Shirlie Slack Mitsubishi

Shirlie Slack Mitsubishi Info

nvega
3/30/2015

"Great Experience"

Was looking for a older mini van with low miles. Found it on Cars.com at Shirlie Slack Mitsubishi in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Sent a e-mail and was contacted within 10 minutes by salesman Chris Casey. Was very friendly and helpful. I explained I was 1000 miles away in Kansas City. Mister Casey made numerous calls with myself and my credit union in regards to a 2008 Chevy Uplander mini van with less than 23000 miles on it. I flew out to the dealership in two weeks to take possession of the vehicle. Was very happy with the vehicle and all was as explained to me by mister Casey. Drove the vehicle to Kansas City with no problems. Very happy with my experience at the dealership and with mister Casey. Love the minivan.

Chris Casey

wwb4
3/24/2015

"Very judgmental and discriminatory dealership.........."

On the morning of Saturday March 21st 2015, I went to Shirlie Slack Mitsubishi to accompany my girlfriend while she had her vehicle serviced. She had purchased the vehicle there new a year prior, and had been experiencing an outgoing problem that her local Mitsubishi dealer had been unsuccessful in diagnosing after several visits. We trekked 40+ miles from Northern Virginia with the hope of a more thorough and comprehensive diagnosis. While waiting for her vehicle to be serviced, my girlfriend attempted to locate her original salesperson in hopes of having him show me several vehicles. She spoke to and approached Sal Sauceda whom advised her that her salesperson had changed his hours and position due to school. She asked if he could possibly assist with me several vehicles and told her that I had been considering vehicles throughout the US, but recommended Shirlie Slack due to their close proximity and the wonderful service she had received when she purchased her vehicle. Sal was originally eager to help, and I told him the vehicles I was interested in. He pulled up several options online that I was interested in, we selected one, he grabbed a key and we walked to the vehicle for a test drive. During the test drive he seemed knowledgeable, answered my questions, we discussed how long he had been at the dealership, he told us a bit about his family, and was even kind enough to allow us to stop by Panera and grab breakfast (my girlfriend even picked something up for him even though when asked he said he didn't want anything). My girlfriend was prodding about price and mentioned that I was a cash buyer and would not require any type of financing. He said even being a cash buyer the discount would only be several hundred dollars, and a comparable vehicle that they had sold a weekend prior which had been in their inventory for 8 months, only went for $500 off of asking. He told us that the dealership fully owns all of their used vehicles with no debt and has no need to rush to offload them. We continued to discuss the best cash price that could be offered on our way back to the dealership and I also mentioned what I liked and didn't like about the vehicle. I informed him that I was looking for several vehicles for my companies and was ideally seeking a hybrid vehicle and a truck. Upon arriving back to the dealership I saw another used vehicle parked up front that I was interested in. Sal offered to get the keys and asked if we wanted to eat breakfast prior to heading back out. He brought us to an empty desk, and shortly thereafter brought me to his desk to discuss the vehicle we had just got back from test driving. I told him my cash offer and then he disappeared into the office of his sales manager. Realizing that we were thousands of dollars apart (and I assume at the behest of his manager), he asked where I was getting my pricing from and if I could show him comparable vehicles in the price range that I offered online. He proceeded to turn his computer monitor towards me and slid his keyboard in my direction. I conducted an online vehicle search of comparable vehicles, and in under 5 minutes was able to show him several vehicles (from regional dealerships) being sold and offered for thousands of dollars less than the price he was offering. He said nothing further only acting a bit disappointed and immediately getting up and walking back into his sales manager's office. He came back out with the key to the truck, and my girlfriend and I headed out to take a look. This is where the interaction unfortunately turned interesting. While inspecting the vehicle, my girlfriend got it and buckled up assuming that Sal would be coming with a dealer tag for a test drive. After several minutes Sal appeared and said that we could not test drive the vehicle as it was a "specialty" vehicle and we would need to be qualified first (I had told him at least 6+ times that I was a potential cash buyer-the vehicle was a 2012 Ford F-150 Raptor w/60k miles), and that if I was not going to pay asking price, it was a waste of his time. He then followed up by saying he could show me some similar trucks that were $15k+ less and would probably be more "ideal" or "better" for me. It was at that point I realized what was transpiring, as both he and management were not happy that I was an intelligent and savvy shopper (previously showing them how their vehicle was thousands more than comparable vehicles offered at several regional dealerships). I was very put off by were the conversation had turned and walked back into the dealership with my girlfriend and Sal speechless. I simply could not believe what was happening and transpiring. I sit down back at Sal's desk and he disappears to back into his Sales Manager's office, while my girlfriend headed back to service to check on the status of her vehicle. Patty Slack comes out to greet me and shakes my hand , and I immediately tell her how put off I was about not being able to test drive a 3+ year old truck with 60k miles until I was "prequalified". She then proceeds to tell me that some buyers wanted specialty vehicles to have little to no miles on them when they're purchased. I responded by saying that the truck I was looking to test drive was 3+ years old and has 60k+ miles on it and was far from new and definitely did not have a few miles on it. She then proceeds to ask me if Sal told me about the story of the Ford Lightning (a vehicle that hasn't been produced since 2004), and the person that test drove it and blew up the motor. She told me that she was still traumatized by this story, and I told her that the SVT Lightning hadn't been produced in 11+ years, and are presently going for $8k-$15k max today in today's market. I told her that I was fully insured and had no problem providing proof of insurance for a test drive. I repeated to her that I was a potential cash buyer, and it didn't seem to me like she wanted to sell a vehicle to me. She repeated that she did want to sell me a vehicle, however she wanted to show me "how expensive the payments would be on the truck I was looking to test drive before I test drove it." At that point I could not believe that she had said what she had said, and asked her if she was in my shoes and someone said that to her, what she would say. She became speechless realizing the error of her words, and began to blush. I told her how unprofessional she was while customers and sales representatives gawked. I continued to tell her that I would not take a vehicle from her dealership even if it was given to me for free. It is unbelievable that in 2015 that the supposed and largest Mitsubishi dealership in the state of Virginia would treat a potential customer in this manner. I admit that I look much younger than I am, however I definitely don't feel as though that is an excuse to be treated in the manner in which I was treated. I have owned and purchased 6 luxury vehicles in the past 10 years, none of which have been financed. One of them retailing for approximately $70k, and another going for almost $100k. I am presently pursuing and exploring additional legal methods/options to ensure this type of treatment doesn't happen in the future.

