Ray Laethem Buick GMC

Suburban Buick GMC

Erik M
6/13/2016

"Unsatisfied"

Service Adviser Rob Chandonais provided me with what I can only describe as the worst service I have ever received in my life. Rob was not rude to my face, but failed to return my phone calls on multiple occasions and left me in lurch about my vehicle that was being serviced. I had to call every other day to try and get an update from from Rob, that was if anyone would answer the phone (my apologies to the poor women who tried to transfer me to the Service Dept over a dozen times with no luck). Rob eventually called me to tell me my car was ready after I had approved $900 of work on it. However, after I had paid and got the keys the car didn't make it out of the parking lot. After another week without a call from Service Manager John Strehler or Rob Chandonais I was informed that if would be another $2600 dollars to fix my car (the price later came down to $1500 after I had communicated my dissatisfaction). I told Rob that I wasn't interested in further repairs and that their technician should have tested the car and known it was not ready, I also requested my money back for the initial repair but was fine with paying for the initial estimate. Had I known the car would required $3500 worth of work, I would not have approved any repairs. After another week without any communication or returned phone calls, I had to actually go in any talk to John Strehler in person. John agreed that they should have tested the car more but was not willing to compensate me for their mistake; instead Ray Laethem forces the customer to pay for their mistake. At this point I took my car home and requested a call from John's manager, Jeff Laethem. I appreciate the time Jeff took to listen to me, however, he advised me this practice is common place and they could not compensate me for their mistake. I hope Jeff and John will use this as training opportunity for their Service Advisers and also perhaps an opportunity to improve the processes of their service technicians in regard to communicating with their customers and thoroughly testing vehicles brought into the service center respectively .

Rob Chandonais

tim thousand
6/03/2016

"terrific service"

Had to get recall work done and an oil change. It's a lease vehicle and they took it in, drove me home and had all work done (FREE included in lease) in less than 2 hours on a busy Friday. Oh and they washed it for free too. No hassles....ALL good. Thanks!

Mike in service

Jason
9/11/2015

"Just find another dealership"

The service department is dishonest and incompetent. I had been lied to many times over the last several years. I have had to return to the service department over and over with a couple vehicles due to faulty service. They have fully admitted that the service department has made many mistakes, but does not give me back the countless days of picking up and returning the vehicle. Even on the same day.

No one who could help

Mr. T
7/07/2015

"Don't Do It!"

I have a big SUV and a Lifetime warranty. Many Problems with service. I get a free loaner with my Warranty. Their rental lady tries to put a disabled American Veteran into a "SUBCompact". I asked the serviceman to tell her a big SUV before I even went to her. She then immediately turns into a B-----, well let's just say a disgruntled employee who has no idea of what customer service means. I get a mini-SUV. The serviceman says don't worry about the gas because it was not full. I bring it back 3 notches lower than it was. The owner calls up and says he can't make me happy. Hello, no kidding! And says he is dumping me as a customer. Hey Mr. Laetham, that's what caused Lochmor Jeep to have their dealership pulled. I want to know how many of Lochmor's ex-employees you hired because I swear they all waited and or worked on my vehicle. I'll be going to another dealer who is farther away but always fixes my car the first time. You actually are saving me time and mileage. 3 or more trips to you compared to one trip at the other dealer. By the way, everytime I was at your dealership (and it was plenty of times) some other customer was always complaining to me. You should fix that, remember it will take you more than one time! More than two times my car has more wrong with it after it leaves Ray Laethem then when I bring it in. Once I spent over a $100 on a leaking tire and they still cold not fix it, I fixed it myself. They have an employee who will steal your parking spot that you are waiting for by turning left in front of you. They have another employee who will tell you to drive into the garage, then another employee who will tell you, you can't do that once you are in. Parts are not put on the car properly, their response is "hemmmm"! Get a wheel rotation and loose your wheel lock, twice that happen. I had a $20 license plate frame and then I notice it was gone and "Ray Laetham Frame was in it's place, my frame no where to be found. I had a $100 cleanable oil filter and that disappeared with an oil change there. I put $120 of E3 spark plugs in my car. The car did not like them, they changed them out and kept the brand new E3's even after I asked for them back. The vehicle problems were fixed as of this date but I might as well have been on their payroll for as much as I was down there.

