Medway Imports

Makes: Used Car Dealer

Medway Imports

Medway Imports Info
About Medway Imports

Motorists today are almost desperately in search of a place to take their car where they can obtain honest, dependable, trustworthy service performed by people who know what they're doing. So the next time you need service, give us a try. We'd like to earn your trust. Family owned and operated since 1997, Medway Imports is the place to purchase your next vehicle. We specialize in quality pre-owned high-end European cars priced fairly. In addition to a 100-point mechanical safety inspection and meticulous detailing, every car offered for sale by Medway Imports must pass another stringent test. Every car must have a clean title and odometer history. Medway Imports is owned by auto enthusiasts with more than 30 years experience in the automobile industry, specializing in quality vehicles. We know what needs to get done without the new car politics. Our ASE and Bosche certified technicians have more than 20 years experience working with many different types of vehicles. We are committed to providing you with premier service, without exhorbitant prices. The vast majority of our cars are priced below current book values. Medway Imports is the place for you to purchase a quality car at a fair price.

About Medway Imports

Sunday 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM

Saturday Closed

pd5775
10/11/2014

"A pleaure to deal with"

I recently acquired a 2011 E350 Bluetec from Barry. I would like to state that Barry is a an exceptional business man. His follow-up activity with the insurance agent and lender was way beyond anyone I've ever dealt with. His attention to the process and ability to "keep things moving' ensured the vehicle would be available on the day we agreed upon. Barry's previous experience in the industry has taught him exactly what not to do! My experience at Medway Imports was one of honesty, integrity, and professionalism. I would not hesitate to refer anyone to Medway Imports as I have great confidence that any encounter with Barry and his staff will be a wonderful experience!

EmmyJW
7/31/2014

"Recent purchase of 2012 Mercedes Benz (Today)"

I would recommend anyone that is in the market for a great import, Barry is the guy to see! I did quite a bit of research online before making a decision to upgrade from a 2007 BMW to a gorgeously clean immaculate 2012 Mercedes Benz. Do yourself a big favor and SKIP the giant dealerships! You know who they are. You will not even even come close to the prices that you find at Medway Imports while feeling confident in your purchase. Barry knows his stuff and makes the entire process seamless! No stress, no hassle... He is a very patient man! (Inside joke) P.S. I have never taken the time to write a review on anything before but felt I must here. HIGHLY RECOMMEND Medway Imports.

Barry Roth (owner)

Rices
7/28/2014

"Always top-notch"

We've been customers of Medway Imports for several years - sales and service. Always professional, honest, fair, knowledgeable and friendly. Barry has a great selection of vehicles and has a highly skilled service team. We would definitely recommend.

ecaci
12/12/2013

"Barry and his services went above and beyond to find me..."

Barry and his services went above and beyond to find me the right car. The prices are outstanding and he has a mechanics shop within Medway Imports; which is extremely convenient. I left my lights on one day and my car died, I brought it back to Medway Imports and they gave me a whole new car battery. My family and I have never dealt with a car dealership of such care for their customers

Bijan123
11/29/2013

"Very professional.... accurate estimate down to dollar..."

Very professional.... accurate estimate down to dollar and cents, replaced my starter as he had told me in a timely manner and with very good price ... Thanks Berry!

Berry

jerryznoj
11/15/2013

"I Did a NADA search and found approx. 5 in the area ( I..."

I Did a NADA search and found approx. 5 in the area ( I live in NH) of the make and model and year that I wanted and called each one . One was sold ,1 was in Brunswick Maine and had a suspicious history and the price was above market ,one was in Chelmsford mass and it had more miles on it that I was comfortable with as was one in Danvers mass. I called Medway motors and we talked and they fax me the car history . It sounded good and they promised that if I went down I would not be disappointed. I drove down ( 1. 5 hours) looked at the car ,took it for a drive and purchased it on the spot . I traded in a 2004 Honda Civic value package . They gave me a fair price and then put 2 new tires on the Nissan as a gesture of good will as the existing tires certainly had tread that would have gotten thru inspection. Warranty was the same Mass. warranty you would get anywhere for a used car ( which is a very good warranty for a used car). Car got rejected in NH for brake pads not to thickness and rotors that needed replacement (N H is strict on these items) . I called Barry ( the owner) and then drove down and was immediately serviced ( by 2 people) at no cost and with no questions asked!!!!. I then drove back to NH where the work was re-inspected and passed the NH inspection ! Car has been perfect and 5000 miles have passed. Note: I did check on the history of the car at the new dealership from which it was purchased new in West Newton and the car had been regularly serviced and was considered a creampuff by the service manager.

Barry (owner)

RossDJones
7/26/2013

"Looking for a used Volvo XC70 wagon, I found what looked..."

