Read Reviews Tate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Frederick

2.4

2.1

2.0

based on 7 reviews

Overall
2.2

2.2 out of 5

8 lifetime reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Tate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Frederick

This dealership is not an active DealerRater® Certified Dealer.

Find a Certified Dealer near me

Write a review of Tate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Frederick

Our Location

Listing amenities is available exclusively to our Certified Dealer members.

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"Wrong approach"

Dodge66
6/7/2014 6:47:09 PM

Ryan London

My Review Of Tate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Frederick:

Ryan stated that I wasn't "a man" unless I sat down and negotiated a deal with him. Not the best approach in my book. I will not recommend Tate dealerships ever if they employ people that think its acceptable to make rude comments or exhibit overly familiar attitudes with the customer(s).

Twitter
"Worst Finance People Ever - shady and will try to screw you"

tateisawful
3/30/2014 2:02:13 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)

My Review Of Tate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Frederick:

I have a 700 credit score, with little debt, and a good income. I have a vehicle that CARMAX had guaranteed a trade-in value of $14000 one hour earlier. It's paid off. I had my heart set on a Jeep at the used car lot at Tate in Frederick, MD. The salesman was nice, not pushing, and just about perfect. So, thank you for that. When I got to the financing part, the finance manager did several things that were just awful: 1. He refused to let me see my credit report. 2. He refused to quote me any financing other than 72 months. I was looking for 60 months and have no issues making any payment. He tried to explain away saying, "You can just pay it off earlier then." In any loan, the interest charges are paid heavily in the beginning of the loan. A 72 month loan has far more interest to pay up. 3. He only offered me a 4.9 interest rate, which is ridiculous (since the average is hovering around 3). 4. He offered my $12000 on my $14000 certified trade-in. 5. After coming up $500 dollars on my trade in, the manager said that the offer was "only good for the next ten minutes." 6. He wouldn't come down on the price of the Jeep. It's America. We are supposed to haggle. 7. The finance manager and the sales manager yelled at each other several times. It was so bad I had to leave the room twice. The finance manager stated to me "I made a bad deal earlier, so I have to make up for it now." 8. While my salesman was out looking at my car, I asked the closest rep (who was just standing around) if I could have the keys to the Jeep I was interested in - just to go sit in what I thought would be my new car. The closest rep turned out to be the manager. Instead of just giving me the keys, he called in my salesman from what he was doing outside, to walk the five feet inside and hand me the keys off the key board. It was a jerk move. 9. The sales manager and the appraiser both smoked while they looked at my car. 10. The sales manager was about the rudest person I've every had the displeasure of meeting. While the used car sales department of Tate Jeep in Frederick was exemplary, the finance department and the sales manager was atrocious. They were obviously trying to screw me over with the 72 month financing, my trade in value, and the interest rate. I don't mind dealerships making money. They were squeezing me for every single dime - and being very shady about it. This was the worst almost car buying experience of my life. DO NOT GO TO TATE!!! They will screw you.

Twitter
"I found the vehicle on Auto Trader and drove several..."

ddbuskirk
2/24/2014 6:16:36 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
Finance Guy

My Review Of Tate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Frederick:

I found the vehicle on Auto Trader and drove several hours. Before I left, I asked the salesman if he'd come down a little - he said they would...they didn't. The finance guy was about the rudest I've ever seen in any professional position. Didn't introduce himself, shake my hand, etc. Even when the business was done, there wasn't even a goodbye...unbelievable. I'm pretty sure it's because I secured my own credit union financing and he didn't get a kickback/commission, whatever. So, all in all, it was about the worst buying experience I've ever had. I'd stay away.

Twitter
"The dealership new sales manager said that there was no..."

jaythemac
9/4/2013 4:39:49 PM

Sales Manager who was balding

My Review Of Tate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Frederick:

The dealership new sales manager said that there was no way I was going to get the price that I did for a new 2014 Jeep Grande Cherokee Limited. I did purchase the vehicle for less then what they actually offered and Tate could not even come close. They are a joke of a dealership and I am from Frederick and had to take my business to Darcars Chrysler/Jeep in Rockville who were nothing but a class act compared to those jokers in Frederick.

Twitter
"Poor customer service and we spent 90 minutes in the..."

Rperry7937
8/22/2013 9:07:43 PM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: No
Rusty

My Review Of Tate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Frederick:

Poor customer service and we spent 90 minutes in the "express" lane. It took them an hour to figure out how to rotate tires, they failed to honor our paid warranty and we had a leak in our tire that took three months for them to figure out.

Twitter
"I was in the market for a new car, and desired something..."

Rsmith78
1/9/2013 9:35:08 AM

Aaron Kinsey

My Review Of Tate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Frederick:

I was in the market for a new car, and desired something "new" and "different" and I did some research on the 2013 Dodge Dart. I was impressed with the exterior and interior styling, and the overall base price. I then began my search of the model and color and I found it right here in Frederick at Tate.

I went down to the dealer and was immediately greeted by salesman Aaron Kinsey. I told him what I was looking for, and he readily assisted me in finding the model I found on the internet. He offered me a test drive, and I told him what I was hoping to pay, and he along with the finance department made it work for me!

I will recommend Tate and Aaron Kinsey to anyone that I know who is looking for a new or used automobile because the service is excellent; the prices are affordable, and the products sell themselves. I'm looking forward to continue to do business with Tate for my services and future purchases!

Twitter
"We searched online to find a 2013 dodge journey with all..."

chrisbarfield
1/3/2013 11:12:35 PM

Aaron Kinsey

My Review Of Tate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Frederick:

We searched online to find a 2013 dodge journey with all the bells and whistles and the color we wanted. I contacted the dealership that had the exact car we wanted via the internet and was promptly given a return call from Aaron Kinsey.

Aaron invited us to come out to take a look at the vechicle and scheduled an appointment for us working around our schedule. When we arrived at the dealership we were greeted in a polite professional manner, and informed he had the Journey and keys waiting for us. Within 5 minutes we were on our test drive.

When we returned Aaron patiently answered all questions we had concerning the vechicle and showed his knowledge of the product by explaining in detail how every feature on the vechicle worked.

Due to his professionalism, courtesy and no pressure sales technique, we bought the car from him that day.

I would also like to mention the excellent finance dept, who were honnest about what deals they were getting us approved for, and worked dilligently to get us the best loan available to us.

If you are in the market for a Dodge, Jeep or Chrysler, and want to be treated with respect I highly recommend this dealership and Aaron Kinsey as your sales person.

Twitter
"i had Ron as a salesman and he was great! He also had..."

jessicabaker1231
5/16/2012 8:05:53 PM

ron

3.8

My Review Of Tate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Frederick:

i had Ron as a salesman and he was great! He also had great customer service and was very patient and was not pushy at all & made sure i got the vehicle i wanted.