Rich's Car Corner

Rich's Car Corner
Rich's Car Corner Info

Honda908
5/22/2013

"I am just out of college and wanted to find a car that I..."

I am just out of college and wanted to find a car that I could use for work. I found a 2000 Honda Accord with 91,000 miles on their site. On their website they listed the car at $6250. I decided to take my Mother along since this was my first car. We test drove the car and it seemed great except the muffler seemed like it had a leak because it was a little loud then it should be. So we asked Frank about it and he looked under the car and said, "it doesn't have an exhaust pipe." I thought that was a little funny but asked what he would do for the price. He checked and apparently he could only take off $150. We called our family mechanic who we trust and he said that it would be at least $350 and up to $450. He asked and was like there is no way, but he insisted and referred us to a muffler guy in Everett. (Now I did call the muffler guy and got a quote of $150). So I wasn't very concerned about that. Since it was my first time I referred to my mother for a lot of the questions. My mother is very smart and has a masters degree. We both chose, since the car drove so well, that we would not take the warranty. Since it was a Sunday we could not take the car to my mechanic and I needed the car for Monday. While I drove the car to work which is only 10 miles from home, the brake light flashed on. When I got home it was late and I could do nothing about the brake light. Luckily I was able to borrow a car on Tuesday and I scheduled my car to get to the shop today (Wednesday). I just received an email from my mechanic with a list of repairs that total over $6000. With the breaks this is what my mechanic says "The left rear parking brake adjuster shaft seal has a large brake fluid leak, The lower caliper slider movement on each rear rotor is inhibited, Brake fluid leakage of any amount is of great concern because it could lead to unexpected, sudden and complete loss of braking, Deep heat stress cracks in rear brake pads; the pads are not worn out but have been overheated or are a grade that cannot tolerate normal heat loads, This has caused pieces of the pad to break off on both side sets of pads; causing less surface for stopping power." There is also no heat shield, apparently there is no battery assembly so that the battery could bounce and cause an explosion, and there are a bunch of other things. Ugh! I could have easily gotten in to an accident when I was test driving it. How could they have let someone leave the lot with this car when it is in such bad shape?

Frank Northup

Juliemorrowwhite
8/15/2012

"I have bought 4 cars from Rich's Car Corner. These guys..."

I have bought 4 cars from Rich's Car Corner. These guys are legit. They know how to find good cars and sell them at an affordable rate. I will keep going back over and over. Quick story: I just recently bought a car from Rich's and unfortunately the same day I bought the car, it was stolen. Fortunately the police recovered it quickly, but in the meantime while I was in limbo, Rich's gave me a loaner car to use until my car was recovered. WOW. NO other used car dealership would do this. These guys are family and car hobbyists. They sell cars to support their love for restoring old classic cars. They are not out to get you, or sell you lemons. They want to help people get into the right car. I recommend checking Rich’s online site first before you go in to buy. The online prices are usually $500-$1,000 less than the sticker price. So shop smart. Don't waste your time. These guys reward you for knowing what you want when you get there. Call ahead and they will even get your financing pre-approved. Bad credit or no credit, they will work with you.

Jim and Ray

dgludden
3/07/2009

"i bought a ford escort zx2 from car corner 6500 miles..."

i bought a ford escort zx2 from car corner 6500 miles ago; & it has operated problem free. i got it for $900 under book value. i was looking for a toyota, nissan, or other car with wider reputation (experience) of being reliable. glen suggested the escort. i demured. i finally listened to glen and took it for a drive. i loved the drivability; it's the funnest car to drive that i have owned, and it is so reliable. glen had discussed my desire with me, on the phone, and based his suggestion on his knowledge of my desire and his stock. i could not have had an easier, or more enjoyable buying experience. I went to car corner because my best friend bought her vehicle there. about two weeks after i bought it, a neighbor inquired. we talked. he shared that his experience purchasing a car was the same as mine. yup, you guessed it, he bought it at car corner; he'd been helped by both glen and his brother. if i buy another used vehicle i will definately return to rich's. david Ludden

glen

JusticeNOW
3/06/2008

"I purchased a car from this dealer in January with a..."

I purchased a car from this dealer in January with a settlement I received that totaled my orignal car. Unfortunatly, the vehicle purchased at Rich's Car Corner broke down two days after purchase!!! It has been only a week over one month since I purchased the vehicle and NOW the transmition must be replaced. If I repair the transmition, the repairs will have cost me more than the car! When I confronted them on the issue before I took the car to the shop for the second visit, I was took it was my problem and they could only assist with a discount for parts! Completely dissatified!

Glenn