Thorobred Chevrolet

Sands Chevrolet - Glendale

Courtesy Chevrolet

Azjeepster518
5/02/2016

"Don't bother buying a Chevy or servicing it here"

Purchased a brand new 2015 Silverado. On the way home the truck had a horrible shimmy. When I pulled in my driveway the radio went completely dead. Called the dealership to bring it in and have it checked. Scheduled an appt for Saturday. When I got here was turned away and told I needed to bring it in on Monday. Brought it in. They balanced my tires and still had the same problem. They did nothing about the radio issue. I have had 3 different sets of wheels on the truck. All of which were balanced perfectly as they had not a single wobble on my suburban. Now with 4K miles on the truck the tire monitoring system is not working properly. Here's the kicker. The dealership won't fix the issue because I have aftermarket wheels on the truck with the original pressure sensors. Also will not figure out the shimmy saying I need to pay for new sensors and to figure out the shimmy that it has had since day 1. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME BUYING A CHEVY UNLESS YOU WANT TO PAY FOR ALL THE WORK THAT SHOULD BE UNDER WARRANTY. I'm taking a brand new truck with 4K miles on it and taking the loss and going back to Toyota. At least they honor their warranty. Factory wheels or not

Service tech

May 17, 2016

AZJeepster518 aka Steve F I looked into the concerns you expressed in your review and our Service Manager indicated he had worked with you and told you that because you had replaced the original tires and wheels with aftermarket tires and wheels from a 2003 Suburban the shimmy would not be covered under the factory warranty because you modified the original equipment. Our Service Manager offered to put the original factory wheels and tires back on your truck but he said you declined that offer because you no longer had the original tires and wheels. Our Service Manager said we had corrected the concern with the radio under the warranty and I am sorry you experienced that initial failure. The Silverado is an excellent truck covered by an excellent warranty and we appreciate you business and will assist you with any service you need in the future. Sincerely John Simonson General Manager Thorobred Chevrolet Business 480-899-0131

Jim23
4/26/2016

"I got a very good and honest deal when I bought my 2016 Chev"

I am very happy with my new Colorado Z71, I have always liked there service dept. and the sales gave me a very good price and they don't have any of those add on < BS > stickers prices. I had no surprises when I closed out. I had no hassles. Try them and find out for your self.

Roger Mculloch

May 13, 2016

Thank you, Jim, for your positive feedback. We're happy to hear that you're satisfied with your Colorado. Our goal is to offer the best deals with a professional and caring staff. If there's anything else that you need, don't hesitate to call. See you on the road!

pik0925
4/12/2016

"Beware of bait and switch..."

A few months ago I found Volt at a great price. I called to confirm and was invited to come in. I live over 60 miles away. Well, when I arrived a few hours later the car was "sold" 30min. ago apparently. I see here, that I'm not the only one this happen, so beware of bait and switch.

Used car sales

Nick21
3/29/2016

"Waste of time "

Emailed them about a volt they had on their website. I was told it was available and when could I come see it. I took time off work to head over there driving 30 minutes. Once there I was told the salesperson I was supposed to talk to was busy and was passed off to Enrique. First question from him was I interested in any of the other Volts they had. I told him no that I had come to see one specific car that had the features I wanted. After waiting 5 minutes while "he got the keys" he came back with no keys and said the car was in the back and had not been inspected yet. I asked why I was told to come see the car if it was not ready to sell and asked to see it anyway, since I had driven all the way there . We went back and he again said he would "get the keys" but came back again with no keys and told they were not available so I could not start the car. After going over what the asking price was and being told it "may" go up 800 dollars if they certified the car, all my information was taken and I was told that they would call me as soon as the car was ready to test drive. No call for 3 days and the car disappears from their website. I call Enrique and he says he is not at work but the car was definitely still there and had not been sold and that he would call me back as soon as he got to work. Of course I received no call and when I call the dealership later that day and ask about the car, I am told it was sold but they have several others I could come look at...all at 2500-3000 more than the car I originally wasted my time going to see.

Enrique

ADR
2/19/2016

"Greedy Service"

Ridiculous because I already told them the code that was wrong with my car and they charged me about $80 to be told the samething!

Rebecca

March 29, 2016

ADR, Thanks for your feedback, were sorry your initial visit was negative. Once we were able to confirm the extended warranty you were only charged for the $100 deductible that included the diagnostic fee. We hope the issue you described is behind us and that we can earn your business in the future. If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to our Service Manager Blain Richey at (480) 814-1214. Blain would happy to answers and questions you have. Thank you in advance and we are looking forward to hearing from you.

