The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston Info
About The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

About The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

"Worst customer service I have ever experienced!"

Where do I start off at...first, I was in contact with the sales rep prior to my arrival and advised him I was on my way(2.5hours away), he advised the vehicle was being detailed and would be ready on my arrival. I arrived at the dealership to find out the vehicle was not there. Waited for over 45minutes just to see the truck and to find out it was only half detailed. Second, the sales rep had no clue what features the vehicle had, my wife asked if there were heated seats to which he advised no. Then my wife pointed out the heated seat button and he advised yeah it does have heated seats as if he were joking around but, you could tell he screwed up. At one point he stated that he metal skid plate was not an option from the dealer ship and that you have to put this on yourself, that is false. If you buy or order the pro-4x it comes stock with the metal skid plate. Numerous more occasions where the sales rep displayed signs of not knowing what he was selling. Third probably one of the most irritating things of them all, I decided to purchase the vehicle due to it was exactly what I was looking for and for a somewhat good price. Well anyways, as I began to sign papers the sales rep then discloses that the vehicle was involved in a minor collision and it was reported on carfax. He never disclosed this information prior to signing papers, I nearly walked out at this point as I was extremely pissed off. Fourth prior to my arrival I advised I was in contact with this sales rep and he advised that I would not need to pay sales tax as I was out of state. I went to the finance dept with cash and a check from the bank to find out he was wrong once again and I had to put the tax on my credit card and I was not aware that tax was going to need paid. While in the finance office I found out that the sales rep had screwed something up on the paperwork causing the finance department to have to redo all their paperwork. I was in the finance department for 3 hours, and the finance guy was very aware of the situation and apologized that I had to wait so long. Fifth, after I was done as the finance dept I was told by the sales rep to meet him across the road to pick up the vehicle. I get over there to be told he is with someone so I have to wait again while I see him sitting in the officer laughing with the manager I had spoke with earlier. Then when he finally comes out he states he forgot to get the temporary license plate and had to run across the road to get it. He gets back with the plate and puts it on and I get in the truck ready to leave only to realize they never did finish the detail and he did not put the SD card in so he had to run across the road again! Sixth, during the test drive I went to open the drivers door and it would not open I thought it was maybe locked still so i reached in and pressed unlock, still would not open. The sales rep said you still have it locked, I pressed unlock two more times and it still would not open. It finally opens and the sales rep said nothing is wrong with the handle. I stopped on the way home to grab something to eat and could not get the drivers door open after pressing unlock multiple times and my wife double checking while she was inside the vehicle that it was unlocked. I later got the door open by having to pull on the bottom side of the handle. I contacted the sales rep, (oh yeah, his name is JON QUACH) and advise what had happened and asked how it was going to get fixed. He responded saying you will have to take it to a dealership and it will be covered under warranty if its not from normal wear and tear. He never offered to have his dealership pay for the expense if it was not from normal wear. I am taking the vehicle in, in two days and will find out if it is covered under warranty, if not Autobarn will be getting a phone call from me. Overall very BAD experience and would never ever recommend this dealership to anyone not even my worst enemy. Never expected this poor of service from a licensed Nissan dealership will never return!!!

The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston responded to this review

June 12, 2014

Hello - First and foremost, please accept my sincere apology for your experience here at our dealership. It appears as though one thing happened after another and can understand your frustration. Frankly, it frustrates me as well knowing that there were several factors that led to your dissatisfaction. I do thank you for detailing this for us. Instead of addressing everything via messaging, please contact me directly and we will go over each of the concerns and see what we can do to rectify the situation and what I can do to earn back your business. Thank you, Richard Kirkpatrick General Manager 847-425-7711

"Exceptional Customer Service"

Gianna's commitment to serving clients with the highest level of service is second to none. We felt in good hands from the showroom to the test drive to signing the paperwork and she never pressured us once. Our only drawback was we asked for the car to be detailed as part of the deal and the work fell short. The inside wasn't done at all, which is what needed the most attention and the outside didn't seem to have anything done besides a car wash (rims were still dirty). We would have rather had waited a few extra minutes for the work to be completed correctly. Overall, we were very pleased with our experience and the level of professionalism with all the staff involved with our purchase. Thanks, Gianna! :)

Gianna DiDiana

"Great service"

While buying a car can be stressful, Bojan really made it a good experience. And most importantly, once I left with the car, he consistently followed up and took care of a few minor issues. I always had a comparable loaner and the issues were fixed with no problem and stress. I would recommend this dealership and sales staff to anyone.

