Palmer Dodge Chrysler Jeep

Mike Gebhardt, Internet Sales, Palmer Dodge Chrysler Jeep

Mike Gebhardt

Internet Sales

November 21, 2016

"These people are not honest or trustworthy"

- Clark

Ok, here's what happened. Went to the dealer on Saturday afternoon to look at a used truck. Had called early and spoke to the used car manager (Jay) who said the truck was available and they were flexible on price. Went to the dealer, test drove the truck and made an offer to buy. The salesman (Dustin) came back with a poor counter offer, which I countered again. Sales person suggested that he will talk to manager first thing Sunday am and call me around 11:00 with a price. No call came so I called Dustin around noon to discuss price. He said that they had a lot of money in the truck from trade in and gave me the best they could do for price. I agreed on their price and asked Dustin to write it up and I will be up there in an hour or 2 to pay for the vehicle once my wife can take me there. I called an hour and 15 minutes later as we were leaving for the dealership. Dustin advises me that they sold the truck to someone else who just showed up, even after we had agreed on price. I was told "he was there" and "I wasn't", despite the fact I agreed to their price and was on my way to get the truck. I would have expected a call from the manager to confirm my desire to buy the truck before they sold it to someone else. I was told I would receive a call from the manager to explain, but have heard nothing. These folks are unbelievable. They could careless what had just happened and showed little regard for the agreement we had struck. I will never do business with these folks again and hope that other shoppers take their business elsewhere as these people certainly could care less.

November 09, 2016

"Best dealership in town! "

- Fennigans

Kurt Taylor was very honest and worked hard to get me financed. Easy going atmosphere! Everyone is so willing to help and very courteous. I will use Palmer Dodge in the future for all of my car purchases.

November 03, 2016

"HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! AVOID THIS SCAMMY DEALERSHIP!"

- Hemi2016

I urge everyone to avoid Palmer Dodge in Roswell, GA. My experience was truly horrible, and I hope that this review saves others from a similar experience to the disastrous experience I had. Please see my review on Yelp (I'm from Norton, Ohio -- mine is one of the first reviews). My review also contains a photo of the big scratches in the door and body of the brand new car I purchased from this fleabag 1-star dealership. There are also numerous 1-star reviews for this dealership on Yelp which reflects the dissatisfaction of many of their customers with regard to sales and service. I purchased a 2016 Dodge Charger R/T on 9/9/16. The car was supposed to be new. After signing all of the paperwork and waiting 2 additional hours for the vehicle to be detailed, they finally brought the car out to me. I walked around it and sure enough, there was a big scratch on the passenger rear door and 2 on the adjacent quarter panel. Obviously someone at the dealership had been careless. The person who detailed the vehicle knew the scratches were there as did the salesman and manager. But of course they all hoped I wouldn't notice. Well I did notice and showed it to the salesman, who had the manager come out. I took a photo and the manager told me they would pay my local body shop in Ohio to have to have it repaired. At the time, I thought it was just a simple touch up but it ended up that the entire door and quarter had to be repainted. When I brought the vehicle to my local body shop, the owner inspected the vehicle and gave me the bad news: The door and quarter would need to be repainted -- the scratches could not just be touched up; and the entire rear bumper had been repainted prior to sale, and incorrectly, so that there were small black lines where the bumper meets the quarter, and there were dirt nibs on the underside of the bumper because whoever did the repair had not cleaned it properly prior to repainting it. I'M NOT EVEN DONE YET. On top of all of that, the driver's side rear door had been dinged and there was a plastic trim piece inside the driver's side rear door that was not on correctly. This is how Palmer Dodge gave me the vehicle after all of the paperwork had been signed. I was willing to accept the vehicle based only on the scratches and what I thought would be a simple touch up but I never would have accepted the vehicle had I known the true extent of the damage and that the rear bumper had been repainted (incorrectly, as it turned out) and would need yet another repaint. After I got the vehicle home (a 700-mile drive), I took it to my local Chrysler dealership's collision center and they provided an estimate of almost $1400.00 to repair everything. Yes, you read that right...1400 DOLLARS TO REPAIR A SUPPOSEDLY BRAND NEW CAR. Palmer Dodge agreed to pay for the repair, as they should have, because they knew they were wrong in all of this. But not once did they ever offer to compensate me for the now diminished value of this repainted vehicle, or for my inconvenience, my stress, and the emotional toll this has taken on me. My brand new car that I worked so hard for and waited so long to purchase, and this is what Palmer did to a customer. They keep telling me about Georgia state law that allows them to do this, that and the other. That is their defense. They have no interest in taking responsibility for their actions, for committing fraud, for lying to me, and selling me a car that was not actually new. New cars should not have parts repainted after the factory paint job, and dings, scratches and trim pieces incorrectly installed. I have not even mentioned the terrible job the detailer did -- the car was brought out with stuff still on the carpet and white flecks all over the dash on the passenger side near the a/c vent. I had to re-vacuum the car and scrub the white flecks off myself. I hope by now that whoever is reading this is getting the full picture of just how scammy and dishonest and horrible Palmer Dodge really is. A good dealership would not only abide by the law but would do everything it could to deliver a vehicle in the condition it should be in at delivery. If I wanted a repainted car, I'd have bought a used car that had had paint work. All I wanted was a new car -- one that had no defects or issues, and that still had all the factory paint! Now I am stuck with this car and the payments because Georgia law does not allow me to return the vehicle based on these issues. I've spoken with numerous people and spent hours on websites researching this, and I believe I have a claim against this dealership. So I will be filing a lawsuit for diminished value and punitive damages for inconvenience, stress, and for the emotional toll this has taken on me. On top of all of that, my brand new car sat in the body shop for a week, which meant I could not drive it and enjoy my new car in the good weather. And Palmer couldn't care less about any of this. Their attitude is, we paid for the repairs and that should be the end of it. We do not care about diminished value, your inconvenience, your stress or your emotions. All we care about is, we got another car off the lot. I want to also mention that KIMBERLY, who works in the title department at Palmer Dodge, is a crass person who is difficult to deal with, argumentative, and who does not know how to do her job properly. Kimberly sent me a tax check to give to my local title bureau that was made out to the wrong party and she actually argued with the lady in the title office and with me about whose mistake it was. She doesn't take any responsibility for her mistakes and blames everyone else. She fits in perfectly at Palmer, where they lie and scam and make errors and take no responsibility except doing the bare minimum. To anyone reading this, please do yourself a favor and avoid Palmer Dodge in Roswell, GA. Thornton Chrysler in Lithia Springs is only 30 minutes away. I'm sure you can get a much better deal there AND you'd end up with a new car that actually IS a new car -- and without it needing $1400 in paint and body work!!!!!

Photos