Upset buyer
2/01/2016

"Bad service from sales and service dept."

Went in and purchased a vehicle. Wanted to keep my existing tires and wheels. Was told that it would be no problem. We would have to pay to have it done but it would be "next to nothing and would only take a few minutes". The service dept was closed so took it back the next morning. Not only did it take 4 hours, yes 4 hours but they charged me $200 to do it. Tried to talk to the salesman and Mgr from the night before but they wouldn't come out of the offices and avoided me the entire time. Got truck home and the tire alert is on and have to take it back because they did something wrong or broke sensor. I would not recommend this location.

Carl and Brad

Considerate777
12/19/2015

"Bad Service and Customer Service "

I got my car serviced 2 days ago, oil change and tires rotated and when they returned it, the oil service light was going on and off. I let one of the service consultants know before driving off the lot. They told me to bring back up their if it continues. I went back the day after to see what the problem is. They took it to the back for 45 minutes while several people after me came and gone. They came back and said it was the oil sensor switch. You can just determine that just by what the oil light was doing. They told me I need to replace it and it was going to cost me $35, I refused to pay because it was in the mechanics hands when they changed the oil. My light was not doing that prior to bringing it in for an oil change. When they brought my vehicle back, other things was malfunctioning. My Driver side window was not going down on the one touch, I have to hold it down for it to go down. Also, all my radio stations were all reset. When they told me that they were going to bring my car around because i refused to pay, it took them a half hour to bring to me. They didn't have to put anything back together, so what was they doing. They have lack integrity!!!! I will not recommend this dealership to anyone. And I will say it again, they lack of integrity!!!! Steve Markey(manager) was not very helpful nor did he treat the customer(me) fair. What's $35 to them? Plus my car functioning good, prior to getting an oil change with THEM.

Renee, Steve Markey and others, they know who they are.

Marys Malibu
10/24/2015

"In and out without the NONSENSE"

Purchased a new 2016 Malibu from Thorobred today. Experience started on Monday with an appraisal and test drive. Received follow up call to thank me for coming in, than set an appointment to come back on Friday to test drive a few more vehicles. Wasn't pressured or pushed into a purchase. Danny listed to what I wanted in a vehicle and had two vehicles ready to test drive when I arrived today. First one was nice, but not me.. Second one was THE PERFECT one, color was right, interior and exterior, I couldn't drive fast enough to get back to the dealership and sign the papers. Car was sparkling and ready to go in record breaking time for me.. Couldn't ask for a better group of people to buy a vehicle from, knowledgeable on the vehicle and more importantly, wanted me in the vehicle that I WANTED, not the vehicle they wanted.. go to THOROBRED..

Danny, Sam, and Weston

Disappointed123
9/23/2015

"Horrible Customer Service "

My entire experience was horrible, the only reason I purchased the car I did was because it was the car I was looking for and not many for sale in the valley. I have purchased several cars and have never been passed off to different salesmen so many times before. I was told they were short staffed yet by the time I walked out with the car I had dealt with 5 different salesmen. It took over 2 weeks to get answers before I was able to say OK and get the car. I took the car home and several weeks later I noticed the DVD player did not work. Partially my fault for not trying it at the lot, but who carriers DVDs with them? When I called to speak to a manager I was given the run around before the final salesman left me a message. When I called him back I was told to call the dealership because it was his day off. When I called the dealership the manager said he had left me a message, which was not true. He said they don't check those things but he could give me employee pricing to buy a new DVD player. So ultimately this was something I was going to have to pay for. He said I could bring the car in and they would look at it, why would I bring it back and sit there for hours again to tell me I would have to pay for a new one. I know it doesn't work. I had an audio store look at it. It's been a huge inconvience and they don't seem to care, as they already got their money. I was extreme disappointed in the customer service I received from several sales people, the receptionist and managers. I will never purchase a car from them again, even if it is the exact car I am looking for.

John, Tim, Brett.... And more

Kim
7/16/2015

"Out Of Town Buyers Beware!! "

I am out of state and called on a vehicle I was prepared to purchase long distance for a 2nd home in AZ. I completed an application and was told my information would be forwarded to a manager. A manager, Dean Regazzi, called me three days later (after I made multiple email & phone call follow ups) at 7:15pm & sent me a form authorizing a non-refundable deposit. I did not have access to a fax machine until the next morning at which time I was notified the vehicle had sold the night prior. THREE DAYS AFTER I HAD CALLED ON IT AND WAS READY TO PURCHASE.

Enrique & Dean Regazzi