Tate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Frederick

Tate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Frederick Info

Cindy Shelton
9/15/2016

"lemon "

I purchased a new 2016 jeep compass on September 3rd and it has been in the service department more than I have had it I'm not at all happy with this dealer ship and will never purchase another vehicle from them

service department

Anonymous
9/12/2016

"Rude and lies"

We bought Jeep Cherokee 2014 we drove for 2 months and suddenly the car stopped in the middle of the highway. I didn't give the bad review just yet until today after I call them. When we bought the car the sale told me that we will get the car wash for the life time but when I called he said "no we never have that service." I didn't arguing with him because I know it's will ruin my day. I don't know why I even bought the car from them. There dozens of dealer around here that have better deal too. Next time when I buy a car I will make the salesman write what they offered and sign on the paper.

They all have attitude problem

Jeep
4/24/2016

"rude and poor service after the purchase"

We went to this place and got our new car. They were very friendly until you drove your new car away. They only gave me one key fob at the delivery and told me that they would find the 2nd set. However, they started to ignore my phone call and email. And when I use a different phone to call, the sale representative finally picked up the phone, but he hang up on me after he realized that I called. Do not ever go to this place to buy a car!!!!

John Hubbard

Kiwi1
3/21/2016

"Service Dept. created expensive problem ... and denied it."

Took my T&C in for routine brake work. Picked it up and headed hone. At first stop light, clouds of steam and foul smell from under the hood. Take it back. "Oh, that's the plastic coating coming off the new rotors." Hmmm ... OK, I head out again. Problem continues. Return to service dept. "Your cooling system has a leak in the heater portion (so-called "spider"). Has to be replaced for $600." Now, I notice that the leak has occurred at a place about 2 1/2" away from the brake master cylinder, where -- you guessed it -- the tech was working on the brake job. So, I say, "My car came here with no cooling problem, and left with a major one. The problem was caused while YOU had the car. Therefore, YOU should fix it at no cost to me." Oh no. "We didn't do anything to your cooling system. It was coincidence!" I called my attorney. She said, "You might win, but it's a hard thing to prove because it's your word against their whole department. Yes, they are ripping you off but it's not worth your cost to risk going to court." So, I got shafted by Tate Chrysler for close to $600 (They gave me a 5% discount so there "wouldn't be any hard feelings.") My father told me when I first bought a car, "The greatest risk your car will ever run is when it's being serviced." As a know-everything teenager, I didn't listen to him. He was absolutely right. EVERY major problem I've had in 50 years of owning/running cars has been caused by incompetent technicians. Tate is a prime example.

Senior service manager on duty, mechanic who worked on the car

Rollman
3/05/2016

"Their negligence almost killed me and my family "

This dealerships negligence almost killed me and my family. I bought a used, lifted 2014 Wrangler Unlimited in August. Third day after having the Jeep, my family and I drove to Hagerstown. We didnt make it considering the left rear wheel came off at 65 mph on the highway. The Jeep was towed back to the dealership and they reluctantly replaced the wheel, tire and bolts after accusing me of messing with it. After a week I got the Jeep back. I have always had some shimmy in higher speeds, I figured it was cause I was driving a lifted box on big tires. I got the oil changed for the first time at Jiffy Lube because it was a pain to get an oil change scheduled with Tate. In January I prescheduled my first oil change and tire rotation, since i was supposed to get the first two years of regular maintenance with the vehicle purchase. I took the Jeep out and drove it 30 miles and brought it back due to an extreme wobble. I asked them to make sure the front tires were balanced. 15 minutes later the guy comes back and said the tires are balanced and they could not find any safety issue with the vehicle. He then proceeded to say i had some cupping on the oversized tires and to let it break in for a couple of hundred miles. 300 miles later I got fed up and took it to Pep Boys and asked them to balance the front tires. They pulled off the driver front tire (the one Tate originally replaced) and it was 20oz out. The guy said 5oz out you will notice a wobble. The poor guy in the Pep Boys shop spent 30 minutes balancing it. No wonder Tate didnt want to do their job right. After Pep Boys fixed Tates mess, the Jeep drives great on the highway at higher speeds. I left a message with the Tate GM, explaining my displeasure and disgust in the exhibited incompetence of Tate. I then went in today in an effort to get reimbursed for the balancing fee i was charged by Pep Boys. I spoke to the service manager who conveniently could find no record of me asking for my tires to be balanced. I pointed out the guy who told me it was balanced and the manager called him in to question him. The kid lied, I called him a liar. I then told the service manager that we should severe our relationship because I felt Tate could not effectively or safely service my vehicle. I would now like the value of my guaranteed two years of service. I asked for the GM. This little fellow comes in in an oversized clown suit and proceeds to rant about how they shouldnt have replaced the wheel and tire and that MD State Inspection didnt require them to check it and I wasnt getting anything from Tate.

