Read Reviews Mercedes Benz of West Chester

Michael MonteiroSales Associate1 Lifetime Review

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Certified: Mercedes Benz of West Chester

This dealership is a DealerRater® Certified Dealer and is committed to providing quality customer service.

As a Certified Dealer, Mercedes Benz of West Chester has the opportunity to contact reviewers that had unsatisfactory experiences at their dealership. Contact may be made privately, without giving out anyone's email address, through the DealerRater Message Panel with the goal to resolve any issues the reviewer experienced. Reviews will automatically post after the two week reconciliation period has ended.

About Mercedes Benz of West Chester

Mercedes-Benz of West Chester believes that the Benz experience begins long before you place the key in the ignition, and extends long after you take delivery of your new or Certified Pre-Owned vehicle.

The employees of Mercedes-Benz of West Chester are pleased to welcome you to our recently refinished location 3 miles south of West Chester, PA on Route 202-a hallmark in customer care. This unique facility, with its dramatic stone-and-glass exterior, was designed to provide you with the ultimate in technology, efficiency, quality and personal service.

Adding to the enjoyment of your experience, we have included a comfortable waiting area with several large-screen televisions, a children’s playroom, coffee bar, beautiful accessory boutique and a full-scale replica of the first automobile built in 1886 by Karl Benz.

Please come and see for yourself. We would welcome the opportunity to show you around so that you can discover “an experience unlike any other”.

Our Location

Friday: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM

Saturday: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM

Our Amenities

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"Bought Used From Them Yet Still Treated Like A King"

Alxlee
8/5/2014 3:04:03 PM

Michael MonteiroMichael Monteiro

My Review Of Mercedes Benz of West Chester:

I normally cringe at the thought of car shopping and visiting dealers due to past experiences. My latest experience with Mercedes of West Chester was completely the opposite experience though and I am looking forward to my next purchase with this group! I purchased a 4 year old used car for under $30K, yet they have treated me through the purchase process to the warranty claim process like I just bought a brand new S Class from them. The selection of used vehicles is apparently top tier too, I was informed that they do not usually sell cars with a blemished Carfax history. The warranty they provide with their used cars is short, but comprehensive. I was even offered a loaner car while my car is in for what I believe are tire/alignment issues and a convertible top issue. The knowledge and transparency (and honesty) that Michael demonstrated throughout my whole purchasing process has been second to none and the service provided is unparallel to any other dealer I have worked with including several high end exotic sports car dealers. I highly recommend this dealership to anyone looking for a new or used vehicle.

Twitter
"Ron Zullo Took the Stress out of Buying a Car"

mtoliverio
8/4/2014 12:31:53 PM

Ron Zullo

My Review Of Mercedes Benz of West Chester:

This was my first Mercedes purchase and I have to say I am still blown away by the professionalism and overall courtesy that Ron and the staff displayed to us as we bought this car. I cannot say enough about how well we were treated as "members of the Mercedes Benz family". I would highly recommend Ron and West Chester Mercedes to anyone. A real pleasure!

"WORST EXPERIENCE!"

dcifonemd1
6/26/2014 1:43:13 PM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: No

My Review Of Mercedes Benz of West Chester:

This is my first time taking my car (which is my first Mercedes after owning a slew of BMWs) to West Chester and it was, without a doubt, the absolute WORST experience I have ever had when dealing with a service center. Both the Asst. General Manager (Andrew George) AND the Service Manager (Bernie Gunn) of Mercedes-Benz of West Chester grossly lack professionalism, accommodation, and customer care. It has been one headache after another ever since I got involved with this service department.

When my car first had to be brought in for service, I waited 7 HOURS for Mercedes Roadside to send a tow truck. When my car finally arrived at their facility, I picked up the loaner vehicle and was on my way, totally frustrated that they caused me to miss half that evening's shift at work (I am an Emergency Department physician). Later that evening, on my way home from work, the loaner car's front two tires suddenly went flat, leaving me stranded in a dangerous area in the middle of the night. I left the car in a supermarket parking lot and took a taxi home, totally unprepared for the hellish following day.

With only a few hours sleep, I got up at 6am to take a taxi back to the disabled loaner vehicle where I would wait for Mercedes Roadside, once again, to send a tow truck. Only this time it didn't take 7 hours; it took almost 11 HOURS for the towtruck to arrive to pick up the loaner, causing me to miss half that evening's shift at work. Not only did I never receive a reason why they gave me a lemon for a loaner, but never even heard a single apology from anyone!

