Park Place Volvo Dallas

3515 Inwood Road,
Dallas, Texas 75209
Park Place Volvo Dallas Info
About Park Place Volvo Dallas

Park Place Volvo is the winner of DealerRater's 2014 Volvo Dealer of the Year award for the State of Texas and the Volvo dealership of convenience serving Dallas and Fort Worth. Our dealership offers a wide selection of Volvos and exceptional car values - on both new cars and pre-owned cars. If you are interested in a lease car or financing your auto, please inquire about our competitive rates. Park Place Volvo is also the Dallas/Fort Worth area’s most convenient car dealer for auto repair and genuine Volvo replacement parts, located just south of Dallas’ Love Field. The Park Place Volvo car dealership is part of the Park Place family of dealerships, one of the premier auto dealers in Texas - offering all the benefits of more than 25 years of award-winning service. You’ll appreciate our experienced and highly-trained sales associates, who will give you all the expert advice and personal attention you deserve. You’ll also appreciate Park Place Volvo’s commitment to superior repair work, with Master-certified technicians using the latest in high-tech service equipment - ensuring that you always receive the best, most reliable service possible. Stop in today, and see why Park Place is the safe bet in Dallas Volvo dealerships.

About Park Place Volvo Dallas Learn More

• Complimentary WiFi
  • Parts Boutique
Calypso
6/29/2016

"Very Professional & Honest Business"

I recently purchased my first luxury car (Jaguar) from Marc Young at Park Place Volvo. My purchase was completed from out of town and I was very hesitant to do so, especially the type of vehicle I was purchasing. I would have preferred test driving the vehicle in person prior to completing a sale. However, Marc was very upfront and honest with providing details of the car and responded to all of my questions in a timely manner. After comparing the details to 4 similar vehicles from other out of town dealers, I decided to trust Marc's word on the vehicle he had. When the vehicle was delivered, it was exactly how he described and I couldn't have been more pleased. Thanks Marc!

June 30, 2016

Hello, Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us of your positive experience with Marc Young! We know that buying a car sight-unseen can be a stressful process, and we endeavor to provide you with as much detail as possible so that you are completely confident in your purchase decision. We're glad to hear that your car arrived in the condition Marc described. Please let us or Marc know if there is anything further we may do to assist you!

Zqueen
6/22/2016

"Bought used covertible Mercedes "

Mariette was wonderful and very helpful for the purchase. It went very smooth and quickly. The car was a low milage Mercedes in perfect condition, I am really enjoying my first convertible. Thank you Mariette! ~Tanya

CKH2016
6/13/2016

"To many lies and flip flops"

