South Bay Volkswagen

3131 National City blvd,
National City, California 91950
South Bay Volkswagen Info
About South Bay Volkswagen

Since our 1990 beginning, South Bay Volkswagen has been setting records in Sales, Customer Service, and Community Involvement. We are proud of our accomplishments. Our South Bay Volkswagen family is dedicated to continual development and to improve ourselves and our community. To show how much we appreciate our customers we have put together a loyalty program. As a valued customer, you will receive several benefits from our Service and Parts Department. This is South Bay Volkswagen’s way of saying Thank You for your business. Desde el ano de 1990, South Bay VW ha mantenido un crecimiento continuo en los departamentos de ventas, servicio y participacion en la comunidad. Estamos muy orgullosos de nuestros logros, la familia de South Bay VW esta dedicada al dasarrollo continuo de la cominidad y nuestro negocio. Para demostrar nuestro enorme agradecimiento a nuestros clients hemos puesto en marcha un programa de lealted. Como cliente distinguido usted recibira diferentes beneficios en lol departamentos de servicio y refacciones. Esta es la manera de darle las gracias por su preferencia.

About South Bay Volkswagen

Sunday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

VW Owner
6/07/2016

"Bad customer service in the Service Department"

People in the Service department were unwilling to hear me out or help me, never again will I take my car to them. I took my car that I had purchased with them about a year ago and fist of all they dis not ac, when I told them my panoramic sun roof had exploded on the freeway they automatically assumed it was a rock, which it wasn't, but were unwilling to listen and wanted to involve my insurance. Everyone kept saying different things and it was obvious they didn't care about the customer. So I took the car to another dealership 25 miles away where service was completely different. They were friendly and willing to help me and they are going to fix it. How could it be that they are both Volkswagen dealerships but with different outcomes.

South Bay Volkswagen responded to this review

July 19, 2016

Hello, It's unfortunate to hear about your undesirable experience. I can assure you that the negative details you've mentioned do not reflect our typical business practices nor do they live up to our professional standards. We hope to gain the opportunity to sincerely make it up to you. Please feel free to reach out to me personally. Regards, Gary Bennett - General Sales Manager g.bennett@southbayvolkswagen.com

astone167
7/07/2015

"First Time Buyer Experience "

Although it was stressful buying a new car for the first time, the staff at this location were very nice and always asked if there was anything they could do, even if they weren't directly assigned to help me. My direct sales staff was Max Smith and he was great!! Very funny, patient, and straightforward. He did a great job! thank you!

Christian Cosio
Maximillian Smith

South Bay Volkswagen responded to this review

July 15, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I'm very happy to hear about your positive experience at South Bay Volkswagen. Congratulations on the new purchase! If you have any further needs, do not hesitate to come back in for a visit. Gary Bennett - General Sales Manager g.bennett@southbayvolkswagen.com

Hubertus Maerschenflieger
6/16/2015

"Excellent salesmanship, David Diaz"

Just a note to let you know how pleased we were with our sales consultant, David Diaz. We found him to both knowledgeable and understanding of our [the customer's] desires. I spoke with numerous other dealership consultants that wanted me to buy something that I didn't want and one person actually demanded to know why I didn't want a certain vehicle. David's understanding of the customer's wishes and willingness to assist in getting what we wanted was a very positive experience. Good job, David!

David Diaz

geneva's jetta
5/21/2015

"Purchasing a 2015 Jetta Sedan"

Excellent service by Sales Consultant David Diaz. He was very patient, very informative and courteous. I felt very comfortable asking questions. David was very knowledgeable about the vehicles that I test drove. I was not rushed and that alone made me feel at ease and I was able to make my decision as which vehicle I would chose.

David Diaz

Rober175
1/09/2015

"Non warranty car service"

Excellent service, attention and work. Everytime i go in for car service Rafael Lopez service advisor always takes care of me. Good attitude and friendly.

