The Autobarn Volkswagen of Mt. Prospect

333 West Rand Road,
Mount Prospect, Illinois 60056
The Autobarn Volkswagen of Mt. Prospect Info
About The Autobarn Volkswagen of Mt. Prospect

The Autobarn Volkswagen of Mount Prospect is Illinois Volkswagen Dealer of the year two years in a row to Dealer Rater. We opened our doors in 1998 and have over 700 New and Pre- Owned Vehicles in stock. Please visit our Volkswagen Marketplace and meet one of our friendly staff members for assitance in Sales, Service & Parts. Our team of long term and knowledgeable employess will help make your experiance here at The Autobarn Volkswagen of Mount Prospect an A+ experiance.

About The Autobarn Volkswagen of Mt. Prospect Learn More

rbhagwakar
4/24/2015

"Great Experience"

Working with Chris, Vic, and Raffi was exactly how it's supposed to be at a dealership. We came in around closing to look at a MK7 GTI and Chris helped us right from the beginning. We told him what we were looking for, he found us a car, we took it out for a test drive, came back, and started talking prices. We didnt buy the car that very night, but we came in a couple days later with a different GTI in mind. He thought it was for the better and found us another perfect match. The entire experience was great. All three were very friendly and patient. I honestly would've lost my patience if i was dealing with my dad. It's been a couple weeks since we bought the car and Chris is still very helpful sending me emails and checking up on things. Could not have asked for a better staff to work with.

shimla1999
4/21/2015

"Kalina is the best luck of the draw"

It was just our luck that she was there that day we visited this dealership. She took care of everything. Addressed all our requests. Make sure to look for her when you're buying a VW. She will treat you like a good friend, not just a customer.

jcatania
4/15/2015

"Had Major issues"

They sold me a 2005 ML350 which had the check engine light on and the Manager Joe Parks, told me that their mechanic said it was due to a CO2 sensor that is faulty and there was nothing wrong with the car and the reason the check engine light was on was because of the Sensor, but there was nothing wrong with the sensor. If I wanted I could get it replaced for under $200. When I got home I started to notice a mildew smell and the carpets were stained. With the first rain, my wife went out to the car to find the driver side front floor board was soaked. There was a leak somewhere. Took car to my Mechanic and they told me that they never saw a car in that bad shape. They said it was an accident waiting to happen. So here is the list 1) Tire leak is coming from a leaking plug in the shoulder of the tire (will need new tire) 2) Water leak from the left front (will need to remove covers and possible dash to identify 3) Oxygen sensor has failed and connector is corroded due to water from interior leak (will need to pull carpet and inspect harness) 4) Both rear suspension springs are broken (purchase with strut assembly) 5) Both outer tie rods loose 5/5* 6) Right front ball joint is loose 3/5* 7) Evaporative emission line has rubbed through (need to remove spare tire carrier and rear seats to access) 8) Right rear sway bar link is missing 9) Transmission cooling lines are leaking *is a scale of 1-5 where 5 is the worst They told me it was not safe to be driving and would cost over $5000 dollars to get it all repaired. The Manager Joe Parks got in touch with me and will be towing my car to their shop so they can look at it and take care of this. They are giving my wife a loaner car to use. So for now, it seems they are doing what they can to fix this and make it right. If they make things right then I will keep this review and add to it stating they took care of it. If they do not, I will change and add a new review stating that.

A3Prestige
4/14/2015

"Chris Krause makes you want to jump into an Audi A3"

Awesome guy, keeps it real and treats his clients with respect. Very helpful and knowledgeable, this guy knows his stuff. It took us a few days to make a decision and we did not feel pressured at any point. Chris was able to find the perfect Audi A3 for me at the price we were very comfortable with. He is very approavhable and responsive, even after the purchase was completed.

BJarocki
3/31/2015

"Gave me every option possible!"

