Tate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Frederick

Frederick, Maryland 21704
Tate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Frederick Info

KatieM
2/09/2016

"Horrible Customer Service and Absolutely No Accountability"

Took my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee in to have a noise in the rear-end diagnosed/fixed. They had my jeep 5 days the first time. We picked my jeep up stopped to get gas and noticed a lug nut was busted off the front right tire, we turned around and dropped it back off. The service manager told us it was like that when it came in and they would not fix it without charging us. If it was busted off when it came in wouldn't they be obligated to notify us of this safety issue and shouldn't it have been noted on our paperwork as well? Neither was done. Frustrated and upset at Tate's horrible customer service and lack of accountability we took our Jeep back home and noticed the noise was not better and the rear-end was leaking. Back to the dealership it went, the service manager recognized their error in not properly setting the backlash and damaging the right rear axle seal during installation. They fixed the leak but not the whining noise and after going back and forth about the noise and again receiving horrendous customer service and just blatantly being lied to my husband and I threw our hands up and picked our jeep back up. Today I received a red light ticket in the mail on a date when my truck was in Tate's possession. Not only did they not properly fix the issue we originally dropped it off for they created another issue and were driving my vehicle recklessly.

Keith, Wayne, Chris & Shawn Frick

Anonymous
12/15/2015

"Good service center "

The guys in the service center do a very good job. I've taken both my Wife's Dodge and my Chrysler there many times for maintenance and any other work needed. They have a nice, clean area and waiting room. Keep up the good work!

think all of the service advisors

Anonymous responded to this review

December 15, 2015

By the way, the sales guys need to tell people that they don't have unlimited oil changes. They did tell us that we get free regular oil changes, but have to pay extra for synthetic oil. That was fine, but they made it sound like we get unlimited oil changes, when reality we only get 2 a year. Not the service centers fault, it's the sales rooms fault for misleading that.

a concerned buyer
12/02/2015

"Liars and Horrible Customer Service!"

The salesperson told my husband and I that we could have as many oil changes as we wanted per year for the life of the vehicle. This is the only reason why I decided to go with them instead of my local Chrysler Dealership. There is where the customer service ends. When I took my car for its first oil change, I was told that I was limited to two oil changes per year. I tried to deal with the dealership for months to get that worked out, but no one would ever call me back. Then, driving the car one night, I was pulled over by a state trooper and was told that my registration had expired. Tate charged me to give me new tags for a year and at this point, I had only had the car for 6 months. I found out that they had only transferred the tag and somewhere between the titling person at Tate and the DMV, they had messed up my address on the registration so I never received a renewal notice. I called Tate and spoke with the finance manager and was told that they would send me a refund check. It has been over three weeks and still have not received it. Since then I have called at least once a week and either the finance manager avoids my calls, the original salesperson told me that I was right and that he would fix it all and return my call ( he never did), and then I called again and received the sales manager who did call me back to tell me I was lied to again about when the refund was mailed out, but then to tell me it was my fault that I never received my renewal. Also to tell me that I was limited to two oil changes per year and there was nothing he was going to do about it. Usually I work with a dealership that values it customers and I let me love for the vehicle trump that better judgment. Won't let that happen again!

Aaron, Tom, John, service manager

disappointed
7/24/2015

"Money grubbers"

Had a warranty repair and the first thing these people told me was that they were going to charge me for the work! Straight-up told me that they needed to get paid and I was going to do it! Never deal with a company that has their pay check in front of their customer base. Go somewhere else. I've been a Dodge owner for over 13 years and never had a dealer like this. Bad news.

Chris, Keith

Wise1
5/17/2015

"Liars"

Bunch of fake, lying individuals. Especially mike Finn Complete con artist that doesn't like being called out on his fake word

Mike Finn and a manager who shouldn't be ine

Anonymous
5/10/2015

"Good job working with me on purchases and services"

When I bought my car, the sales center is much like many other dealers. They are of course in a business to make money and will try to do what it takes to earn your business yet make as much money as they can. But they were considerably friendly for me and really did a good job with selling me or should I say ordering my new car to what I wanted. But that's not the purpose of this writing. Tate's service center is very very good. These guys have gone out of their way to make sure I'm happy with what they do. I have had nothing but positive experiences so far with them. They have a nice, clean waiting room and it has wifi access. The tech's were knowledgeable with answering all of my questions that I've had this past year. Keep up the good work!

All

HarleyLady
2/19/2015

"The finance manager did not honor my USAA savings certificat"

Beyond terrible! this Air Force veteran was screwed big time by the finance manager. Please do not do business with Tate! I am beyond angry and will contact the attorney general's office!

Dodge66
6/07/2014

"Wrong approach "

Ryan stated that I wasn't "a man" unless I sat down and negotiated a deal with him. Not the best approach in my book. I will not recommend Tate dealerships ever if they employ people that think its acceptable to make rude comments or exhibit overly familiar attitudes with the customer(s).

Ryan London

tateisawful
3/30/2014

"Worst Finance People Ever - shady and will try to screw you"

I have a 700 credit score, with little debt, and a good income. I have a vehicle that CARMAX had guaranteed a trade-in value of $14000 one hour earlier. It's paid off. I had my heart set on a Jeep at the used car lot at Tate in Frederick, MD. The salesman was nice, not pushing, and just about perfect. So, thank you for that. When I got to the financing part, the finance manager did several things that were just awful: 1. He refused to let me see my credit report. 2. He refused to quote me any financing other than 72 months. I was looking for 60 months and have no issues making any payment. He tried to explain away saying, "You can just pay it off earlier then." In any loan, the interest charges are paid heavily in the beginning of the loan. A 72 month loan has far more interest to pay up. 3. He only offered me a 4.9 interest rate, which is ridiculous (since the average is hovering around 3). 4. He offered my $12000 on my $14000 certified trade-in. 5. After coming up $500 dollars on my trade in, the manager said that the offer was "only good for the next ten minutes." 6. He wouldn't come down on the price of the Jeep. It's America. We are supposed to haggle. 7. The finance manager and the sales manager yelled at each other several times. It was so bad I had to leave the room twice. The finance manager stated to me "I made a bad deal earlier, so I have to make up for it now." 8. While my salesman was out looking at my car, I asked the closest rep (who was just standing around) if I could have the keys to the Jeep I was interested in - just to go sit in what I thought would be my new car. The closest rep turned out to be the manager. Instead of just giving me the keys, he called in my salesman from what he was doing outside, to walk the five feet inside and hand me the keys off the key board. It was a jerk move. 9. The sales manager and the appraiser both smoked while they looked at my car. 10. The sales manager was about the rudest person I've every had the displeasure of meeting. While the used car sales department of Tate Jeep in Frederick was exemplary, the finance department and the sales manager was atrocious. They were obviously trying to screw me over with the 72 month financing, my trade in value, and the interest rate. I don't mind dealerships making money. They were squeezing me for every single dime - and being very shady about it. This was the worst almost car buying experience of my life. DO NOT GO TO TATE!!! They will screw you.

ddbuskirk
2/24/2014

"I found the vehicle on Auto Trader and drove several..."

I found the vehicle on Auto Trader and drove several hours. Before I left, I asked the salesman if he'd come down a little - he said they would...they didn't. The finance guy was about the rudest I've ever seen in any professional position. Didn't introduce himself, shake my hand, etc. Even when the business was done, there wasn't even a goodbye...unbelievable. I'm pretty sure it's because I secured my own credit union financing and he didn't get a kickback/commission, whatever. So, all in all, it was about the worst buying experience I've ever had. I'd stay away.

Finance Guy