Randy Lee's White Bear Lincoln Mercury

Hudson Ford

North Country Ford Lincoln

susan stewart
4/14/2016

"Poor customer service and not telling charge for diagnostic."

My 88 year old mother brought her Mercury to White Bear Lincoln Mercury to have the oil changed on her car yesterday. She has been a customer there for 20 years and bought her Mercury and a Lincoln from them. When she saw her car parked where they put the cars when they are done, she went to get her paperwork from Ryan so she could pay for it and leave as she was in a hurry to get somewhere. Ryan came out and told her that her transmissions was wet and asked her if she had a cement driveway to see it leaving a puddle. She told him no she did not have a cement driveway, then Ryan proceeded to tell her it was spraying transmission fluid out all over when she was driving the car. (The car is parked in our garage on cement and has never left a drop of anything underneath it). So after getting her all upset, he tells her they need to diagnose what is wrong with her car, failing to tell her this is going to cost her extra. She told him that she did not want to do anything without talking to her son-in-law first. Ryan went ahead and diagnosed her car so he could tell her son-in-law what it needed. She asked for her car (which now magically was no longer parked in the "done" area), Ryan told her that it would cost $609 to fix her transmission leak. She said I am not going to do anything without talking to my son-in-law. Ryan wouldn't giver her the car, he told her he was giving her a rental car and just sign here for the rental agreement. She didn't understand why he was giving her a rental car but she was in a hurry. (They gave an 88 year old woman a $60,000 Lincoln that they had to explain to her how to operate because of all of the buttons!) Needless to say, I was outraged. So today, I drove the rental back and asked to speak to a manager. She wasn't in today but the service man asked how he could help. I explained the situation and told him we are not paying for this rental car and we just want to pay for the oil change and get her car back. He was beyond helpful! He gave me the managers name and he discounted the oil change for the inconvenience and he even washed the car when he brought it up for us. Just as we were paying for this, Ryan called the office and said there were more charges. He came up and said she owed $106 for the diagnostic. I told him that he did not explain to her that there would be a fee and she was not going to pay for that. Ryan said he couldn't do anything that I would have to talk to a manager. After waiting another 10 minutes for him to show up, he comes up with reducing the fee to half for the diagnostic plus the oil change. I told him no. We are paying for the oil change only. The manager told me fine, they are going to keep the car and auction it off (I already had the keys that the first guy had handed me). Just then a code enforcement officer walked in and the manager said we already have the police here to deal with this. I said good and was about to talk to the officer and she said, I am not up here for this. So I turned around again and told the manager I am only paying for the oil change. He said he wasn't going to do anything else and walked away. Ryan then started in about the diagnostic fee and I told him again, I am not paying for that. Then the manager walked back in again (I'm assuming that he realized I had the keys) and said just charge her the retail price for the oil change and be done with this. After I waited another 10 minutes for that bill to show up, they left $40 on there for diagnostic plus the oil change. I was like are you kidding me?! The cashier went and had the bill corrected. The first service guy and the cashier were fabulous to deal with. Ryan and the short little dark haired man wearing glasses should be fired. They just threw away a 20 year customer. I have never witnessed anything so unethical in my life. If you are a senior citizen or not mechanical, do not bring your vehicle for repair here. They will lie to you, scare you and rip you off if you let them.

I don't have all the names, Ryan, a short dark haired man wearing glasses and the cashier.

bob
1/19/2016

"Purchase and Service Experience"

Purchased a new 2013 MKS and have returned for scheduled service since. As a former Chrysler and GM owner, This was my first Lincoln experience. The sales team, Jim Adler and Bryan Lee were super to deal with and I have been a satisfied Lincoln owner. Returning for scheduled service has also been a pleasurable experience. Jeannie, the Service Manager is always available and pleasant to work with. Recently, even the Parts Manager, Miles, went out of his way to successfully address an issue with floor mats. Each encounter has been a reinforcing experience, first rate. I definitely plan to evaluate the newer Lincoln models here at White Bear Lincoln when the times comes to purchase another vehicle. However, I enjoy my MKS so much the time to purchase again may be elongated beyond my original plans

Jim, Bryan, Jeannie, Miles

Michelleloveslincoln
9/05/2015

"Great people great service"

Went in for oil change and when changing oil the service dept informed me that there was 2 outstanding recalls said they would be happy to get them done and gave me a Lincoln to drive while doing the work Cleaned and vacuumed my car and done when promised!!

