Ravenel Ford

Ravenel Ford Info

ddsmith14
9/30/2014

"Customer Focused"

Facility is very clean. Buying experience was very easy. All the staff we encounter were very friendly and polite. Our salesman (Dale) was very knowledgeable and helpful in making our decision. Dale doesn't stop with his assistance after he makes the sale. He continues to ensure you are happy with your vehicle. We bought a truck to tow a camper. He went out of his way to ensure the truck we picked out was capable of towing the weight of the camper we plan on towing. I would recommend this small town dealership to anyone looking for a new or used vehicle.

Dale

uscgreel
2/17/2014

"My recent experience with Ravenel Ford. I went and test..."

My recent experience with Ravenel Ford. I went and test drove a Nissan Titan they had for sale in the used lot. It was a nice vehicle for the price, during the test drive the TPMS light came on, when I returned I informed them, and they took it to service and made the light go out. I then went back 3 times to negotiate the asking price, well they would not negotiate with my trade or the asking price. I was dealing with salesman Ted Blankenship. I sold my car out right, and I eventually came to their terms and agreed to pay the asking price. During the agreement they informed me I would have to pay sales tax, I informed them that I am active duty military and would be registering the truck in my state of residency, and my state does not require me to pay sales tax. After telling Ted this, he completely disagreed and would not listen to my explanation. I was then transferred to the General Manager, I informed him of my situation and we argued on the phone for 30 minutes about the matter. He stated that since the truck had an open bed, I was not exempt, I asked where I could find this law, and he said he didn’t know, and that was their rule. I emailed the SCDMV for there response and this was the first time they had ever heard of that, so it was going to have to go up to the Law Analyst for SC legislature. And made numerous phone calls to confirm I was exempt. Well I really needed a vehicle, and decided I would just go ahead and pay them the $300 sales tax fee. When I went to pick up my new to me truck it was filthy, ¼ tank of gas, only 1 ignition key, and the TPMS light was on again. When I asked Ted about these things, he said he would not fill up the truck with gas, it was as clean as they could do, and they only had 1 key for it and no key fobs. They took the truck back to service again for the TMPS, and the service tech explained to me, they had to buy a new sensor and Nissan needed to calibrate it, and that’s why the light was on, so I asked how they cleared the light before, and they said they didn’t know. I left the dealership and had to go directly across the street to fill it up with gas, when I got home I had to spend the rest of the night cleaning the truck. After a day I noticed the rear backup sonar did not work any more, the cruise control did not work, and after taking the truck to Nissan, 3 out of the 4 TPMS sensors where bad (how did they get the light to turn off at the dealership when first asked?) I understand it was a used truck, but fill it up and clean it… After my deposit was made, they called and said they discovered I would not have to pay the sales tax, No apology for me wasting all my time emailing SCDMV and making numerous phone calls, to prove I was correct. Not only was my salesman extremely rude but so was the general manager, I was at awe at the amount they didn’t care about the customer. I made a phone call again to the general manager after receiving a email wanting feedback from me, I informed him of everything I listed in this review, and he informed me my expectations were to high. I asked if there was anything there dealership wanted to do to make me a happy customer, the short answer was no! I would never recommend anyone to purchase a vehicle thru this dealership, and I am really confused on how this dealership has high reviews, maybe I was just the bad apple, but I had such a terrible experience I thought I needed to share with others.

Ted Blankenship

Ravenel Ford responded to this review

April 01, 2014

We are very sorry and disappointed that this customer did not enjoy purchasing his vehicle from us. Our one low price policy is intended to make the sales process easy but we know some customers do not feel they are getting a good deal unless they get a discount. This customer made three trips to look at this truck and ultimately decided it was the best value in the market. On the sales tax issue, South Carolina does not have a military sales tax exemption for trucks. This customer was so convinced he was not required to pay sales tax that we eventually agreed to take the loss on the sales tax amount. As for the issues with the vehicle, we prefer to sell new or reconditioned used cars that we can provide a warranty on. We understand that for many customers price is the main issue so rather than send our older cars to auction, we sell the nicer ones at extra low prices. To set clear expectations, we mark our older cars with big red stickers that warn customers of uncompleted service and maintenance items, mechanical and cosmetic defects and not to buy the car if they would be unhappy with a breakdown, even if it happened on the way home from the dealership. Customers sign multiple documents acknowledging they understand the terms of sale and more than one employee discusses the risks face to face. This truck had well over 200,000 miles on it, was sold “as is”. We are confident that this customer knew it had problems and that for the price he bought it for we would not offer any additional concessions. We were surprised when he called to ask us to make repairs to the vehicle and give him a tank of gas in exchange for him not writing a negative review of our dealership. While we truly want to make our customers happy, our sense of integrity did not allow us to make this deal. We believe in the review system and encourage honest constructive criticism to help us improve. We do not believe in buying reviews.

ladabur
5/30/2013

"My car purchase experience was truly excellent. Ted was..."