When I went to pick up my car after service was completed, I was told that I'd have to wait until the check clears before they release my car, which, as inconvenient as it was making that 40 mile round trip ONCE AGAIN, was understandable. Even though someone from service who we spoke to the day prior (Dave), completely aware of the situation with the check, assured us that there wouldn't be any problem. For the inconvenience of not being able to take my car and BECAUSE OF the mixed messages I was receiving from their staff, I asked for a loaner car until the payment cleared. That's the least they could've done to make a great impression on a new client, right? WRONG! In fact, Mr. Gunn, unwilling to sympathize with ANYTHING I had to say, just flat out told me "No," explaining that because I was a new client, he was unwilling to accommodate me the same way had I been a repeat client. So, let me get this straight: This dealership discriminates against first time clients, only offering preferential treatment and accommodations solely to those who have been there in the past? Yet another slap in the face from this dealership!

The $1,255.00 check I presented them for payment, which was written on a new estate account through TD bank in my parents' name, cleared out of the account two days later, which I have proof of that it was collected by their bank, Wells Fargo. When I called at 8am to inform them that the money has been collected from the account, I was then informed that I had to wait until the Service Manager, Bernie Gunn, verified with their accounting department that they were paid. He'd call me "right back," he said. Fine.

I waited around for Mr. Gunn to give me a straight answer from 8am until 12:30pm, at which point he told me he couldn't release my car to me because "we still cannot verify that the check will clear." WHAT? I explained to him NUMEROUS TIMES that THE MONEY CAME OUT OF THE ACCOUNT and WAS COLLECTED BY WELLS FARGO BANK and that my mother and I had the cancelled check right in front of us. He kept repeating, like a robot, "I need to make sure the check didn't bounce." How are they not able to verify that their bank collected my payment? I'm able to see it from my end, so shouldn't they see it from theirs? Total nonsense! And to top it all off, I then received a call from the Asst. General Manager, Andrew George, who spoke obnoxiously and offensively to me over the phone, implying that I should have expected this and how this was somehow MY FAULT, asserting that I "should have been prepared with another form of payment."

So basically, my car is being held hostage over these peoples' stubborn incompetence and administrative red tape. I was actually considering buying a new car from West Chester this coming January, 2015, since the place looked so nice inside. After this fiasco, I will NEVER set foot in that place EVER again. Looks seem to be the only thing this place has going for them because it definitely isn't their dedication to customer satisfaction!

Prior to this Mercedes, I am a long time BMW customer of the past 10 years, and within those 10 years I owned a total of 9 BMWs. Owned. Not financed, not leased, OWNED. After this nightmare of an experience with Mercedes, I wholeheartedly REGRET leaving the BMW family. In fact, Otto's BMW (both service AND sales departments), which is directly across the street, NEVER gave me an ounce of trouble nor have they ever treated me with such callous disregard as a client and a professional.

If it takes $1200, some missed time at work, and disrespectful,PURPOSEFUL inconvenience from the management staff at MB of West Chester to avoid me paying tens of thousands in the future toward other vehicles (and further aggravation), then SO BE IT. Lesson learned!

As soon as I get my Mercedes back, I'm taking the title to my car and going directly across the street to Otto's, trading it in toward a new BMW, and saying GOOD RIDDANCE to Mercedes-Benz!

***UPDATE***
Contrary to the response MB of West Chester posted under my original review, when I was finally permitted to regain possession of my vehicle, NO CREDIT OF ANY KIND was offered or provided to me. Aside from being lied to once again, now there is no sound coming out of any of the speakers in my car! I tried the radio, navigation, CD player, etc. and nothing works. My radio was working perfectly fine when I brought my car in for service, and now I'm given a car back with no sound? Was it spite work because I posted a negative review? I AM AT MY WIT'S END WITH THIS PLACE!

