Prestman Auto

Kentson Car Company

Harrison Imports - Bountiful

Robmoritz
4/03/2015

"THE Place to get the most for your money!"

Last month I was looking for a 2015 Sienna XLE with All Wheel Drive for my wifey. Turns out: that's a fairly pricey automobile, but it's hard to locate any used 2014's with low mileage, in the color she wanted and with AWD. Fortunately, I found exactly that 1500 miles away from our home in Kansas City at Prestman Auto in Utah -- with only 13,000 miles and priced at least $12,000 less than a new one! And it was at a dealership that had 206 out of 213 people highly recommending them, with a 4.8 average out of 5 stars possible on Cars.com. That level of satisfaction across the board is practically unprecedented. I talked with the sales manager Marshall on the phone, who was extremely helpful in getting me all the details on the minivan. He then had one of his best sales associates, Travis Cheesman, follow up with me and continue to help. As it turns out, both are top quality folks I'm completely happy to recommend to others. I flew out to Salt Lake City, and Travis met me at the airport. "The guy looks like Leonardo DiCaprio during his Titanic years" was my first thought. Throughout the entire process and the followup after I got back home, Travis has continued to earn my respect and trust as someone I can confidently refer to others. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Dave in finance as well, who got me a Platinum level warranty to cover me through the first 100,000 miles. Some might ask how Prestman can offer deals good enough to fly 1500 miles and spend a week's vacation driving home through Colorado (which was totally fun, by the way... And if you haven't ever skied Utah, that's an added bonus!) They take a car that has been in an accident, and restore it to factory specifications and like-new condition. In my case the Sienna XLE had only been hit from behind, so they replaced everything damaged to be like new, and put it through a 150 point inspection to make sure everything is running great. Yes, it has a branded/salvage title, and that can of course affect the eventual resale value -- but I fully expect it to run every bit as good as any other car. And if anything does go wrong I have a 100,000 mile warranty to cover me, while still saving many thousands over anything else comparable out there. This actually marks the FOURTH time I've been involved with a branded/salvage title car. The first was my 2003 Infiniti, which I got in 2004 -saving almost half the cost of new. Drove it without a hitch for 8 years. My son now enjoys owning it, and it continues to drive flawlessly after over a decade. The second was a Toyota Camry for another of my sons several years ago. He still loves his Camry, on which he saved many thousands. Never a problem there either. And, we helped a friend get a branded title Acura TL for a totally impressive savings. It too has been an ideal car in every way. I mention this because I actually have far MORE confidence in purchasing a branded title car from a trusted dealership like Prestman over purchasing from an individual, for example. The individual seller will not have put the car through a rigorous 150 point inspection and repair process... and he is not going to back me with a 100,000 mile "good as factory" warranty covering anything that might go wrong with the car. And buying from him or any other dealership will still cost me many thousands more! In summary: I will unhesitatingly recommend the team at Prestman Auto to anyone wanting to get an awesome deal. They are a great bunch of guys I will tell friends to look to FIRST, the next time they are shopping for a car.

Travis, Marshall, Dave

wwkkfoy
12/21/2014

"STILL 5 STARS"

Purchased a 2012 Cadi SRX about a month ago. Wanted to wait to give a rating until we had a chance to drive the car for awhile. Everything still gets 5 stars, no complaints. Travis Chessman was very helpful and up front with all the additional charges to close the deal, which is very reasonable. Travis stayed after hours to get me in the car and on my way. Thanks Wayne

Travis Chessman

rnewmans
10/10/2014

"BEWARE!!"

