Murray BMW of Denver

Winslow BMW of Colorado Springs

Schomp BMW

nomdustin
11/02/2014

"Very poor test drive experience"

Went for an X5 test drive. Got stuck with a 20-something salesperson who had no knowledge of the vehicle and, in fact, gave us erroneous information ( we knew more than he did about the vehicle). He and his manager used cliched sales tactics -- e.g., asked us "how can we earn your business today?" less than a minute after telling him that we weren't going to purchase for another few months. We are considering an X5 or Range Rover Sport and the experience at the Land Rover dealer was night and day better. Murray needs to up it's customer service/vehicle knowledge game quite considerably.

new employee Matt not listed above

November 14, 2014

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, as a valued customer your satisfaction is extremely important to us. The situation you are describing certainly does not fit with the high level of customer service that we aim to provide and I apologize for the inconvenience. I would like to speak with you personally in order to better understand your experience and work to help you find the perfect X5. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience, I can be reached at 303-359-0277 or my email Rax.Patel@murraymotors.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Rax Patel (General Manager)

taint fair
7/18/2014

"Tried to purchase a vehicle..."

This whole situation started in April of 2014. Murray had a 328xd Wagon on their lot that was almost exactly what we were looking for. We went to negotiate the price and the Sales Manager (Jason) was so proud of his product that he would only take $1000 off MSRP which was the current incentive. A couple months passed and they contacted me about maybe ordering a car. I told them that they still had the one we had looked at and we could talk numbers on that. After a few days they agreed to my terms which were $500 over invoice minus incentives, buy rate on the lease and no mark-up on the acquisition fee. I worked all of this out while I was on vacation. The only piece we did not discuss was a price on our trade. Upon return we went to the dealership to finalize everything. I had my current car appraised at CarMax prior to arrival so I was armed when we started discussing trade prices, but was ready to just sell the car to CarMax and not worry about the dealership. Once we arrived it quickly became apparent that they were stalling. On the way to the dealership they had shot a low-ball offer on our trade over email. We were at the dealership for over an hour and had not even made an attempt at any paperwork yet. They were dragging out the presentation of the car features, even though we were replacing an X5 and I drive a 535. It started to become obvious something was not right. I went inside while my wife continued her orientation to ask the CA (Connor) what was going on. He stated that they were waiting for the final numbers, etc. Even though we had already signed and emailed an agreed upon deal. I queried what the status of the trade was also, which the answer from the manager was they were waiting for a response from the used car manager. He also told me that the quote we received in transit may not even be accurate and started to drop the price on the trade. The dealership was now offering me $1500 less than CarMax for my trade. At this point I confronted the CA and manager telling them that it appeared we had been brought in here and the terms of the deal are changing. We also had to drive 1.5 hours to get here, so it was not a small feat on our part. I also told him that it felt as if they were trying to take advantage of us by continually increasing their profit. I then stated that I did not drive all this way to not receive the deal that I had signed. The managers response to this was, "I'm not the one who drove up here." At this point I decided that we were not going to be purchasing a car from then that day. I grabbed my wife out of the car, where she was still being oriented, and we left. The CA followed us out, and apologized. He stated that he still wanted to keep our business. I thanked him and we left. The following day I tried to call the CA to further apologize for what had transpired, but my calls were not received. I also followed up with an email relating that my apologies and took credit for some of what had transpired. I also laid out a way to make this transaction occurred which included getting a ride from CarMax after selling our vehicle and coming straight in to sign paperwork. After the deal was complete we could have the BMW Genius deliver the car. This email was never responded to. Murray also dropped the online price of the car $300 less than the "best deal" they could offer us the day prior after we left. We then went to our local BMW dealer and asked them if they thought they could transfer the car. My wife was upset that she had agreed to purchase a car and started to become attached to it. Winslow BMW did an outstanding job of getting the car transferred into their stock. But, Murray still had one underhanded trick left. The morning our CA at Winslow was going to personally drive to Denver to move the car to Colorado Springs for delivery Murray BMW called, they decided to sell the car. This car was sold when it was already in Winslow BMW's stock, so they had agreed to give the car to Winslow. This all happened on 10 Jul. To this day the car we were interested in remains online for sale on Murray BMW's website. This was the worst car buying experience ever! I will never even consider Murray BMW for another purchase.

Connor Hanlon

July 24, 2014

Hi there, I want to thank you for choosing Murray BMW of Denver for your car buying needs and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Customer service is our number one goal and your input allows us to better understand your individual needs. As a valued customer your satisfaction is our priority. The situation you described certainly does not fit the high level of customer service that we aim to provide and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have incurred during this interaction. I would also like to speak with you personally in order to fully understand the circumstances and to help get you in the BMW that is right for you. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at (303) 639-7984 or my email Rax.Patel@murraymotors.com. Regards, Rax Patel (General Manager)

ski1856
4/09/2014

"Murray BMW is great"

I went to Murray to purchase a used BMW. The salesman I had was Sammy. Sammy was very friendly and willing to do what ever it took to keep me pleased. Sammy not only gave me a great deal he also bend over backwards to accommodate all of my additional requests that day. He helped me return my rental car, he personally washed, detailed, and fueled up my new car, and he helped to facilitate getting the dealer to include all the necessary repairs and replacements taken care of at the time of sale. Sammy and Murray BMW are the best. I will definitely send my friends and family to see Sammy in the future, and when I am ready for a new BMW I will be coming back. Thank you Sammy and Murray BMW of Denver!

Sammy

EricAllums
1/24/2014

"Brought in a m6 for an oil change,see why engine light is..."