Shawn, keith

KatieM
2/09/2016

"Horrible Customer Service and Absolutely No Accountability"

Took my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee in to have a noise in the rear-end diagnosed/fixed. They had my jeep 5 days the first time. We picked my jeep up stopped to get gas and noticed a lug nut was busted off the front right tire, we turned around and dropped it back off. The service manager told us it was like that when it came in and they would not fix it without charging us. If it was busted off when it came in wouldn't they be obligated to notify us of this safety issue and shouldn't it have been noted on our paperwork as well? Neither was done. Frustrated and upset at Tate's horrible customer service and lack of accountability we took our Jeep back home and noticed the noise was not better and the rear-end was leaking. Back to the dealership it went, the service manager recognized their error in not properly setting the backlash and damaging the right rear axle seal during installation. They fixed the leak but not the whining noise and after going back and forth about the noise and again receiving horrendous customer service and just blatantly being lied to my husband and I threw our hands up and picked our jeep back up. Today I received a red light ticket in the mail on a date when my truck was in Tate's possession. Not only did they not properly fix the issue we originally dropped it off for they created another issue and were driving my vehicle recklessly.

Keith, Wayne, Chris & Shawn Frick

Anonymous
12/15/2015

"Good service center "

The guys in the service center do a very good job. I've taken both my Wife's Dodge and my Chrysler there many times for maintenance and any other work needed. They have a nice, clean area and waiting room. Keep up the good work!

think all of the service advisors

Anonymous responded to this review

December 15, 2015

By the way, the sales guys need to tell people that they don't have unlimited oil changes. They did tell us that we get free regular oil changes, but have to pay extra for synthetic oil. That was fine, but they made it sound like we get unlimited oil changes, when reality we only get 2 a year. Not the service centers fault, it's the sales rooms fault for misleading that.

a concerned buyer
12/02/2015

"Liars and Horrible Customer Service!"

The salesperson told my husband and I that we could have as many oil changes as we wanted per year for the life of the vehicle. This is the only reason why I decided to go with them instead of my local Chrysler Dealership. There is where the customer service ends. When I took my car for its first oil change, I was told that I was limited to two oil changes per year. I tried to deal with the dealership for months to get that worked out, but no one would ever call me back. Then, driving the car one night, I was pulled over by a state trooper and was told that my registration had expired. Tate charged me to give me new tags for a year and at this point, I had only had the car for 6 months. I found out that they had only transferred the tag and somewhere between the titling person at Tate and the DMV, they had messed up my address on the registration so I never received a renewal notice. I called Tate and spoke with the finance manager and was told that they would send me a refund check. It has been over three weeks and still have not received it. Since then I have called at least once a week and either the finance manager avoids my calls, the original salesperson told me that I was right and that he would fix it all and return my call ( he never did), and then I called again and received the sales manager who did call me back to tell me I was lied to again about when the refund was mailed out, but then to tell me it was my fault that I never received my renewal. Also to tell me that I was limited to two oil changes per year and there was nothing he was going to do about it. Usually I work with a dealership that values it customers and I let me love for the vehicle trump that better judgment. Won't let that happen again!

Aaron, Tom, John, service manager

disappointed
7/24/2015

"Money grubbers"

Had a warranty repair and the first thing these people told me was that they were going to charge me for the work! Straight-up told me that they needed to get paid and I was going to do it! Never deal with a company that has their pay check in front of their customer base. Go somewhere else. I've been a Dodge owner for over 13 years and never had a dealer like this. Bad news.

Chris, Keith

Wise1
5/17/2015

"Liars"

Bunch of fake, lying individuals. Especially mike Finn Complete con artist that doesn't like being called out on his fake word

Mike Finn and a manager who shouldn't be ine