Southside Kia - Service Center

9401 Atlantic Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL 32225

22 Lifetime Reviews for this Service CenterWrite a Review

• Pricing:

Is this your Service Center?
Learn about our Certified Service Center Program and claim this page
See Sales Reviews For This Dealership
"Cannot fix a problem, after 6 weeks!"

raiderMS3
6/25/2014 4:29:42 PM

I Recommend This Service Center: No
Jeff Moore

1.5

My Review Of Southside Kia:

We have had the TPMS Module error light come on our 2012 Kia Sedona since new. Randomly. Lasts 5 miles or so, then off. Happen when full family is in, and on the highway mostly. Now this is not the low pressure warning. This is the error saying the system does not work that checks it. We reported it every oil change and in the 30 minutes they had it, could not duplicate it. When we explained to yet another and albeit friendly service manager, we were offered a discount on a rental car if we wanted to leave it for an extended time. A few calls to corporate, and we were given a micro SUV Certified used SUV loaner, and we left it. 2 weeks into a laundry list of repairs, we were directed to return said loaner, and pick up another. This one was chain smoked in, and promptly returned for another one. About 3 weeks into the repairs, we were told it was fixed. TPMS module replaced, along with an AC compressor (#2), front grill, as well as backup sensors were all replaced, and transmission reflashed in a series of "this is all that is broken on this car". 20 minutes later, and at home, we determined the backup sensors were not fixed, and only 1 worked. Back it went, and home with micro SUV #3 again. A month and a day after initially dropped off we got it. They even repainted our rear bumper, as their tech scratched it replacing the sensors. Fast forward 500 miles. TPMS Module error light on. Happens 2 times in 2 weeks. We take it in. I told corporate we needed a Sedona size minivan. We got a Mazda 5 from Enterprise. A miniminivan. Unusable for the family, we parked it for family use. Nearly 2 weeks later, they gave up, said could not duplicate. Found in 75 miles, 1/4 tank was used, and when we got our van, it was on fumes, gas light was on! They did not drive it much at all, they idled it in front of the shop! A random error that comes on at highway speed with people in it means you should probably drive it on the freeway with people in it. They also went into the drawers and bins in the van, and found a GPS, and passive aggressively blamed it for causing the light, even thought it was not used for months. The dealer does not care. Corporate closed the case, even though I have photo proof of the light on. They will sell you a car, but do not expect them to fix anything without breaking other stuff, and going through your car without asking.

Added: 6/27/2014 4:25:30 PM

Hi there,
I'm very sorry to hear all of this. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction at our dealership, and as it seems that this certainly was not the case for you, I'd love an opportunity to fix these issues. If you would, please email me at jlang@mceautomotive.com with your contact information, and I can put our GM, Chuck Golden, and possibly our owner, Kurt Obermeyer, in touch with you ASAP to begin the corrective measures. Or, you can contact them directly at cgolden58@gmail.com or kjo@mceautomotive.com.
Thank you in advance, and I hope to hear from you soon,

Response From: raiderMS3
Added: 7/17/2014 4:13:31 PM

7/17 and no resolution. The washer fluid reservoir has been also found to have been broken and dumped a bottle of fluid out upon refill. It is still overdue for servicing, but delays and lack of communication on when the car can go back have left us without the safety of the washer fluid, nor of an on time oil change. Then, the new service manager, Terry, informed us that Jeff Nelson (with no phone number to call him at) says they cannot work on the car, but never calls me to say where it can go. So now we have a car that need service, but nobody is capable of doing it The Jilly person never once followed up with a solution. Nobody in that email response, followed up.

This is so poorly run. We just want a car that is not randomly throwing codes and has repairs and services up to day. Come on now. You should not demand a video be taken at freeway speed from a moving vehicle as proof. It was risky as it was to get the 2 pictures.

Twitter
"Bill was very friendly and prompt for arrival and..."

etsang
10/31/2013 11:38:53 PM

4.2

My Review Of Southside Kia:

Bill was very friendly and prompt for arrival and pick-up. He was well aware of the most direct routes and got me to work quickly and back to my vehicle later very easily and before rush hour.

His service was greatly appreciated and is what allows me to have my vehicle serviced on that side of town more conveniently.

Added: 11/15/2013 11:56:25 AM

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear you were pleased with your experience at Southside Kia. Bill is known for providing great customer service, and it seems like he didn't disappoint!
Thanks again!

Twitter
"Bill was very professional. As soon as I walked in..."

gettheproglo
10/3/2013 10:42:17 AM

My Review Of Southside Kia:

Bill was very professional. As soon as I walked in service department he introduced himself, told me what he does for Kia, and said he was here to help me if I needed. He was super friendly and I highly appreciated his courtesy. Pleasurable experience all the way around!

Added: 10/6/2013 4:11:29 PM

Hi there,
Thank you for your feedback about Bill at our service department! He's known for providing excellent customer attention, and it's great to see he didn't disappoint. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let me know at jlang@mceautomotive.com.

Twitter
"Friendly service, always helpful! Even down to the..."

macmorris
9/25/2013 3:44:57 PM

Bill Young

3.8

My Review Of Southside Kia:

Friendly service, always helpful! Even down to the courtesy rides, bill young is awesome! Sometimes they look a little overworked but they handle it well!

