Renton Honda

West Hills Honda

InspektorSproket
5/07/2016

"Buyers Beware"

This dealer attempted to sell us a $26,000 car for $32,000, and severely low-balled the value of our trade-in as well. Negotiations are standard during car purchasing, but the "options" AutoNation demanded we buy bordered on fraudulent. This dealer operates the way all dealers used to in the 70's and 80's, which would be fine if this weren't 2016. They openly used a four square technique, and attempted to force us to buy a theft protection package that looked like something you'd find at a bad-credit used car lot. If you've got challenged credit or other issues with buying a car at a better lot, this place may be OK for you, but if you can do business with any of the many other Honda dealers in the area, you'll have a more transparent, honest, friendly, and enjoyable experience. Give any of them a try before you subject yourself to this flash from the past.

Saif

Nai V.
5/05/2016

"Second car with Auto Nation Renton"

This is our second car with Honda Auto Nation and the process couldnt be easier!! Pablo Orijuela helped us out with good options and went beyond our expectations.. We got the best service and we would defenatelly come back and do business here.

Pablo Orijuela

Patrick Ryan
3/27/2016

"Great Experience"

James Salinas and Brian Reder really care about their customers. I have leased two cars from Brian and James the last four years, and James takes the time to explain my options, answer any questions and do what's best for me, not just the bottom line for his sales. I traded in my lease but the car I wanted was on shipment. James took me home (I didn't plan and only brought one car) and I came back a few days later to pick up my new car. Great experience. I send all of my friends to Renton Honda with confidence.

James Salinas Brian Reder

eh2017
3/01/2016

"Wonderful Saleman Nate Nhat Nguyen"

It was an enjoyable experience at Renton Honda, I'm highly recommended Nate Nhat Nguyen if anyone wants to buy a car, exchange the car or just looking for a car, go see him. I was so lucky to work with him. he is very knowledgeable, not pushy, trustworthy, and he was very attentive and spent a lot of time with me answering my questions, taking test drives and letting me make a decision under no pressure. Walked me through the process, explained things well ( before and after the sale), did an excellent job helping me get the car I wanted for the right fair price. Above and beyond customer service, thank you very much for your great customer service, NATE !

Nate Nhat Nguyen

Jakeulrey01
1/30/2016

"Timing belt pkg."

Very happy about the service we recieved on our honda pilot. Bill Ackerman at the service counter was very friendly and informative. They loaned us a beautiful car for the night and completed the work in a timely manner. So happy we went with Renton Honda Service Center after researching and dreading having our car worked on for service work. Have not purchased a car there but will definitely start there next time we are in need.

Bill Ackerman

ashsmith2291
1/22/2016

"Oil change"

I bought my car here 2 years ago with a maintenance plan so I got like 6 free oil changes. I used them all like three oil changes ago, so yesterday I went in with enough money to pay for routine maintenance and probably a transmission flush(Burien Honda said I needed one asap) I made an appointment online for the same day and dropped my car off with Tim Collins. He was so helpful and nice. He was searching through his computer for something then finally looked at me and said "so there is no charge for you today" I couldn't believe it. He told me the oil changes I prepaid for when I bought the car were all used but I never got my first complimentary oil change you get for just buying the car! He also helped me schedule an appointment for the next day so they could do a system update (whatever recal there was on the civics) When I got there the next day he remembered me and waved when I walked through the door. Just a fantastic employee all around, who probably doesn't get as much recognition as he should. So thank you Tim for all your help. I look forward to seeing you next time I need an oil change!!!

Tim Collins

CRVgoBoom
1/16/2016

"Perhaps they hit a desperate patch"

Unlike many of the reviewers on this site, I had a negative experience at Autonation Renton Honda. The difference may be attributable to the fact that I was looking for a used car and most of the reviews on this site are from people who bought new cars; or, perhaps they just hit a desperate patch. Either way, I was not treated well. I went to Renton Honda to test drive a 2013 CRV that was advertised online. I liked the car and offered them $1,000 less than the online price (which had come down several times, as the car had been on the market for a while). After some back and forth involving both the sales associate and the sales manager, they finally understood that I was not there to negotiate, even though I had made it clear from the beginning that it was a take-it-or-leave-it offer. When they agreed to the price, I let them know that I was pressed for time and that I just wanted to make a down payment, sign a purchase agreement, and finish all the paperwork involved in the transaction the next day. They said that they understood and directed me to the finance area, leading me to believe that the the finance manager would get me the purchase agreement and take my down payment. After about 15 minutes, the sales manager called me into his office and started going through the full set of documents very quickly, keeping up a constant stream of friendly chit chat. I indicated again that I needed to be somewhere soon, but he just offered to let me use his phone and kept going through the documents. To speed things along, I agreed to do the financing through the dealership, as the finance manager assured me that, with my credit rating, I would get a good rate. To make a long story short, they pushed through the full set of documents, I missed my appointment, and the interest rate they gave me to finance the car was a full point higher than I would have gotten anywhere else. The last bit of unpleasantness occurred the next day, when I went to pick up the car. I met the finance manager, who had someone bring the car up, and then he told me to wait while he found the original sales associate I had dealt with so he could fill the gas tank ("Because we always fill the tank for Certified Pre-owned Cars"). Ten minutes later the sales associate arrived, and he seemed irritated at having to deal with us, as he was working with another customer. When I told him that we were waiting for the tank to be filled, he looked in at gas gauge and said that the tank was almost half full, which was good for a used car, and then he walked away. We were left on our own to get in the car a drive away.

Carlos Candelas Silva, Soudchai "JC" Chanthaphone, Josh Graham

Loislee
1/15/2016

"Ossman was great!"

The dealership sold me a used Kia Soul. A month later, the door wouldn't open on the drivers side. It was not covered under the warranty, but, they fixed it for free. They paid for it themselves. That's great service!

Ossman Jibril

Nothappy
12/11/2015

"Service"

I tried to talk to Josh Trisack for service problem. I left my phone number and numerous calls, no call from Josh. What kind of the service was this? When customer asked you to call back, you just ignore them? Very bad service and no customer service at all.

Josh Trisack

IMFuji
12/03/2015

"The #1 Renton Car Dealership!"

This was my first big purchase and I couldn't have asked for a better customer service experience! When I walked into every dealership (I went to 5 other dealerships) the first thing I said to ALL of the sales reps was "I am not here to purchase a car today, I am just looking around and to test drive the cars I am interested in." Honda was the ONLY dealership that didn't pressure me to buy a car that day. They were respectful to my wishes and thats why I came back. James was VERY knowledgable and had a laid back attitude which I loved! I couldn't be happier with my New Honda!!

Wil Sandoval, Brian Reder, James Salinas

Renton Honda responded to this review

December 04, 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so pleased that you came back to Renton Honda to make your purchase! We know you have many options when you are looking to buy a vehicle, and appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns! Best regards, Angela McKenzie Senior Customer Care Specialist