Chris Hammer
12/21/2014

"50K Mile Service - 2010 VW JETTA 2.5L (5cyl)"

Hello, Just right before Christmas (12/18/2014) we reached our 50K mile mark on our 2010 VW Jetta 2.5L (5cyl)… I go through the manual/service intervals of the vehicle and I see that pretty much the only major thing required is the OIL Change, and we think to ourselves “Nice! We will only have to spend about 60-70 bucks” I call South Bay VW (National City, CA) to make a service appointment with Eric Axford and Rafael Lopez. I am reminded by Rafael that it is also time to do the Automatic Transmission Service and costs around $300 bucks… This news comes to my wife and I like a bucket of iced water on a winter day! Now, we were looking at a total of $370+ (ouch) I told Rafael that I would give him a call back because we needed to run some numbers… We called back and asked in a very respectable and understanding way if we could get a discount? It was only a question with nothing to lose, and a bit to gain. Also, possibly due to loyalty to the brand and in particular to that dealership and that service department for over 13 years now. In the ‘way’ and ‘words’ used to ‘ask’ for something are fundamental to its consequence. Be nice, happy, easy to deal with, respectful, and people will ‘most of the time’ be the same with you. We received GREAT news, we were offered a discount and it couldn’t have happened to us at a better time than right before Christmas. In regards to the Service Treatment and Performance, once again we experienced World Class Service!!! My wife arrived at the dealership Friday at 10:15am; Rafael received her, processed the paperwork and took the vehicle in. My wife decided to wait for her vehicle while she worked on their newly remodeled waiting/lounge area, she mentioned it looked very nice and was very comfortable. By 1:15pm she was driving out of the dealership with a big smile on her face, some good money saved, and a happy well maintained VW. Thank you very much Eric, Rafael, all your service department, and South Bay VW in general! I’ve been a South VW customer since 2001, have purchased 7 vehicles from you guys and I am extremely happy with the way you treat our family! This is our #1 dealership and for a good reason: THE SERVICE PROVIDED BY THE PEOPLE THAT WORK HERE!!! Again, world Class! Thank you, guys. Christopher M. Hammer Loyal GTI enthusiast

Maximillian Smith
Andres Aldrete
Eric Axford, Rafael Lopez, Service Department.

bebaosuna
11/14/2014

"40 000 miles service"

As a person who does not have much time off, and do not understand nothing about cars I trully appreciate the attention given to fullfill my needs, i was able to ask questions without felling like was waisting time, and understand answers in a language that i was familiar with.

monica.khoury1
11/13/2014

"Fast, Friendly, and Efficient! Best VW Service in San Diego"

I just brought my car in for an 80,000 mile checkup. Rafael explained in great detail what services were needed and why. I am always so hesitant to spend money on my vehicle. I know it is worth it in the end and trust South Bay with the maintenance of my vehicle. Rafael is a true asset to the service center and I recommend that everyone request him! He is polite, patient, courteous, and definitely goes the extra mile for the customer.

Rafeal

Ubaldoanaya
11/09/2014

"Very please for the treatment and service provided"

Rafael Lopez really assisted me with an overall great experience, he was very courteous, supportive and professional, he gave me an extra support above my expectation.

ctrpassat
11/09/2014

"Hope they keep up the good work!!!??!!!"

I just recently purchased a new Passat. I took it in for the complimentary break in service check. I arrived little past noon and all service bays were busy. They were courteous and greeted me professionally. I was given an estimate time of wait and directed me to the waiting area. The waiting area had comfortable seats and enough reading material. I did notice a big screen TV but was off. They had a table for laptops and outlets to plug in electronics. Though some items were not fully stocked they had coffee and tea. The restrooms they have is for only one person. I had an opportunity to speak with the technician. He was knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I was a very happy with my first visit. I hope that the rest of my visit will continue this way. I noticed there was a lady making phone calls to customers that had brought their car in for service and checked in with them. to me that indicates that they strive for customer satisfaction. Good job South Bay keep up the good work! I look forward I'm taking my car in for service!

Reviews of Jesus Lopez