Patty Slack and Sal Sauceda

Dmmjbm
10/17/2013

"I have been in the market for a new used vehicle for a..."

I have been in the market for a new used vehicle for a few months now and the folks at Shirlie Slack Mitsubishi provided exceptional customer service and professionalism. They worked with me to ensure I was able to go home with the new family vehicle I ce to look at. Surprisingly, they were even able to provide financing at a rate 2% below the rate I was quoted through my credit union, whom I've financed three previous vehicles through. I highly recommend this dealership and the quality employees you will find there!

Patty Slack, Mallie Stevens, Brandy

MillerRN
10/23/2012

"I have to say that my visits to Shirlie Slack Dealership..."

I have to say that my visits to Shirlie Slack Dealership were some of the worst experiences of my life! First visit- met my salesman, Will and discussed one of the vehicles on the lot. I was promised that the items of my concern would be addressed and I would be notified when the corrections were made. I received a call from Will in a timely manner telling me the Lexus was ready. Second visit- the vehicle issues that were discussed during the first visit were not corrected, but I decided to test the vehicle anyway. The salesman then had the key break when he went to start the vehicle. Again promised repairs would be made so that I could drive the car which included a new set of keys. I returned for the third time this last Sunday to drive the car after receiving several calls from Will. Guess what ..... no one could find the keys!!! The owner's daughter followed me to my car and promised me that they would locate the keys and call me right away. She continued to tell me that she wanted me to have a great buying experience, even asking if the salesman was the problem right in front of him. I assured her that Will was not the problem. Well it is now Tuesday night and I still haven't received a call. Will was a great person: very down to earth, friendly and approachable. As a Nurse Manager at a local hospital, I know the value of great customer service and what it takes to "WOW" the customer to keep them coming back and sharing their experiences with their friends and acquaintances. Customer service is one of our metrics for getting paid so I understand the importance. This was an epic customer service failure from the very first visit by making promises that were not kept and continued through to the last visit. You may sell 100 cars a month per the owner's daughter, but too many instances like this and word will get out about your customer service. What will your sales be then? By the way, the sales ad says the vehicle has "NEW Michelins". The tires on this vehicle are not new- that's misleading the customer.

