The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

About The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

About The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

Stacy McCoy
11/24/2014

"Either Hugely Incompetent or Just Plain 'Ole Dishonest"

After hours of car research, I found a car that appeared to be everything that I was looking for in a Nissan Rogue. While it was located almost 150 miles away from me, The Autobarn Nissan had overall really great reviews, so I felt that I would receive exceptional service. I called as soon as they were open Saturday morning to ensure that their online inventory was up to date, and was told by the receptionist that the car was still there. She said that while the sales staff was in a meeting and wouldn't start until 9am, she would give them a message to have someone call me. I wanted to make sure of my purchase before I wasted an entire Saturday driving over for nothing. 9am came and went. 10am came and went and I decided to call myself. The receptionist apologized that no one had contacted me and put me in touch with Tim. Tim further confirmed that the Rogue I was interested in was indeed still there. I explained my concern about driving all the way over there, only to have it sold right before I arrived. Initially, Tim offered me the option of putting a deposit on the car to ensure that it would be there and I readily accepted this. However, when he supposedly checked with his manager, he came back and said that no deposits were being accepted that day. Due to my concerns, he said that he would park the car on a back lot so that it wasn't visible and he would keep the keys. I told him that I would be there by 2pm, loaded my two small children into the car, and took off. At a quarter of 1, Moe from the dealership called in response to the message I had left nearly 4 hours prior. I explained that I was within 30 minutes of the dealership and would be meeting Tim. As it turned out, Tim called just 15 minutes later with bad news. 15 minutes away from the dealership and he calls to apologize, but the car had just been picked up. Apparently, he said, it had been sold the day before and the person was just coming in to pick it up. What kind of gross incompetency do you have to have in your business when TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE supposedly check and say that the car HAS NOT BEEN SOLD?! I would have never gotten in my car, if that was the case! He had little to nothing to say and instead suggested that, rather than the black one, he had two other Rogues on the lot for the same price; one in brown and one in purple. SERIOUSLY?! What I believe happened is that the car was never moved to any back lot and was just sold to the first person that was physically there (and NOT the day before), with no regard to the customer driving such a long distance specifically for THAT car. And this AFTER that customer had expressed her concern for driving such a long way only to be screwed over. At this point, the dealership is either completely incompetent or opportunistically dishonest. Regardless of what actually happened, I don't choose to support practices such as these with my hard-earned money. I do not lounge through lots just looking to buy whatever the dealership happens to have sitting around. I am very meticulous with my purchases and was coming with actual cash in hand. I had no choice but to turn right around and make the 2-1/2 hour drive back home, with two very cranky restless children, empty handed. Not only was a precious weekend day stolen, but I wasted nearly $100 between tolls, gas, lunch, and the additional unnecessary mileage on my current car. Thank you for ab-so-lute-ly nothing. I have the choice of multiple other dealerships, and other makes of car for that matter. As a result, not only will The Autobarn not ever receive any of my business, but neither will Nissan at this point. I suppose shame on me for believing that there was any such thing as an honest used car dealership/salesperson.

Tim (unknown last name)

Beusterien
11/19/2014

"Excellent experience"

Martin Deszczak's enthusiasm for the 2015 Nissan fully electric car I purchased rubbed off on me and I am still very happy about the purchase of this car. Even though I was somewhat guarded initially with the entire meeting, I quickly became comfortable, thanks to Martin's openness and the information he provided.

Martin Deszczak

rodrcynt
11/08/2014

"Awesome experience with trade in of totaled car"

We had a great experience with this dealership, especially with moe. He was extremely patient with all of our questions and while test driving the car, he made an effort to to point out all the features of the car. The negotiation process was reasonable and pleasant. Haggle free! He made an effort to give us exactly what we wanted. They were also reasonable with the trade in process of our totaled vihicle. Highly recommend this dealership.

fphkao
10/20/2014

"Great Services, OK Prices, Tons of Convenience"

Needed a full workover of my Nissan before a multi-day driving trip plus needed 60,000 mile maintenance work. Service manager Myriam Mccready gave outstanding service - succinctly noting the problems I listed, advising me on costs, and doing it all in a friendly and accommodating manner. Within an hour or so, I received a call letting me know the recommended maintenance items that were found and to get my approval prior to work. There was no attempt to sell me things I did not need. Autobarn gave honest assessments of when replacement items would probably be needed (not on this visit). The dealership offers rides to/from home in a courtesy car. Overall, the experience was very good - this is the second time I have had maintenance work done at Autobarn and have found no reason for me to go elsewhere.

