Pikes Peak Acura

Bret Bender

Bryn Davis, Sales Consultant, Pikes Peak Acura

Bryn Davis

July 09, 2017

"Poor Unprofessional dealership and Treatment"

- CM

We agree with some of the other reviewers that Pikes Peak Acura deserves less than 1 star. It is shocking to us that a luxury car company would treat their consumers so poorly. We experienced several issues during the purchase of our 2017 Acura RDX in March of this year at Pikes Peak Acura. We will reference just a few. From the beginning we advised both Jim (senior sales person) and Alex that any final price discussed must include tax, license and a 7 year 100,000 mile zero deductible extended warranty. They agreed with this and it was noted on the form where the price was negotiated back and forth. We agreed on a final price for the purchase of a new RDX and the trade in for our 2013 Honda Accord. Prior to going to finance to complete all the paperwork, we discovered the price did not include the extended warranty and Jim said we would have to talk to finance about the warranty. We then met with James, the finance manager. From the start he was visibly upset, rude and unprofessional. James did not want to discuss the extended warranty. After the deal was concluded, we discovered there was no extended warranty. When reviewing the contract, we noticed the sales tax amount was inaccurate – by several percentage points. When we pointed this out, James stated, you have to pay the difference (which was about $900). We said no, our negotiated price was out the door with all tax and fees. He argued with us and we had to go through the sales manager Bret to get this corrected. If we had not done so, we would have been stuck paying $900 dollars more than the agreed price. James completed the rest of the paperwork and asked us to sign it, which we did. However, James refused to sign the contract stating someone else will on Monday. We argued that without their signature there was not a valid contract. Again we had to argue and finally the sales manager came over, agreed with us and signed the contract. Be sure to confirm their process for sending in the necessary paperwork to DMV – they didn’t tell us and we had to call to figure out when the paperwork was sent and what we were supposed to do. Due to all the problems, we contacted Acura via email and had to follow up with Honda Corporation (the parent company of Acura). Unfortunately, they state the dealerships are independently owned and we had to go through the dealership. Acura/Honda could not force the dealership to resolve the matter. There is a big push for you to activate AcuraLink, which can provide assistance in emergency and other situations, etc. Unfortunately, after several telephone calls with AcuraLink trying to find out what they do with the information from tracking your vehicle via GPS, two customer service representatives stated they capture, keep and provide this information to affiliates. No one could clarify it further. As with the dealership, these individuals were overwhelmingly unprofessional and rude. If you cancel your account, they refuse to send you any documentation, email, etc. which leaves the question of whether not they are still tracking you travel and they will not confirm one way or another. We have no intent to ever purchase a vehicle from Pikes Peak Acura and would never had purchased this vehicle if we would have had any idea of the problems and treatment we were going to receive. This is the worst experience we have had with a dealership – new or used – and parent company/manufacturer in our lifetime.

Bret Bender
2.0
Jim Williams
Other Employees : James - Finance

June 07, 2017

"Revised previous review"

- TTTRanch

I purchased a car over 5 weeks ago that was repaired before being delivered to my home. I was charged just under $1000 and never received the receipt or invoice. I have called 6 different times and have spoken to 3 different people and they still can't give me my invoice. I want to see what my charges were and for what! I think there is some fraud going on here.

Steve Hunt

May 24, 2017

"Great people great service"

- Chavez

Well I was out shopping for my GMC Sierra I was just driving through the lot seen two of them one had the price the other one didn't went in for price on a second Sierra from that point on. Great service very friendly they worked very hard to get my business and give me a great deal this is an awesome place to shop for your next vehicle good people thank you very much for everything you did for me

Dan McCool