Added: 10/2/2013 4:16:00 PM

Hi!
I'm Jilly Lang, RM for Southside Kia. Thank you for visiting our dealership, and thank you for your feedback! I'm thrilled to hear that Bill Young took such great care of you. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know. My email address is jlang@mceautomotive.com.
Jilly Lang

Twitter
"Bill was the Courtesy driver at Orange Park Kia when I..."

Debbie Rentfrow
9/11/2013 12:50:24 PM

My Review Of Southside Kia:

Bill was the Courtesy driver at Orange Park Kia when I first met him. I was so pleasantly surprised to see him now at Southside Kia. He is very friendly, courteous & professional. Love that he's over here now!!

Added: 10/2/2013 4:12:08 PM

Hi,
Thanks for your review! Glad to hear that Bill at Southside Kia has such a great reputation with his customers! He's known for providing excellent customer satisfaction. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know at jlang@mceautomotive.com.

Twitter
"Unbelievable customer service, very helpful, went out of..."

Bswindle33
9/1/2013 4:07:13 PM

My Review Of Southside Kia:

Unbelievable customer service, very helpful, went out of his way to ensure that my experience was flawless. Thanks so much for all you guys do!!!!

Added: 9/1/2013 6:15:46 PM

Hi,
I'm Jilly Lang, RM for Southside Kia. Thank you for your review! We really pride ourselves on customer satisfaction, and it's so nice to hear that your visit to the dealership went so well. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you at jlang@mceautomotive.com.
Jilly Lang

Twitter
"Mr. Young was very cooperative and worked diligently to..."

dchapman815
8/2/2013 8:10:27 AM

My Review Of Southside Kia:

Mr. Young was very cooperative and worked diligently to make sure that my schedule was met. He rearranged his schedule to meet mine. He was pleasant and professional in the performance of his duties.

Added: 8/5/2013 5:54:16 PM

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback! I'm so glad to hear that Mr. Young could take great care of you at Southside Kia, where your satisfaction is so important to us. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know at jlang@mceautomotive.com.

Twitter
"I had a service appppointment for my 2012 Sorento and..."

AbdulH2014
6/12/2013 10:11:53 PM

CHRIS (HOT DOG) PINARDCHRIS (HOT DOG) PINARD

My Review Of Southside Kia:

I had a service appppointment for my 2012 Sorento and instead of just waiting, I decided to checkout the 2014 Sorentos in the yard. This lead to the me wanting to upgrade my existing model and package to the next level up. I met Chris and he made it easy to purchase my new vehicle. Now, while Chris is an amazing gentleman, I did not get the preferred model as requested, one with a moonroof like I had in my 2012 Sorento with a V6 Engine., as this model/package was not available at the Southside location nor at the sister location in Orange Park.

However, I was advised that the sister location had two available 2014 Sorentos and one with an upgraded electronic package was brought to Southside about one hour later. When the car arrived, I discovered that it was not a v6 and did not have a moonroof. So, now I have to have the moonroof added and pay additional for it outside of the initial writeup/purchase price. Chris has arranged for the vendor to call me and promised a loaner car while the job is being done.

My advise, make sure you see the vehicle before signing the final paperwork and be very sure that your needs are correctly understood.
I love the new 2014 Sorento, and once I have the moonroof installed I will love it even more. As for the V6... Well, maybe I can spend less on gas. We will see. On a final note, Chris is a great guy!

Added: 6/17/2013 8:42:51 PM

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to read that you had a good experience with us, and especially with Chris. It seems like we went the extra mile to make sure you're satisfied, and your satisfaction is our #1 goal. If there is anything else I can do for you, let me know at jlang@mceautomotive.cpm.
Thank you again, and please enjoy your new 2014 Kia Sorento!

Twitter
"Since this Kia dealership changed ownership a few years..."

Daniel12345678
4/15/2013 11:53:31 AM

ZACK GRIFFITHZACK GRIFFITH

My Review Of Southside Kia:

Since this Kia dealership changed ownership a few years ago the service has improved 100%! Very satisfied. Amanda is fabulous with customer service. Bill is very personable and drives me wherever I need to go. Excellent.

Added: 4/16/2013 4:24:27 PM

Hi,
Thanks for your kind review! I am so glad to hear that Amanda and Bill could take such great care of you at Southside Kia, where your satisfaction is our biggest goal! Our customers' happiness is very important to us. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. My email address is jlang@mceautomotive.com.
Thanks again,

Twitter
"Bought my 2013 Kia Soul in November from Cooky and..."

dmbarefo
3/29/2013 12:19:30 PM

COOKY LITTLECOOKY LITTLE

My Review Of Southside Kia:

Bought my 2013 Kia Soul in November from Cooky and between her & Finance this was the best car buying experience I have ever had. Cooky still takes time to talk to me whenever I come in for service.

Had a flat last Friday and car was towed in. Amanda told me they didn't have a new tire in stock but they called another dealer and got it and had me back on the road on Saturday where as if a tire would have been ordered it would have been Monday.

Great Service personnel all around and sales, I love my 2013 Kia Soul whom I have lovingly named ZIPPY as we zip around wherever we go.

This is also the 4th Kia that I have owned. KIA ROCKS and SOUTHSIDE KIA ROCKS ALSO!

Added: 3/31/2013 6:05:59 PM

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback! I am happy to hear that we, especially Cooky and Amanda, could take great care of you at Southside Kia. Your satisfaction is so important to us! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. My email address is jlang@mceautomotive.com.
Thanks again, and enjoy your 2013 Kia Soul!

Reviews 11-20 >>