I placed $1000 down to hold one of their vehicles. I understood and agreed the money was non-refundable. However, Prestman didn't live up to their end of the agreement. Once the paperwork was finalized, I paid nearly $1000 more in fees than the sticker price. I realize and accept that there is typically a dealer fee ($300 bucks or so), not to mention the obvious tax and licensing on top of the listed price. Upon finalizing the sale, another $668 was additionally added, $299 VPP (Etch) and $369 Destination Fee. The $299 VPP is a small engraving they put on the window to help prevent or locate stolen vehicles. The Destination Fee is apparently the average cost to get the vehicle to Utah from the state in which it is located. My question is, "Why do I pay for these costs?" Shouldn't that be included in the sticker price? Now, you may be thinking no big deal to all this but read their web page. The following is exactly what their web page claims, "One-Price Dealer. Know that when you shop at Prestman Auto, the price you see is the price you get. No dickering, no sticker tricks, no games. Period. Well, obviously a FALSE claim because I didn't get the price listed. I got the vehicle for $299 more than listed....sales contract evident. Sticker tricks...... $668 worth ($369 + $299). Now your wondering why I went through with the sale? It was either that or lose my $1000. They had me in a pickle and they knew it. I could have bought a vehicle two years newer with a clean title, more options, no salvage title, and the vehicle warranty still active for $200 more.......YES, out the door. I'm surprised they didn't charge me an additional $100 to have the care detailed. BTW, I thought I was going to run out of fuel driving to the nearest fuel station. The vehicle was completely empty...another $80. If I would have been aware of these hidden fees up front, I wouldn't have been so upset. Course, Prestman Auto wouldn't have sold me a car either. Nice and friendly up front, once the deal closes....not even a handshake. Pat yourselves on the back PRESTMAN AUTO.

Tracy Ball, Marshall Bellm, and doc prep guy.

danielle.a.jones.2008
9/29/2014

"What a FUN experience with Jeff Wright"

Wow!! What an awesome experience on purchasing our new car. When we talked with Jeff Wright is was like talking to a friend that you have known for a long time. He made us feel that comfortable. He took really good care of us and our concerns. Very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. Anyone that had anything to do with selling, servicing the car, financing, etc. was exceptional. Will do business with them again. Especially Jeff. Thanks for making our experience so easy and fun. Randy & Danielle Jones, Idaho

Jeff Wright

Citationcapt
7/18/2014

"Tracy Ball and crew gives great service"

Thank you Tracy for great service in taking my 2014 Mazda 6 in on trade for a 2007 Lexus GS450h. This is my second GS400 from Prestman in 9 years.

Rick Decker
7/05/2014

"Sales"

Prestman Auto shows you what you WANT not what they are trying to get off the lot. They listen to your needs and do their best to provide your wants as well. Their staff provides all paperwork and background on their vehicles so that the consumer feels confident in the purchase of a car. Financing I'm sure depends on your credit rating but we've been pleased with that as well.

thefranchise19
7/01/2014

"Great Experience with Prestman Auto - 2010 GMC Yukon Denali"

We had the best experience at Prestman Auto, it was so great to work with Tracy & Alec as they helped my family find the perfect car! They worked with us in our wants and needs. They didnt try to push us into any old car, they took the time with us to make sure it was perfect! They are always smiling, super friendly and I loved working with these guys. David helped me with financing the looking over the warranty options. I really appreciate the time he took with me to break it down line by line so I really understood everything. I think buying this car from Prestman Auto was one of the best experiences I have ever had buying a car! I would definitely recommend friends and family to go to Prestman Auto!

Alec Flitton, Tracy Ball & David White

ifreeland
6/26/2014

"Solid Dealership"

I came here looking for a specific car, and I couldn't be any happier with it. I looked up the vin on Google and saw the pictures of the crash that originally totaled the car and they did a great job bringing it back. It drives like new and the mechanic could barely tell it had been in a accident. Got it at a great price, however, they do not budge on their prices, and never felt any pressure while being there. I also traded in my old car and they gave me a great price for it. Trevor, Todd, and everyone else there I talked to made everything extremely pleasant and easy.

Trevor Durfey and Todd

air321
6/24/2014

"Only Way to Go!"

Tracy has now officially sold us 3 cars in the past 6 years. Every single time it's been an absolute amazing experience. We have recommended to everyone we know and continue to be impressed on how he goes above and beyond for us. This experience has been no exception. We had another car we were considering however we didn't like it as much as the one we ended up selecting. The biggest difference was that we really wanted a DVD entertainment system for the back. To sweeten the deal on the car we really wanted they threw one in for us for the same price. We never feel pressured and always know we are talking with someone we can trust. We will continue to be loyal customers for years to come. Thanks Tracy...you did it again!

Elhousley
6/21/2014

"Couldn't be happier!"

Recently purchased a VW from here and couldn't be more pleased with the sales service. I was hesitant to purchase here first off with how the cars have rebuilt titles but after looking at the mass inventory and driving a few of them my mind was changed. They were upfront on the title issue and would show me the history of each car I was interested in. After it was all said and done I couldn't be more pleased plus they helped me find a great car and gave me a great trade on my truck. Thanks guys.

Tracy ball