Subaru Of Port Richey

Bill Bryan Subaru

Gizelle
5/15/2015

"Beware, not trustworthy!"

In April I took my 2006 Pacifica in to be serviced, which I bought from them in 2008. I kept having recurring problems with the electrical system and air conditioning from the day I bought it. This time, the repairs were going to cost more than what the car was worth. I ended up in the process of getting a new vehicle. The salesman made an offer on a new vehicle that was recently returned after 3 days. I thought that the money spent on yet another repair would be better spent on a new vehicle. He stated that I had to decide right then and there, after I said I wanted to think about it some more. He said it was my "lucky" day . Lucky for him maybe. While I am overall happy with the car, I am very unhappy about the service once I signed the dotted line. While doing the paperwork, they upsold the Xzylon coating. I had to bring the car back to have it applied. I honestly saw no difference whatsoever after it was supposedly applied. There was even pollen on the hood when I first pulled in and it was still there when they brought it back out. When I asked why, they didn't have an answer. I even questioned if the person who owned the vehicle for the first three days had it done when she bought the car. If so, they would be "double dipping " and getting paid twice for the job. He immediately said she hadn't, without even checking. Personally, I do not believe it was done at all. Then, through no fault of theirs, there was a problem with transferring the tag. However, I had to go back multiple times to get temp tags and dealer plates. Finally, the last temp tag was expiring the day I was due to leave town for 3 weeks. The permanent plate had not come after 4 weeks. I made several phone calls and sent numerous emails informing them of such. I was told to go back down to the dealership because a courier was personally driving my plate there. He said if the plate was not there, he would issue another temp plate so I could go on my trip. When I arrived, no one there knew what I was talking about. The receptionist actually rolled her eyes at me and acted like I was an interruption of her day. When I told her why I was there, she pointed to a door and said, "Go ask him". He was busy with other customers . The original salesman came over and did make the effort to help. He checked, and of course my tag was not there as promised. He asked the Sales Manager to assign me another temp and that manager refused to honor the promise, stating they were low on them. I was upset because my trip was being delayed and they couldn't care less. The salesman sent me on my way saying if the plate wasn't in my mailbox the following day, I should go back there and he'd get me a plate. I didn't know what to expect or believe at that point. So today, my mail came and no plate! I went back again to the dealership. The plate was finally there. I am upset because they were not honest with me, and not just once. I understand that not everything goes smoothly but just be upfront and say so. I did not appreciate going back multiple times for nothing. I really feel that once they've got you to sign the dotted line, the customer service stops. I've always known that single females are easy targets for car salesmen but this business really takes that to a whole new level. I do want to mention that Brian in the service department is wonderful and I feel that he has always been honest with me. He never pressured me into more work than was absolutely necessary but did recommend things that needed attention at some point. He is the only reason I'll be going back there to get my car serviced. However, i do not trust anyone else there. I think they'll say anything to keep you quiet but not mean a word of it. I will not recommend anyone to buy from this dealership.

Tony (Salesman), Mike Stevens

DeCarlo
3/11/2014

"We came in for a service on our 2011 Outback and left..."

We came in for a service on our 2011 Outback and left with a new 2014 Forrester. This dealership is awesome. From service to sales we have had a wonderful experience with every dept. JP our sales rep was good and bent over backwards to please us. He got us a good price for our old Subaru and got us a great price on our new one. We highly recommend this dealership to everyone.

JP, Kevin & Barry

larrykopenkoskey
6/26/2013

"This guy is either totally incompetent or is the typical..."

This guy is either totally incompetent or is the typical used-car salesman. Refused to allow me to use the plate from my old car. Said I had to have a new one and 'they' had to get it. NOT TRUE! His actions cost me $350 extra. He admitted later,... "he didn't KNOW".

Ric Stocker

jfpizzo
3/28/2013

"The staff were very informative about their cars. ..."

The staff were very informative about their cars. Secondly, the store manager Scott is a very genuinely caring person who was to see you as a satisfied customer. Lokey provide Lifetime guarantee on your vehicle and they couldn't stress that enough . Overall , I'm please with the purchase of my new Forester.

Jeff Pentney

xployted77
1/13/2013

"My experiance here was great. I have never dealt with a..."

My experiance here was great. I have never dealt with a dealership that was a new car dealer. I always thought they all just wanted more money down. Not here, they worked with the money down I had, got me a lower rate then I was quoted and did everything to make sure I got the car I wanted and not try to put me in one I didnt. I have recommended them to alot of my friends. They where very helpful, nice, and made you feel comfortable throughout the whole process. I am glad I went there.

Jim Ramsey