Jeanne. Dereck. Eddie

Fordguy
8/11/2015

"Worst customer service ever!"

I took my car (2014 Ford Flex) in for an oil change and to check on collision control sensor. The first time we were told to be at the dealership by 5PM to have the worked performed. We arrived at 4;45 waited about 45 minutes only to be told to come back the following day. The next day at about 5:00PM we received a call informing us that the technician wasn't able to fix the problem with the sensor so they need to keep our car over the weekend. On Monday on our way back home and after paying almost $500 in unauthorized repairs the light tuned on again telling us that the problem was not fixed. For your own sake please stay away from this place!!

Jeanne

shawn.blackburn2
11/04/2014

"Blown gasket fumes covered with smelly cleaner and "New Car""

Slick, fast talking, high pressure trap. The engine was beautifully cleaned, in fact still covered with cleaner in some areas all over the top. Should have gotten under it. Oil leak is spitting onto the exhaust and burning off. Couldn't isolate the smell with all the cleaner and fake "New Car" smell in the cabin. Really expensive fix that they knew of, could have fixed in their own shop at a reasonable cost, and took a lot of steps to cover up. Screwed me. Get out, don't answer the phone, and stay away. Huge mistake. Save yourself!

Tagtow

RyanSpeltz
3/28/2014

"I found a mustang gt premium convertible there last week,..."

I found a mustang gt premium convertible there last week, I live hour north but Jim was more then able to help me online vai car soup with great photos and info, then we drove to see it. It was late but the ladys in the office help keep the three little girls happy, we test drove it and loved it. The sale with Brian went great also.

Brian and Jim

buyer272727
2/14/2014

"Beware of White Bear Lincoln. They sell you a used car..."

Beware of White Bear Lincoln. They sell you a used car and then do nothing after their service department finds an issue that was present before the purchase. They are a bunch of crooks. Stay away!!!!

Johnh897
2/12/2014

"This place is the WORST PLACE EVER TO BUY A CAR! They are..."

This place is the WORST PLACE EVER TO BUY A CAR! They are filled with liars cheaters and scammers. This place is the typical bob the oily used car salesman. Never again will I step foot into this dealer ever! Horrible customer service by the management. I was sworn at by the manager for calling the owner! I will be in contact with Lincoln corporate also with the bbb and the attorney's general office as well as consulting with a attorney!

Jim Tagtow , Tom Taube, Travis

Ba12
8/03/2013

"The minute Jeff sees us there, its " Hi Barb, Hi..."

The minute Jeff sees us there, its " Hi Barb, Hi Ben" We always look forward to seeing him, even if we are just in for service to the vehicles we purchased there. Jeff is always friendly and courteous. Our last visit there, a loaner car was not available while our vehicle was being serviced. Jeff actually loaned us his own personal vehicle so we could take care of some errands instead of just waiting for the work to be completed. We have recommended White Bear Lincoln to friends and family - specifically Jeff Maddock We wouldn't think if going anywhere else - or dealing with anyone other than Jeff.

Jeff Maddock

Yvonne Norris
12/04/2012

"My father always did business with RLWBLM, as I have too..."

My father always did business with RLWBLM, as I have too in the past. Ppl are always helpful and you don't get that 'all over you' feeling when dealing with there sales team. I don't like being needled and nudged whenever dealing with sales, it's a real conversation with the sales staff at RLWBLM. They didn't call and bug me with um-teen phone calls or emails. Making my sale was easy. Conversation like I said, was real and didn't baffle me with bs and false concern. Was pleasant, helpful, and matter of fact. Rich our sales guy, just like talking to your neighbor, with a a nice touch of professionalism. And Brian just does his thing getting the sale complete and me out the door. That part of a sale can last forever, not with Brian..... knows his stuff and gets it done, I'm on my way!! All in all a real good experience. I will be back, unless I want a Subaru..........NOT!!!! Have a great day.....Merry Christmas all and a wonderful prosperous New Year. Yvonne Norris PS Regarding the "DealerRater Terms of Use", If you do so, happen to use my words in whole or in edited content, I would like 4 free car washes! I have a subtle sales pitch too :)

Rich and Brian