Mr. Laetham

Diana2763
5/07/2015

"Best car purchase ever! "

I had been looking to purchase a new vehicle for a while. Out of the blue received a GMC notice on my Facebook page. Contacted Betsy at Ray Laethem on the internet. She walked me through the steps, I completed an application and less than five days (due to my work schedule) I was driving off the lot in my new 2015 Terrain! Tony with whom I met in the dealership to sign my paperwork was VERY helpful with all of my many questions and made me feel as though we had known each other for years! I have heard the nightmare stories of going into a dealership and spending your whole day to get the deal completed, not at Ray Laethem! I would refer them to anyone! Nicest sales group ever!! Loving my new Terrain!! ??????

Betsy Crane and Tony Abdullah

Rayz911
4/07/2014

"Terrible Service"

I recently dropped my 2013 dodge charger off at Ray Laethem last Monday March 31, 2014. I was having issues with the vehicle and they were the closest dealership and they had great reputation so I figured i would take it there. Well I am having a horrible experience with them. Since last Monday March 31, 2014 the vehicle has not been looked at and today is April 7th, 2014. Last week they told me twice I had a car ahead of me and I am the next one to be looked at. April 1st they started telling me that and then on Friday April 4th. Well today I had to call and find out what is going on and the car is still sitting outside waiting for it to be looked it and the same answer there still is one more car ahead of me to be looked at and then my car with finally be looked at. I thought from all great reviews from people that this was a respectable dealership well sorry folks I have been getting the same answer for a week. Sorry next I get a dodge it will not be from this dealership and I will certainly not take it to Ray Laethem for service.

Brian Crawford

tasparling
11/25/2013

"Everyone at the dealership was kind and courteous. I felt..."

Everyone at the dealership was kind and courteous. I felt like I could trust a car dealer, imagine that! God bless Ray Laethem Motor Village!

Jeff Laethem, John Strehler

664grandpa
11/08/2013

"E.J.Borden was exceptional to work with. He will do..."

E.J.Borden was exceptional to work with. He will do almost anything to help you get exactly what you want. We will certainly deal with Ray Laethem again.

E.J.Borden

terry olson
11/04/2013

"Without a doubt the best experience. In and out in 30..."

Without a doubt the best experience. In and out in 30 minutes. These guys are the best. I own several brands of vehicles and this dealership and GMC have a customer for life!

Larry Conely
11/30/2012

"When purchasing a 2011 GMC Canyon, I got confirmations..."

When purchasing a 2011 GMC Canyon, I got confirmations from three different people that they could/would install an ipod hookup in my vehicle. None of the three delivered and I took the truck elsewhere to be installed. Soon after purchase, I was rear-ended. I had the truck taken to the Laethem body shop. Despite assurances of a quick response, phone calls were almost never returned. After delivery, I got tired of returning the truck to the body shop for mistakes, so I finished the repairs myself. A dealer installed GMC tonneau cover separates from the truck, actually completely coming off once. It has been back to the dealer eight or ten times, I have lost count. One of the technicians finally hacked it to repair it. A disarming audible and tactile clunk is present in the steering at slow speeds. The most recent response from Laethem is that the GM engineers have said it cannot be fixed. They advise to simply lower the adjustable steering wheel one notch to fix it. This is not true, it is still present. Laethem professes to be concerned about customer service, yet does nothing. They are always courteous and friendly, but this is not a substitute for competence. I will make sure nobody I know will ever buy a vehicle from Ray Laethem.

many Laethem employees