Response From: Mercedes Benz of West Chester
Added: 6/26/2014 5:25:22 PM

Dear D C

Anytime we fail to deliver on the promise of excellence represented by the Mercedes-Benz brand we are disappointed. We have reviewed the events you have described in your review and wish to let you know that we have opened a case with Mercedes-Benz corporate to express your, and now our, dissatisfaction with your Roadside Assistance experience. You are absolutely correct that any wait over an hour is unreasonable. We will continue to seek answers to the delays which caused you such great frustration. In regards to your vehicle being in for service and the ability to pay for it. Our concern started when, as a first time client, you had left your vehicle in our possession for over 30 days. This duration by itself is typically a reason for concern. When you came to retrieve your vehicle you presented us with a third party check. It was a starter check on a new account, with a signature on it other than your own (at the time, you shared with us that it was your mother's signature). All of these individual details are included when designing a policy relative to accepting payment. It is our company policy, as it is almost all businesses, to not accept third party payment for either sales or service transactions. We apologize if this policy was a surprise and how it disrupted your plans relative to picking up your vehicle. It is never our intention to compromise our commitment to satisfying our clients, and a policy like this is typically in place to protect all parties. We appreciate your feedback and will revisit our current process in order to avoid all of the listed concerns and ultimate dissatisfaction. As a token of goodwill and as an apology for your Roadside experience we would like to discuss a credit at your earliest convenience.

"Clinton Adney"

jlbrydon
6/2/2014 7:10:17 PM

Clinton Adney

My Review Of Mercedes Benz of West Chester:

I visited Mercedes Benz of West Chester because they were having a sale of pre-owned cars. I had inherited my parents' Mercedes E350. I did not love it, but it was a great car. I went to see if I could find a car that really fit me and my personality. Clinton was warm, helpful and engaging. He helped me find the car of my dreams. The total transaction was smooth from day one. He called me to check up to ensure I was ready with everything I needed to pick up my car and turn in the initial Mercedes. He called me after I had the car a few days to ensure I was happy with my purchase. I am ecstatic! I now own a 2008 SL550 and I am thrilled every time I drive it. Clinton is an excellent sales person. I would absolutely recommend him to all of my friends.

"Certified Used Cars"

fberger
5/26/2014 9:56:37 PM

William McDonnell

My Review Of Mercedes Benz of West Chester:

William McDonnell was great and answered all of my questions. He made the car buying experience excellent and was able to get me into an awesome car! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a certified Mercedes

Twitter
"Great Car Buying Experience"

HVWC
5/11/2014 10:07:29 PM

Clinton Abney

My Review Of Mercedes Benz of West Chester:

We recently purchased a Certified Pre Owned Mercedes Benz vehicle from Mercedes Benz of West Chester, PA. Clinton Abney was our sales person and his service and professionalism was great. Clint was very easy to work with and helped us as we researched our options to buy a new versus certified pre owned vehicle. Never once did he put us any pressure to go one way or the other. I truly felt that Clint had my best interests and wishes at heart. Clint never rushed us as we looked at multiple vehicle and took multiple test drives. We wanted to thoroughly explore our options and he indulged us throughout the process. In the end we bought our vehicle from Clint because we felt that he was giving us a good deal and we trusted him. The dealership itself is big and beautiful with a lot of cars to choose from. The car buying process itself was painless, very low pressure and was made personal experience by Clint. Clint is very attentive and made sure that I understood the pros and cons of the options I had available. He definitely wanted to make sure that I understood the options and costs of my decisions up front, which I very much appreciated. Clint is a warm and straightforward person and one of those people in life that you are glad that you met! I recommend this car dealership and working with Clint in particular.

Twitter
"Best Purchase Decision I've Ever Made"

Asifmls
5/6/2014 2:07:47 PM

Michael FerlegerMichael Ferleger

My Review Of Mercedes Benz of West Chester:

When I recently purchased my new C-Class, I was somewhat skeptical of the value of purchasing the wheel and tire package. However, Michael Ferleger, the Finance Manager, walked me through the benefits and costs associated with the package, and I decided to buy it. I have never been more thrilled with a purchase in my life. After this past winter and the immense pot holes that formed in my area, I had several issues with my wheels and tires; issues that would have cost a fortune to fix had I not purchased the package ahead of time. Instead, all it took was scheduling an appointment with the service department where my wheel and tires were fixed, free of charge and free of hassle. Mike was extremely helpful and wonderful to work with. He laid out the benefits and costs of all available packages and advised me which ones would be best suited to my needs. He was courteous and patient throughout the process, and I would highly recommend Michael Ferleger and Mercedes Benz of West Chester.

