Streetside Classic Cars

Streetside Classic Cars Info

Hickory Used Car Superstore

Hi-Line Garage

"buying a Corvette"

Found Stretside on line looking for a special C6 Corvette. Car was rare find as in 2008 only 1,300 Atomic Orange Vetts were made. Out of the 1,300 only 700 had two tone interior I wanted. Found it at Streetside. Called and talked with Scott and he guided me in how to make an offer over the phone (not binding until inspection) as I live in Florida. He call the owner and we put the deal together. I drove with a friend in my C5 and drove it home. Wonderfull car and only 16,000 miles. Looks as if it just came of the line. If you can you ned to visit them you will be shocked at what they have there. Scott said over 350 cars at any time.

Scott

"Misrepresentation of vehicle purchased"

I have read reviews of Streetside classic cars in Charlotte. I purchased a vehicle from them after exhaustive phone calls with two different sales associates and office employees. I talked to them for nearly two weeks about the vehicle. They are smooth in their approach and know how to spin the actual condition of the vehicle. The vehicle price was finally agreed upon and shipped to my home. My schedule was such I could not go there to pick up the vehicle. I am not a mechanic, so the safety issues may not have all been discovered by going to the dealership. The vehicle condition what not even close to what was described in pictures or receipts. I have been working on the vehicle ever since I received it to get it to a safe driving condition. I can't use it as it was advertised. I am not comparing it to a new vehicle, I am comparing it to like vehicles, and this one is very unsafe. the company will always hide behind the "as is" contract, so beware. I have read reviews how they support veterans, but those are just words, and not backed up with deeds at all. They make a lot of money I am guessing with the expansion of their dealerships. There is a reason, if I am like many who bought from them. Their products look OK, but can be mechanically worn out. They need to stop telling potential customers about the condition of the vehicle if they are unwilling to verify it with even an inspection. They broker the vehicles and what I got was junk. They take the word of the individual who is selling it, and will hide behind all the lies to their fullest. They have no clue what the condition of the vehicle is in, so stop telling the buyers you do. If they say the vehicle was "rebuilt", your definition of rebuilt and theirs can be decades apart. I mean that literally. When was it rebuilt? To what degree? The mechanical condition of this vehicle was pathetic. Even a novice mechanic as I am, I believe I would have discovered the steering and braking issues right away. I have names and pictures and can tell more specifics about the vehicle I purchased, but what is the point. I was fooled, so be careful about what you hear, what they say, and what you are getting. Had I attempted to drive this vehicle home, I probably would not be able to write this review, as I would have crashed. Just one of the several unsafe parts of the vehicle was the steering box and column. It was connected by one wrong size bolt on a frame modified from poor workmanship which nearly fell off when I drove it to my mechanic. The trip was just a few miles and it was a good thing as when I saw it up on a rack, I was shocked. I watched a video of the truck being driven at their dealership. Who ever drove this truck when it was taken had to have known how dangerous it was. Buyers beware. They will sell you junk if they can get enough lipstick on it and will lie with a smile. Don't be fooled as I was. There is a reason they are expanding, sell worn out crap with lipstick for lots of money. We can be lied to and fooled once. That business is what this company is good at. As nice as was Bob Mueller in my correspondence to him, the company made it clear was "as is" means. Lipstick on a pig. In my opinion, that should be this companies motto.

Greg Harabin, Robert Mueller

"1986 Chevy S10"

I would have to say the worst experience I've had in my car purchasing history. Bought a v8 s10 from them that they said was solid and immaculate paint job. After truck arrived at my house, I had trouble with the starter the first day. Paint job has clear coat peeling and bubbles in paint. Now I've found out that there is engine problem and block is cracked where starter is connected to block and that is the reason for starter troubles. Needs a new block. I have relayed info to business to which they responded what do you expect to get for 13k. I expect to get what was told to me about the truck. Be very careful if you would decide to do business with this company. Very shady. Lesson learned

Tom

"Buyer Beware: Should know better and not trust the used..."

