Subaru of Richmond

9177 W Broad St, Richmond, Virginia 23294

Makes: Subaru|Service Center

Subaru of Richmond
Subaru of Richmond Info

"Couldn't ask for better!"

We had a start to finish great transaction with Subaru of Richmond. We got a great price and attention to detail. Very friendly in a not-phony kind of way, I will definitely recommend to others. Larry & Joy Barclay

Robert Thomas, Dan Macneil

"Great Job!"

We arrived at this dealership at 4:45 on a Holiday weekend Saturday (when they closed at 5pm). We were greeted promptly and they asked if we'd like them to bring the WRX we were interested to the front door. This was extremely helpful because I recently had surgery for a ruptured Achilles tendon and have a half leg cast - hence the need for a automatic. I told them what we needed for my Accord V6 on trade current car and for what price we would like to purchase the new vehicle. In about 15-20 minutes they agreed to the trade amount (actually $100 more than what I'd been promised at Honda) on my car and our purchase offer on the new WRX. After the horrible experience at Audi of Richmond (see link) http://www.yelp.com/biz/west-broad-audi-richmond?hrid=Ksjd3aPYV0jxk8yNYm_p-A , the team at Subaru was very refreshing. They were respectful of our time and we were in and out in a hour. I'll post a follow up for my return visit Tuesday to confirm my satisfaction. I highly recommend you give them a chance to win your business and go see Dan Macneil. They were honest and I truly felt like I got a fair deal based on the research we've done.

Dan, Billy (Cousin of Sales Manager)

"Subaru of Richmond is the finest dealer that I have ever..."

Subaru of Richmond is the finest dealer that I have ever dealt with for a car purchase. Their prices are the best, they are impeccably honest, and they have outstanding customer service--always responding promptly to emails and phone calls and providing answers to every question. They are a "no pressure" dealership. They exceeded expectations by proactively reaching out to keep me updated on anticipated arrival date of factory ordered car, spending a great deal of time with me to review the car's features before leaving the lot, and after the sale inviting me to call or email anytime with questions or concerns. In particular, I would like to lift up Robert Thomas (internet sales manager), Rocco Karamoutsos (sales manager), Paul Robinson (product specialist), and Franco Perrone (finance manager) for their outstanding product knowledge and customer care.

Robert Thomas (internet sales manager), Rocco Karamoutsos (sales manager), and Paul Robinson (product specialist), and Franco Perrone

"Excellent purchase experience. Very professional salesman..."

Excellent purchase experience. Very professional salesman with outstanding knowledge of product. Purchase price was sraightforward and done in a respectfl manner. Would recommend this daler highly.

Tom Cole

"My husband and I had an absolutely positive experience..."

My husband and I had an absolutely positive experience purchasing an Outback at the west Broad Subaru dealership 1/9/14 due in large part to sales associate Chris Johnson! From our very first phone conversation to the final hand shake at the front door with keys in hand, this gentleman was courteous, professional, knowledgable and just the kind of person you want to do business with. Car salesmen have often been stereotyped as overbearing and misleading but quite the opposite in our experience! Chris is a definite asset to your sales staff! Sincerely, Ellen Dwyer Chesterfield, Va. p.s. We were "on the fence" between a car at the Charlottesville dealership and the one here in town. Mr.Johnson is the reason we purchased from Richmond Surabru on west Broad.

Chris Johnson

"To be honest, I only deal with businesses that come..."

To be honest, I only deal with businesses that come highly recommended by friends and family. That's how I ended up here. The Staff at Richmond Subaru are a direct reflection of the Quality of Car that they sell and service. Within minutes of walking into their showroom, you quickly begin venturing into that Subaru Family Atmosphere. The sale-rep. Tom Carr was a pleasure working with. No high pressure tactics, no smoke or mirrors. Almost like buying from a family member. Tom's very knowledgeable and professional in working with customers. Also, the supporting staff were great as well. Thanks to All! P.S. I purchased a 2013 Subaru Outback. Replacing my 2005 Subaru Forester. George Fandel

Tom Carr

"A very painless car buying by experience. Easy to deal..."

A very painless car buying by experience. Easy to deal with and worked with me to get the car that I wanted at the price that I needed. Highly recommended.

Cory Willoughby

"I have to say that I don't believe my purchasing..."