dardele1
10/08/2014

"Review: Car Purchase "

Thanks to James Berce and Autobarn Evanston I found a car that I love. They were fair with my trade-in and provided great service. Overall, James was very professional and client-center I would recommend my friends to this dealer.

cmdonaldson
9/26/2014

"Purchase & Maintainance"

My whole experience at Autobarn has been smooth and flawless. I purchased a used Honda last January. The car initially was having a hard time starting so I asked my dealer, Hector Santiago (he is amazing!!!) if they would replace the battery. No problem, he took care of it. I was out the door with the car within a few hours. They definitely try to add on items, I did buy an add on for the paint protection as well as car maintenance on the engine, but they do get overwhelming when the dealer is offering and then the finance guy has more to offer when you get upstairs. Overall my experience purchasing the car was nothing but positive. They work hard to get you financed at a good rate and a car at the right price. I felt Hector was my personal shopper, looking out for my best, not pushy or trying to oversell. I'm doing two reviews in one, this part is for service. This winter was rough and I threw my alignment off with a few potholes. I decided it was time to have it fixed this past week. I took the car in to be washed (part of the perks-free car washes for life) and asked if they worked on Honda's. Chris Matys was able to get my car in that day. He's usually the one I see when dropping off my car to be washed and is always friendly! I was expecting to have to make an appointment, rather I picked my car up in a couple of hours and was ready to finish my day. Super fast and the job was well done. I definitely recommend this dealership, prices were more than reasonable and customer service is outstanding!

keavney
8/27/2014

"Deceptive and Fraudulent Pricing Policies"

Autobarn Evanston includes federal and state tax incentive in their advertised prices, which is at best very deceptive, and probably should be illegal. For example, Nissan Leafs at Autobarn are currently advertized on cars.com for about 17,700, which would be a very good price. What is not indicated in their advertising as that this is what you will pay after you qualify for and get on your own the 11,500 in federal and state tax rebates. When you show up at the dealership, you will have to pay 29,200 for the car advertized at 17,700. You will also have to pay sales tax and licensing fees on the higher amount. They also send out advertizing claiming an "incentive" of 11,500 is available on the Leaf, which is listed along with other actual incentives for other cars. This shows that they are trying to imply that the federal and state tax rebates are a dealership incentive, when they are not. Autobarn is also a spammer. After having asked them this question via email, they signed me up for their email list, and I now get inundated with advertizing from them, none of which has any unsubscribe links. Repeated emails to their contact email have been returned as "undeliverable".

Richard Kirkpatrick, Martin Desz

ChicagoRogue
8/07/2014

"Car Purchase Review"

I went to a few dealers looking for the car I wanted and they all offered to look for it around the midwest, but none of them could find it. Jon/John Quatch at Autobarn was the only guy who had enough sense to say "hey, if that is the car you want we can order it for you." He also said "if it comes in and you don't like it, I'll sell it to somebody else and we'll get you the care you want." That went a long way. There were no games with price, additional features, or any other surprises. There was not a lot of pressure to take a similar vehicle (different color, etc.) in its place either. Financing dept. went smooth, and there were no surprises there either nor was there high pressure for the extended warrenty and all that stuff. There was a bit of a wait at first when I came in to pick up my car - it had to do with bringing it from the other lot and detailing it and stuff, and that should not have happened as I had I scheduled time to come in and pick it up, but stuff happens sometimes. I was treated well and John spent a good deal of time w/ me explaining all the features of my new car. I would recommend this dealer AND this salesperson.

Good call
7/14/2014

"BIG pothole blowout! "

Autobarn just made life easy! I blew out a tire in a pothole on July 2nd about 5:00 pm. I called The Autobarn and asked if I could get my car in sometime on July 3rd, rather than drive around on a temp for the long holiday weekend. They gave me a 7:30 a.m. Appointment. The tire cost $225 but because I service my car here, it had a curbside guarantee, they covered $150 of my cost! The service was friendly and efficient! I was of my way by 9:30 with a new tire. Juan Castellanos did a real pro job thoroughly looking over the damage and recommending a new alignment because my steering wheel was knocked out of line when I hit the pothole! Thanks Autobarn for making my first blowout so stress free! Your efforts are appreciated!

nash1966
7/09/2014

"Rogue"

The seller was so professional in business with me. I will make more business in the future with the same dealership and i will recommend my friends to this dealer.

Gianna Diana