Team One Charlotte

1616 Lansing Road, Charlotte, Michigan 48813

Makes: Buick|Chevrolet|GMC|Service Center

Team One Charlotte
Team One Charlotte Info

"Purchased a 2003 Chevy S10 and looked rust free. After..."

Purchased a 2003 Chevy S10 and looked rust free. After two months the truck started to show signs of Bondo filled rear wheel wells. After four months there were holes in the rear wheel wells. I then drove the truck to Team One, the salesperson and manager were gone. I then was able to get in contact with the salesperson, and had to drive back to Team One. After the visit Team One was willing to trade the truck in and Team One was not willing to fix the truck. I decided I was willing to trade the truck in for a similar truck. Team One did not have a similar vehicle in stock so, the manager was going to look for one. It has now been over two weeks and I am still waiting to hear back from Team One.

Sales and Manager

"If I were GM I would revoke this dealerships franchise..."

If I were GM I would revoke this dealerships franchise license. I purchased a used HHR from them without driving it on the expressway. When I did drive it on the expressway I noticed a severe shimmy and pull to the left. I called the salesperson but couldnt get him to return my calls. I finally went back to the dealership and spoke to the manager whom I had been told was out of town. He was very dismissive and just wanted to push me off on their service department with a "discount" stating he wasnt going to pay for an alignment; implying that I had hit something. He also tried to tell me what a good deal I had gotten on the car. I elected to take my business elsewhere. I took it to a local service mechanic who discovered the vehicle had mis-matched tires. It had 3 Firestone Affinity tires, one of which was shot. The fourth tire was a Firestone Firehawk model. I replaced the bad affinity and firehawk tires, both of which were on the rear of the vehicle. That solved the shimmy issue but not the pull to the left. I took the vehicle to another Chevy dealer who spent a lot of time on the car. They went as far as calling GM tech support to resolve the issue. They ended up having to expand a bolt slot on the front end so the camber could be adjusted properly. I suspect this is a bad design by GM but the dealer did nothing to resolve the issue. In short "team one" sold me a car that Im convinced had problems they must have known about or at least should have; and wouldnt even discuss the situation with me to try to resolve it.

salesman

"My first experience with this dealer was with the body..."

My first experience with this dealer was with the body shop. The first thing I noticed when I picked up my vehicle was that the bumper alignment was off. It was easy to see based on the fit around the headlights. I had the body shop estimator come out to look at it and I wasted 15 minutes of my life arguing with her. Her response was that it was the glare of the sun.... I then took a key out of my pocket to prove my point. I had to wait 45 minutes for them to get it in and readjust it. When it comes to their service department, they have the same attitude. The customer is always wrong. I came in for a Check Engine Light and drivability issue and when they saw aftermarket parts, they immediately blamed them. When I had an expert tell me what was wrong, they quickly discredited any and all opinions (another Chevy dealer actually spent time to diagnose it and found it in fact was a faulty PCM). Aparently, their techs and service team doesn't know much about newer cars.. Next, I told them which tire pressure monitor was not reading correctly (this could also be told on the vehicle information center in the dashboard). Guess what, the tech replaced the wrong sensor (the right front was reading an error and he replaced the left rear). When I confronted the service advisor about this, he said that I told him which sensor to replace.... Hmmm, I thought all technicians must diagnose the vehicle, and from my point above, they were quick to reject my statement on a check engine light, but were willing to blame me for their lack of replacing the wrong sensor. I had some nice arguments once again with both service and body shop. As a former service manager(I did this while earning my degree in accounting), I would never allow 1 customer to go through what I went through. There are times where you need to figure out the problem, but I would have fired my service advisor's if they ever argued with a customer in front of me the way Larry did right in front of Gerald. My best recommendation of this dealership is to avoid at all costs. Glenn Buege in Eaton Rapids has technicians that blow Team One's away, as well as a friendlier staff with the small town feel. They will go that extra mile to give you great service. Drive the extra 12 miles for a better experience, or just avoid Team One all together!

Gerald Buffin, Larry, Bruce King

"Found my new GMC truck on the internet & made the..."

Found my new GMC truck on the internet & made the deal on the phone because they had the truck I wanted but were 245 miles from where I live. Picture had oem GM tubular side steps on it & asked the salesman about them because they were not stated on their site, he said yes it has them. Was the day after Thanksgiving & took me a little longer to get there than I expected but made it in a half an hour before they closed, most of the paper work was done already. They looked @ my trade in & we agreed on its price so we started finishing the paper work while the truck I came to buy was getting detailed. By the time the new truck was brought up the dealer was closed & just about everyone was gone, I walked out to look @ the new truck for the 1st time & NO SIDE STEPS!! I asked my salesman about them & he told me they were removed because they were not included for that price & they were cheap plastic ones that I wouldnt want anyway,pretty nice after everything was finalized. I have the original picture from their site showing the OEM GM steps on it. I ordered a set of GM steps to put on it & when I went to install them I found they left all the oem mounting hardware on my truck & the set I got mounted right to it. ALL I CAN SAY IS THEY PULLED A FAST ONE ON ME & ARE LIARS. Second issue is that they charged me a $195 doc fee & because I live in another state I have to do the title work. Doing the title would be understandable but don't make me pay for something you didn't do & made me do.................................................................................................................... Just wanted to add that I contacted GMC customer service & they made a good effort trying to get these issues resolved but have no power over their dealers & Team One basically ignored them & me. Buy GM but buy it from another dealer!!!!

Doug Weir