Read Reviews Thompson BMW

3.8

3.5

3.3

based on 7 reviews

Overall
3.7

3.7 out of 5

27 lifetime reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Thompson BMW

This dealership is not an active DealerRater® Certified Dealer.

Find a Certified Dealer near me

Write a review of Thompson BMW

Our Location

Listing amenities is available exclusively to our Certified Dealer members.

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"This is the third time that they tried to sell me a..."

Todd78
8/31/2013 7:49:01 AM

I Recommend This Service Center: No
Andi G

My Review Of Thompson BMW:

This is the third time that they tried to sell me a rotate and balance with an alignment. I recently had this done at an independant shop for much cheaper. So I wondered why they would recommend this? I found out that Thompson offers bonuses to the employees who can sell the most alignments!!! SOUNDS LIKE THOMPSON REWARDS THEIR EMPOLYEES FOR THEIR DISHONESTY! !!! I guess they have to pay for that fancy building somehow. HORRIBLE MANAGERS!!

Twitter
"Found the dealership to be dishonest, and well over..."

vincentvega
6/11/2013 4:21:46 AM

Andi

2.0

My Review Of Thompson BMW:

Found the dealership to be dishonest, and well over priced. Sloppy work, poor communication, and horrible management. I strongly recommend using another dealership!!!!!! Thompson will rip you off.

Twitter
"I had a very good experience dealing with Hal At Thompson..."

Juliaaaa
1/12/2013 10:15:29 AM

Hal London

My Review Of Thompson BMW:

I had a very good experience dealing with Hal At Thompson BMW this past week. Excellent everything all around!! Sales staff listened to my needs and bent over backwards to assist me. This company has great reputation and exemplerary staff. Thanks so much!

Twitter
"I am a very fussy ,eccentric individual and traded in my..."

ajy
12/27/2012 2:13:46 PM

HAL LONDON

I am a very fussy ,eccentric individual and traded in my audi s-8
for a 5 series bmw. The patience and first class service with
out a question at this dealership was un- believable.
Don't make a mistake and go somewere else go to this dealership.
Know the kind of car you want and go to this dealer and buy it
you won't be dissapointed.

Twitter
"Copied from my FB note. I just want to say THANKS to..."

whottenstein
11/6/2012 6:01:39 AM

Multiple Employees
everyone I dealt with

Copied from my FB note.

I just want to say THANKS to everyone in your Service Dept, today.

I recently purchased a BMW from a friend who had bought it new from your dealership. I had a light come on and did not know what it was.

You said I could come right in, you checked my car and fixed a minor issue, covered under the original warranty.

I was all ready VERY HAPPY with that information, but when I walked up to my car it was washed, but when I got in, vacuumed and the windows cleaned, too!!!

Thank you for your wonderful service. I love my new BMW and can honestly say, love the service that comes with it.

Twitter
"ONCE AGAIN (THE SECOND TIME IN TWO YEARS) I RETURNED TO..."

VASSALLO328xi
10/4/2012 2:48:49 PM

SHAHEED SANDERS

My Review Of Thompson BMW:

ONCE AGAIN (THE SECOND TIME IN TWO YEARS) I RETURNED TO THOMPSON BMW TO PURCHASE AN INTERNET FIND CPO 328 X-DRIVE COUPE --- IN SPITE OF THE FACT THAT I LIVE 10 MINUTES FROM A LOCAL BMW DEALERSHIP. AND ONCE AGAIN, THE DRIVE PROVED TO BE WORTH MY WHILE. MY BUYING EXPERIENCE WAS --- FOR THE MOST PART --- STRESS FREE. SHAHEED SANDERS (SALESMAN) PROVED TO BE AS LOYAL TO ME AS I WAS TO THOMPSON. WE NEGOTIATED A DEAL WITHOUT MUCH HAGGLE --- SENSITIVE TO EACH OTHER'S POINT OF VIEW WITH REGARD TO PURCHASE PRICE AND TRADE IN VALUE OF OUR RESPECTIVE VEHICLES.

HOWEVER, WHAT MOST IMPRESSED ME WAS WHAT HAPPENED A WEEK AFTER THE "BUY". WHILE WASHING AND WAXING MY "NEW"CAR I NOTICED SOME HAIL DAMAGE "DINGS" ON THE ROOF TOP --- SUBTLE INDENTATIONS THAT PROBABLY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN NOTICED OR OF MUCH CONCERN TO MOST PEOPLE OTHER THAN MYSELF. I IMMEDIATELY TEXTED SHAHEED (WITH MY CONCERN) WHO GOT BACK TO ME (ON HIS DAY OFF) IN A TIMELY MANNER. WITHOUT RESERVATION HE STATED THAT "THOMPSON STANDS BEHIND THEIR AUTOMOBILES" AND WILL CORRECT THE SITUATION. CONSEQUENTLY, HE HAD SOMEONE FROM THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT CALL ME THE FIRST THING THE FOLLOWING MORNING TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO REMOVE THE "DINGS" AND REPAIR THE DAMAGE. WOW WAS I IMPRESSED AND CONTINUE TO BE TO THIS DAY! AS PROMISED THE SITUATION WAS ADDRESSED. THE "DINGS" WERE REMOVED WITHOUT HASSLE OR COST TO ME. I WILL ALWAYS DRIVE A BMW AND THOMPSON WILL ALWAYS BE MY FIRST STOP!