Twitter
"Customer Service and Follow-up"

longdrive330
5/6/2014 10:23:43 AM

My Review Of Mercedes Benz of West Chester:

I was very pleased with the way WC Mercedes stood behind a deal I did with them in January. Andy George went above and beyond to work out a kink in the agreement and satisfied me 100%. I highly reccomend this dealership to anyone looking for a new or pre-owned Benz.

Twitter
"Fantastic Team! Unbelievable Car Buying Experience"

webblaze
5/5/2014 6:45:53 PM

Brad FreymoyerBrad Freymoyer

My Review Of Mercedes Benz of West Chester:

Where to begin? I’m not rich, I’m not a doctor or a lawyer, just a blue collar working guy. West Chester MB always made me feel just as important as anyone else looking to purchase a new Mercedes. Thank you Miquel, for sticking with us during the whole process. You were so patient and understanding in dealing with my wife. She really liked your down to earth personal attributes. We never felt pressured even after 3 different cars and 4 different test drives.You really made this purchase a pleasure. You stuck with me through the whole process and even though you were out of town on family issues, you were still always accessible to your #1 customer, me. Thank you Brad, for really crunching the numbers over and over again. You somehow managed to get us in the car we wanted at a price we could afford. You should get hazard pay for dealing with customers like me, I don’t how you do it without losing your cool? Thank you very much for all your hard work I do appreciate it. Thank you Ed, when Miquel had to go out of town, I felt a little worried at first but fortunately you were my go to guy for delivery. You took an unscheduled 3 hours of your time to go over every aspect of my first Mercedes Benz, 3 hours, unbelievable, thank you. You somehow made the complicated multimedia package seem manageable. When I didn’t understand something, you went over it again and again with courtesy. You took care of all my documents, titles, Insurance, tags and even a license plate frame and the Iphone 5 interface installation. You introduced me to David, and the service department and explained how everything worked in detail. Awesome job all around, just awesome. Thank you Andy, you probably have no idea who I am. You still made it a point that every time I came in to the showroom you would come out of your office and specifically ask me if I needed any help. I counted at least 5 different times. You never even questioned who I was, you were just so concerned that I was being taken care of. Who does that? 5 times. Nice touch, seriously. I’ve bought many new cars over the past 20 years. I’m new to the Mercedes-Benz family, but you guys made me feel like I belonged here all along. I noticed how everyone worked as a team, truly exceptional. Merecedes-Benz of West Chester, obviously didn’t need my little bit of money. This place is huge, immaculate and friendly. Everyone I met truly enjoyed working here. Managers, Financing, Sales, Service, Housekeeping, the valet guys and even the guys down in the detail shop. The dealership is truly first rate. I had the pleasure of personally dealing with 6 different employees and I can’t think of one negative thing to say. I made many visit's, as I tend to have commitment issues, they never got frustrated or tired of seeing me. Thank you everyone and thank you Miquel for making me feel special. If you really want a memorable car buying experience and enjoy being treated like royalty. If you want to drive, what I now realize is the finest automobile in the world, you have to come here. MB of West Chester is just that good. Great job everyone, Thanks A.R. Meyer

Twitter
"Warm regards to exceptional salesman, Clint Abney"

joanstevens
5/5/2014 6:23:48 PM

Clint Abney

My Review Of Mercedes Benz of West Chester:

We very recently leased a beautiful Mercedes 350 convertible from the West Chester Mercedes Benz dealership. Thanks to their extremely competent salesman, Clint Abney, the transaction was stress free and enjoyable. Clint is polished, professional and very personable. He had thorough knowledge of the innumerable functions available and more importantly he assured us that he would be available in the future to answer any questions on those functions by phone or in person at the dealership.

I know we can agree that Mercedes Benz has an impeccable reputation in the luxury car field. Understandably, it is very important that their salespeople reflect the dedication to excellance that Mercedes demands. Clint passes that test with flying colors. Clint went out of his way, literally, to meet us at a place convenient for us to sign papers . We casually mentioned we would like Pandora and Clint took the time to load BlueTooth and Pandora on one of our phones. Clint was always polite, always courteous, never pushy or over-bearing.; he listened to what we wanted in a car and how much we were willing to pay and he made it happen.

Thank you again, Clint.