Roto Subaru

Roto Subaru

Call
Roto Subaru Info
About Roto Subaru

We have been a Subaru franchise since March 1978. That makes the oldest Subaru dealer along with the first Subaru Dealership in Illinois. We are proud to be serving our customers for over 36 years! Since our days have opened we have been a family operated business. Our team at Roto Subaru would like to thank you for visiting our website and continue support! We have a skilled and knowledgeable sales staff with many years of experience satisfying our customers' needs. Located in Arlington Heights, Illinois, the staff at Roto Subaru will help you find the Subaru vehicle you want. At Roto Subaru we offer a searchable online inventory of new Subaru cars in Arlington Heights, along with well-maintained used cars by today's top manufacturers. Come on in and take a test drive! Our sales staff will help you find that new Subaru or quality used car that you have been searching for. For years, the financial staff at Roto Subaru has offered expert advice for those seeking an affordable Subaru car loan or lease. Our service doesn't just stop there. Arlington Heights customers can come in and take advantage of our knowledgeable Subaru car repair technicians and a fully-stocked inventory of Subaru auto parts. Whether you are looking for a Subaru, or a pre-owned car or truck, Roto Subaru is here to help. If you would rather discuss your options with our friendly sales staff, click on Directions for interactive driving directions. We are conveniently located at 1555 E Rand Rd. The entire staff at Roto Subaru looks forward to serving you!

About Roto Subaru

"Horrible Service Experience - RESOLVED"

So I scheduled my new car to be service today to have a tire replaced and a interior stain removed. Let me explain the whole scenario, keep in mind my car is no more than 3 months old we bought from your dealership A few days prior my wife got a flat tire on the highway, so I called the Service department and scheduled for the replacement tire that was put on there to be replaced with the correct tire. The guy on the phone setup the appointment said I was all good to go for a 11am appointment. He did not ask me anything else, he said he had all the information he needed. He confirm my vehicle model and that was it. My wife got to the dealership at 11am and after waiting an hour and half with our sick child, someone comes out and tells her that there was never a tire even ordered in the first place. WHAT??? I spoke with another Service person at the Service desk and he asked what was the name of the gentleman I spoke to, I told him "I did not ask him his name, why would I have to ask a service person their name" and the other issue with this is, why did it take an HOUR AND A HALF for someone to discover there was not even a tire for this service I thought we were getting. That is completely unacceptable. Now I have to take more time to come back when this tire actual arrives to get a service done that I thought was getting done today. Ridiculous. For a successful dealership as large as you guys are, I am completely appalled at the first experience we just had at your dealership. UPDATED***********So this review was written immediately after this bad experience. After writing an email to Roto customer service, a wonderful Service Manager, Kim C, completely went above and beyond to help me fix my experience. Once the new tire came in, she met me there, got me in and out very quickly and she reimbursed me for the tire we had to pay for from the other auto body place. Now the experience was a bad one for my wife but this did please her to find that not everyone in the dealership is incompetent and they have very hard workers trying to make the experience pleasant. Thank you Kim C and team for all you assistance in fixing my experience.

Kim C

Roto Subaru responded to this review

July 28, 2014

Hi Chris, I am so happy that we were able to work with you quickly and get the situation turned around right away. We look forward to see you on your next visit!

cabplan responded to this review

July 26, 2014

So this review was written immediately after this bad experience. After writing an email to Roto customer service, a wonderful Service Manager, Kim C, completely went above and beyond to help me fix my experience. Once the new tire came in, she met me there, got me in and out very quickly and she reimbursed me for the tire we had to pay for from the other auto body place. Now the experience was a bad one for my wife but this did please her to find that not everyone in the dealership is incompetent and they have very hard workers trying to make the experience pleasant. Thank you Kim C for all you assistance in fixing my experience.

"Sweet talk scammers"

They would literally tell you "we are family" but if you let your guard down they will scam you. Pre-Owen vehicles are not properly serviced and will not offer warranty . This people will do ANYTHING to scam ,sweet talk to you and after you find out something is not right with the numbers and try to call them they will not answer or return your call ,even the finance manager will get you if you let your guard down. I really really don't recommend this dealership , save your self some headaches and save some buck by not doing business with this people. I hope you read this and learn from my mistake, god bless , beware of salesman frank.G and finance manager jeff

Roto Subaru responded to this review

June 09, 2014

On behalf of the Roto Subaru Mazda team here, I sincerely apologize that you had an unpleasant experience. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback.

"I love me some Ryan! ....and Roto Subaru."

What a fantastic sales person! Ryan was super responsive, extremely knowledgeable and made this a wonderful experience. I searched high and low for a specific car and Ryan had it.....along with the best price. Traveled 450 miles each way and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Ryan Powles

"Seamless Experience!"

My experience with Roto Subaru and their Fleet Manager Joe McAvoy was an absolutely professional stress free and seamless experience from start to finish. I would highly recommend that anyone in the market for a Subaru contact Joe for a very enjoyable buying experience.

