Roto Subaru

1555 E Rand Rd,
Arlington Heights, Illinois 60004
Roto Subaru Info
About Roto Subaru

We have been a Subaru franchise since March 1978. That makes the oldest Subaru dealer along with the first Subaru Dealership in Illinois. We are proud to be serving our customers for over 36 years! Since our days have opened we have been a family operated business. Our team at Roto Subaru would like to thank you for visiting our website and continue support! We have a skilled and knowledgeable sales staff with many years of experience satisfying our customers' needs. Located in Arlington Heights, Illinois, the staff at Roto Subaru will help you find the Subaru vehicle you want. At Roto Subaru we offer a searchable online inventory of new Subaru cars in Arlington Heights, along with well-maintained used cars by today's top manufacturers. Come on in and take a test drive! Our sales staff will help you find that new Subaru or quality used car that you have been searching for. For years, the financial staff at Roto Subaru has offered expert advice for those seeking an affordable Subaru car loan or lease. Our service doesn't just stop there. Arlington Heights customers can come in and take advantage of our knowledgeable Subaru car repair technicians and a fully-stocked inventory of Subaru auto parts. Whether you are looking for a Subaru, or a pre-owned car or truck, Roto Subaru is here to help. If you would rather discuss your options with our friendly sales staff, click on Directions for interactive driving directions. We are conveniently located at 1555 E Rand Rd. The entire staff at Roto Subaru looks forward to serving you!

About Roto Subaru

Dknowling
7/25/2015

"Excellent Purchase Experience"

We just bought our second Subaru from Roto. Paul Forsythe deserves a big thank you for making both purchases a pleasure. I was undecided as to which model to buy this time, and Paul was knowledgeable and helpful as we test drove and returned several times before making a choice. He earned our respect and repeat business by being accommodating, professional, and honest with us. There was never any pressure to buy, just good salesmanship. I recommend that you buy a Subaru because they are terrific, reliable, reasonably priced cars. Be sure to ask for Paul Forsythe when you go to Roto for your vehicle.

Paul Forsythe

Rick R.
6/20/2015

"2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R Purchase"

Wanted to take a moment to give a very positive rating for the purchase process of our new 2015 Subaru Outback at Roto Subaru / Mazda in Arlington Heights, IL, and in particular for individuals Joe McAvoy (primary sales), Bob Swanson (secondary sales because Joe was out of office for a few days), and Tim Nickels (service director). The overall process was honest and straight forward (no surprises). Additionally, while it was necessary to order the Outback from the Lafayette Indiana plant with a predicted lead time of 7 weeks, the vehicle was delivered in less than 3 weeks, which was quite helpful to our family during this busy summer. Oh, and by-the-way, we are loving the 2015 Outback 3.6R.

Joe McAvoy, Bob Swanson, Tim Nickels

martinsfam
5/08/2015

"New Car Purchase and long-time Customer"

We have been using Roto for a number of years, including when they were a Ford Dealership. I even take our Jeep 2013 there for Body Work and plan to go there for maintenance as well on the Jeep. The 2010 Mazda we own has been serviced by them from Day 1 and I have zero complaints. I have also had the 2010 Mazda Body work done there. Recently we purchased a 2015 Outback and I must say Marc Bernat was an absolute professional . We did our research ahead of time and new what the price range was and they were able to get within 800 bucks. We had to order the vehicle we wanted, we put 2000 down and received the vehicle 30 days later. There were no issues and Marc spent a lot of time going over the vehicle with us and showing all the features the Outback has. I have to say over the years working with Roto they have always taken care of to my satisfaction any issue that has ever come up. The Mazda 2010 had some minor issues during the warranty period such as Key remote not working, Light burn out and they were replaced per the Warranty. Service desk has some very good folks , very helpful and explain everything.

