San Marcos Toyota

Charles Maund Toyota

Cavender Toyota

Tony G
10/19/2015

"lied to to sell a vehicle- wont stand behind written promise"

Vehicle was delivered in very filthy condition, and in need of major repair after being promised it was perfect and did not need anything after going through service. The vehicle has multiple bearings out in the transfer case and makes a very loud noise at all speeds. I was guaranteed in writing that the Jeep needed nothing, had that not been said, I would not have followed through with the purchase. I called and spoke with Ernesto who is a sales manager at the dealership, the day the Jeep arrived and the noise was noticed. Ernesto said he understood my dissatisfaction and would help figure out a solution. He did not call back, so today 10/19/2015 1 week later, I followed up and he said they will do nothing to stand behind their written guarantees. I asked for the general sales manager to call me back. 10 minutes later a different sales manager called me named Mike and Mike said the general sales manager didn't want to deal with the problem so he asked him to handle it. I explained it all again to Mike and Mike stated they will do nothing to assist with the problems I'm experienced and that I should have known better when purchasing a used vehicle. To me, that says that they don't care, wont stand behind written guarantees and are in the business to steal from people and lie. To top all of this off, the vehicle was delivered in disgusting condition and they also won't stand behind that. They laughed at me when I was pleading for help.

Chandler, Mike, Ernesto

dowdydl
9/09/2015

"Extremely pleasant purchase experience!!!"

Cody McCormick was my sales rep and he was truly outstanding. He listened to all of my concerns and made this purchase one of the best ever. Mike Cartner was the sales manager and he put the finishing touches on and made this deal possible. I truly would like to thank Cody and Mike for making this a very pleasant experience. I look forward to purchasing from San Marcos Toyota in the future.

Cody McCormick and Mike Cartner

Robert Robles
8/08/2015

"Customer Service needs help"

I went into the dealership to look at some new cars. I was approached by the sale person, Manny, which seemed to be bothered that he had to get out onto the lot. I told him that I was looking at the 2015 Corollas so he took me to look at them and then took me for a test drive. During the test drive, he was very quiet and not telling me anything about the car. I had to ask him questions for him to say anything. When I did ask him questions, he seem a little lost so I let it pass. I completed the test drive and started talking numbers. I told him that when I had went to another dealership, that they told me that they would give me a certain amount for my car and he stated that I should had got it in writing with a rude tone. I told him that that is what I wanted and he told me that he did not know if that would be possible. He went on and asked me what it would take to get me into the car and I told him the right numbers before we can talk about buying the car. He told me that he was talking numbers so I told to go and see what is the best they could give me for my car. He came back with a low ball number and I told him the amount I wanted and nothing less. He went back and got what I wanted so he went and told the finance person to start the paperwork. When he came back, he stated that I should come back tomorrow and get my things out of the old car. He stated that because they were about to close. When he went to check with the finance person, I told another salesperson to tell Manny that the deal was off. So, I decided to give the dealership a second chance. I went in for an oil change and started looking at cars again. This time Sam came to help me. Sam was professional and very knowledgeable. Everything he told me, he made it happen. We went on a test drive and he was telling me about different features. He got me a good trade in amount and he made sure I was happy. He stayed after hours to take care of the deal. When I was waiting for the finance person, Sam was going over the warranty info when the finance person came in and told Sam that he better hurry up and get me to sign before I walk out on him again. I was real close to walking out again because of this moron statement but I stuck it out. I will probably never again buy from this dealership because of their lack of professionalism. Whenever I decide to buy another car, I hope to get Sam again but with some other dealership. I really hope this never happen to anyone else.

Sam and Manny

Dolores
3/17/2015

"New car buying experience"

Today was my 3rd time to buy a new Camry from San Marcos Toyota. I give them 5 stars again. My salesman was Chandler Grant and he was very fair and explained the whole process for me and I drove away a very happy new car owner! Dolores

Chandler Grant

Bing1972
8/04/2014

"Robbed awake"

I got ripped off big time. Took my car for routine oil change. Advisor said that our brakes needs replacement. So agree for safety reason. My car doesn't have any issues at all. When I picked up my car after they replace the brakes it's not running right. We took it back the same day but no one can explain or available to check what's the problem. We're advised to come back the following business day. That's so inconvenient. The thing that upset me really bad when we took the car again and we're being told that our front shocks need to be replaced. And it's more than $700. We don't have any issues until they touched my car. They are extortionist...not going back to this dealership again and I was supposed to get another Toyota for my son..but not anymore. Toyota cars are good but the people that you're dealing with can't be trusted...

Paron Smith

Jh1327
12/27/2012

"Promised car in two weeks. Called and was Told would've..."

Promised car in two weeks. Called and was Told would've another week? Wtf! Communication would have been nice. Would not have used this auto body shop if I was told this. Don't go here!!!!!ever heard of over promised under delivered?

Victor

retelano
12/21/2012

"Our tires were rotated at the 5000 mile maintenance...."

Our tires were rotated at the 5000 mile maintenance. Service was fine there. We had problems with the paint on our new Toyota Camry. Both the service manager and the body shop manager looked at the place on the car. They did not offer any satisfaction. We had purchased that car and two other new vehicles at your dealership. We will not purchase another one there.

Service Mgr. and Body Shop Mgr.

diana78131
11/13/2012

"When was the last time you took your car into the shop..."

When was the last time you took your car into the shop for repair and then was told (and shown) that everything was a-ok? Just happened to me. My car has 56000 on the original brakes, developed a right front tire squeak, and after some research I decided I MUST need a brake job. I mean it is 56000 miles. Took it to the shop, once the tech got the wheels off they came back and said the brakes are not worn at all. Just some brake dust collecting and causing the noise. An hour of the techs time.. and they charged me NOTHING! Thanks Toyota.. you have my business for sure..a dealer that is honest AND ethical.

Sonia

lucky928
4/22/2012

"My husband and I had researched the Toyota Tacoma's as It..."

My husband and I had researched the Toyota Tacoma's as It was time for me to get a new one. I traded in a 2002 Tacoma, Prerunner with 109,??? miles on it. We filled out a loan application on-line from our bank and was called within an hour saying they had us a check ready. We found what we/I wanted and went to San Marcos, Toyota as that is where we bought the 2002,I had all maintenance and any repairs done there as well. So,we trusted them. If we walked in the door and felt rushed,or pushed we have no problem walking out. We felt none of the above from Danny. he knew hie vehicles and what options I would or would not want. I drove a silver Tacoma and loved it,but I wanted a red one. San Marcos did not have one but somewhere in San Antonio they had exactly what I wanted. Danny let us drive the silver one home and the red one was on the lot the next morning. They did ask if they could try and beat the financing that the bank offered and we said sure. They did and we are happy with our purchase. Our trade in value on the 2002 was acceptable from what they offered. We do know we could have gotten double what we did get,but we did not want the headache. Danny is friendly, knowledgeable and very handsome to boot! So,what's not to be happy about.

Danny

markkenarry
4/04/2012

"Found my car on their website, price was fair, Cowin..."

Found my car on their website, price was fair, Cowin worked with me to get financing and finally felt like a person and not a number. Highly recommend.

Cowin