Prime Ford Auburn

Prime Ford Auburn Info

Quirk Ford

Hammonasset Ford

"Used car purchase"

First off let me start with if you’re looking to buy a vehicle look elsewhere. I bought a used 2012 Jeep wrangler with 62.000 mile from David Haynes ( which was very pleasant to deal with and helped me out when I needed it). I brought the vehicle home on September 25, 2014 and was very happy with my purchase. Then the first problem happened. Driving home from work one day a very loud banging from the rear of the vehicle over bumps started. When I returned home I crawled under the vehicle to find the right rear shocked snapped off at the upper mount. I returned the vehicle the next day and was told the rear shocks needed replacement and I would need to return back with the vehicle when the parts arrive. I asked if they had any loaners because I drive 80 miles a day to work and back (all highway) and then drive my kids back and forth to football practice and did not feel comfortable driving it in this condition. They said they had no loaners and the vehicle was safe. I refused to leave with the vehicle and sat in the waiting room for about an hour until a loaner vehicle was made available. I picked up the vehicle 2 days later and was happy with the repair. Then about 4 days later while on my drive home a loud noise from underneath the vehicle started which shook the vehicle while driving. I called Langway and spoke to Peter and told him the problem and insisted the vehicle needed to be towed because I had a 30 mile trip to Langway and the vehicle was unsafe to drive. He insisted the vehicle was safe and to drive it back to Langway. I asked if there would be a loaner available and he said he would work things out with me. I drove the vehicle back with it banging and shaking the whole way. When I arrived there I spoke with Russ in service, he test drove the vehicle and heard the noise. He then told me Jeep would cover this under there warranty. I had to drive the vehicle up to Jeep about 10 miles up Rt. 20.( I feel Langway ford should be taking care of this matter and not me) When I arrived there they looked up the warranty using the VIN and said that it was not covered because of a restriction with the drivetrain. I drove the vehicle back to Langway Ford and told them this and that they needed to repair the problem. Russ then said I would need to schedule an appointment because they had no available technicians to look at it at this time. I asked for a loaner because the vehicle was unsafe. He said there were no loaners available and the vehicle was completely safe. I again refused to leave with my vehicle and sat there for 2 hours while they tried to find a loaner car. After 2 hours Russ returned to say there was no luck. I asked if I could speak to David Haynes. When David arrived I told him my problem and if he could help me out with getting a loaner. He said he would get me one and to have a seat. After sitting there for 15 minutes he came back to say he was having no luck and to keep patient. After about 10 more minutes he came back with keys in his hand and said I was all set. This was all on October 17, 2014. I drive pass this Dealer to and from work every day and noticed my vehicle was not moved on the 18th or the 20th. I waited for a phone call and received none. Finally On the 20th at 5pm I called them and was told they did not look at yet. No call received on the 21 or 22. I again called them at 5pm on the 22 and was again told they did not look at yet. I asked if they could please call me by the end of the next day to let me know the status. Russ called on the 23rd at 420pm and was told that the noise could not be duplicated. I drove there at 430pm and arrived there at about 5pm to test drive. I drove the vehicle and was able to duplicate the noise in the parking lot with Russ in the vehicle. He said to leave the car and they would look at it again. On my way home from work that day at about 1030am (I work 3rd shift) I stopped and talked to David Haynes and he said they did not look at again yet and that he would call me by the end of the day. No call was returned to me that day. No phone call was given to me on the 27th either. I called them at about 427pm on the 27th and left a message to have someone in service call me. No return phone call. I called again at 555pm and there was no answer. The next day the 28th I called at 1100am and was put on hold for about 8 minutes. Finally Russ picked up and said he had no answers yet but should by the end of the day. I called Russ back at 500pm and was told they found the problem and that it was the front driveshaft at the flange and they needed replacement. The parts need to be ordered and was going to take 2 days to get them which was understandable. I picked up the jeep on the night of the 31st. Now I have been driving the Jeep for 2 and a half weeks and on the morning of November 19, 2014 the check engine came on. I called Langway Ford at 9am and told them the problem and asked if I could come in that day to have it looked at. I was told to come in around 2-230 and someone could scan the check engine light. I arrived at Langway at 220pm and had the light looked at . They scanned the light and a code for a misfire in #4 cylinder was given (P0304). I was told to drive the vehicle until there was an available appointment open and service can talk to the used sales department. I called them on the 20th around 11am and wads told Jeep would cover this under warranty. I called Jeep and they said it was covered until they ran the VIN again and the same restriction came up for the Drivetrain. That day I call the DMV and Chrysler to find out why the restriction was set. They said it was from the previous owner and the restriction could not be lifted. Now I called Langway ford back and told them that the repair was not covered because of the restriction (again). They told me they were talking to the used car manager and would call me back to know the outcome. Let’s see what run around I will have now. I am in the process now of calling the BBB and talking to my lawyer. I feel this should not happen to someone who has just bought a vehicle from a dealership nor should be treated this way. It seems like as soon as you drive off the lot they could care less if you return to buy another vehicle from them or not. It’s all about the dollar to these people and not customer service!!!!!! Eric L.