Working with Josh and Vic was fantastic. They were able to put me into the car that I wanted for the money that I needed to be paying. The best part of the process was the upfront nature of the transaction; everything was very transparent and I highly appreciated that. I absolutely love my new 2015 VW GTI Autobahn!

coach flores
3/31/2015

"change my ride "

I was very apprehensive on switching from mercedes benz after owning one for many years.but I have to say that the styling, handling and performance of my new jetta tdi wagon is definitely put a smile on my face not to mention the fantastic gas mileage.thanks chris Krause for working late to get me were i wanted to be.

princess87087
3/21/2015

"Amazing First Time Car Buying Experience!"

After a few bad experiences shopping around for my first new car (2015 Jetta S w/technology) I came across Autobarn. I first spoke with Mark Laut several times over the phone and through email before I made the trip out to purchase my car because I live an hour away. I wanted to make sure there wound't be any hidden fees that I wasn't informed about. When I finally arrived, Kalina Stoyanov met me outside because she noticed me driving around. I went straight in her office and the most pleasant experience started there. It was so nice to have a woman sales associate, she even said she forfeited her lunch because she wanted to help me after hearing about my previous experiences at other dealerships. I've never encountered a more professional, personable, and down to earth sales employee. She was great! I felt so comfortable with her assisting me! Also, the whole dealership is wonderful as well. When the car arrived that I requested she helped me with every feature and I was sold! After my mind was made up, Adam Hernandez helped me with the rest of my car buying experience. He made sure everything went smoothly and I was out the door and in my brand new white Jetta!!!!!

Susan
3/14/2015

"Great experience start to finish!"

After being a "minivan mom" for the past 18 years I was in the market for something smaller and more fuel efficient, but that still had room for my daughter's sports gear. After researching a number of vehicles from different manufacturers, I became very interested in the 2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI. An internet request for information from the Autobarn was responded to promptly by Mark Laut, and followed up with a phone call the next day during which he was professional and courteous. I visited 3 VW dealerships to see and test drive the Jetta Sportwagen's they had in stock. Chris Krause, the salesman I met at the Autobarn, was definitely the deciding factor in where we purchased our new car. Chris greeted me warmly, explained the features of the car clearly and completely, and answered my questions. Of the 3 salesmen I met at VW dealerships, Chris was the most professional and knew his product the best. I couldn't be more more pleased with my new Jetta, or the experience at the Autobarn.

Josh
3/09/2015

"Excellent car and buying experience! "

After having done a little bit of research and having VW's in the past, I knew I wanted to get another one. I went looking for the Jetta and/or Tiguan. Chris was my salesman and he was very helpful navigating which car model would best suit my driving needs. I test drove a couple of cars and ended up going with a Jetta TDI. And couldn't be happier! They had the best price around for a pre-certified car. I tried to find another dealership with a better price and warranty package but I could not. Chris answered all my questions and concerns and was very easy to deal with and relatable. The other staff were also very polite, kind, respectful and helpful as well…again the buying experience was great and I'll definitely be back for service and when it's time to trade this car in the future. Thank you Chris and AutoBarn!

Christina
3/09/2015

"Not your typical car salesman...."

Working with Chris was a great experience! I dreaded having to buy a new car - researching, test driving, negotiating, etc. When I arrived at the Auto Barn, Chris greeted me in a very friendly manner and took time to find out what type of car I needed. Even though the exact car I came in to see, was sold 10 minutes prior to me putting in an offer, he uncovered my top 3 must haves and delivered! I was able to get a very similar car with everything I needed. Due to my unfortunate experience of not being at the dealership first, he took that into account and put together a great offer and I took it (fast before anyone could buy this car before me)! I even get free car washes here - major bonus! Overall, I am extremely pleased with my new car, Chris's service, and I would highly recommend him and the Auto Barn to anyone looking for a new car! I feel relieved having found such a great place to give my business and am looking forward to all they have to offer!

Reviews of Christopher Krause