Shottenkirk Honda of Cartersville

Shottenkirk Honda of Cartersville Info

Hennessy Honda of Woodstock

Sons Honda

"Great Eccerience"

Went there for a 2015 Honda Fit. Salesman Bob Corley asked what price I wanted, told him, and I was good to go. No conflict, just a smooth transaction. Will continue to do business there.

Bob Corley

"Worst consumer experience of my life! Do not go Here!"

Honda Carland North, sold me a car that was illegal to sell, then were rude, unprofessional, and did everything they could to cheat me. I was desperate to buy a car because my last car was stolen. Saw Honda Carland North had a car for sale, similar to my last car. Bought used Acura and within a month the O2 sensor light went on. Took the car to the closest Acura dealer and found out my car was missing a catalytic convertor, an expensive part. Did some research and found out, it is illegal to sell a car without a catalytic convertor. Called the Honda Carland salesman that sold me the car and explained the situation. Several times he tried to explain to me that the car didn't even require a catalytic convertor. When I didn't buy his explanation, he got very mad and finally said "that's the chance you take when buying a car as is off the lot". The law states, even under "as is" status, a car can not be sold without a catalytic convertor. Finally, I told the salesman I would report the matter to the BBB and the Consumer Protection department. He didn't seem to care. I also asked the salesman to have the General Manager to call me back and discuss the matter with him. Of course, I didn't get a call back. I called the dealership twice more. Neither call was returned. Not calling me back, I saw as pretty much a admission of guilt. I even called Honda and although they were interested in hearing my complaint, they didn't really care to do anything about it. I then filed complaints with the BBB and "Governors Office of Consumer Protection". Of course, no one at Honda Carland North would return the calls. Finally, the Consumer Protection office sent a certified letter to Honda Carland North demanding a written response to my complaint from the General Manager within 5 days. The dealer finally responded by offering to fix the car. It took me two months to get this fixed. I was a loyal Honda customer for almost 20 years, but this dealer experience was so bad, I will never by buy a Honda product again. Way to go "Honda Carland North"!

Shottenkirk Honda of Cartersville responded to this review

April 28, 2014

Mike, Honda Carland North apologizes that you had this experience 3 years ago (2011) and this is still weighing heavy on you. As we have informed you, the previous General Manager and Salesperson are no longer a part of our dealership. All of our employees here are striving to achieve the very best customer experience possible. As we communicated to you in our email dated Jan 30, 2014 (attached) we offered you a complimentary oil change and car wash, in an attempt to ease your discern and possibly earn your business back. Again our sincerest apologies for past employees. Hello Mike, My name is Kathi Durden. I am the Internet Manager and I assist our General Manager Chuck Clayton. Chuck is out of town and sent me your email and asked me to please contact you. I want to first of all thank you for your honest feedback. I am extremely sorry for what you experienced with our dealership. I have looked into this thoroughly and reviewed all the notes, letters, etc. about your catalytic converter. I have shared all of this with Chuck and we both agree with you this was not handled in a very professional manner at all!!! I would like to inform you, J.R. Rutledge and the previous management are no longer with us. We have a new staff that is striving hard to ensure the best customer experience possible. Chuck and I both would like to assure you this type of situation will not occur again. While I understand your completely justifiable dissatisfaction with our dealership, I would like to personally extend an invitation for you to come in and have a complimentary oil change and car wash. Giving us a second opportunity and a chance at earning your business back. I know if you come in, you will feel a very different, professional, customer oriented atmosphere! Chuck and I hope to personally meet you and offer you our apologies for the past management in person. Sincerely, Kathi

"I was very happy with my used BMW purchase from Carland..."

I was very happy with my used BMW purchase from Carland North this past year. I come back to have my oil changed. Nothing was wrong with my car when I pulled it in no leaks entering the service bay. After my oil change I noticed a oil leak. So I take it back to the service center at Carland North. They tell me that there is a major problem and present me with a $3,000 repair order! I advise them of the warranty I had bought on my purchase there and question how a simple oil change resulted in $3,000 in additional repairs? The service dept tell me my warranty will not cover the repairs on my BMW I Bought there. Something smelled fishy. I tell them I am going to go get a second opinion from a local German repair shop. I get a call from Carland explaining that the warranty company is going to cover about $2000 of the $3,000 of the work order. I tell the service advisor the a German repair shop could not find $3,000 worth of repairs. That the leak was fixed for $200. I was not happy! So I call Carland back and advise them of this simple fix and I was not pleased with the fact a routine maintenance oil change had resulted in a $3,000 repair order. I made a request to cancel the service warranty that I bought at point of purchase. Over 30 days later no cancellation has been completed. I just made a second request for the entire cost of the warranty to be refunded to me which is about $1200. A great purchase experience was turned into a nite mare over a simple oil change or greed! I will no longer use this service department as I feel they were going to fix the low cost fix a pocket the difference. I am still waiting on feed back on my warranty cancelation...

