Smith Cairns Subaru - Yonkers

Ramsey Subaru

catastr0fc
8/01/2015

"I hate this place."

After my 2015 Ford Escape was stolen, I was very much looking for a new Subaru BRZ. I emailed and called to meet with a salesperson to show me the BRZ that they had in stock, which was told to me was still available. When I arrived at the showroom, I was completely ignored. There were 4 salespeople in the dealership. No one came to greet me, or ask me if I needed anything. Nothing. I finally got annoyed and as I was standing right next to the car, I called the dealership to see who would answer the phone. Someone did, and I waved to them and said, yes I'm standing right next to the car and no one has even approached me. He apologized, however he brushed me off and said he was with another customer, which was understandable, and just handed me off to someone else. The next person, I believe his name was Mr. Pena, was one of the salespersons just sitting right behind me doing nothing. Another customer came after me to ask about the BRZ and he just stopped taking care of me to talk to him. What was that about? Then when he was finished he came back to me and with his disinterested disposition just popped up some figures on a screen and was like "can you see this?" I was already sick of him at this point, and told him NO can you print it out so I can have a copy? I mean come on? Is this how business is conducted? So impersonal, and rude. Little did he know I was ready to take the car without any negotiations because since my car was stolen, I was in need of a vehicle right away and was willing to pay cash. I felt like because I was a woman buying a BRZ, I just wasn't taken seriously or with respect. Then as he's printing it out, another salesperson tells him from across the place that the car had already been sold the day prior. OK. If I called to meet with someone for that specific car in the morning, why couldn't someone call me to tell me that the car was sold, so I didn't have to waste my time driving there? So in the end I left that dealership, threw out the printout and his card in the nearest trash can. I went right over to the Ray Catena Lexus dealership in Larchmont where they were incredibly friendly to me. They took their time and explained everything, even if I knew, they wanted to be thorough, and they were. As a result, I'd like to thank the salespersons at Smith Cairns Ford/Lincoln/Subaru, because if it wasn't for their lack of interest, I wouldn't be driving my brand new Lexus RC 350. So up yours. Next time know your inventory, treat everyone equally and with respect. , I won't let ANYONE I know go to this dealership.

Pena

BossVmax
4/13/2014

"Ex Customer"

BEWARE !! I brought my 03 Forester to Smith Cairns Yonkers for service. A week ago The Forester developed a misfire , hesitation under acceleration , rough at idle and cruising. Dropped the car off at service they diagnosed it as a defective PCM (Power Control Module) $1200 est for repair. I told the rep (Brandon) not to do any work that I would come in pay the Diagnostic fee and be on my way. He then told me I needed 4 tires and that they had them in stock. The car isn't running right the last thing I need is 4 new tires. He then said there is a nail in my rear passenger tire and they could plug it. Once again "dont touch anything else" ......... When I got there Tire is flat no sign of a nail (I doubt if there ever was one). Car is running rough and Im out $125 diag fee. I head straight to Auto Zone the next day , FREE Diag tells me to do a basic tune up. I started with 4 plugs for less than $10. The hesitation is gone. Drove to Vermont avg 70 mph and 25 mpg for the weekend. I will never ever go back to these thieves at Smith Cairns Subaru Yonkers and you shouldn't either.

Brandon

Lynne8002
7/26/2013

"One word - EXPENSIVE. They charge significantly more for..."

One word - EXPENSIVE. They charge significantly more for repairs than any other Subaru dealership I have been to. They charge $118 just to look at your car to diagnose a problem. Any repairs you get are on top of that, which is absolutely ridiculous. Any repair is VERY expensive, as well. Wish there was another Subaru dealership closer.

Ed

zhongweiwu
6/02/2013

"I had a side hit on a 2005 Subaru Imprezza WRX. Should..."

I had a side hit on a 2005 Subaru Imprezza WRX. Should be a simple body job of no more than $6-7,000. Instead, they kept taking the instrument panel in and out, and eventually totaled the car. Throughout the process, they lied about the status of the repair, never told me what they were doing, and stringed me along for 2 months. It's a total disaster of experience. Thankfully I had the insurance cover it, but it was a horrendous experience.

Service Department

Ollie73
2/23/2013

"About two years ago I bought a Subaru 2011 Outback from..."

About two years ago I bought a Subaru 2011 Outback from Smith Cairns. I appreciated the good price that they gave for the vehicle. Beside that though, unfortunately there have been several instances, which lead me to be extremely sorry for the fact that I ever purchased a vehicle from SMith Cairns. The first, much more serious, was a fact that apparently Smith Cairns never sent the form to DMV indicating that I no longer own the trade-in vehicle. The new owner of my trade in got into an accident with my old car before he ever registered it, and the fact that I remained the owner of my previous vehicle in DMV's books has caused me tremendous trouble with various insurance agencies and officials. I called into Smith Cairns to ask that they would fix this, and I was told that it is taken care of, but a few months after the call I was still getting the inquiries from the insurance agencies regarding the trade-in I no longer owned, saying I am still listed as the owner of that vehicle. To date I still don't know if I have been removed from the books, and I cannot do that without Smith Cairns apparently. I am busy, so while I should be calling them again about this matter, I have very little motivation to do so since Smith Cairns apparently cannot take care of business. The other incident I discovered just today, when purchasing the vehicle, I was asked if I wanted the bigger or smaller tow hitch. I am originally a foreigner, and in Europe they just have a single size, so I said I would prefer "the bigger" hitch. The whole tow hitch I knew would be for a future purpose. Now is that future, when I am trying to purchase a bicycle rack for the hitch. And of course what I am finding out is that I have the 1 1/4 " hitch, which limits very much my choice of the bicycle rack that I can get, as most of the 4 bicycle racks require the 2 " hitch. If I lived in New York, I would go in and request that they change the hitch, and would have shown up to make sure to get the paper work done concerning my previous trade in. I live in California now, so that makes it impossible. For anyone purchasing a new vehicle in NY area, go to some other dealer besides Smith Cairns.

Tim Steele