I really wanted to keep in my frustration with my Park Place Volvo experience but with everything that happened, I believe consumers should be aware. To make things short, I personally think Joe Barbee could care less about customers concerns and Germaine, was right there beside him. With the information I received and the discussions we had, it makes me wonder how many of their other customers have missed out on hundreds maybe thousands of dollars worth of savings. So now for the details. I am a young buyer who was interested in 2 different vehicles. After coming to the conclusion that this dealership didn't have a brand new vehicle (of either type) that suited my needs, I was just going to move on. After speaking with Joe briefly on the phone, I decided to take a chance on a loaner vehicle that they had up for sale. Luckily, this vehicle was just under its mileage where they could still lease it. So I went to the negotiating table with both a lease and purchase possibility. After the first offer, I received lease terms and a purchase price. I asked some questions that EVERYONE should ask when getting leasing terms. (I.E. MONEY FACTOR!!, what's the money down, is first month included or not, Tax, Title, License, all Dealer Fees, etc.) After receiving the answers from Joe, I did the simple lease math and found that this deal was terrible for a car that is considered used. (As an update, they still have this vehicle advertised in their used car web page) The funny thing was they stated "This is a great lease for a vehicle that has a sticker price of $46,970.00!" Well, last time I checked a) no one should pay sticker price for any vehicle and b) you surely shouldn't be comparing a service loaner to a new vehicle. People, until you do the simple math don't believe anything they say. I brought it up to them that their numbers were funny but they stated they were using multiple factors to come up with the lease numbers. After reviewing the terms once more I still wasn't happy but I noticed they set a purchase price that was close to a market value purchase price. So I asked them if I could purchase the car and gave them my counter offer. They immediately said no. Then, Joe had the audacity to say "I get a sense that budget is a big concern for you. I’ve stripped all the profit out of this deal because we need to get the car sold and it is getting close to the end of the month." Isn't that just the stereotypical car salesman statement. With that, I knew I was getting judged because I was young but I was smart enough to realize his profit statement was a complete lie. After this, I was bored one night so I went back in and gave Joe and Germaine the chance to explain their numbers in detail. At one point, I stated that "guys it's simple math and your numbers don't add up" but Joe had the gut to say "I've had engineers try to figure out leases and they just can't." In the end, their explanations were awful and they still weren't being truthful with the numbers. I let them know it appears we won't be able to make a deal and left. With that, I soon received another offer the next morning. This time, Joe made the statement "This is a take it or leave it deal at this price. You must lease to get this price. My preowned director says this the ABSOLUTE lowest he will go because he has already made arrangements to put it back in loaner status." I was shocked that it was being demanded that I could only lease it now. I said what the heck and glanced at the numbers again. I saw they lowered the purchase price yet again. Great! That's what should happen. As always, I dug deeper into the numbers and again things weren't adding up with the terms that had been discussed. In all honesty, this offer was no more different from the last deal. It appears they did some number flipping and all numbers lead back to the MONEY FACTOR. Yet again I was frustrated with their number flipping and inability to be transparent so I waited a couple days. I decided to give them another chance to explain their numbers so I went back in. I spoke with Joe for maybe 5 minutes and the rest of the time he gave me to Germaine. It was obvious Joe didn't want to sit and talk or even care about my needs/concerns. Instead he went and socialized with another sales consultant. I sat with Germaine and we discussed the deals that were on the table and how the numbers weren't adding up. In the end, Germaine finally brought out the Dealer Detailed Invoice Accounting Sheet (or whatever name they give it), as predicted, they lied about the money factor. What they show you on the desk computer isn't the full detail. What's on that sheet from the Finance Office is all the detail and Joe didn't want to be there when he brought it out. I asked earlier in the process what it was and they switched it to a higher number. That's how they could lower the purchase price but keep the deal the same in the background. Not catching this would have lost me a big chunck of change. Once I caught this, Germaine gave me a fairly quick and lousy apology for the mistake that Joe made. Germaine even stated they don't like to bring that sheet out to show customers. I guess if you don't like transparency I can see why you don't like to. He said he would now lease it to me at the early stated money factor. At this point I said I've put enough effort into this and I would just like to purchase the car around the lease purchase price. Again, I was denied. With all the problems this process brought, this was they least they could do to make a customer happy. He said he can't do that because he would be losing significant money on the car and that his boss would not approve of the sale. I had enough of our discussions and it was obvious they didn't want to come to any deal. I decided it was best to leave. I didn't even get a handshake from Joe when I left. This showed me customer service is below him and the dealership. Germaine and especially Joe are a representation of Park Place. Volvo is still a great car manufacturer so if you like Volvo's, please just make sure you do your due diligence during the sales process so you don't get screwed out of the savings you deserve. I think deep down, Park Place Volvo is still a great dealership. I just think there are some bad apples in the bunch. Since I'm a young professional who just moved to the area, I was looking forward to building a relationship with a truthful dealer here in Dallas. I now have no problem taking my business somewhere else now. If you're a consumer interested in a Volvo from Park Place and have questions, feel free to post below. As an update: The vehicle is their only S60 Cross Country on the lot. The cars VIN# is YV4612UM1G2000150. When I made my first intro visit to the store the vehicle had an advertised sticker price of $37,983 hanging in the car and on various websites. Before I went in again, after the 1st offer, they had changed the advertised price on various web sites to $36,994 . I also noted this change when I went in. This same vehicle, which is still on their lot, now has an online advertise price of $38,994 . Regardless of what they try and tell you, nowhere on any advertisement or car listing does it say the advertised price includes the current rebates. To add, this vehicle also has more miles on it then they advertise online. With all these price switches and blatant dishonesty, I hope no one in the city is fooled by them and over pays for a niche vehicle like this one...let alone any Volvo vehicle. If you are a consumer that is interested in this vehicle I just talked about, don't let them lease it to you for anything over $32.5K and don't let them even try to sell it to you for anything above $34K. If you lease the vehicle watch the money factor/Buy factor. Supposedly that is the lowest they said they could go which again, I think is far from the truth. I didn't care that I didn't get the car but I don't want to see this same situation happen to other consumers down the road.

June 13, 2016

We price our vehicles according to market and like to keep the negotiation process as simple as possible. Unfortunately, Germaine and Joe were offering the fairest price they could for the vehicle in question, and we simply could not come to an agreement during the negotiation process. Germaine has contacted you personally to discuss your experiences further and hopefully better understand your perspective. We appreciate your feedback.