Marc Bernat

May 08, 2015

Thanks for taking time out of your day to share your wonderful experience with us. We are pleased to know that you were happy with our sales, service and body shop department. Hope you have a great weekend!

rilly jo
4/09/2015

"Used Vehicle purchase"

Purchased a vehicle from there recently, salesman was nice to work with. After I left lot and got on a quieter street, I noticed some rattling. So i go get that taken care of and when the car was on a hoist, there was a HEAD GASKET LEAK. That is a major issue and disappointment as it will be expensive to get fixed. Before buying, when i popped the hood I did notice coolant reservoir was below the low level so I asked the salesman was there any problems to which he said no but that he would have mechanic pull it into the shop an look at it. He said the mechanic said everything looked alright and topped off the fluids. However, the dealer I took it to said that this definitely did not just happen and the dealer should have noticed this. If you are going to buy a used car here, I would totally recommend taking a mechanic along so you do not run into an unfortunate event like me.

Ryan Powles and another sales agent

April 15, 2015

Thank you for this review. We are looking into which mechanic looked at this vehicle. Tim, the new service manager does not take this situation lightly. We are sorry for the inconvenience and hope that we are able to grow from this lesson. Sale managers are going to talk to staff about informing future customers the option to have a used vehicle inspected by a mechanic of their choice. The hardest part with used vehicles is that they are sold as is. Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns with us.

rilly jo responded to this review

April 13, 2015

If I would of been offered that option it would of been nice. However, I guess the reason I was more upset is because the salesman said he had the mechanic at Roto check the coolant since it was low to see if it was a problem and said nothing was wrong, its ok.

boo
3/08/2015

"Be Careful how you give a deposit while 'shopping' for a car"

My wife and I had been shopping for a new subaru, and were window shopping at Roto Subaru, among other dealers. During this process, I was corresponding with Joe McAvoy, one of their salesmen, and he asked me to put a $500 deposit with Roto, to show them I was serious, and in other words, signal them that " they could go to work in helping me find a car ". I didn't think anything of this at the time, and gave him my cc number over the phone. I didn't sign anything about this, and I " paid for this 'deposit' " with my credit card ... not a debit card, or a digital check. Later, when I decided to buy a car elsewhere, I asked him to return the $ and he said NO. I then contacted Subaru, and they said they didn't get in the middle of things like this, showing they don't care either about 1 buyer like myself, to the extent they're going to get into arguments with one of their dealers who make them thousands and thousands of dollars! They did say they talked with the sales mgr. and he said it was not Roto's policy to return people's $, in situations like this: Where I'm just shopping and haven't made any commitment nor signed anything understanding the money would not be returned if I didn't buy a car from them! Sooo ... I told the credit card company I didn't agree to the payment, ... and as it turned out, ... of course they returned the money to me, as they knew this was illegal to keep the money without a signed document showing I understood the money would not be refunded! Now, I'm writing this to help anyone else who might find themselves in this situation. If you do agree to a deposit, make sure you use only a credit card, because with that, you'll have recourse later. If you pay with cash, debit, or check ... the money is gone within minutes of paying, and then you're at their mercy as to whether they return it or not! If you do sign something, make sure you understand it before signing, because after it's signed, you won't have any recourse from that either! Most 'reputable' dealers are willing to go the whole nine yards in helping you buy a car from them, and know if you don't, that's all part of the game, and are not gonna try to charge you money for doing what's part of the job they need to do with any prospective customer! Hope someone can learn from this ... and to be on the safe side, rather than even dealing with a company like Roto, who'll probably find other ways of screwing you later, after the sale ... I'd recommend Grand Subaru, who bent over backwards to put us in the new car we're in now!

Joe McAvoy

Boz11
11/23/2014

"Great Sales Experience"

I had an excellent experience with Roto Subaru. It was the most hassle free experience my husband and I have had in our 43 years of purchasing vehicles together. If you want the best salesman on the earth see Paul Forsythe he is knowledgeable and will see to it that you will walk out of the dealership with what you want, not what the dealership wants you push off on you. Paul is very knowledgeable about the vehicles he sells. We purchased a Legacy and love, love, it! This vehicle was our first Subaru and it will not be our last. If you want a positive experience both my husband and I recommend Roto Subaru.

