The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

About The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

About The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

Lu1965
12/07/2015

"Misrepresented vehicle price, and did not deal in good faith"

This dealership played the old monthly payment game where they don't show you the actual price of the vehicle, but just show you the monthly payment. They try to get to the payment you can afford without regard for the length of the contract and they try to avoid telling you the interest rate. They also add costs to the advertised price for anti theft, paint protection, etc. They state that it is already applied to the car and can't be removed. Therefore, they try to force you into buying something that you may not want or need. I feel that they use very deceptive sales techniques and do not deal honestly or in good faith.

Debbie123
11/24/2015

"Oil Change"

I went in for a routine oil change and the service was excellent! I dropped off my car and it was ready when promised. The staff couldn't be nicer or more detailed when going over the check up performed on my Maxima. I would recommend the Autobahn for service to all of my friends for sure.

Tom Harrington

Froglady55
11/23/2015

"Great service"

I have dealt with Don Mekoola for many years. He has always been very helpful in explaining what needs to be done to my car.

K tolli
11/17/2015

"Great Service"

Don Mekoola was very helpful describing what services my car needed. I've been a customer for some years now & it's always good to get excellent, friendly service when I stop in.

yonda1
11/15/2015

"Great! !!!!"

Had a great experience Ms.Serita Ford was awesome and I would recommend her and this dealership to my family and friends thanks for the experience!!!!!!

Marisol Mariscal
11/12/2015

"Fair, welcoming, easy going!"

Autobarn Nissan of Evanston offers a great inventory, experienced sales staff, and the best of management. I have had horrifying car buying experiences in the past and I'm thrilled to say I won't return to any other dealership but Autobarn Nissan in the future! Being myself, I had a ton of questions which were answered impeccably by one of their internet sales rep, Ms. Cindy. Cindy remained patient and friendly throughout the whole procedure when requesting an appointment due to my hectic schedule. Upon my arrival Cindy introduced herself to me and handed me over to Mikey, the salesman who took care of me throughout my purchase. Pricing was also fair and honest. I'm very happy my friend recommended Autobarn Nissan to me! One of a kind experience.

Cindy Santos, Mikey Hadziahmetovic

Anna_R

"Love my Maxima!! "

Unlike other dealerships, they got to me relatively fast, at first I delt with Escarleth. She was very helpful Answering all my questions over the phone and through email. When I came in she greeted me and then I worked with Eddie. He got me to love the car I was already fond of. We got to the numbers and signing the papers and I was out driving my brand New Maxima.

Escarleth. And Eddie

robin123

"Great place!!"

This place is great, took care of me right away, I've had my family come here also and it was excellent customer service. Great people to do business with!!

palmtree
11/11/2015

"bait-and-switch"

The tactics used by Marco, Slavey and Miki are shameful. Keep reading to see how they gouged me out of $700 (and how I got the money back). Marco showed me a used car I had seen on cars.com. I asked several questions about the condition, history, and specifically what service Autobarn had performed on the car. Marco gave me a schpiel about how they thoroughly inspect every used car that comes in--even those that are not Nissan (the one I was interested in was not a Nissan)--and they bring the cars up to some basic standards. He told me every car gets an oil change, among other things. A couple days later I returned to test drive the car again and take it to my mechanic for an inspection. I have been going to this mechanic for years, he knows me and I trust him. He gave me a list of problems including: dirty oil and filters rear brakes worn out bump in tire (which makes tire weak and at risk for a blowout) Back at Autobarn I asked Marco for a list of the work that was done on the car. He was unable to produce any documents. He kept coming and going, coming and going while I waited and waited and waited. He finally admitted that he couldn't locate any documents showing that the car had been inspected let alone brought up to any standards. Best case: he thought every car was inspected and fixed. Worst case: he was lying. I have no idea which but I would be dubious of anything he says. Enter Slavey, Marco's manager. Slavey was the stereotypical mean guy to Marco's sweet guy. Slavey was skilled at intimidation tactics such as the stony face, dead stares, the repetition mantra, silence, and shutting me down. He refused to negotiate on the price or problems, even when I pointed out that brakes and tires are SAFETY issues. It is UNCONSCIONABLE that a dealership would sell a car with bad brakes and a bad tire..and do so knowingly. And what kind of reputable dealer neglects something so basic as changing the dirty oil and filters? To his credit, Slavey eventually showed a softer side (after watching me cry and discuss and plead for an hour) and offered a deal: he'd replace the 4 tires (my mechanic said they were cracked and dry) and do the brakes; he would do an oil/filter change and I'd pay full price. I agreed even though those things should be standard and not items one has to spend 2 hours arguing over. Later Slavey reneged on the three dry, cracked tires saying they had a lot of tread. In the end, they replaced the one tire and supposedly did an oil and filter change (I don't know if they actually changed the oil/filters because the "need service" oil change code never went away--and again they wouldn't give me documentation). They fixed the brakes a few days later. Again, these are basic items should have been checked and corrected before the car was advertised and shown. Moving on to the finance department. After waiting around for over an hour I met with Miki the finance guy. There was a lot more crying and arguing and discussing. I balked at the high APR and in the end Miki--to his credit--gave me a good rate. Here's how he nabbed me though. Miki was quickly handing me one paper after another to sign. He puts the itemized sales contract before me while he's working on other papers. There's the sale price for the car and then there's $300 for theft shield etching and $400 for autoguard paint protection. "What are these extra charges?" I asked. Miki tells me they come with every car they sell and are not optional. I protested, saying I did not want these items and no one had mentioned them. No budging from Miki. He had slipped them onto the bill and didn't mention them, as though hoping I'd just sign and not notice an extra $700. In the end, I signed--I needed the car--but I really felt deceived and physically ill for paying way more than I felt they deserved for the car that had some problems (not just the 3 items mentioned above). Later, I filed a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's office about the $700+tax of bogus charges. And you know what? I received a refund from Autobarn for $700 + tax for those bogus charges. I am SOOO grateful for the Ill. AG for helping me find some measure of justice.

Marco Vasquez, Miki Kadric

Carguy, Lee 123
11/11/2015

"Excellent Experience"

I recently purchased a relatively new Pathfinder from Nissan Autobarn. I had preliminary discussion with the sales agent before driving the 3.5 hours to their location.The vehicle was in excellent condition as described by the agent and the trade- in value was in line with what had previously been discussed.I was very satisfied with the purchase and felt that I was treated fairly. I was definitely impressed with John Morales who facilitated the transaction.John was knowledgeable about the vehicle and extremely professional.In addition, he was pleasant, cooperative and had a nice sense of humor.I would definitely recommend John Morales if you are planning a purchase from this dealership. Lee

John Morales