Will R.
5/31/2016

"Highly recommend"

Recently purchased my second Volvo from Mariette Picca at Park Place Volvo. After purchasing my first Volvo from Mariette in 2006, I returned to the dealership because I was so impressed with the excellent service and honest approach she had provided. Mariette is not only extremely knowledgeable but is patient and accommodating, spending time setting up my Bluetooth on the new car and getting me comfortable with all the great features. I highly recommend Mariette and Park Place Volvo.

kbmclaugh
5/31/2016

"Overall Great Car Buying Experience"

My husband and I had stopped in once before with our young son to just browse the vehicle options, so when I came back during the week I was hoping for a quick visit. Ryan was very helpful and informative without being too pushy. He talked through all of the car's features while answering my questions and did the same thing when my husband came to see the car later that week. When we made our decision, Ryan helped speed up the buying process and actually made it enjoyable. Our past experience at other dealerships was not nearly as pleasant and the purchase process was extremely slow, so buying from Park Place Volvo and Ryan Killough was a breath of fresh air. I look forward to working with Ryan again down the road.

May 31, 2016

Hello, We're so pleased that you experienced the Park Place Volvo commitment to an exceptional dealership visit when working with Ryan Killough. We strive to make your purchase as efficient as possible, without the high-pressure sales tactics you might've endured elsewhere. We look forward to working with you again as well!

johnshelburg
5/24/2016

"Great Dealer Experience"

Made to process to buy a new XC90 very easy and fast which based on my prior experience at another local dealer is saying a lot. Mariette Picca cut through the process and got me out the door in an hour or less with no hassle. She handled all of the paperwork for me and was professional about the add-ons pitch. Great experience.

cshart
5/18/2016

" Hi-Yo, Silver! Away!"

Park Place once again delivers a strong calibre of professionalism and camaraderie . My sales dynamo, Marc Young, did not leave one stone unturned to perfection. I would also like to thank Ray Jimenez the service assistant manger, Albert Herrera, and the incredible Pit Crew for keeping my previous Volvo in tip top shape.

Steve Levi
Rico Reyna

Need4Speed
5/18/2016

"Great car buying experience with Park Place Volvo"

After finding a car I was interested online, I went to to the dealership to check it out. I was met by Ryan who was exceptional to deal with. Ryan was clearly passionate and knowledgable about cars in general and made the buying experience very pleasurable. He did not try any high pressure tactics or try to sell a more expensive car that I did not want. I have purchased several vehicles from other dealerships and this was by far the best experience. After a quick test drive, Ryan made the paperwork process very easy and pain-free (which is uncommon at most dealers). I would not hesitate to purchase another from park place Volvo. I highly recommend purchasing a car from Ryan if you get the opportunity to do so.

May 18, 2016

Hello, We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such kind words about Ryan! At Park Place Volvo, we value your time, and that's why we strive to make your whole experience as seamless and stress-free as possible. We're pleased that Ryan was able to do so for you, and appreciate your recommendation!

Volvo Girl 65
5/12/2016

"Best Car-Buying Experience Ever!"

Mariette Picca is the salesperson to meet. She found us on the lot and came over and introduced herself. We were looking for a car but not particularly a Volvo. We thought them too expensive and maintenance another bank breaker. Were we surprised. We found new cars actually on sale! We had already been to four dealerships and were on our way to another when we decided to look at Volvos. After that we didn't look at any other cars because I knew I would buy a Volvo. The next week we looked at the website everyday. By Thursday we had picked our car. After work Friday we went to purchase the car. When we arrived, Mariette had it ready and the process was seamless. No haggling and especially no, "I have to talk to my manager" over and over again. I always hated that part! It was almost like going to the grocery store. Picked out the car, made the down payment, signed the papers and drove home. I have never had a car buying experience like that one. Mariette's salesmanship and customer service sealed the deal. Before we left we felt really comfortable with everyone at the dealership. Thank you for such a great car-buying experience. I give Mariette FIVE stars.

May 13, 2016

Hello, We are so grateful for the kind words! We're happy to hear that after your four visits to other dealerships, you found the service and professionalism of Mariette to be refreshing. At Park Place Volvo, we believe in a no-hassle car-buying experience, without a lot of back-and-forth. We look forward to seeing you on your first service visit!

MBone
5/10/2016

"Great car buying experience"

Was looking for a Mercedes-Benz with my daughter and happened to find one on the Internet that piqued our interest at Park Place Volvo. We looked at a few cars on the lot, found the vehicle we were interested in, walked into the showroom, and asked Mariette if she could help us. She told us about the vehicle, offered my daughter an extended test drive, went through the pricing, trade-in, and completed the sale without any of the usual back and forth sales tactics. Mariette was a pleasure to work with and I would recommend others to seek her out at this dealership.

May 10, 2016

Hello, We're happy to hear that you and your daughter had a great car-buying experience with Mariette Picca! At Park Place Volvo, we strive to provide you with a hassle-free transaction, without the extended time spent in the dealership. Thank you for your recommendation!

Reviews of Mariette Picca