Subaru of Richmond

Stohlman Automotive

Valley Subaru

KALAMITY
8/22/2016

"I hate buying cars...but this,was,a great experience"

Chris Johnson made buying my new Forrester a great experience. He was genuinely nice and concerned about my happiness. He also did an awesome job introducing me to my new car. And just to be clear...I love my Subaru. The experience was so good, I did not even go check out the other cars I had planned to consider.

Chris Johnson, Rocco

Gagassubaru
8/18/2016

"Super Salesman"

Chris Johnson was very helpful and extremely knowledgable about the Subaru brand. It was so nice having someone interested in what we wanted in buying a new vehicle. It's our first Subaru and we love it! Chris did an outstanding job all the way around and he rates an A+ in our opinion! Would buy again from him! Janet Wiltshire

Chris Johnson

Terrible Service Dept
8/04/2016

"Service Dept. is Terrible"

Bought a brand new 2016 Forrester from Richmond Subaru in December 2015, 7/29/16 an indicator light came on and said my engine oil is low. I have a friend in the service department at a local Toyota dealership, so I ran it by there to have them change the oil. When they checked the oil level, there was absolutely no oil on the dipstick. I called Richmond Subaru to ask what to do next and to see what could be wrong since it was a brand new vehicle with 5,068 miles on it. The service advisor Gary told me that was completely normal with Subaru's. I was shocked to find out that no oil in the car with only 5k miles on it was completely normal. My friend at the Toyota store asked if they should top off the fluid to so that I could get it to Richmond Subaru for them to check it out and Gary said there was no need. He said that it is normal for any Subaru to burn between 1-1.5 quarts of oil in between oil changes (6k miles). I have a Mazda and a Lexus with miles between 60-80k and neither of them burn any oil at all. I do understand if it is a Subaru problem and not the dealership problem of burning oil, but Gary was completely rude and asked me why I had a problem with this and that it is not his problem. His response to Toyota asking to top off the fluid was to say "If they feel like it". I am driving to NY this weekend and the car has no oil in it, I definitely don't feel like that is the correct response. I will be trading in my wife's Mazda in the next month and was going to do so on another Subaru and I am sure that it won't be at Richmond Subaru. For that matter, probably not another Subaru due to the ongoing issues with oil levels being low. To make matters better, I was informed by the service dept. at Hyman Bros. Subaru that my vehicle did not qualify for the oil consumption test and Subaru was going to do nothing about this issue. On a side note, the service dept. at Hyman Bros. was fantastic and very helpful, unlike Gary who was quite possibly the most intolerable individual that I have ever had interaction with at a dealership. He is the person that gives the car business a bad name!

Gary Wilcox

DD'sSUB
6/28/2016

"Great Experience"

Very happy with experience. Harry was knowledgeable, never pushy, and patient with my questions! He ordered my car, and was patient for all transactions. He spoke highly of his team.

Harry Moseley

HoHo Hope
6/07/2016

"Good deal done right"

Tom Carr presented the car buying process effectively and took us through it one step at a time. The car we wanted wasn't in stock but he found one on its way too the dealership and he got it for us. We finished up the purchasing process and then Tom gave us a good review of the controls and new gizmos (1st new car in several years) and got us on the road. He has gladly answered several questions since then and continues to provide fine support. Thanks.

Tom Carr, Harry, Richard Hubert

Joliva
5/27/2016

"Good dealership"

Harry was very helpful in getting me set up with my new Subaru. He was very efficient and facilitated the purchasing process for a factory order. He gave a great demo when it arrived and had everything ready to go so that the paperwork went quickly. I definitely appreciate his time and attention in making sure I got what I wanted out of the new car.

Harry Moseley

Bryan
5/19/2016

"Wonderful "

This is the second car we have bought from Dan MacNeil.HIs costumer service is excellent and his knowledge of Subarus exceeded my expectations !!!! Great experience

Dan MacNeil

cptkirk
5/19/2016

"Dan MacNeil is the Salesman to ask for"

Dan had been my salesman years ago and was outstanding then. Outstanding then, better now. You can't go wrong. Dan is the Man! He knows the product and is proud of what he sales. Smooth and very professional. Great Guy! The Forester is a great vehicle. Experience was not drawn out and very efficient. connwaye

Dan MacNeil

Jghilton007
4/27/2016

"Ask for Cory W!"

This was my first time buying new from a dealer and it could not have been any easier. I was greeted in the showroom by Cory Willoughby during my first visit. He was extremely knowledgable on current models and helped me pick the right car. During my test drive he went over the different tech packages and safety features. I ended up returning a week later to order my new car from him. Upon pick up Cory went through the manual with me and showed me all of the bells and whistles as well as important servicing and towing information. Cory was an all star throughout the entire purchase, even calling me frequently to update me on my order and afterwards to make sure I was satisfied. He was very easy to work with and the whole experience felt like I was doing business with a friend. It is obvious he is passionate about his job and his Subarus. 10/10 would recommend absolutely great staff.

Cory Willoughby

Steve
4/26/2016

"Superior service"

We purchased our 2016 Subaru Outback from Subau of Richmond a couple weeks ago and love it. The sales associate, Dan MacNeil was very attentive and patiently answered all of our questions. he made the whole purchasing experience both painless and pleasant. We would highly recommend Dan and Subaru to all our friends and neighbors.

Dan Macneil