I have to say that I don't believe my purchasing experience for a new 2013 Outback could have gone any better. It began with a prompt, very competitive, pricing response to my email inquiry by Robert Thomas. The price quoted was not only competitive but was for the exact car I was interested in. As I am sure you are aware, that is not standard practice at most dealerships. In fact, I was so pleased with both the quick response and the idea that the price quoted was for the exact car, that I decided to visit your dealership that same day. The email I received referenced a followup call I would receive from Charlie Guthrie. However I did not wait that long and traveled to your dealership and asked for Charlie within a few hours of receiving the email. Despite no call ahead or effort by me to be sure that Charlie was available at that time, he met with me to discuss the Outback I was interested in. Charlie was professional in all respects and I can say without reservation that my experience with charlie was one of the best auto purchase expediences I have ever had. Actually, it probably is the best. I am a detail person by nature and had researched the 2013 Outback completely. Charlie knew all the details about the car, and pointed out the minor differences between the 2012 and 2013 model years. Differences I must say that I was mostly not familiar with. Charlie's knowledge of these differences and his very professional sales approach of responding to my specific questions while at the same time providing me info that he thought I might want to know about differences between models and packages. I do not normally do anything "on the spot" but I was so taken with the entire experience I decided to purchase the car on the spot. But alas, you did not have an Outback in my desired color with equipment I wanted. It was Saturday, and by Monday afternoon Charlie had located the car I wanted and arranged to have it transported for free to Moore. And it was the exact car with none of the "upgrade pressure" that often occurs in these situations at other dealerships. Charlie delivered the car to me a day after it arrived and the prep of the car as well as the delivery was flawless. To say I have been completely satisfied with the process is an understatement! I should also add that my time with Franco Perrone, Business Manager, to complete the paperwork and pay for the car followed the pattern I had by now come to expect. This part of the experience was also excellent. I am a minimalist by nature and always choose to cover the risks myself that one can cover by purchasing the packages Franco described to me. Even though I am not interested in these packages, Franco descibed in detail what was included in each and why I might be interested in them in a manner that was very professional and completely acceptable to me. I must say that based on previous experience, I have come to very much dislike this part of the process. Yet, despite my dislike, my experience with Franco was such that I actually enjoyed talking with him and asked a few questions about the packages. I did not take advantage of any of these packages but I would say that this part of the experience was actually enjoyable and in line with the rest of my experience in purchasing this Outback! To sum it all up, I am completely satisfied with my experience in purchasing this Outback and would recommend both Charlie Guthrie and your dealership to anyone that will listen! Oh yeah, I like the car too and it is living up to my expectations completely. I live in Williamsburg and have been interested in Subaru vehicles for quite some time. The primary reason this is my first is my complete dissatisfaction with our local dealer. And truthfully, although I have sort of tried to deal with them on several occasions, I am always put off almost immediately and end the process. As a result we have been customers of the local Honda dealership for many years, despite my interest and in some cases, preference for a Subaru. The Honda dealership is first rate and my experiences there have been similar to what I experienced at Moore. But they don't have the product I am interested in (Subaru) and I am glad to have done business with you. My only problem now is that my wife wants one too! Before I end this lengthy response I might add that the only thing I wish that you had, but don't, are Saturday hours for parts and service. I am a Dealer Service kind of guy, but the distance to your dealership means that I may have to find another arrangement because I am unlikely to be to get my Sube serviced on a weekday. Of course that's dedicated self interest at its finest and I may be able to find a way. Thanks for the great purchase experience and of course, the great car. I will be conveying the same info to Subaru if they contact me on the purchase.

Charlie Guthrie, Robert Thomas, Franco Perrone

"We drove up from Norfolk to complete this transaction as..."

We drove up from Norfolk to complete this transaction as they gave us a better price than we could get locally. It was an easy transaction and all of the people we dealt with were very friendly and not pushy. I almost didn't know I was in a car dealership. We got exactly what we wanted, a fair value for our trade and no hard sell. I would highly recommend anyone considering a subaru to work with Robert Thomas the internet sales director and Cory Willoughby to get their next car. It was such a change from previous car purchases. Thank you Subaru and Richmond, Robert and Cory! Kim Pritchard

Cory Willoughby

"I called Subaru of Richmond and was promptly put on the..."

I called Subaru of Richmond and was promptly put on the phone with Charley. I told him what I wanted and he went out found it and called me back with a quote that I could live with. I wanted a few things added to it. He managed to get that done for me all within 24 hours and without even meeting me. When I got there it only took about an hour to finalize everything and I was on my way. He even helped me purchase a gas cap for my other Subaru. It was my best car buying experience ever.

Charles Guthrie