Merrick Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Wantagh

Merrick Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Wantagh Info

JeepBuyerScorned
1/30/2016

"Go Elsewhere "

I will be buying a new Wrangler Unlimited. Somewhere else! I wanted to buy one today! From a local business. So off to Merrick Dodge i went, considering i live very close. I went inside, did two laps said hi to the male sales people chatting to the female who sits at the telephone desk. Not one person offered me help or anything! Unbelievable, how does this establisment sell anything? Judging from what I've read online regarding reviews of this dealership I'm not surprised. Really!?. So much for helping local business. I get better sales service at Home Depot, and thats not a compliment. Hey Joe! if you still own this place . Pay Attention!

ZERO!!!!!!!

nycevan
1/17/2016

"From the deal on the phone to delivery - as promised"

Just picked up my new Jeep Grand Cherokee two days ago. My wife and I were extremely satisfied with the the honest up front service and pricing we were given from Darren DiFlorio the sales manager. We worked the deal over the phone and when we got there the car and the numbers were correct, no surprises. Thanks for the great service!

Darren DiFlorio, Carolyn

DJ22
12/24/2015

"Go somewhere else!"

I thought I got a good deal when I bought my 2nd car from them last year at this time, but I put down $9,500 from a trade in and had what was supposed to be a great deal with return customer discounts, several rebates, etc. I tried to lower payments and trade in for something less expensive to find out that my truck is worth about $4,000 less than what I owe! That's some loss! They wouldn't even cut me a break on a used car, even though this would be my 3rd car there in 2 1/2 years and I had 3 people go there to buy cars, 2 were last week! I then tried to cancel my extended warranty and was told their computers were down and they would do it later. I called the next day to find out how much I was getting back as was told they would call me back in an hour. I guess it's no surprise they never called back. I called the next day to fin out that the girl who does that is off and won't be back for a few days and no one else can help me. I asked to speak to the manager on duty and left him a message. Guess what? He never called back either. I went in person today to find out why a repeat customer who got them sales couldn't even get a return call and there was no answer. I found out that after all those days my request was never processed! Finally I got someone to help me and it was done in about 2 minutes. It took 2 minutes to complete a request that wasn't done in 2 days. If this is the service a return customer gets I can't imagine what a first time customer gets. P.S. the brand new car my friend bought had a check engine light come on the first day he had it, and the certified used car my sister bought has been back twice for a slow leak that was supposedly fixed and was going flat again. Do yourself a favor and check out other dealers before buying here. I myself will probably go to Westbury next time.

Richard, Darren, Carolyn, Gabby

Jeep123
10/13/2015

"poor, unprofessional service"

If you are thinking of taking your vehicle there for service, I suggest you rethink! and go somewhere else. There is nothing professional or acceptable on how the customer is treated, the attitude I encountered the two times I visited this dealership was unprofessional to say the least. Both times I visited the service agents are talking amongst themselves and you wait at the counter for them to finish their personal conversations, WRONG! Then you hand them the sheet of paper the valet gives you and you are asked what's that WRONG! How should I know, I was given it to give to the service department agent. Then you tell them what's wrong, and not a word you said is comprehended because in my situation the agent start to spat off dollar amounts when I was back for them to fix what I paid for the first time and was not working properly.

bigdaddrock
9/20/2015

"Great first visit for new Full Size Van"

Have not yet decided on purchase, but the "auto buying" experience, with my Costco Auto Buying certificate, could not have been any better than that provided by Geoffrey Rice. Having had sour experiences in the past with the classic "well, let me talk to my manager and see what we can do", multiple times each visit to purchase a car over the last forty years, this was superb!!! Geoff showed me several vehicles, then printed out a complete offer sheet and quoted me a price. End of visit in less than an hour!! He was very professional. Will readily recommend this dealership and, specifically, Geoff to others looking for a new car.

Geoffrey S. Rice

jimmy2me
9/16/2015

"service"

So I needed to make an appointment to have my car serviced and because I didn't buy my car there they would not take my car. They said we have to many customers.. regardless of I bought it in Canada dodge is dodge. I'm going further with this.

service department

nymonymgr
9/09/2015

"The Right Price and an Easy Process!"

Bottom line.....if you are looking for a Jeep, Chrysler, or Dodge vehicle, call Merrick and speak with Bryan Busuttil. We turn cars over often at my house and we've been leasing cars since 1993 so I know what I'm doing and might be viewed by some as NOT the optimal customer!! After inquiring at several dealerships closer to where I live about a sign and drive lease on a 2015 Grand Cherokee with navigation and a sunroof and getting the complete run around, typical mysteriously changing price quotes, etc. I called Merrick and they put Bryan on the phone. He listened and more importantly, actually heard me. He quoted me over the phone and it was the number I was looking for, which incidentally the other dealers were saying could not be done! I went in to see Bryan the following day and was in and out in a half hour with the same exact deal... signed! Picked the car up last night...again in and out in a half hour! They had a large selection and Bryan new his cars, was very professional, up front, helpful and sincere. Additionally, their Finance Manager Carolyn was also great. Communicated with me when she said she would, presented me after market options like a Wear and Tear policy, etc. but without the hard sell, and got everything done quickly and efficiently with next to zero work on my part! Bryan and Merrick are the folks you need to work with if looking for a Jeep, Chrysler or Doge vehicle......and coming from me....that speaks volumes!!! (just ask my wife!!)

Bryan Busuttil, Carolyn

Rich
7/21/2015

"Start to finish, outstanding"

When I knew what car I wanted, I walked in to Merrick Dodge and was greeted by the GM, Bob. I told him what I was looking for. At this point he sat down with and we built the car for order. He walked me step by step, reviewing with me the options I chose. When my car was delivered it was exactly what I wanted. This was by far the easiest car buying process I have ever been through. The staff I dealt with was great and informative. At no point did I ever feel pressured by sales tactics. They made sure that every discount available was given. I would highly recommend anyone buying or leasing a vehicle to make it your first stop. Odds are it will be your last.

Bob, Brian and Gabriela

corvette22
7/06/2015

"unfriendly"

Unfriendly staff the salesman looked annoyed that he help me, he was too busy on his smartphone. I told him I was interested in a wrangler I saw on their website, he told me that that car was in their lot and had to be brought over to be shown. We agreed that I will call him in the morning so I can see the Jeep I called him back and i can hear in his tone of voice he didnt want to be bothered with me. They never got back to me, so I took my business to Huntington jeep in commack.

Brian

ProMaster
6/27/2015

"BAd attitudes and very unprofessional !!!!!! "

Called for service and got nothing but a bad attitude on the phone. To make matters worse I was told that they are taking service appointments for "THREE" weeks down the road to even look at the vehicle. Service guy Mike on the phone was all ready trying to get out of warranty work by asking questions like "Well, did we ever work on the car before?" and " Who did your last oil change?" all while having a piss poor attitude. How can this place even stay in business. I called back to be nice and at least let Management know of my experience but was left on hold for 15 minutes for the General Manager. Never did the receptionist come back on the line to make sure the call was transferred! Stay Away, well unless you are a glutton for punishment.

Mike in Service