My car purchase experience was truly excellent. Ted was very informative, but without any pressure. He allowed my wife and I to test drive the Focus we were interested in without him being with us, and didn't press us for an answer that day. The pricing was clearly explained, and very competitive. There was no need to haggle or "negotiate". I would recommend him, and the dealership, to anyone.

raglandagency
5/28/2013

"This was bar none the best experience that I have ever..."

This was bar none the best experience that I have ever had on the purchase of a new vehicle. I spent several weeks reviewing websites in the local area and visiting local dealers. I had my heart set on a vehicle at another dealership. The customer service there was terrible. It was almost like I was bothering them for information, correspondence and their time. I left upset knowing I had a check in my pocket for the total cost of the vehicle. No financing needed. I came into Ravenel Ford thinking here I go again. Ted met me, allowed me private time to look around, confer with my husband and make a decision. I still had my heart set on the one at the other dealership. I walked around and took quite awhile deciding. I was never pressured in anyway. The prices were the same on both. In the end I went with the dealership and the salesman that was caring, informative and understood this was a huge purchase and decision from the beginning. I know I made the right decision and I love my new Ford F150 King Ranch with all the bells and whistles. Ted Blankenship is now a lifetime friend and Ravenel Ford will be recommended to all my family, friends and clients. Lynn Ragland Ragland Insurance Agency, LLC Summerville, SC 29483

HarveBecker
4/09/2013

"This is the second vehicle I purchased from this..."

This is the second vehicle I purchased from this dealership in the past year. Every contact I had both times was positive. Everyone was professional, friendly, courteous and helpfull. The vehicle buying experience was enjoyable. I have recommended this dealership to my friends and co-workers. When I am in the market for a vehicle in the future, I will only buy from Ravenel Ford.

Joyce

trlp
4/01/2013

"Thank you all! My husband and I are enjoying our new..."

Thank you all! My husband and I are enjoying our new truck! Great experiance, great service, friendly staff, good selection of used and new vehicles.

lichtenberg13
3/25/2013

"This was the easiest dealership I've ever dealt with...."

This was the easiest dealership I've ever dealt with. Friendly service, fast service, and the prices are actually what they say they are. There were no hidden fees whatsoever. The only thing we had to pay was to transfer the tags from our trade-in. There were no dealer closing costs, like you find at a lot of other dealerships. Of course, those dealerships won't tell you about those closing costs until just before you sign the loan. And nobody likes a surprise $495 extra cost for "closing" the deal. isn't that their job? None of that at Ravenel Ford. Just friendly, NON-PUSHY, knowledgeable salesman who actually feel more like a friend than a slaesman. I would highly recommend this car company if you're in the market for a new or used car.

Edgelman
3/17/2013

"We used to be a Toyota vehicle family. My husband's..."

We used to be a Toyota vehicle family. My husband's company car is now a Ford Fusion and he loves it. My Toyota truck was recently totaled and we decided to look for a new vehicle. We were impressed by the different Ford models of SUV's and crossovers to choose from. We heard and read about the Ford Edge. My husband had to take his car in for service and decided to take it to Ravenel Ford. They treated him well, and that stuck with him. So, we decided that if we were going to buy, we'd go to Ravenel Ford. Our experience with buying a new Ford Edge was wonderful, due to the friendliness, no-pushy salesman, honest kind of atmosphere that Ravenel Ford offers. Our salesman was Ted Blankenship and he greeted us and told us to look around, no pressure, if we have any questions, just let him know. We had him locate an Edge with all the features we wanted and we LOVE IT. He was very thorough and easy to work with. Curtis in Finance was very helpful, and we were in and out of his office in no time. Joe the Sync Guy was great. He spent a lot of time showing me the features of the SYNC, setting me up with an online help account, and offered his services at any time if I needed additional hands on help with Sync.I would highly recommend Ravenel Ford to friends and family. If and when we are in the market for another vehicle, we will definitely go back to Ravenel Ford. First Class Dealership!

Brenda Kirby
1/26/2013

"Sales people were friendly,the whole process was fast,the..."

Sales people were friendly,the whole process was fast,the price was right,they explaned in detailed how to work the features on the car and was told if I needed help with anything to come back and they would show me..decent price on my trade in....as long as I live in SC I will always deal with Ravenel Ford and I will reconmmend them to anyone looking for a car.

libbybm
1/22/2013

"Ted was very friendly and professional. HE went out of..."

Ted was very friendly and professional. HE went out of his way to make sure i unstood the functions of my new vehicle. Joe took the time to show me how to use the SYNC on jmy new F150. This was my first vehicle with this function and he took about two hours of his time to make sure i understood it completely. Curtis was very friendly and professional. He made it a no hassell purchase.