Morrie's 394 Hyundai

6661 Wayzata Blvd,
St Louis Park, Minnesota 55426
Morrie's 394 Hyundai Info
About Morrie's 394 Hyundai

Buy Happy®. Once you get it, you’ll never want to buy a car without it. To understand Buy Happy®, you must understand the man behind it, Morrie Wagener, founder, namesake and all around lovable leader of Morrie’s Automotive Group. From the very beginning, Morrie understood the simple truth about selling cars. Customer’s can get a vehicle anywhere. Especially now that there are multiple dealerships for every brand in the Twin Cities. Really, it’s the car buying or servicing experience that makes the difference. Ultimately, that’s what a dealership is selling, and what has set Morrie’s Automotive Group apart. Buy Happy® is car buying the way it should be. Fun. Informative. Honest. Easy. Rewarding. Affordable. And it's only at Morrie's.

About Morrie's 394 Hyundai Learn More

DONZO
3/11/2015

"Excellent Customer Service !!!!!!"

I boughty my first Hyundai elantra 2013 in October 2014 Thanks to an amazing , fantastic , energetic and courteous salesman named Mr. Sam Milstein . That guy took me under its umbrella until today. He explained to me everything about my new car ( technical issues, warranty etc....). Because of his polite , respectful , professional attitudes , my wife also bought her Kia Rio 2012 from Morrie's thanks to Mr. Sam Milstein again. He is dependable , reliable, excellent helper if you need any car in this dealership . Sam , because of you , my wife and I are driving nice cars from Morrie's 394 . If anyone needs help at Morrie's go to Sam Milstein you will get a formidable customer service, Thanks !!!!. F. DONZO

Customernightmare
3/05/2015

"Worst customer service ever "

First day I delt with (Rob) everything was fine after we finished the paper work and signed off on the car is when issues occured. Last thing I needed to wait on was my loan and paper work from my bank to be sent over to the dealership . I wasn't going to be faxed until the next day. Rob said he'd call me when it came through that way I could pick the car up. Never recieved a call and even call twice that day and left a message for him to call me. Later the night I was checking my e-mail and he sent me an e-mail that it was in. This was a Sat. at 5:30 pm he sent the message. Dealership closed within half hr....Really an e-mail??? Needless to say I picked it up on Mon. Before picking it up I called when I'd be there. I meantioned that when I drove it the gas gauge was on empty pretty much and if they could put a little gas in so I could make it home without stopping. Well gues what the never put a drop in and low fuel light went off right away so I had to fill. Gas was only $2.00 at the pump at the time so 5 gal would of cost them $10! Just the principil of it all. I've purched a cars from many different dealers over the years and usually after day or two get a call from sales Assc. to so how I like the car or a thank you. Ten days past and I got nothing! Not even an e-mail which he likes to do on the car or a thanks! Rob has alot to learn in customer service if you ask me. then I had problems with the car two weeks later and was pretty much told from the asst. manager it was purchased as is. I was fine with that, but still wanted them to look at it and see what the issues was.....you know maybe give them more business! Long story short. After numerous phone calls with no return I just showed up. Got the run around from them on I'd have to service it at one of their other dealerships because it was a GM vehicle not a Hyundai. Then they gave me outrages price quotes with no diffinate answers. Basically they were a joke! To top it off I saw Rob in there when I showed up that day and he saw me ,but refused to say hi or talk to me. Either scared or needs more people skills training. I just bought a car from him and that's how he acts.

William B
3/04/2015

"Out of State Buyer"

I live in Arizona, so the thought of buying a new Hyundai Genesis Coupe from a dealer in Minnesota was a bit unnerving. However, the price from Morrie's was so much better than I could get locally, I decided to take a chance. Since it was a new car, I purchased it sight unseen, but I received many photos from every angle imaginable. The people at Morrie's treated me with exceptional courtesy. I started with Adara and eventually worked with Jason, who served as my main contact through the entire process. All of my questions were answered quickly, and I received every conceivable bit of information that was available on the car. Kristen made the financing part of the deal very easy, and the contact and loan documents matched the exact numbers I was given by Jason. Morrie's even arranged the vehicle transportation. The car arrived within five days of shipping, and after a much needed bath, it looked fantastic! I am VERY satisfied with my buying experience at Morrie's and thank everyone who helped make it happen.