Joe McAvoy

"Incredible experience!"

As a former Executive Manager in the Automotive Industry (managed 2 different Subaru dealerships) I set out online to shop for nothing other than price on an Outback Limited with Eyesight and the Special Appearance Pkg. I had done all of my research, drove the car, knew exactly what I wanted, knew the cars exact dealer cost, didn't have a trade in and was paying cash. Its was utterly amazing the types of responses that I received from 5-6 Chicago land Subaru Dealers. Most just blew me off when I included my offer until I received Joe McAvoy's email and phone call. He was extremely engaging and professional in every aspect of our negotiation whether it was by text, email or on the phone. I could go on for hours talking about how elated my wife and I were with our experience with Joe. I would highly recommend to ANYBODY that is looking at purchasing a vehicle make Joe McAvoy your number one destination. My expectations were just blow away by the entire process. Joe through our many conversations asked what I did for a living and my response was simply "Joe I will tell you once I have paid for the car". After writing the check for the car I did finally tell him that I have spent the last 25 years or so managing large dealership groups. Joe had no idea, so it goes to show you that he is a real true professional and a very rare commodity in this business! Go see Joe McAvoy for your next car! Thanks Joe, Bill and Beth Sinko

Joe McAvoy

"I purchased an incoming 2014 Forester XT, Joe McAvoy was..."

I purchased an incoming 2014 Forester XT, Joe McAvoy was the salesperson I worked with. I've purchased a new Subaru about every 3 years, and I didn't think that I could better the last experience I had, but Joe McAvoy did just that. He kept me up to date on the status of the arriving vehicle, which fortunately for me arrived ahead of schedule, and was very accommodating when it came time for me to pick up the car. The pricing was great, and was certainly well worth my time having came from out of town. While I had a personal issue which prevented me from being available to pick up the car when I originally intended, which meant Joe was unavailable when I went to pick up the car, the staff that was there were amazingly efficient, accommodating and helpful. The finance person, Joe Gringas was great to deal with as well and got me a great deal on a Subaru Gold extended warranty. All in all, this is probably the best dealership experience I've ever had, and I've purchased about 1/2 dozen new cars. While I had arranged many of the details ahead of time, and it wasn't especially busy when I picked up the car, I was able to go through the process in well under an hour, and everything was painless as possible. The folks that work in this dealership aren't there to do anything but get you on the road as soon as possible, and I really appreciate that, I'm not there to make a new friend or learn what I already know about the car, I'm there to buy the car and move on to the next thing I need to do. I'm enjoying my new Forester, I'm glad I purchased my car from Roto, and I would put them at the top of the list when I purchase my next Subaru. If you're purchasing a new Subaru in the midwest, Joe McAvoy is the person you want to talk to, but in fairness the rest of the staff seemed great as well. Whenever I see a glowing review like this, I wonder if it's for real, but I assure you that it is, and you can find a review I had written of my last purchase at another dealership as well, but I do think the folks at Roto did even better.

Joe McAvoy, Ryan Powles, Bob Swanson, Joe Gingras

"Avoid!!! They're the worst dealership I ever dealt..."

Avoid!!! They're the worst dealership I ever dealt with. Went there to fix my check engine light on extended warranty they just cleared it because my warranty was ending in a week, a week later the light went back on again they said I have to pay 500$ to fix it and they also found couple other thing that were broken. Before I went to roto mazda first time I went to my local mechanic which said its a egr valve which the dealer said to pay 500$ to replace it after warranty ended.

idk

"Ryan was great. He answered all my emails as I posed..."

Ryan was great. He answered all my emails as I posed questions to narrow down my choices. He was very professional and got me in and out of the dealership in less than 3 hours. I hope that the service (on the extended warranty I purchased) is as good as the sales experience. Kismet Saglam

Ryan Powles

"The dealers there were very confident, flexible,..."

The dealers there were very confident, flexible, communicated well, and agree with your opnions for the price. I would recommend this place to everyone who wants to buy a new car.

Joseph S.McAVOY

"A+++++ dealership! Everyone from walking in door, all the..."

A+++++ dealership! Everyone from walking in door, all the way through the finance paper work, and service department was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. They price their vehicles very competitively and fair, and don't try to play games like other dealerships I have been to. My sales rep Jeremy was very attentive in listening to my needs and helped me get in the right vehicle at a great price! Not only that but the warranty that I got added on was a great value especially with the amount of driving I will be doing in this car (approx. 30,000+ per year) not your average commuter. I recently went back for my permanent plates with out an appointment and was pleasantly surprised that Jeremy as well as his manager Frank remembered me by name upon entering and got me all set up right away. Jeremy even took my car around for a wash without me even asking. I have already recommended this dealership to my friends and family and do the same to anyone looking for a above and beyond car buying experience! Justin B. Rolling Meadows, IL

Jeremy