Buyer Beware: Should know better and not trust the used car salesman, but we took his word that the car was road ready. We are kicking ourselves, but for others out there...please don't make the same mistake. See description below... Taken to two reputable mechanics. Same story at both. Needs new transmission, new transfer case,all new gaskets, new brakes, new brake lines, new pads, and new calipers and rotors. With this amount of work, the car should have been priced much lower. Going to have to put $5-7K into it. Should have taken it to a mechanic...but were just too trusting. Description: Jeeps are known for their legendary durability and ability to go anywhere and the CJ7 might be the most well-loved of them all. Unfortunately the side effect of all that capability is that so many of these 4x4s were just bashed beaten and abused and even if they weren't many succumb to the rigors of tin worm sooner or later. But once in a while you find a special one like this 1983 CJ7 which has a nice cosmetic restoration atop a very solid chassis that's obviously led an easy life. With a fresh paint job in the original desert tan color this super straight CJ has nothing to hide. You see so many of these with issues that it's quite a treat to see one like this with all its original factory-built "defects" in plain sight and not hidden under ancient rust repairs. These were utilitarian vehicles when they were new and with modern two-stage PPG urethane on its bodywork this one probably looks better than new in every way. The finish shines up easily and you'll also find little things like the fender flares marker lights and taillights are also 100% new. Removable steel doors and a factory hardtop make this a true all-seasons warrior and the top has also been treated to a fresh repaint in the factory color. The simplicity of this CJ is particularly appealing and they didn't bother with graphics decals or even the usual chrome dress-up pieces that so many Jeeps seem to wear. Instead you just get a trail-ready 4x4 with a subtle OEM look that really works. The interior is anchored by a set of fresh Best Top seats that offer a sporty look with all-terrain functionality. Combined with the spray-in bedliner throughout the interior you can always just hose it out after a day of playing in the dirt. A locking center console offers some security but the rest of the interior is 100% OEM. All the factory gauges are fully functional and it's kind of neat to see one with a radio block-off plate in the dash suggesting that going back to basics was important to this Jeep's original owner. The roll bar was painted to match the bodywork and the doors were fitted with new matching door panels that soften the all-business interior a bit. It also seals up rather nicely thanks to new weather-stripping and spraying the inside of the hard top white means it remains bright and airy inside when it's in place. The engine is AMC's bulletproof 258 cubic inch inline-six which was a mainstay of CJ7 production. With lots of new components under the hood it's ready to go immediately and someone has even taken the time to dress it up with a shiny aluminum valve cover up top. IT hasn't been substantially modified from stock specs so it's bulletproof reliable for when you head off the pavement. Backed by a 3-speed automatic transmission and 2-speed transfer case it's surprisingly civilized when you want to take to work on a sunny day and extremely capable when you go out to play on weekends. As I said the underside is original but quite well maintained with none of the usual issues that plague these neat little trucklets. The factory steel wheels were also refinished in bright white for a traditional look and wear 31x10.50-15 Michelin LTX radials. A no-stories no-frills CJ7 with lots of charisma and a reasonable price tag ready to go. What are you waiting for? Call now! This vehicle is located in our Dallas/Fort Worth showroom. For more information please call (817) 764-8000 or toll free (855) 877-2707.

Spencer Wilmore

"I dealt with the Dallas/Fort Worth showroom. I was new to..."

I dealt with the Dallas/Fort Worth showroom. I was new to the classic car world so I wanted to deal with what I considered a reputable dealer. I did my homework, so I thought. I dealt with the sales manager for the Dallas/ Fort Worth showroom. After knowing what I was looking for he recommended a specific vehicle that would meet my needs and desires. He explained that I would need to fix a few minor things like wipers, emergency brake, and heat and air. No problem, we negotiated a price. What he didn't tell me and I didn't find out until it was delivered to my home was that none of the gauges worked, it leaked oil from everywhere, it ran hot quickly and always the rear speakers for the radio were blown and the car was basically unsafe to be on the road. These were things he should have known if he had really driven it like he claimed he had. I am not a mechanic and I found these things very quickly by myself. $20,000 later after fixing all the things he didn't tell me about including having to put in a new motor and tranny I finally have a daily driver classic vehicle I love. Point of this story is beware, proceed with extra caution because they do not clearly or correctly represent the vehicle and the owner of Street Side Classic Cars does not care.

Brad

"Greg, Thanks for all your help. Since I did not..."

Greg, Thanks for all your help. Since I did not purchase the car through E-Bay, I can’t leave a rating. If I could, it would be inadequate to say what I feel needs to be said. They do not go high enough on the ratings to express my pleasure with the deal we were able to make. Your services were excellent, the car was as represented and service after the sale has been above any expectations. I have dealt with several internet brokers, and none have come close to the level of Streetside’s professionalism. I appreciate the extra effort in follow-up regarding registering the car. Mine is an unusual circumstance, and that created a bit of a challenge getting the registration handled on my end, and you never failed to help, thanks again. If you can use this statement with your customers, I am glad to help. I would be more than happy to talk to any prospective client who needs a little outside prospective. You can be sure the next time I am looking for a car, I will check your inventory first. Mike McFarland St. George, Utah (435) 688-1814

Greg and Tom at the Atlanta showroom

"Richard helped me fulfill my dreams of owning another 72..."

Richard helped me fulfill my dreams of owning another 72 Nova. I had one when I was eighteen but had to sell it after I got married. I will enjoy this car for the rest of my days. Thanks Richard! Regards, John Deininger Worden,IL

Richard Wiernek

"Working with Bill Manuel was a very pleasant experience. ..."

Working with Bill Manuel was a very pleasant experience. No pressure. Just willing to go the extra mile to answer all my questions and make the car available for full personal inspection. Even put it on the lift on two different occasions. First time so I could look at the chassis and the second time so I could take detailed pictures.

Bill Manuel

"Greg was terrific and easy to work with; we appreciated..."

Greg was terrific and easy to work with; we appreciated his patience and level of expertise. Great dealership, customer service, and ease of sale. We will definitely recommend them in the future for anyone seeking a classic / antique car.

Greg Harabin

"Bill did a Great Job and Even Provided a temporary Tag..."

Bill did a Great Job and Even Provided a temporary Tag for my hollidays Ride on the 56 Volkswagen vert. The Overall Service was Great. The only Thing which was Not Perfect was the fact there was no Outdoor Key for the Car and it has Not been lockable Even if i Asked them before if it is... Anyway, it is nö Major Problem for a vw as the Part Came by overnight next Day for USD 80! But it was a Strang Feeling travelling with it First Day. The Car Inseln is a Dream ... Good Job Bill... But please Check keys next Time :-)

Bill Manuel