Adara-internet

amaselli
2/27/2015

"Buying happy, 2011 Mazda CX7"

Blake Walonick of Morrie's 394 Hyundai car dealership is an amazing car salesman and wanted to let you know how much I appreciated working with him to buy my 2011 Mazda CX7. I had never bought a used car before. The thought of negotiating with professional negotiators (salesmen/women) is very intimidating. If you look for tips online, a lot of people compare it to getting a root canal.. OUCH!! There are tons pages/sites filled with information on awful negotiating ploys and underhanded tactics that give the bravest man/woman pause before stepping in a dealership. Unfortunately, this was my frame of mind when I stepped in to Morrie's. I have never been so happy to be wrong. Within the first 2 minutes of meeting Blake he made me feel comfortable. Blake was very informative (He was able to answer all of my questions and concerns), kind and patient person to deal with. Not only did he take care of me, he made the car buying experience positive for my wife and our two small children. There was no negotiation on price on the CX7 as it was priced accordingly to the Kelley Blue Book price I had already investigated. Additionally, the CX7 was included in the Morrie's buy happy pricing which guarantees if I do not like the car within 7 days I can return the car among many other great perks!! Blake is an asset to your company and he has single handedly made Morrie's 394 Hyundai of St. Louis Park the only place I want to buy a car from in the future. I will be back to purchase my wife's car from Blake!!

Adara Thomas

FX2300
1/21/2015

"less than pleasant experience, but it worked out."

Test drove a used car on the main street for a bit and then agreed to purchase it. Very fast check out. Ran into a few timely issues, but it was sorted out. Waited several weeks on a response to get struts replaced. However, it was taken care of by the upper management in Morries leadership. A used-car service department at another Morries dealership took care of the repairs, and offered me a complimentary rental vehicle for a couple days. Hope everyone is safe and has a great experience with their continuous research and future car purchasing experiences. Thanks for reading!

Karl

JillD
1/08/2015

"Horrible customer service. "

I came to Morrie's to trade-in my car because I was told "I would need to look at your [vehicle] to give you an absolute figure, I can tell you that we have a lot of demand for pre-owned [vehicles] like yours, so you might be surprised at how much it could be worth to us!" Note- I removed my actual vehicle make/model as to protect myself. I had also found a great used car on their website, just what I was looking for, in my price range (although above the KBB value) and with low miles! Yay! My excitement lasted until I walked into the dealership, and immediately felt uncomfortable. I had asked the salesman I was working with why the car was listed above the value of the car. He said "we are a one price dealership, that's not going to change." I told him that I didn't expect a change, I was just wondering why. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't car salesmen trying to SELL cars? Because I had an idea of why it was higher priced already (like that it is rare to find that kind of car with that low of miles) but was just looking for a reason. I wasn't trying to bargain, I just wanted to know, because if I am paying $1,000 over market price, I want to be sure I won't regret it. I was then told they didn't have the car I was looking for, and when they asked if I was looking for something else I told them I was open and my requirements. The second car he found (same make/ model, older year) was at a partner dealership across the street. He called them, and it also wasn't there. He helped me look at a couple other options. I also said that my budget depended on the trade in for my current car. The salesman worked with me (hesitantly) to find a car. When we found another option at a dealership across the street, he told me he would take me over there. Before we left, he told me that in order to "not waste your time" he wanted to know what I wanted for my trade in. I told him I would like to get the KBB trade-in value on the higher end, around $3,500. He told me "that's not going to happen, we will only offer you a couple hundred dollars." I was shocked, I asked how this was possible when I was planning on buying a car from him and mine was still worth a couple thousand at least. He then went to get his "used car sales manager." Who told me that KBB doesn't buy cars, so I would never get that much for it (I had shown him the range of $2,600-3,500 as the trade in value). I said that I understood how buying and selling work, but the amount they were offering wasn't even near the trade in value. Also, he hadn't even looked at my vehicle, he had no idea of the condition or mileage. I also told him didn't need a lecture, and that these prices are fair estimates of what I should get. He told me "You can't MAKE ME buy your car!" He was insulting me, talking down to me, and then started acting like a child. I told him that I was done, as I walked away he (I kid you not) yelled "yes, YOU CAN LEAVE NOW." I was so upset that I swore at him. I don't swear often, and when I do it is not usually a 4 letter word beginning in F, but I did, and left the dealership in tears. I understand that dealerships need to sell cars to make money, and that new cars make a lot more money than used, but that doesn't give your dealership an excuse to be rude and downright mean to me because I am on a budget. I will NEVER buy from any Morrie's dealership, even when I can afford a new car. I may not make a lot of money, but that doesn't decrease my value as a human being.

January 09, 2015

Jill--- I read your feedback, and honestly I wanted to jump off of a bridge. I simply do not understand what motivates us to behave in such a manner. Our people are typically better than this. I would love to rectify the situation and restore your faith in Morrie's. I have worked at Morrie's for 26 years. This is not the Buy Happy way. Please call me directly and allow me the chance to help you. I sincerely appreciate your feedback. As painful as it is to accept. Respectfully, Karl Schmidt 612-804-6000 karl.schmidt@morries.com CEO Morrie's Automotive Group

Melissa Vermeersch
11/24/2014

"Great Experience"

Best vehicle buying experience I've had. Brad helped us find a vehicle with the features we wanted. He was polite, attentive and courteous. He wasn't pushy at all. Suresh and Kristin in finance were very patient in explaining all our options and gave us time to pick the right choice for our budget. We definitely recommend this dealer!