"Great experience of buying my new Altima "

I bought the new 2014 Altima sv tonight. Although I come too late around 8pm but the representative Salko Alihodzic is very nice and friendly got me through the whole process until 10pm. I thank him provide me with good price and also great service. I strongly recommend Autobarn and Salko for you.

"Best Dealership, Best Sales Consultant, Best prices."

Bought Nissan Pathfinder. This is by far the Best Dealership. Was very skeptical, but Bojan honored every word. Highly recommended. Impeccable customer service. Raj Gupta

"Excellent Buying Experience!!!"

I have always hated the car buying process. It is not a question of “if,” but rather “how” I will get ripped-off. I challenge everything car salesmen say. It was no different at Autobarn in Evanston. But they were patient with me, explained everything in detail, and kept all of their promises. There was even a little misunderstanding about the financing which was corrected in my favor. Later, upon investigating to determine “how” I got ripped-off, I discovered that Bojan Kokanovic, Sales Staff, and Tony Antonov, Finance Manager, gave me the best deal possible, regarding trade-in, pricing, and financing, on my beautiful new peacock blue Nissan Versa Note. I would purchase a vehicle from them again!

Tony Antonov

"Friendly shopping experience, great price!"

I had a great experience finding my Nissan Rogue SV at The Autobarn. I started off by emailing the dealership about my requirements including the price and they matched up my offer price which was well below the invoice. They explained that the low price offer was possible if I finance through the dealership. But when I decided to go with my credit union, they hiked up the offer price by $1000. This happened to now come a few hundred dollars shy of what the other dealerships were offering so I decided to pursue it. Since I don't live in Chicago I had to be double sure that they had the exact car in stock and didn't want to make two trips to make the buy. Bojan Kokanovic was very responsive to all my requests and was quite flexible throughout the process. I reached the dealership a bit late due to traffic and they had sold off the car that I had blocked due to a "business decision". Anyway I got a loaner car (a Rogue SL) to take back home until they found the same car a few days later. Bojan drove it all the way to where I live and delivered the vehicle as soon as they found it. I would say that there were a few uncertain moments but overall I got my dream car and they kept their word on the final quoted price. They even threw in a few extras (at discounted rates) in the vehicle that would've normally costed more. This was a hot buy and finding my exact model with the trims was very hard and none of the dealers in a 300 mile radius had it in stock. So I would say it was well worth the extra effort to wait it out.

"Effficient and Friendly delaership"

We purchased a used car just a couple of weeks ago with the help of Bojan kokanovic, our sales representative at the dealership. We found the car on the internet through Cars.com, and later through the Autobarn web site. We were able to negotiate an amicable deal with a trade-in and had all the financing and paperwork done the same day. We were able to drive our new car home that afternoon. The car required a minor repair through the service department, and that was taken care of quickly and efficiently as well. I would not hesitate to return to Autobarn again for future needs.

"first experience at Autobarn"

is the first time buyer in evanston Autobarn, it was a great experience with Gina, she explained to me and I detail everything about the car and financing. She is a patient person and makes you feel very comfortable. I tell my friends to buy your car with gina. Thank you. Luis and Marlen

"Bad credit IS a problem"

Drove 65 miles because of their good reviews and their supposed ability to deal with bad credit. They had the exact car we wanted. We were trying to consolidate down to one car to save money and for different needs. They couldn't do anything for us. Asked them what if we use a co-signer with good credit, they told us it wouldn't matter. What? Isn't that the whole point of a co-signer? Waste of 6 hours of our day. They should say "Good credit, decent credit, no problem. Bad credit, don't bother"

Slavi

The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston responded to this review

April 10, 2014

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely regret that we were not able to get you into a new car that day and that you left with a bad experience. Additionally, I am sorry that we were not able to get you financed. We are to treat customers with utmost respect and professionalism and despite your credit concerns, we should have tried with your co-signer to ensure we covered all grounds. Please call me personally if there are any outstanding issues as we would welcome the opportunity to servce you at any time. Thank you, Richard Kirkpatrick General Manager 847-425-7711

Reviews of Moe Kodaimati