Brought in a m6 for an oil change,see why engine light is on.Install 2010 headlamp assemblys I bought from parts department. Service advisor recommends brake fluid change. the headlamp assembly they said would fit don't fit they charged me 10 percent restocking fee. change the brake fluid, brake peddle is so spongy, after having the car for 3 weeks I go to pick the car up in its filthy.Please explore other options before doing bussiness with Murry Bmw. They are starving for leadership.The consumer always loses.It really is not worth the aggravation. I was brought up in the automotive business, and I can tell you there's no pride at this dealership, it shows in so many different levels.

Burke in service,Bobby parts manager,Rex Pattell Bmw Manager

Canadian_in_Denver
12/19/2013

"I purchased a used vehicle (2010 Lexus RX350) from Murray..."

I purchased a used vehicle (2010 Lexus RX350) from Murray BMW of Denver on November 18th, 2013. I am very unhappy with the service at the dealership – please see the Fact Pattern below: • It was agreed that the purchase price of the vehicle (out the door) would be $32,500 • I wired this amount to the dealership before I arrived on November 18th, 2013 • On November 18th, when I arrived at the dealership, the necessary paperwork was completed and I took delivery of the vehicle; however, the dealership indicated that my payment was $20 short • I had no proof of my total payment with me, so I paid the extra $20 • Upon arriving back home (in Canada), I asked my bank the amount of money that was wired for the car purchase – my bank indicated $32,500 (and they also gave me a statement indicating this fact) • I contacted the sales person Ahmed (“Sammy”) Naimi and also send over the bank statement that indicated I paid the agreed upon price of $32,500 • What had happened is that the bank used by Murray BMW charged a $20 service fee that I ended up paying for • I have called/e-mailed Sammy many times for the re-imbursement of the $20; however, each time I am rebuffed and the money has not been returned • Sammy agrees that the money should be returned, but I have yet to see the repayment While it is only $20.00, it is the principle of the matter – this dealership essentially stole $20 from me and refuses to pay it back. I will never go to this dealership again and I would not recommend this dealership to my worst enemy.

Ahmad ("Sammy") Naimi

December 19, 2013

Dear Canadian in Denver: Thank you for leaving a review of our dealership as we appreciate any & all feedback. We have forwarded your review to our management team and they informed us that your check is currently in the process of being mailed. Should you have any further questions in regards to this, please call our dealership at (303) 759-3400 & ask for Chris Neira, our BMW Pre-Owned Sales Manager. Thank you and we look forward to serving your needs in the future.

Crossow
3/21/2013

"Beware!! I purchased a car from Murray that they claimed..."

Beware!! I purchased a car from Murray that they claimed was brand new even though the manager had driven it for 200 miles. What they don't tell you is that Murray puts these cars "In Service" with BMW when the manager first drove it. This activates the beginning of the warranty period. Since the car sat on their lot for 6 months prior to me purchasing, the warranty was cut short by 6 months. They did not mark this anywhere on the purchase forms or tell me this until the warranty ran out 6 months early. My salesperson was John Armstrong.

John Armstrong

jpapke
9/19/2012

"Malcolm was great during my entire car buying process. ..."

Malcolm was great during my entire car buying process. Very honest and pleasant to work with. I would recommend him and this dealership to anyone interested in buying a new or used car.

Malcolm Hirsh

Rmulstay
7/17/2012

"Amos was very professional and his follow up with me was..."

Amos was very professional and his follow up with me was impeccable. I am really impressed with his service and will go out of my way to refer business his way. The car was delivered on time with a professional clean. I look forward to purchasing another car from Amos in the future. Ryan Mulstay

Amos skies

Vdellanno
6/30/2012

"Having mechanical work being done on your car at Murray?..."

Having mechanical work being done on your car at Murray? They will either not do the work they say or it will be done poorly. Disagree with them and they will call you a liar. Avoid at all costs.

No longer at dealership

joefabitz
6/29/2012

"I purchased my '12 535I Xdrive from Murray in June and..."

I purchased my '12 535I Xdrive from Murray in June and the experience was perfect. I dealt with Todd, Ben, and Lloyd and they couldn't have been more professional. I will buy my future cars from them. Please feel free to read the details of the process I took in order to get the best deal from Murray. My process for purchasing a new 535i was to get several quotes from competing dealers. I began my experience with Murray's competitor who advertises, "We sell more new and pre-owned BMW's than anyone else in the Rocky Mountain Region". I explained the process to them: I was going to get a quote from them first, then Murray second and in the end, I would go with the best price. During the process of several visits, the competitor displayed the highest levels of arrogance and continuously downgraded Murray any chance they could get. I continuously heard from them that Murray had hidden fees (not true), and they could not come anywhere close to the pricing that they could provide (definitely not true!). Instead of focusing on their strengths, they made every effort to try and level the playing field by bashing Murray. It really turned me off and it was the typical cheesy "used car salesmanship" approach. In the last stage of the quote process at this dealer, "Finance Guy" tried several high pressure attempts close the deal instead of allowing me to pursue of the process of getting a quote from Murray. Finance Guy also tried some tricky finance practices on me, taking away BMW discounts, higher interest rates etc. I told him I was completing my process and going to Murray, to which he responded that I would be wasting my time and his by going to Murray (yes, he said I would be wasting "his" time). I went to Murray the following weekend. They readily beat the competitor's price by more than $1,000. There were no hidden fees. Additionally, they provided me a significantly lower financing rate with a local bank. Not once did they mention anything about their competitor. I recognize both Lloyd and Ben at Murray as the 2 most professional Sales associates I have ever worked with. My buying experience at Murray was perfect. I would suggest that you take the same approach. Get a quote from the dealer who advertises "We sell more new and pre-owned BMW's than anyone else in the Rocky Mountain Region", and then take it to Murray.

Ben Uher, Todd Bondy, Lloyd Giffen