Suresh Dubay

December 03, 2014

So glad to hear you had such a great experience! Thanks for the review. Aaron Velick General Manager

haymaj1
11/20/2014

"Morrie's 394 Hyundai truly, we did "buy happy""

I'm in my sixth decade- agewise; i've purchased a few cars. I'm cynical, o.k. I'm cynical about any advertisement that suggests I'll be HAPPY to lay out $17K for a machine. But Morrie was true to his word. We bought !!**HaPpY++**!!! at his 394 Hyundai dealership this past Saturday. How could this be, my husband and I are still asking ourselves? We got a great, reliable car ("Consumers Report" car issue - Hyundai Elantra) at a fair price. Our sales person, Steve Cherches, went over the new technology TWICE! Be prepared to actually ENJOY your car purchasing experience.

December 03, 2014

Great to hear! Thanks for the review. Aaron Velick General Manager

1st National Bank of Dad
11/12/2014

"Fairly priced car, still some old school sales methods"

I would visit this dealer again because I like Hyundai products, they sell them, and have a good selection of pre-owned Hyundai as well. The vehicle we purchased was fairly and competitively priced based on visiting other Hyundai stores with very similar models and mileage. Our sales rep (Jason, not listed below) was polite, attentive and eager to please. My criticisms are not at him, but more at the way the store is managed and at some policy and practices. As a buyer, don't get too, too excited about the "Buy Happy" promises. While useful and necessary to be competitive with the other big auto sales organizations in the Twin Cities (such as Luther, Walser, etc.) in practice it's not revolutionary and it's not a cure-all for some of the tactics that have plagued auto buying since the Model T Ford, And I've bought Luther, Penske and Walser-sold cars in the last five years, so I know of what I speak. - Practices like pulling your credit report from the drivers license copy you leave before a test drive, without your prior auth, then asking you at the end to sign an authorization to do so, even though you clearly stated you are paying cash or financing with your bank or credit union, are still going on. Morrie's Hyundai did it to me. Dealers have been pulling this trick and then asking you to sign the auth at the end of the deal forever, even though its clearly unethical, and probably doesn't even comply with the law, either. But unless someone audited their credit reports pulled against the credit auths signed, its probably impossible to detect. This is pretty low-grade stuff and I bet a lot of buyers just sign it, unquestioning, happy to get their car. - The old game of "I have to go ask my manager" on absolutely minor, nickel and dime details of the sale still goes on. Nonsense. If a service desk clerk at Wal Mart or Macy's is authorized to handle $25 - $50 - $100 fixes on modest consumer purchases, explain why a sales rep on a five figure auto has to see their manager about a $40 item. Lame, part of the same old auto sales mind game. This is not a sales rep problem, it's a retro auto sales MANAGEMENT failure. I long to hear, someday "I'm authorized to do that - my manager doesn't have to get involved until I get to $ XX" - Unless you actively say "No" several times at the rep's desk (as I did) , you can still expect to get hustled for dealer financing, outrageously expensive extended mechanical insurance policies, over priced fabric and paint protection packages, and more. This hasn't changed much in the last 35 years either. Once again, This is not a sales rep problem, it's a retro auto sales MANAGEMENT failure. Anybody who doesn't know that this is where a dealer can score huge margins on these add on items of the sale probably shouldn't be given a driver's license. - Reps need more than just "enough product knowledge to hook a customer enough to get the sale". I asked two reps in the showroom the same, easily verifiable product question about the 2015 Sonata, and got two wildly divergent answers. ("It's a ground up redesign!" and "Its a fresh look on the same floor pan!") Fortunately for the rep I bought my car from, he had the right answer. This is clearly an individual sales rep problem, but lack of product knowledge, is also a MANAGEMENT failure. If you don't know, say you don't know, rather than get trapped in a hyped-up lie.

Jason

Moosh
10/21/2014

"Morrie's 394 Hyundai "

From start to finish I had a genuinely fantastic experience! I'm a consumer that requires alot of patience and, at times, an amount of hand-holding. Working with Peter gave me the re-assurance that it didn't matter how long the process took. All that mattered was finding a car that worked best for me. The sales, financial and team leaders all cared about how best the process would work for me and I could not be happier with my experience there ! Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and always willing to help. The car I drove off the lot with has been wonderful to say the least! A HUGE thank you to all involved in my purchase!

October 22, 2014

Hello, We're happy to hear out staff, specifically Peter, as able to find the perfect vehicle for you and follow through with our Buy Happy experience. We look forward to see you again servicing your vehicle in the future! Sincerely, Terrance Hunter, Social Media Specialist Morrie's Automotive Group

Reviews of Kristin Hinker