Looking for a used Volvo XC70 wagon, I found what looked to be a decent vehicle at Medway Imports. Price was fair, car condition seemed excellent, and the interior was spotless. I took the vehicle for a long test drive; it drove well, and the transmission didn't appear to be any worse that that of my previous V70 XC, slightly clunky, but nothing to alarm me. Just in case, I took out a drivetrain/transmission warranty with Medway when I purchased the car... I should have read the small print in the Warranty.... Because of the vehicle's mileage, Massachusetts Lemon Law covered it for 30 days. I took the car on a long drive on day 35. Mid-journey, there was a disconcerting clunk in the transmission, which then locked into 4th. The Check Engine light and the warning light "Transmission Service Required" came on. Thankfully I was able to get to my destination, and drive home a few days later, without anything further happening. The transmission seemed now to be OK.. Upon my return, I took the car to my usual Volvo maintenance shop who found that a speed sensor indicated a fault. The transmission fluid was in pristine condition, indicating a recent flush/refill. Looking around the car the technician also noticed that there were a lot of non-Volvo parts which had been used to replace damaged or worn parts. In some cases incorrect nuts had been used on some bolts. The Volvo technician was not impressed with the overall workmanship. We replaced the Speed Sensor. At this stage the fault again disappeared, and I continued to drive the car. I called Medway Imports (Barry Roth) to investigate my options. I was told that there was no evidence of any transmission issues with the car. My own Volvo technician told me that any decent repair shop used to working with Volvos must have been aware of the problems with this car's transmission.... Later, after a thousand miles or so, when the fault re-appeared, the same Volvo technician found that a new fault indicated that there was something major wrong mechanically with the transmission, and it would now need replacing. No problem I thought, as I have the transmission covered under the Warranty. However, upon reading the Warranty, it stated that a like for like parts would most likely be used. My Volvo dealer then liaised with the Warranty company and found that a new transmission could also be offered instead of a used one, but the Warranty would only cover the cost of replacing a used transmission. I would need to pay the difference, about a thousand dollars... Summary: - not happy with the whole car purchase experience - I find it difficult to believe that Medway Imports did not know of the transmission issue when selling the car to me - non-Volvo parts being used for repairs, and poor workmanship should have alerted me to a potential bad purchase - I would not purchase another vehicle from Medway Imports

Barry Roth

Medway Imports responded to this review

October 24, 2013

My name is Barry Roth, and I am the owner of Medway Imports. there are so many things that are incorrectly stated in Ross Jones' review, it is difficult to know where to begin. Ross Jones did take the Volvo on a long test drive to his mechanic for a pre purchase inspection, needless to say the car passed and was purchased. Prior to the test drive I explained the work that had been done to the car and I gave Mr. Jones a copy of the work order that was done at Medway Imports, that included a transmission fluid change along with an synthetic oil and filter change, and replacement of the front struts and rear shocks for his mechanic to review.. These repairs were done as maintenance items, not because they were broken or damaged, we change transmission fluid just as we change engine oil, as maintenance. Mr. Jones mechanic even asked what kind of transmission fluid we use, I showed Mr. Jones "Volvo" brand fluid that we stock and use in Volvos. He is correct in saying we also use non branded "Volvo" items, we use genuine Bilstein or genuine Boge shocks and struts, we use genuine Mobil One Oil, genuine Bosch wiper blades and components, etc. Mr. Jones mechanic said "any decent repair shop used to working on Volvos must have been aware of the problems with the cars transmission" we looked at the car as well as his mechanic and found no defect. There is NO small print on the warranty, the terms, mileage and time covered are clearly stated and are posted on every car for sale at Medway Imports. I was able to get Mr. Jones a 12 month or 12,000 powertrain warranty on this Volvo for $565.00 at the time of sale. I don't know of any extended warranty companies that replace major car components engine or transmission with a new one. These are used cars, New car dealers service departments are busy with broken "new" cars. I don't know anyone that has a crystal ball to predict what is going to break in the future. We at Medway Imports try to service our vehicles so they do not break, it is not uncommon for us to spend over $2000 reconditioning our vehicles prior to sale. Lastly and more broadly speaking, Medway Imports has many very satisfied, repeat customers. We could not succeed in business, as we have over the years, if we did not offer quality motor vehicles and repairs at very favorable, competitive prices. We welcome you to check out our motor vehicle inventory at our website, medwayimports.com.

Lcore11
4/24/2013

"Medway Imports is simply the best used car dealership I..."

Medway Imports is simply the best used car dealership I have ever been too. Barry Roth, the owner, is honest, upfront and very easy to work with. No pushy sales tactics, tricks and there was never pressure at all to purchase. When I was ready, I knew where to find him. I test drove several vehicles, took them to show my wife, grab the kids from the bus, etc., it took me a while :-), but Barry was patient every step of the way. All their cars are clean and well serviced before being put on the lot. Additionally, all their vehicles are priced under typical retail values for great no haggle shopping. I will definitely buy a vehicle from Medway Imports again and strongly recommend this dealership for your next used car purchase as well as for any repair services.

gary1234
4/04/2013

"In looking for a used Porsche Boxster, I visited Med way..."

In looking for a used Porsche Boxster, I visited Med way Imports to look at one offered. Though I did not ultimately buy my new toy there, I met Barry who gave me his time and experience and made me more comfortable in taking the plunge with a Porsche. When it came time to needing some work done, I felt comfortable in going back to Medway Imports. Barry became my service psychiatrist and gave reassurance that such things happen and the problem was diagnosed and repaired. He charged the same labor rate as our local mechanic who regularly works on the Honda, $95/hr. instead of whatever the Porsche dealers charge. I will certainly bring my Boxster back to Medway Imports when it next needs work. Until then, thanks Barry.

Agoodman72
3/31/2013

"Another Great experience with medway imports. Barry..."

Another Great experience with medway imports. Barry brings a consultative approach to the process. He is straight forward and trustworthy. Will be back for sure.