Twitter
"This company has the absolute worst prices anywhere. I..."

ronrapllc
8/31/2012 12:48:08 PM

Adam
sales manager BMW

1.7

My Review Of Thompson BMW:

This company has the absolute worst prices anywhere. I know because I bought two cars previously from them and over paid each time. I tried again but a thousand off on a 40,000 BMW or Audi doesn't cut it. They played the salesman, sales manager routine to the hilt at both locations to the hilt and tried to wear me down. The Audi location wasn't as bad but their prices were more then anyone else. I ended up receiving $3500 off on a BMW the next day from a different local dealer. My advice go somewhere, anywhere else and you will get a better price.

Twitter
"Water Pump in my 2007 328 fails on a major roadway on..."

Ken D
4/24/2012 9:56:12 AM

Jerry in Emergency Road Service; Dave Z in Service

My Review Of Thompson BMW:

Water Pump in my 2007 328 fails on a major roadway on April 22, 2012, a rainy Sunday night. Called Thompson Roadside Assistance. They sent a tow truck and a great person, Jerry, to come and get me (and in a very timely manner). Jerry takes me back to the dealership (on a Sunday night, mind you!) and gets me into a loaner car. Dave in Service gets my car in and repaired the next day.

This dealership is the best because they employe people like Jerry & Dave. Who woudl go the extra mile to give service such as this??? BMW owners.....to get your car serviced anywhere else but Thompson is one big mistake. They are great!

Twitter
"Living in the area it was important for me to try and by..."

booster1
1/19/2012 4:13:48 PM

adam

1.2

My Review Of Thompson BMW:

Living in the area it was important for me to try and by local. Both for the convenience and the service aspect. I had done some research ahead of time and knew the programs that BMW was promoting as well as the value of my trade(I had had the car appraised several times recently). The salesperson was informative and professional, although I was never offered a test drive. My issue was not with him. After several volleys I felt that I was not being treated as a valued consumer. They were extremely low on my trade value and thousands of dollars high on the selling price of the car I was interested in (2012 528xi). That's when I was introduced to the sales manager Dennis Kelly. He was both rude and condescending. His arrogance and demeanor was an immediate red flag that I did not want to business with this organization. He actually told me that I would never be able to find a better deal then what he was presenting. Well, after several minutes of his blowhard attitude I nicely denied his request to purchase a car from him and left. I immediately went to another dealer in my area and purchased the car I wanted and at a price that met my budget and research. I will never purchase a car from them as long as Mr. Kelly is there.

Twitter
"Never in my life have I experienced such unprofessional..."

harbinger
1/2/2012 2:10:31 PM

Jayne Carbonetta

1.6

My Review Of Thompson BMW:

Never in my life have I experienced such unprofessional behavior at a car dealership let alone a luxury dealership than at Thompson BMW of Pennsylvania http://www.thompsonbmw.com/dealership/staff.htm.

I have been working with a sales associate of the name, Jayne Carbonetta. Jayne has been nothing, but short and rude with me during my whole experience. She only responds at her convenience and never answers her phone when I call.

I was suppose to close a deal with her on a 27mo lease 328i which expires 1/3/12. The selling price was already agreed. I kept asking to see her lease worksheet because her #'s were inflated, but she never sent it. She was padding the numbers. For example, she stated the acquisition fee as $895, meanwhile it's clearly stated as $725 through bmwfs. I honestly don't think she really understood all of the lease numbers. She was always very defensive and emotional when I asked questions about the lease numbers. She wrote in bold letters to me, that she's too busy with other clients to deal with me.

I have backed out of the deal. I have my dignity an will not let someone speak to me in such a condescending manner, as if they are doing me a favor by selling me a car.

I have tried to contact Doug Hagmayer and Dennis kelly who is the general manager to no avail. They do not pick up their phone and do not return messages. They do not even list their contact email on their website.

I am left with no other option, but to file a formal complaint with corporate. In the end, Jayne has wasted my time and has given me nothing but grief. And I am short one less car.

Reviews 11-20 >>