Suburban Volkswagen of Troy - Service Center

Suburban Volkswagen of Troy - Service Center
1804 Maplelawn Drive,
Troy, MI 48084
Suburban Volkswagen of Troy Info
Is this your Service Center?
Is this your Service Center?
About This Service Center | Hours | Amenities

About Suburban Volkswagen of Troy

30 Service Center Reviews
twodeft
6/03/2016

"Excellent Service Department"

I've had many new vehicles that have needed warranty repair and regular maintenance work. I'm no stranger to the service department at dealerships. The service at Suburban VW is top-tier. All warranty work done without question or problem. All regular maintenance has been handled quickly (most of the time while I wait) and accurately. My vehicle still drives very, very well with an excess of 60k+ miles and, to be sure, is party due to the accurate and reliable service provided. Amir is the point man in the service department and for good reason. Never are unnecessary repairs suggested, and frequently when asking about upcoming maintenance, it's made clear that there is no reason, at that point, to spend the money on something unnecessary. Couldn't be happier with the personable and professional services.

June 06, 2016

We are so happy we were able to make your car service experience a pleasurable one. Thank you for your positive feedback, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Mmg
5/24/2016

"Terrific service"

Very friendly staff. Quick, competitive reliable service. Amir went above and beyond... I needed a new tire and they not only replaced the damaged on but also made sure all the other tires were fine and returned the car freshly washed.

May 26, 2016

We always appreciate positive feedback and we are happy to hear Amir met all of your service needs when you brought your vehicle in! It's great that he went above and beyond for you and we look forward to providing that to you again next time you stop in!

VW_Enthusiast
5/03/2016

"Poor Service Center!"

Made an appointment to have my car repaired - I was not greeted when I brought the car in and had to wait nearly 10mins before helped (although there seemed to be at least a couple of people available to do so) and was told I was in the wrong area. After being sent to the correct area I was "helped" by way of a service associate who in 10 short conversations (being interrupted by the associates' walking away) was able to finally drop off my car for service. I was told the approximate time for the car to be completed and that I would receive a phone call. I returned hours later to find my car waiting outside and received no communication that the car was ready. Once I completed the payment transaction I got into my car to find the floor mat, steering wheel as well as the shift knob was covered in grease; I understand a service technician at some point needed to get into the car to pull this into a service bay but the dealership should be checking to make sure the car is as clean on the inside as when I brought it in. I will not be returning to have my car serviced at Suburban Volkswagen of Troy.

Elsa
4/10/2016

"Polite, helpful and friendly"

I have been going to Suburban Volkswagen of Troy for 8 years and have always been treated with respect and they have always solved all problems efficiently and in a timely fashion.

April 11, 2016

Thank you for your feedback and continued business! It is great that your experiences here have been so positive and we hope that continues! We look forward to working with you again next time you stop in!

wordswork
3/08/2016

"Avoid at all costs"

Avoid this dealership at all costs. I recently bought a 2009 Volkswagen Beetle from them and it has been the nightmare of all car-buying nightmares. I won't recount the saga of what happened when I bought the car, but it was the beginning of a nightmare that continues. Right now, I'd like to share the latest episode in this nightmare, which involves my car's battery. Less than 3 months after I bought this car, my battery died twice in less than a week. Once when I was having my windows tinted and again less than a week later when I was at a drive-up bank ATM machine. When the tow truck driver came to start the battery, he said the battery looked okay, but I should have the alternator looked at. I wasn't happy to learn that my alternator was acting up, especially since I'd only had the car for 3 months. But I was relieved that it was covered under the extended warranty that I bought with the car. So made an appointment at Suburban Imports and took the car in. When I told the tech, Amir, what the tow truck driver had told me, his words were something to the effect that VW alternators usually last 10 years. But he said he'd do a battery check. When he showed me the printout from the battery check, it indicated that the battery needed to be replaced. Amir said the price would be $250. Naturally, I asked why I should have to pay for a new battery on a car I'd had barely 3 months. His answer was that "batteries are unpredictable" and that you never know when a battery will die. Now, when I bought the car, I was given maintenance records that showed me what work had been done on the car since it had been on the Suburban Imports lot. When I checked the maintenance records, the battery WAS NOT listed as something that was either checked or replaced, which I found strange. It would seem that a reputable car dealership would check every part on a car that it is selling, especially a crucial part like a battery which, according to Amir, is "unpredictable." I find it interesting that the part that wasn't covered in my extended warrantee was the part that needed replacing. Amir even tried to throw the blame my way saying I might have left my lights on, which is not true, but I would expect an employee of this dealership to say such a thing. They are scam artists and charlatans. So I recommend avoiding Suburban Imports for new or used cars, unless you want a GIANT headache. UPDATE: They still deserve 0 stars! I have called Mr. Battalia, but he has yet to return my call, but... Judging from the conversation I had with Chris Lange, the service manager, who responded to my Yelp review, I am certain Suburban Imports could care less about solving the problem with my battery. They are only interested in enriching Suburban Imports at my expense. Mr. Lange's offer of free labor on the new battery that I would be required to buy from Suburban for $150 proves my point. I should not have to anything on a battery that was in the car when I bought it 3 months ago. Caveat emptor, right? "Let the buyer beware." But I will not be buying anything from this dealership EVER and I caution anyone considering buying from this dealership to rethink the decision. Stay away. They will bleed you dry - or try to. This dealership likes to put up the façade that they care about customers by responding to bad reviews on public sites, but they don't really care. My experience illustrates that perfectly.

