Prestman Auto

Kentson Car Company

Harrison Imports - Bountiful

AmmonCunningham
2/08/2016

"Transparency Issues: Please Read and Understand!"

I'll break this review into 2 sections: Overview: Overall a great buying experience, but there are issues on being completely transparent which is a major issue for me. I still got a great vehicle, I know they will service it well, and it was below the cost of other dealerships around. Read below to understand where Prestman isn't being completely transparent about their sales process. Dub (Sales Rep) 5/5 Dub was our sales rep. He was incredible, communicated well, and worked to get us a great deal on our vehicle. He was knowledgeable, and truly wanted us to do what was best for our family. Marshall (Manager) 2/5 Marshall was nice enough and personable. The issue I had though was when it came to signing final paperwork and getting the final pricing. It was clear that the prices for the Title, Registration, and Plate Transfer were inflated based on what the state is actually charging. Tthey also charge a 'dealer documentation fee' which is not legally required to be charged (but not illegal either), I believe it was around $249. It's ultimately a way to skim an extra few hundred dollars (around $400 in our case) in revenue onto the price of their vehicles. What I like about Prestman is they are professional and upfront about everything....except when it comes to these inflated fees. When I questioned Marshall on this, he was very unprofessional, and stated he didn't know if these fees were inflated, and didn't want to know...because then if he did know they were inflated he'd have to tell a customer that he knew they were. In this day and age transparency is important. Information is power, and needs to be used properly. Witholding information breeds distrust. They need to communicate that they are inflating these fees. It doesn't bother me at all that I was apparently the first one to question them on this, in fact I hope others will also question them on this. I would've been much more ok with it if they told me up front that that is what they were doing vs. me having to uncover it for myself. A few hundred dollars really isn't a big deal, but it is when it is being hidden from you. Please be transparent in all your dealings, don't silo yourself and be transparent in part of the process but not the entire process.

Dub, Marshall

Harley5656
2/03/2016

"Definition of used car salesmen "

if you are thinking of purchasing a car here carefully reconsider!! Do not purchase the extended warranty they offer you because when you try to use it the mechanic is backed up 2 months. Service as simple as oil changes is 2 months out. Note that these oil changes are an incentive they bribe you with after you purchase to get you to write them a good review. TOTAL SCAM. I did not write a review after purchasing because I did not have anything nice to say about my sales rep, Travis, so I didn't say anything at all. Now I feel it's important to share my experience with others to keep them from the same frustrating mistakes I was fooled into.

Travis

Byron1234
10/17/2015

"#1 in Salt Lake for Customer Satisfaction!"

Prestman Auto is the most committed business to customer satisfaction in the auto business that I have seen in my 20 years of buying cars! My sales agent was Trevor Durfey. Ask for the out-the-door price, and he'll hook you up with a no-hassle offer. We were able to take a test drive, go home, and think about the car experience we had. The next day, when Trevor followed up, he offered us an opportunity to execute the purchase electronically by signing a 13-page document online. It took only 15 minutes to do. The next day, our car was fully detailed, licensed, registered, and ready to roll! We saved an estimated 19.8% at Prestman Auto compared to their competitors. We were guaranteed to walk away satisfied, and they were serious.

Trevor Durfey

DDiamond
9/06/2015

"Best Car Buying Experience!!"

I have purchased several vehicles from various dealerships all over the country in my day and Prestman Auto was by far the fastest and best service I've received. Debbie, Marshal and Tracy jumped through hoops to get me what I wanted and I was in and out in not time with a great car and even greater loan deal. I appreciate that their cars are all a no haggle price. You know what the price is up front. I did my research on vehicles beforehand and their prices were unbeatable. You can drive a nicer car for a lot better price than anywhere else. I was initially worried about the branded title, but they were able to tell me what the back story was for every car I was interested in. I initially figured, that I was saving almost $10,000 on the car I bought so if I had to put a little into I was still in a good situation. However, I have had my car for a while now and it runs beautifully. It also qualified for a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. Thanks to Debbie and Marshal for a beautiful car and even better service!! We will be back!!

Debbie, Marshal, Tracy

kwolf7
9/04/2015

"Disappointed"

I found a Subaru Forester that I was very interested in on their site. I immediately put down the $1,000 deposit to hold the car (dumb decision by my part). The week prior to going to purchase the car I was asking a lot of questions (I had found out all their cars have salvage titles) and they did not give me straight answers. For one, I asked for an accident report and they said there wasn't one available. I searched the car online by its VIN # (highly recommended before considering one of their vehicles). Upon finding the accident report that "didn't exist" I found the damage to be much more significant then they had told me. I was told the front right fender had to be replaced and no major components were hit. However, the entire front right end had been completely smashed. I'm not saying you should not buy from them. Just make sure you do your research.

Travis

Robmoritz
4/03/2015

"THE Place to get the most for your money!"

