Pleasantville Ford Inc.

Makes: Ford|Service Center

Average

Pleasantville Ford Inc.
Pleasantville Ford Inc. Info

"Avoid this service department"

I had a very poor experience with repairing my 2005 Freestar. I see a theme in these reviews with the quality of work from the service department. I was billed for a computer replacement, but I don't think it was replaced. I had to return with the same symptoms, and that's when the computer was replaced. They said we put in a different one just in case, and charged me an additional $300 to replace a wire from the computer to the transmission. So $1500 later, I was warned by Frank, the service manager, that if there are any more symptoms, it's got to be something else. Well, two days later, same problem. So basically, they got $1500 from me by guessing about the problem. They would have taken more to try to find another problem, but I traded in the Ford for a Honda. I even tried to talk to the general manager, leaving two messages about replacing the van with an Explorer, but didn't get one call back. No more Ford's for this buyer, and certainly not from Pleasantville Ford.

Frank, Wayne

"Charged more than competitive Ford dealerships. Service..."

Charged more than competitive Ford dealerships. Service desk a little gratuitous but ok on intake and payment. Service mgr in back lot has got a major attitude problem. Misdiagnosed problem and so had to pay twice to had to fix. Overall the worst repair experience I've had in 20 years in Northern Westchester. AVOID if you can.

Service Manager

"My parents bought a car from Vinnie DeGloria who is an..."

My parents bought a car from Vinnie DeGloria who is an excellent salesman. He spent countless hours doing everything he could to make this a great car buying experience for my parents. They are 70 years old and GM fans, until they spent time with Vinny. My father said this was hands down his best car buying experience ever, and he has bought many new cars. Thanks for all of your help at Pleasantville Ford.

Vinny DeGloria

"Went there to lease a new Ford. I had a pretty good idea..."

Went there to lease a new Ford. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted, so that part was easy. Dealt with Cheryl and found her to be incredibly personable and helpful. No pressure, very knowledgeable. Patiently answered all my questions. Got me the exact car I wanted, and delivered it on schedule. Spent all the time I needed going over the (numerous!) features of the car. Overall, extremely happy with the experience. I haven't brought it in for service yet, so I can't comment on the service experience.

Cheryl

"No pressure, friendly atmosphere, family owned &..."

No pressure, friendly atmosphere, family owned & operated. Pick up timely, painless - never felt rushed or pressured at any point in the process. Dealership is actually a dog friendly place! Not a game breaker, but instead of leaving our dog in the car while we conducted business, he got to come in and visit with the sales staff. I almost think we got the deal we did because of his little puppy eyes. Price was a very generous chunk off the sticker. No quality of work rating, haven't gone for service yet. Overall, it is a modestly sized operation where the people all made you feel comfortable. No warehouse style dealership where you feel lost.

Pete Miceli & Bob

"I made a service appointment with Pleasantville Ford over..."

I made a service appointment with Pleasantville Ford over two weeks before dropping of my work vehicle, 2008 ford Escape. Despite the appointment, it took the service department three days to diagnose the problem, then another few days to 'order parts' for a fairly common repair. To add insult to injury, The service manager would not provide an invoice for the work to my company so the $2000 bill could be paid by the company. Instead, I got to pay the bill and wait 6 months for reimbursement. When I picked up the repaired vehicle, I learned that it was used for coffee runs. I found the receipts and creamers in the center console drink holder! I was unable to complete my job while they held the vehicle for their coffee runs.

Gary

"Unscrupulous Dealership! Buyer Beware! I placed a..."

Unscrupulous Dealership! Buyer Beware! I placed a security deposit with Pleasantville Ford, New York, to buy a new car. When I later tried to cancel the purchase and get a refund, as was my right to do so, the dealership started lying and stalling me about all kinds of delays and sad stories. They were actually waiting for the car to be manufactured and delivered, so that I would become liable for it! Now I am taking them to court to get my money back! Don't make the mistake of using them like I did!!!

Ralph Othouse