Thorobred Chevrolet

2121 N Arizona Ave,
Chandler, Arizona 85225
Thorobred Chevrolet Info
About Thorobred Chevrolet

Thorobred Chevrolet is your preferred Chevrolet dealer in the valley since 1978. Our facility in Chandler is the largest in the state, which means we have a great inventory of vehicles and an extensive area for parts, service and body shops. A lot has changed since we started but one belief holds true. Taking care of our customers. We earned our A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau by exceeding the expectations of our customers to provide a hassle free and enjoyable automotive experience. Whether you are purchasing a vehicle or utilize our service, parts or body departments we are all equally engaged in gaining your Complete Satisfaction. Like us at facebook.com/ThorobredChevy and check our website for weekly specials

About Thorobred Chevrolet

Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

• Largest Chevrolet Dealership in Arizona
  • No Additional Dealer Addendum Mark-Ups
  • Free Popcorn
Kim
7/16/2015

"Out Of Town Buyers Beware!! "

I am out of state and called on a vehicle I was prepared to purchase long distance for a 2nd home in AZ. I completed an application and was told my information would be forwarded to a manager. A manager, Dean Regazzi, called me three days later (after I made multiple email & phone call follow ups) at 7:15pm & sent me a form authorizing a non-refundable deposit. I did not have access to a fax machine until the next morning at which time I was notified the vehicle had sold the night prior. THREE DAYS AFTER I HAD CALLED ON IT AND WAS READY TO PURCHASE.

Enrique & Dean Regazzi

JohnD
7/14/2015

"Way to Ruin My Son's First Car Experience"

I wished I read the reviews here first. Let me state that I've had all my GM cars serviced here over the years and although this is my first experience with trying to buy a car at Thorobred, I've bought many cars over the years at many different dealerships. But, this is my first time leaving a review - so you know it was exceptionally bad. Also, I first registered a complaint at Thorobred and talked with another manager before deciding to leave this review. My son and I were out looking for his first car. This should be a memorable time, but, it ended up being memorable for all the wrong reasons. My son had found a car in their "bargain corral" that he liked and the advertised price was just Ok, but, good enough to start the process. After the test drive we started the process of their traditional back/forth with the manager (Bobby) with lengthy time intervals in between. Then the manager (Bobby) comes out and starts in that the advertised price is the best they can do. So I asked for 2 small interior plastic pieces be fixed and since it only had 1 Key, to provide a 2nd key. Bobby refused. They also added a $200 "window etching fee"? What? Like I'm afraid that the Bargain Corral car would get stolen? ;-) So first of all, the advertised price isn't the price, they do the various dealer add ons and refuse to remove them. So for the 2nd key, he said that he'd give me employee pricing and that it would only cost like 25 bucks! REALLY? Now you won't even throw in a 25 buck 2nd key? So they wouldn't do anything for a long standing service customer or trying to make my son's first car experience exciting. In fact they ruined it. So they traded a short term gain on long term losses because they lost me as well as my son's future business. Very short sighted. All that to say, read the negative reviews - those are real. Also, after my complaint, they did nothing and blamed me for the back and forth stuff with the manager. Like I should just accept the car as is and accept their dealer add ons and accept their sticker price. In all my car buying experiences, I've never been treated this poorly before. I'm sure Thorobred scratches their heads wondering why Costco, True car and the like are taking off. Gee, I wonder why? Thanks Bobby/Thorobred for keeping the Used Car Manager stereotype alive, for blaming the customer for everything, and for ruining my son's first car experience.

Bobby (Used Car Sales Manager)

Jimbo88
6/21/2015

"Bad dealership for used cars "

I was looking at a used truck @ this dealership. The used salesman low ball my vehicle appraisal. He wouldn't lower the price or even try to sale the truck. The salesmen and manager never returned my calls. They were like that the price for the truck. Unprofessional service for a truck that has been on there sales lot over 65 days. Avoid this dealership.

Joshua

Guy
6/04/2015

"Damaged my Corvette refused to fix the damage"

The middle of March I brought my 1998 corvette in to Thorobred to get an oil and transmission leak fixed. The quote was for around $1600. Once they got into the repair, George (my service rep) called to tell me that the radiator bracket was bent and the repair was going to go up to $2200. I wasn't happy with the price creep, but what are you going to do once they're that far in? I authorized the repair. I got the car home and drove it lightly for a few weeks, maybe 150 miles or so. I noticed that there was transmission fluid on the garage! I took it back and George informed me that it was just left over fluid, they cleaned out the radiator again and it's not a problem. Great, I get the car home and go to replace the turn signal bulb that they've told me was burned out and I found the bottom portion of the inner fender liner had been torn apart. I KNOW the fender liner wasn't damaged before Thorobred started working on the car, because I had just fixed a minor coolant leak in that area. I took the car back again because they wanted to see the damage and was informed that any repair their body shop could make wouldn't be strong enough and I should just leave the damage alone and live with it.

George Eifel

bryvha
6/03/2015

"Great friendly service"

Purchased 2006 used car for my parent. Great experience was treated as if purchasing a luxury new car. Needed warranty service after two weeks. Again great service, Patti service consultant, was great dealing with my rude elderly parents. Highly recommend this dealership!!!