Last month I was looking for a 2015 Sienna XLE with All Wheel Drive for my wifey. Turns out: that's a fairly pricey automobile, but it's hard to locate any used 2014's with low mileage, in the color she wanted and with AWD. Fortunately, I found exactly that 1500 miles away from our home in Kansas City at Prestman Auto in Utah -- with only 13,000 miles and priced at least $12,000 less than a new one! And it was at a dealership that had 206 out of 213 people highly recommending them, with a 4.8 average out of 5 stars possible on Cars.com. That level of satisfaction across the board is practically unprecedented. I talked with the sales manager Marshall on the phone, who was extremely helpful in getting me all the details on the minivan. He then had one of his best sales associates, Travis Cheesman, follow up with me and continue to help. As it turns out, both are top quality folks I'm completely happy to recommend to others. I flew out to Salt Lake City, and Travis met me at the airport. "The guy looks like Leonardo DiCaprio during his Titanic years" was my first thought. Throughout the entire process and the followup after I got back home, Travis has continued to earn my respect and trust as someone I can confidently refer to others. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Dave in finance as well, who got me a Platinum level warranty to cover me through the first 100,000 miles. Some might ask how Prestman can offer deals good enough to fly 1500 miles and spend a week's vacation driving home through Colorado (which was totally fun, by the way... And if you haven't ever skied Utah, that's an added bonus!) They take a car that has been in an accident, and restore it to factory specifications and like-new condition. In my case the Sienna XLE had only been hit from behind, so they replaced everything damaged to be like new, and put it through a 150 point inspection to make sure everything is running great. Yes, it has a branded/salvage title, and that can of course affect the eventual resale value -- but I fully expect it to run every bit as good as any other car. And if anything does go wrong I have a 100,000 mile warranty to cover me, while still saving many thousands over anything else comparable out there. This actually marks the FOURTH time I've been involved with a branded/salvage title car. The first was my 2003 Infiniti, which I got in 2004 -saving almost half the cost of new. Drove it without a hitch for 8 years. My son now enjoys owning it, and it continues to drive flawlessly after over a decade. The second was a Toyota Camry for another of my sons several years ago. He still loves his Camry, on which he saved many thousands. Never a problem there either. And, we helped a friend get a branded title Acura TL for a totally impressive savings. It too has been an ideal car in every way. I mention this because I actually have far MORE confidence in purchasing a branded title car from a trusted dealership like Prestman over purchasing from an individual, for example. The individual seller will not have put the car through a rigorous 150 point inspection and repair process... and he is not going to back me with a 100,000 mile "good as factory" warranty covering anything that might go wrong with the car. And buying from him or any other dealership will still cost me many thousands more! In summary: I will unhesitatingly recommend the team at Prestman Auto to anyone wanting to get an awesome deal. They are a great bunch of guys I will tell friends to look to FIRST, the next time they are shopping for a car.

Travis, Marshall, Dave

wwkkfoy
12/21/2014

"STILL 5 STARS"

Purchased a 2012 Cadi SRX about a month ago. Wanted to wait to give a rating until we had a chance to drive the car for awhile. Everything still gets 5 stars, no complaints. Travis Chessman was very helpful and up front with all the additional charges to close the deal, which is very reasonable. Travis stayed after hours to get me in the car and on my way. Thanks Wayne

Travis Chessman

rnewmans
10/10/2014

"BEWARE!!"

I placed $1000 down to hold one of their vehicles. I understood and agreed the money was non-refundable. However, Prestman didn't live up to their end of the agreement. Once the paperwork was finalized, I paid nearly $1000 more in fees than the sticker price. I realize and accept that there is typically a dealer fee ($300 bucks or so), not to mention the obvious tax and licensing on top of the listed price. Upon finalizing the sale, another $668 was additionally added, $299 VPP (Etch) and $369 Destination Fee. The $299 VPP is a small engraving they put on the window to help prevent or locate stolen vehicles. The Destination Fee is apparently the average cost to get the vehicle to Utah from the state in which it is located. My question is, "Why do I pay for these costs?" Shouldn't that be included in the sticker price? Now, you may be thinking no big deal to all this but read their web page. The following is exactly what their web page claims, "One-Price Dealer. Know that when you shop at Prestman Auto, the price you see is the price you get. No dickering, no sticker tricks, no games. Period. Well, obviously a FALSE claim because I didn't get the price listed. I got the vehicle for $299 more than listed....sales contract evident. Sticker tricks...... $668 worth ($369 + $299). Now your wondering why I went through with the sale? It was either that or lose my $1000. They had me in a pickle and they knew it. I could have bought a vehicle two years newer with a clean title, more options, no salvage title, and the vehicle warranty still active for $200 more.......YES, out the door. I'm surprised they didn't charge me an additional $100 to have the care detailed. BTW, I thought I was going to run out of fuel driving to the nearest fuel station. The vehicle was completely empty...another $80. If I would have been aware of these hidden fees up front, I wouldn't have been so upset. Course, Prestman Auto wouldn't have sold me a car either. Nice and friendly up front, once the deal closes....not even a handshake. Pat yourselves on the back PRESTMAN AUTO.

Tracy Ball, Marshall Bellm, and doc prep guy.

danielle.a.jones.2008
9/29/2014

"What a FUN experience with Jeff Wright"

Wow!! What an awesome experience on purchasing our new car. When we talked with Jeff Wright is was like talking to a friend that you have known for a long time. He made us feel that comfortable. He took really good care of us and our concerns. Very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. Anyone that had anything to do with selling, servicing the car, financing, etc. was exceptional. Will do business with them again. Especially Jeff. Thanks for making our experience so easy and fun. Randy & Danielle Jones, Idaho

Jeff Wright

Citationcapt
7/18/2014

"Tracy Ball and crew gives great service"

Thank you Tracy for great service in taking my 2014 Mazda 6 in on trade for a 2007 Lexus GS450h. This is my second GS400 from Prestman in 9 years.

Tracy Ball