Suburban Volkswagen of Troy - Service Center

Makes: Volkswagen|Service Center

Average

Suburban Volkswagen of Troy - Service Center
Suburban Volkswagen of Troy - Service Center Info
Is this your service center?
Is this your service center?
About This Service Center | Hours | Amenities

About Suburban Volkswagen of Troy

9 Service Center Reviews

"service"

I recently took my VW BEETLE in for service because of an engine warning light. I had called 2 days prior to my appointment, stating my problem and also saying I would need a ride to work, saying where that would be. As soon as I drove in at 7:15am, the Service Consultant, Amir, Chaaban, said the car could not be seen until 8. I told him I was told to arrive exactly when I did. No problem for me, since I was leaving the car while their driver took me to work. Before I get into that, let me say that this consultant was rude. He began by telling me that he never liked the Beetle! He said he just did not like the look of it. Fine, he is allowed to have an opinion, but to put down a car model from a company that employs him just boggled my mind!! I then quipped that possibly my car was a lemon since it is yellow. He then went into an explanation of what a lemon really is...a problem has to occur 3 times before it gets that designation. I WAS KIDDING!! He truly does not now how to communicate with his customers. But it got worse!! As I was getting my ride to work, he was notifying my driver about another call but when he heard where I was going for my job, he stated - on speaker - that that was just too far. Now I told them where I worked, not to mention that at this time, I was in the car!! So...when the car was ready for pick-up, I was told I had to find my own ride to the dealership, which I did. When he turned over my key, he stated that he was sorry about not being able to get me, but that the DRIVER said it was too far. HE SAID IT WAS TOO FAR!! And to make matters worse, the following day, the same warning light came back on. Admittedly, this is not his fault, but believe me, I will not be returning to the dealership in Troy. In the past, the staff at the Farmington Hills location has treated me with kindness and respect. I chose Troy this past time thinking it would be more convenient for rides to and from work. Oh well...Another note, the car is under warranty, therefore no cost to me.

"On February 6 2013, I experience a car problem when I..."

On February 6 2013, I experience a car problem when I purchased some gas from a station that had water in it. Within 24 hours of my emergency Amir, John and Chris solved my problem. I greatly appreciate the quick turn around response to my call. And the quick discovery of the bad gas in my new car along with the repair. Within 24 hours my car was cleared of its illness and I was back on the road.They even made sure I had the proper paper work to have my money refunded for the bad gas problem. Everything went well!! HATS OFF TO MY DREAM TEAM!!! THANK YOU AMIR, JOHN AND CHRIS Sincerely Marsha Florence

Amir C. John S. Chris L.

"Great Experience. Amir was very helpfull and fast. It..."

Great Experience. Amir was very helpfull and fast. It was easy and convenient and the sales staff, Darren Nitz, that I spoke with was very informative and was able to educate me on all of VW's car lines.

"This was our first visit to Suburban. We brought in our..."

This was our first visit to Suburban. We brought in our new Sportwagen for a 90 day courtesy check, as Suburban is closer to our house than the dealership where we bought it. Derek greeted us right away and got the car in to Dan to do the inspection. We couldn't have waited more than 20 minutes when they told us the car was ready. They also replaced one of the plastic cargo dividers that had broken... and they washed the car! Good experience, will definitely go back to Suburban for our next service.

Derek, Dan

"Amir really helped me out. He kept me informed of what..."

Amir really helped me out. He kept me informed of what was going on with my car, and I was in and out within the time frame I was given. Although I had to leave my car for service, he gave me accurate information about when it would be ready. I will definitely do all my service calls with Volkswagen of Troy!

Amir

"Detailed introduction on dealing conditions as well as..."

Detailed introduction on dealing conditions as well as car instructions. Help to match customers requriement. Provide options for my choose. Friendly to me and my family.

"Outstanding human relations touch. Excellent timely..."

Outstanding human relations touch. Excellent timely servicing of my vehicle. Fixed it when they said they would, followed up when they said they would, and the vehicle stayed fixed as it should. But the one extra little thing that figures for nothing but means everything was there. John Haji had that impeccable courtesy and professionalism.

John Haji

"VW offers with their 3 years, 36000 miles..."

VW offers with their 3 years, 36000 miles "Carefree" maintenance program, a free 90 days courtesy check up, and 3 free schedule maintenance visits, one per 10k miles. When my 90 days was almost up for my 2011 GTI, I booked an appointment with the Suburban VW of Troy's Service for a 90 days check up, note that I bought the car here, and was pretty happy with their helpful sales staff. The scheduling was fine and got a date that works fine for me. Upon arrival of that day I bring my car to the dealership. The service adviser who I don't know the name, took the key, and checked the mileage. Then promptly returned the key to me. He said that the 90 days inspection has a mileage limit of 3000 miles, and my car at which point had 4500 miles and was over the limit and thus not eligible for the check up. Not knowing the program in detail, but feeling a bit fishy about his claim, I left the dealership. Upon checking on VW.com, the program clearly notes on the site that the program is for cars before 90days or 6000 miles, not 3000 miles. This kind of either ignorant(bad) or deceiving(worse) service adviser is infuriating to a customer who decided to take a chance with VW despite knowing their not-so-stellar record for reliable cars. Fortunately there is another VW dealer in the area who was happy to honor the check up, and have since become my dealer of choice for service visit(one Courtesy check up, one TSB claim, and one schedule maintenance with them now).

ROCHESTER HILLS

"DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS DEALER! The customer..."

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS DEALER! The customer service at the service center for VW is awful. They always wanted to charge me for items that were within warranty. Last time I dropped by the service manager did not provide accurate info regarding pricing options. They quoted me $500 more than their sister dealer in a different city. Madness!!! Another annoying fact this service center never has time to schedule you in; it's always booked for at least 1 week. However, when you stop by w/o notice they have room and accept you. Their ridiculous shuttle service is useless. Their loaner program, is nonexistent. I would never recommend this dealer to anyone.

George (Service Manager)

Contact Information

Appointment Details

Drop off vehicle
Wait for service
Drop off vehicle
Wait for service

Vehicle Information

Please update the areas marked in red.