Paul Forsythe

December 04, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this nice message for us.

cabplan
7/18/2014

"Horrible Service Experience - RESOLVED"

So I scheduled my new car to be service today to have a tire replaced and a interior stain removed. Let me explain the whole scenario, keep in mind my car is no more than 3 months old we bought from your dealership A few days prior my wife got a flat tire on the highway, so I called the Service department and scheduled for the replacement tire that was put on there to be replaced with the correct tire. The guy on the phone setup the appointment said I was all good to go for a 11am appointment. He did not ask me anything else, he said he had all the information he needed. He confirm my vehicle model and that was it. My wife got to the dealership at 11am and after waiting an hour and half with our sick child, someone comes out and tells her that there was never a tire even ordered in the first place. WHAT??? I spoke with another Service person at the Service desk and he asked what was the name of the gentleman I spoke to, I told him "I did not ask him his name, why would I have to ask a service person their name" and the other issue with this is, why did it take an HOUR AND A HALF for someone to discover there was not even a tire for this service I thought we were getting. That is completely unacceptable. Now I have to take more time to come back when this tire actual arrives to get a service done that I thought was getting done today. Ridiculous. For a successful dealership as large as you guys are, I am completely appalled at the first experience we just had at your dealership. UPDATED***********So this review was written immediately after this bad experience. After writing an email to Roto customer service, a wonderful Service Manager, Kim C, completely went above and beyond to help me fix my experience. Once the new tire came in, she met me there, got me in and out very quickly and she reimbursed me for the tire we had to pay for from the other auto body place. Now the experience was a bad one for my wife but this did please her to find that not everyone in the dealership is incompetent and they have very hard workers trying to make the experience pleasant. Thank you Kim C and team for all you assistance in fixing my experience.

Kim C

July 28, 2014

Hi Chris, I am so happy that we were able to work with you quickly and get the situation turned around right away. We look forward to see you on your next visit!

cabplan responded to this review

July 26, 2014

So this review was written immediately after this bad experience. After writing an email to Roto customer service, a wonderful Service Manager, Kim C, completely went above and beyond to help me fix my experience. Once the new tire came in, she met me there, got me in and out very quickly and she reimbursed me for the tire we had to pay for from the other auto body place. Now the experience was a bad one for my wife but this did please her to find that not everyone in the dealership is incompetent and they have very hard workers trying to make the experience pleasant. Thank you Kim C for all you assistance in fixing my experience.

Lililoais
5/20/2014

"Sweet talk scammers"

They would literally tell you "we are family" but if you let your guard down they will scam you. Pre-Owen vehicles are not properly serviced and will not offer warranty . This people will do ANYTHING to scam ,sweet talk to you and after you find out something is not right with the numbers and try to call them they will not answer or return your call ,even the finance manager will get you if you let your guard down. I really really don't recommend this dealership , save your self some headaches and save some buck by not doing business with this people. I hope you read this and learn from my mistake, god bless , beware of salesman frank.G and finance manager jeff

June 09, 2014

On behalf of the Roto Subaru Mazda team here, I sincerely apologize that you had an unpleasant experience. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback.

aj676
4/29/2014

"I love me some Ryan! ....and Roto Subaru."

What a fantastic sales person! Ryan was super responsive, extremely knowledgeable and made this a wonderful experience. I searched high and low for a specific car and Ryan had it.....along with the best price. Traveled 450 miles each way and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Ryan Powles

dweber52
4/18/2014

"Seamless Experience!"

My experience with Roto Subaru and their Fleet Manager Joe McAvoy was an absolutely professional stress free and seamless experience from start to finish. I would highly recommend that anyone in the market for a Subaru contact Joe for a very enjoyable buying experience.

Joe McAvoy