Patti in service and James in used cars

disguiser1014
5/13/2015

"Good and bad points in used sales"

Last two vehicles, my wife & I purchased here. It was ALL due to advertised price listing. July 2013 we purchased a 2012 Malibu w/no trade-in. There was no discounts in sticker price nor with other charges. Tax was about $100 cheaper in Chandler. I drove 40 miles to get there from home. It had only 13K miles so was worth the trip. 2nd car purchased Jan 2015 we purchased a 2014 Cruze w/2 trade-ins. Again, the sticker price was already about $2K cheaper than surrounding valley locations for similar car, so no discount was given again, plus I got a poor trade-in allowance of only $500 per vehicle. Granted they were both over 10yrs old, but the bottom line out the door would still likely be as cheap as I would get it elsewhere. I'll just try not to spend $500 on tires plus other maintenance costs so soon to trading in a vehicle next time. Pros: Courteous people including finance officer. No plus sales crammed into the deal. Initial sticker pricing and taxation location Cons: 1) Though new sales said they would allow full payment of a vehicle on a charge card, used sales would only take a max of $3K and made me go to the bank to get a cashiers check for the balance. 2) Then I waited 3 days to get back to the dealership while they were servicing/prepping the vehicle. 3) The 2nd car was financed and they took the first positive response with likely the highest interest rate and gave that to me. Had I waited another hour or so, other banks may have responded competitively. 4) As previous rater "CeeZee" mentioned, I too have been receiving as much unsolicited phone calls as when political parties were calling all the time, if not more so. About 3 to 5 times a week and I usually go 2 months before I get a spam phone call. I simply do not use this number for contests etc that may account for such calls. This is now going into the 4th month of otherwise unexplained increased in spam calls. I have no proof of this part though.

Jim B

CeeZee
3/02/2015

"Shocked at their lack of integrity.."

Let me start by saying that I bought a vehicle from these people 6 months prior to my latest experience. First car with them; pretty fair price, a really long & drawn out sales process. Their used sales department is kind of like a caddy shack off to the side of the main dealership, where hack salesman go to die. I was 4 days in & very close to finalizing a deal on a good used vehicle, or so I thought.. I check back with the sales guy that I was working with, Joseph Coassolo, & he notifies me that they sold the car out from under me to somebody else, VIA TEXT message, no apology or anything. I have a feeling that the credit manager Cavin Thomas & Joseph were in cahoots in putting the kibosh on my car deal. Long story short, I wasted a about week & lost a good amount of my livelihood in dealing with these underhanded shysters. My feeling is that if they will treat a repeat client in this manner, their threshold of sales treachery is boundless. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS DEALERSHIP!!!! You have been warned. Also as a side note-when I bought my first car here; the finance manager called me a few days later at about 10:30pm from his personal cell phone to try to get me to finance the vehicle with another bank, other than the one the dealership had me with. I imagine that he was trying to get a kickback from someone on that shady deal. PSS-I suspect that someone within this dealership will sell your information, because my email spam has increased by about 700% after any contact with Throbred Chevrolet. Spam phone calls too.

Joseph Coassolo & Cavin Thomas

SabrinaL.
2/09/2015

"we're looking here first from now on!"

If i could give 10 stars i would! Everyone at Thorobred Chevrolet was fantastic! We worked with Jordan and David who were amazing, and then when we had issues the next day with a previously visited dealership, they pulled out all the stops to help us get into the car we wanted! The first day we thought, "Jordan and David are awesome!" By the end of day 2, Jordan, David, Lisa and everyone else had won us over! This was the best dealership we have ever dealt with, and they have definitely earned our loyalty and business!

Jordan, David, Nick, Lisa

befoster3
12/05/2014

"do you know what you are doing?"

Rick Hamilton is the worst! Told him what was wrong and it got fixed so I thought. He said everything was ok and i said i wanted to take it for a test drive to see. What i got from Rick was "What you don't trust me?" i said i just want to make sure. He threw a fit and stormed inside and said he was done playing games, so we paid the bill and went down the road. We got 15 minutes down the road and started having the same problems we brought the car in for. We turned around and went back and on the way there my car started to sputter and jerk. After looking the car over again, several problems were found after Rick claimed everything was fixed. I will never go back to this dealer ever again. Rick, you suck!!!

Rick Hamilton

ventures1
11/18/2014

"Refreshing negotiation experience"

After a brief conversation confirming the one-owner, certified Camaro was still available, my wife and I drove the 45 miles to Thoroughbred Chevrolet. Because of the information I had collected in a 6-week search, that included reviews found on Dealer Rater, Edmonds, Car Fax, and other reputable sites, we had no hesitation to make the 55-minute drive to Thoroughbred. We found the folks at the dealership to be exactly as reviews had said they would be; we found the negotiating was transparent and pleasant. If we decide to purchase a new Chevrolet someday we will begin our search with Thoroughbred, because any drive is well worth avoiding the BS we have experienced at other dealers in the valley over the past 19 years.

David Nelson and Blane Evans