"I was a loyal customer for years. Each time I visited I..."

I was a loyal customer for years. Each time I visited I noticed the charges going up. My last visit I over heard the service manager Mr. Reed telling his employees to ad recommendations to my bill. I leave and go straight to Honda of Rome. There recommendations ended up being $400 less than Carland North plus they did extra like changing my break fluid free for my safety. While at Heritage Honda of Rome it felt like the old family business that Carland north use to be. Now I know why the people I use to trust no longer work at Carland. Carland and Mr. Reed has lost the honesty. I would not make any purchase from a dealer that is so dishonest towards its existing customers.

Wayne Reed

"We were treated with the upmost respect and honesty,They..."

We were treated with the upmost respect and honesty,They went out of their way to help ,They were wonderful, They even fill our gas tank before we left

Mary Bolding

"This was my third time buying a new Honda, although I had..."

This was my third time buying a new Honda, although I had never bought from this dealership. Before this, I had had only good experience with Honda and went in feeling pretty confident that all would go well. Unfortnatley, this turned out to be the worst car-buying experience in my life. Everything started out on a very positive note with a great Salesman, Bob Corley. We agreed on a very good price for the vehicle I wanted and then I was turned over to someone in the Finance department. This was when the NIGHTMARE began. I soon found the Finance guy to be less than honest and even deceptive as he added extra charges to the cost of the basic vehicle as agreed upon, before any legitimate fees and taxes were added on. He didn't inform me or disclose any information about the several hundred of dollars he just "added on". He also did not include 2 discounts totaling more hundreds of dollars although Bob informed him of them. I soon realized that he knew exactly what he was doing - - price- gouging!! I fortunately caught the alleged "errors", thus saving myself a lot of cash. But I had to wonder how many other people does he do this to that don't notice? I wanted to speak with someone there about all these "errors", and was introduced to a Sales Manager I was told would assist me with my concerns. The Sales Manager was disappointing and appeared to not really care about the problems I encountered. This was certainly different from my experience with other Honda dealerships. Although I declined any extended warranty offered by the Finance guy, I later started receiving mail from the 3rd party warranty company saying the dealership had informed them I had taken a 10-year warranty and should start making payments to them. I eventually got this cleared up when the dealership "found" the paper I signed declining any extended warranty. Of course by then, the warranty company had received all my personal information (soc. sec. number, etc.) without my knowlege or consent. After reading other reviews about this dealership, I wonder if I just caught them on a particularly bad day. But what started as a positive experience ended up being messy, frustrating, and less than the honest and forthcoming experience I had expected. As I said previously, it really turned into a nightmare! I will never again do business with this dealership and can not recommend it to anyone, especially anyone I like!

Bob Corley

"The key and remote to my Honda S2000 (which I bought at..."

The key and remote to my Honda S2000 (which I bought at this dealership) were stolen. I went to them to buy replacements. I cannot make this up. These people quoted me nearly $500 to replace the key and remote!! Let me say that again - nearly $500.00!! And again - $500.00 for a car key and remote. This was classic highway robbery in its purest form. It was piling on me after my misfortune. These folks just wanted to see if I was stupid enough to pay it. When I expressed outrage, they treated me like I was trailer-trash. Thereafter bough the remote online for $65. and programmed it myself. Bought the key from Honda in Woodstock, programmed, for $110.00. Never, never, never do business with these criminals. The purchasing experience on this car was not bad at all, but whoa be unto you if you ever need to return to the dealership for anything ...

Unknown

"Honda Carland North provides friendly service, good..."

Honda Carland North provides friendly service, good prices and are honest. Tabatha was aware of our needs and wants and focused on them. She made us feel important.

Tabatha Quarles

"After looking at all the dealers in the metro Atlanta for..."

After looking at all the dealers in the metro Atlanta for a specific vehicle, Tabitha contacted me and made every effort to locate the Honda Pilot I was looking to purchase. Unfortunately we found that the color/model combination was not available statewide. However, she was able to find and suggest a car in their inventory that met almost all of our requirements at a better price point than what I thought I wanted. Without Tabitha's persistance, I would not have a new car in the driveway today. All of the staff were friendly and the smaller town feel to this dealership left me very satisfied with my purchase. I will start any search for a Honda with Tabitha from Carland North next time around.

Tabitha Qualls

"Great dealership!!! From start to finish everything about..."

Great dealership!!! From start to finish everything about this dealership is great from sales to service. Caleb kept in touch as I was trying to decide on my purchase and ended up with a great deal Thanks everyone at Carland!!!.

Caleb