Subaru of Richmond

Valley Subaru

Other
9/08/2016

"Professional and Personal"

We had been shopping for the Subaru Outback for some time, shopping in Naples, Florida, Greenville, South Carolina and finally Richmond Virginia. This dealership is a cut above and working with representative Mr. Harry Moseley made our selection of the new Outback Touring a must purchase. Mr. Moseley is a person who provides a quality professional service yet adding a personal touch in the selection and purchase of our Outback. Thank you Moore Subaru of Richmond and Mr. Moseley.

Bill
9/08/2016

"Buying Experience"

My buying experience at Subaru of Richmond was excellent. David Lowenhagen, my sales rep, may be the best car salesman I have ever dealt with. Very impressed with his knowledge and he did every thing he could to see that my needs were met.

David Lowenhagen, Nelson Williams

stout1567
9/07/2016

"Great experience buying a car "

This was the first time I bought a car and I could not have had a better experiences. Chris Johnson was extremely helpful and worked with me to find a great car. I love my cross trek. Since I am new to buying a new car and the Subaru brand in general, Chris took the time to explain the process and got me started with the new car. I highly recommended Chris and this dealership!

Chris Johnson

Wolana Phoenixfyre
9/07/2016

"What a great approach to customer service!"

I had the pleasure of buying a car from Harry Moseley at this dealership. I use the word pleasure advisedly. First time I met Harry was in April of '16, when I walked in, said "I'm definitely not buying a car today," and asked about several models. Harry treated me with respect, did not in any way attempt to entice me into an immediate purchase, suggested which model best suited my described needs, and was in all ways helpful. So when it was time actually to buy, I went back to Harry. He responded to my email promptly, set an appointment, and was ready for me when I arrived. He took me for a test ride first, so I could see how the new features worked, then swapped me into the driver's seat. He was thoroughly knowledgeable about the car (unlike the saleman at a different manufacturer's dealership) and patient as well. Once we'd settled on a price, he made sure I walked out of the showroom with the key to my new car in my hand! But he wouldn't let me leave until he'd done all sorts of little things like marrying my cell phone to the car's system-- which I would certainly have found confusing and difficult on my own. Buy your Subaru from Subaru of Richmond, and from Harry!

KALAMITY
8/22/2016

"I hate buying cars...but this,was,a great experience"

Chris Johnson made buying my new Forrester a great experience. He was genuinely nice and concerned about my happiness. He also did an awesome job introducing me to my new car. And just to be clear...I love my Subaru. The experience was so good, I did not even go check out the other cars I had planned to consider.

Chris Johnson, Rocco

Gagassubaru
8/18/2016

"Super Salesman"

Chris Johnson was very helpful and extremely knowledgable about the Subaru brand. It was so nice having someone interested in what we wanted in buying a new vehicle. It's our first Subaru and we love it! Chris did an outstanding job all the way around and he rates an A+ in our opinion! Would buy again from him! Janet Wiltshire

Chris Johnson

Terrible Service Dept
8/04/2016

"Service Dept. is Terrible"

Bought a brand new 2016 Forrester from Richmond Subaru in December 2015, 7/29/16 an indicator light came on and said my engine oil is low. I have a friend in the service department at a local Toyota dealership, so I ran it by there to have them change the oil. When they checked the oil level, there was absolutely no oil on the dipstick. I called Richmond Subaru to ask what to do next and to see what could be wrong since it was a brand new vehicle with 5,068 miles on it. The service advisor Gary told me that was completely normal with Subaru's. I was shocked to find out that no oil in the car with only 5k miles on it was completely normal. My friend at the Toyota store asked if they should top off the fluid to so that I could get it to Richmond Subaru for them to check it out and Gary said there was no need. He said that it is normal for any Subaru to burn between 1-1.5 quarts of oil in between oil changes (6k miles). I have a Mazda and a Lexus with miles between 60-80k and neither of them burn any oil at all. I do understand if it is a Subaru problem and not the dealership problem of burning oil, but Gary was completely rude and asked me why I had a problem with this and that it is not his problem. His response to Toyota asking to top off the fluid was to say "If they feel like it". I am driving to NY this weekend and the car has no oil in it, I definitely don't feel like that is the correct response. I will be trading in my wife's Mazda in the next month and was going to do so on another Subaru and I am sure that it won't be at Richmond Subaru. For that matter, probably not another Subaru due to the ongoing issues with oil levels being low. To make matters better, I was informed by the service dept. at Hyman Bros. Subaru that my vehicle did not qualify for the oil consumption test and Subaru was going to do nothing about this issue. On a side note, the service dept. at Hyman Bros. was fantastic and very helpful, unlike Gary who was quite possibly the most intolerable individual that I have ever had interaction with at a dealership. He is the person that gives the car business a bad name!

Gary Wilcox

DD'sSUB
6/28/2016

"Great Experience"

Very happy with experience. Harry was knowledgeable, never pushy, and patient with my questions! He ordered my car, and was patient for all transactions. He spoke highly of his team.

HoHo Hope
6/07/2016

"Good deal done right"

Tom Carr presented the car buying process effectively and took us through it one step at a time. The car we wanted wasn't in stock but he found one on its way too the dealership and he got it for us. We finished up the purchasing process and then Tom gave us a good review of the controls and new gizmos (1st new car in several years) and got us on the road. He has gladly answered several questions since then and continues to provide fine support. Thanks.

Tom Carr, Harry, Richard Hubert

Joliva
5/27/2016

"Good dealership"

Harry was very helpful in getting me set up with my new Subaru. He was very efficient and facilitated the purchasing process for a factory order. He gave a great demo when it arrived and had everything ready to go so that the paperwork went quickly. I definitely appreciate his time and attention in making sure I got what I wanted out of the new car.