciated Jasper showing me the problem and what needed to be done on the radiator but I was still upset. I was told that I needed to buy a new hose for the radiator. I bought a new hose at the dealership then the hose didn't work because it was too small. So I took it back to parts and got my money refunded on my card which took Wells Fargo bank 3 days to refund my money on my card. So they used my old hose and were able to fix my radiator but I was told that I had to pay for the labor and the parts which was expensive. I had just finished paying over $750.00 for the Timing belt plus tax and a radiator cap. So i was already upset and now looking at paying almost $1000 dollars. I asked Jasper to speak with the manager Jimmy poole. I explained my situation to Jimmy and he gave me a discount on fixing my radiator. I felt like it was really not my fault that something happen with my radiator when I brought my car initially into the dealership for a Timing belt change. When I brought my car into McKenney Salinas Honda on Monday there was no smoking and no problem with the radiator. So something had to have happened in the shop. I think when the technician was taking the hoses apart for the timing belt that he didn't do a good job in putting the hoses back together. I felt like I should not have been charged for the radiator because I had spent 3 days trying to get my car taken care of and I was so tired. I was so frustrated because I brought my car in for a timing belt package and ended up.paying an additional charges for a radiator in my car. Like I said when I brought my car in on Monday there was no radiator problems. I appreciate Jasper Powe being professional and nice in helping me but I felt like it was not fair and even though I got a discount it should have been free for the radiator due to I didn't come in at first with that problem.

November 01, 2016

"Pleasant surprise"

- eicdave

After test driving and dealing with high pressure sales people at several local dealerships, we were understandably not looking forward to visiting yet another dealership. However, after meeting and talking with Ted Anderson at McKenney Salinas Honda, we were instantly reassured that we had found the right dealership and the right car. Ted and staff at McKenney made the entire process painless, and actually very pleasant. After a test drive, the numbers on the new car and our trade were presented factually and professionally as opposed to nothing being presented in writing at the other dealerships. We felt the deal offered was exceptional. Overall, our treatment at McKenney Salinas Honda was excellent, and I would not hesitate to recommend this dealership to anyone looking to purchase a vehicle.

October 30, 2016

"Probably the best dealership I have done business with "

- Smoky132

I have purchased 3 vehicles from this dealership and they are the most reputable and professional dealership I have dealt with. From the front door to the back everyone is pleasant, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to do business with. Highly recommend if you are in the market for a vehicle. They also sell an outstanding product.

New 2016 Honda CR-Z, $21780