Renaldo Cadillac Buick GMC

Overall Rating N/A

Renaldo Cadillac Buick GMC
Renaldo Cadillac Buick GMC Info

1 Dealership Review

"I'm currently serving in Iraq and I am needing a vehicle..."

I'm currently serving in Iraq and I am needing a vehicle for when I return to the states. I found the vehicle that I was wanting with Rogers Automotive in Shelby, NC; and since it's only a couple of hours from where my family lives, we made arrangements for them to come pick it up. I was a little disappointed at first because the list price was listed as $22,998 with an internet price of $20,998. When we asked about a military discount, we were told that it was already factored in. So, by this logic, anyone with access to a computer and that can find their site, gets the "military discount" as well. Thanks for supporting the troops! Then the problems began. The internet ad had it listed as having around 9,200 miles on the car, but then the pictures of the odometer were showing around 9,700 miles. Not a big deal, someone could have easily made a typo. Then we call and the car has around 10,200 miles on it. I'm sure it has been test driven, but a little more truth in advertising is all I was looking for. I made a $500 deposit with my credit card to hold the car and we were told it was being pulled off the lot. Whoopee! The next day, my girlfriend calls to verify some more information and finds out the car had been sold, but finds it very hard to get the truth out of anyone. Herbie would not talk to her and Kenneth got very rude on the phone with her. The only helpful person was Charlotte, who relayed the information to us that the owner had sold it. It would be one thing if I had only made a verbal contract with them to buy the car, but I made a deposit to hold the car. The money wasn't taken from my credit card, because they sold it too fast to process the deposit. We had already taken the loan out with the bank and I've had to jump through some hoops to get a power of attorney granted so that the title and tags can be handled in my name. Also, we had already insured the car so that my family could drive it home, worry free. So now, we'll have to explain to the insurance company why we have to cancel the insurance. I was told that "it's just business" and that they were doing what any business would do, but breaking not only a verbal contract, but a security deposit goes beyond unethical in my opinion. I know a lot of people in the northeast TN area and southwest VA areas. Also, I am currently attached to Ft Bragg and I will be letting everyone within in ear shot (and email) that Rogers Automotive Group cannot be trusted.

Herbie, Kenneth and Charlotte