Will, Owner's daughter

DaveGent
3/18/2012

"I have edited this review as it is only fair to do so as..."

I have edited this review as it is only fair to do so as the information changes. If you take the itme to write a negative one you should do the same when something good happens. It would appear that the negative experience I had was not the fault of the dealership itself, but with one member of the owners family. Shortly after posting these reviews and contacting the BBB I was telephoned by the General Manager who apologized, explained that this was not the one gentleman's strong suit and made sure that thing got addressed in as fair a way as possible. In the end the dealership did the right thing, they are sending the car out to experts at another dealer who is the dealer of my particular car, and I will be receiving a letter of apology from Kirk, for the abhorrent treatment. I hope very much that they have a sit down talk with him as to why this all happened. Ive changed my scores on this review to reflect the most recent encounter. The end result of the review is this. If you need service speak to Tim, the service writer, not Kirk Slack the service manager. Laurie Slack, the General manager was very pleasant to deal with as was her Sister Patty.

Kirk Slack

jaredbrafford
6/26/2009

"At the time I was stationed at Marine Corps Air Station..."

At the time I was stationed at Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni, Japan and was in process of permanantly changing stations from Iwakuni to Miramar CA. I was in need of newer vehicle that could get me safely from Virginia to Miramar. As soon as Shirlir Slack got my e-mail they were on top of it, they literally bent over backwards for me. They put up with the lag in the phone line, doing business with my father since I couldn't be there, FedEx'ing the paper work to me and then waiting to get it back, and at no cost to me. They seemed to be very dedicated to get me the vehicle I wanted. I know that they were the only ones who would have done business with me due to being over seas bcause I looked, and every one wanted to wait until I came home which would have taken away from time spent with family and Shirlie Slack knew this. So my thatnks goes outt o them.

Don and Neil

mg
6/14/2009

"6-13-09 I visited this dealership to purchase a used car...."

6-13-09 I visited this dealership to purchase a used car. I live 4 hours away but I truly believed that I was getting a great deal. The salesman,Neal, was a bit of a loudmouth but he seemed to know what he was talking about and he reassured me several times that he would take good care of me because of a long family relationship between my family and the Slacks. However, he did lie about the mileage and price of the vehicle I was interested in. I called him over 10 times the day before making the 4 hour drive to pick up this vehicle just to make sure all of the information he had given me was correct. He did not lie only one time about these things but many times during the course of our conversations. Then when approached in person about these things I got "Well what I meant was..." as a response. The deal offered was not upheld. Patti Slack did lightly reprimand Neal in our presence, however she did not stand behind her customers. This was my first car buying experience from a dealership. Trust was broken almost immediately upon arrival. I was vey upset and unnerved and began to wonder what else I had been lied to about. Was the car going to get me back home safely? Were the tires going to blow out in a month? Was this car ever in an accident? Obviously, I did not buy the vehicle.

Neal Costello and Patti Slack

Stylean
5/23/2009

"Wow, I'm not even sure where to start. This dealership..."

Wow, I'm not even sure where to start. This dealership provided the best new car buying experience I've ever had. Period. I called in asking about some incentives that I had read about on Mitsubishi's website. I was told Sorry, you are mistaken about one of them, we can't honor that. Oh well I thought, I'll keep looking. Within 20 minutes of hanging up, I had an email and a phone call from Kelly acknowledging the mistake and telling me they were good to go on all the incentives. They gave me a bottom line price via email on the exact car I wanted (even installing specific options on the car that I was interested in) and honored it to the letter when I arrived at the dealership. Papers were signed in less than 45 minutes and I was out the door. Not once did anyone attempt to change prices, upsell, or otherwise sneak something in at the last minute. I didn't take the car that day (odd, but true) and I lived an hour and half away from the dealership. When ready, Rob drove it up from the dealership to deliver it to me in person. Again, this dealership has provided the best new car buying experience I've ever had. If you are in the market for a new Mitsubishi and within 200 miles of Slack Mitsubishi at the very least email or call for a qoute. Thanks again Rob, you guys rock! By the way, the car is fantastic!

Rob Nienke, Patty Slack, Kelly Padgett