March 09, 2016

We're extremely dissatisfied to hear of your recent experience at our dealership. This is not the standard we have set for us, or our customer service. We would love to receive feedback from you to improve our processes, and look into your warranty issues in depth. If you would like to speak further about your concerns we would welcome your feedback. Please call Delon Battaglia / Parts Manager at 248-649-2300.

GB331
2/24/2016

"excellent service"

I have been bringing my Passat to this dealership for servicing for a few years. My wife and I have been continually amazed at the quality of service that we have received. Great communication, timely repairs....and done right the first time. A special thank you goes to Amir Chabaan, who is the reason I keep coming back, and if he was still at this dealership when we were ready to purchase another car, I would definately consider Suburban Volkswagen.

February 24, 2016

It’s always nice to hear from our customers. We are very happy to hear you were so satisfied with your dealership experience and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

DM78
2/21/2016

"Quick!"

Unfortunately I've not been happy with my car but, the service department makes each of my exchanges extremely easy. No hassles, same day fixes; they're quick.

February 22, 2016

We are happy to hear you have been satisfied with our service department and the fast and efficient service they provide. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

wheelie
11/24/2015

"Worst service ever."

This dealership has the worst service I have ever experienced. They act as though they are to important for their customers and always tell you there is a whole bunch of things you need to fix/replace at extremely inflated prices. Today i thought I would give them one more try. After getting transferred three times to "service dept" I heard click click... dial tone. so i called them back, maybe it was an honest mistake right? i got transferred again and after sitting on hold for ages I heard the receiver get picked up and then they hung up again. this is the last time I give them any more chances, and I hope somebody else will read this and avoid the frustration I am feeling.

November 24, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Customer service and satisfaction is our number one priority. We would like the opportunity to hear more about your experience so that we may find a way to rectify the situation and ultimately handle your service needs. Please respond with your name and contact information or reach out to our Service Manager, Chris Lange, at 248-649-2300 or clange@suburbancollection.com at your earliest convenience.

Ttone74
11/03/2015

"Stealership"

Do not go to this dealer! They covered my brand new car with overspray and then denied it. They gave me my car back covered in water and tried to hide the fact that they got the entire front end covered in overspray! Then for good measure, they scratched the bumper.

November 13, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Customer service and satisfaction is our number one priority. We would like the opportunity to hear more about your experience so that we may find a way to rectify the situation. Please contact our Service Manager, Chris Lange, at 248-649-2300 or clange@suburbancollection.com at your earliest convenience.

Lovemyvws
10/08/2015

"Happy Suburban VW Customer"

The 1st car I purchased from Suburban VW needed collision repair. Unfortunately it was towed to another VW dealership and repairs were made with aftermarket parts although my warranty required new. When these parts failed I went to Suburban. Amir told me repaid were not covered because of aftermarket. He patiently listened to my situation, and worked with AAA and other dealership, and ultimately other dealership paid for all the new parts. We are now on our 3rd Suburban VW and will never have our cars serviced elsewhere.

Get a Recall Alert

Create an automatic alert when there is a recall on your vehicle.
Create an Alert

Contact Information

Appointment Details

Drop off vehicle
Wait for service
Drop off vehicle
Wait for service

Vehicle Information

Please update the areas marked in red.