Russ(service)

"Wow, I am simply speechless!"

I left Langway Ford with the biggest smile on my face. I walked in, and as a 19 year old, I had little hope in being able to get into the car that I really wanted. I set my sights in trading in my old car [that had a 19% APR car loan stapled to it], and moving in to a brand new Fusion. I worked with Jack Fino, who showed me everything about the car and then some! Not only did he sell me on the car, but he took the time to sell me on the dealership as well, touting their $10 oil change specials for customers. I test drove the car, and laughed at myself for getting my hopes up. Jack showed me what the payments would look like, and I laughed again and said that it seemed too good to be true. Well, what do you know... Just one hour later, I had signed papers on my brand new car, that I was now the owner of. This would have NEVER happened if it weren't for Brian Meola, hands-down without a doubt, the most competent, personable, and kindest finance manager on the east coast. Brian truly cares about his customers, and does whatever he can to make things work. By the way, did I mention that I walked out, not at 19%, 19.0% APR like my last car loan, but 1.9%? Yes- 1.90%! With a dot between the 1 and the 9!!! So, if you walk in, thinking your thoughts of a new car is just a dream, no worries- Brian will make it work. I will, and have already, recommend, Langway Ford, Jack Fino, and Brian Meola to everyone I know, and I will DEFINITELY be back to buy another car in the future!

Jack Fino, Brian Meola

"Purchase a Ford F150"

Dick Fennelly was our sales person. He was very good to work with. Excellent "no pressure" attitude towards the clientele. Everyone that I met and spoke with at the dealership were pleasant and helpful.

Dick Fennelly

"Pete and Dick made our experience of g"

Pete and Dick made our experience a friendly family like experience when we were getting my 84 yr old Dad (Paul) a new car that worked for him :) thank you ! Sally

"Great Ford Dealership"

Made buying a new car a great experience. Easiest deal I've done so far. Don't try those other guys, go straight to Langway.

Elmer

"Dick Fennelly "

Dick Fennelly was my salesman and he was knowledgeable, accommodating, honest and a pleasure to work with. I would recommend him and this dealership to anyone.

Dick Fennelly

"The only place to buy a car!"

Second vehicle I've bought from this dealership. Dick Fennelly was great. No pressure and found me the perfect truck at absolutely the best price. Another vehicle purchase with no regrets.

"Sales"

There was a huge selection of vehicles. We were not pressured into buying. Sales Dick was very good and treated us well. We would come back in the future for sure.

Dick

"GREAT EXPERIENCE"

Can't even believe that buying a car can be so easy. When I visited the dealer, I knew which car I wanted and was never pressured to buy a different or more expensive vehicle. Received almost what I was looking for monetarily on my trade, applied it to the car and signed the papers on the same day! Even though there were a couple of issues in getting the vehicle ready for delivery, the employees at Langway took full responsibility and took care what needed to be done - they made no excuses, just fixed the issues! No pressure, no haggling, just an enjoyable experience. From Elmer and Pete in Sales, to Brian in Finance and then over to Peter in Service, it has been a pleasure dealing with Langway Ford. This is where my family will be buying my cars from now on. THANK YOU!

Elmer, Pete, Brian, Peter

"My own pace"

Dick Fennelly was my Sales Consultant and was very patient with me. I hadn't bought a vehicle in over 12 years and was experiencing sticker shock over used car prices with what I considered to be high mileage when researching the dealerships in my area. I thought buying new was out of my reach as well. Dick showed me both used and new cars and was not pushy at all while I reviewed my options. In all, a positive experience, I didn't feel pressured to buy. I did end up buying a new car and feel this vehicle is the right choice for me.