Thorobred Chevrolet

2121 N Arizona Ave,
Chandler, Arizona 85225
Thorobred Chevrolet Info
About Thorobred Chevrolet

Thorobred Chevrolet is your preferred Chevrolet dealer in the valley since 1978. Our facility in Chandler is the largest in the state, which means we have a great inventory of vehicles and an extensive area for parts, service and body shops. A lot has changed since we started but one belief holds true. Taking care of our customers. We earned our A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau by exceeding the expectations of our customers to provide a hassle free and enjoyable automotive experience. Whether you are purchasing a vehicle or utilize our service, parts or body departments we are all equally engaged in gaining your Complete Satisfaction. Like us at facebook.com/ThorobredChevy and check our website for weekly specials

About Thorobred Chevrolet

Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

• Largest Chevrolet Dealership in Arizona
  • No Additional Dealer Addendum Mark-Ups
  • Free Popcorn
disguiser1014
5/13/2015

"Good and bad points in used sales"

Last two vehicles, my wife & I purchased here. It was ALL due to advertised price listing. July 2013 we purchased a 2012 Malibu w/no trade-in. There was no discounts in sticker price nor with other charges. Tax was about $100 cheaper in Chandler. I drove 40 miles to get there from home. It had only 13K miles so was worth the trip. 2nd car purchased Jan 2015 we purchased a 2014 Cruze w/2 trade-ins. Again, the sticker price was already about $2K cheaper than surrounding valley locations for similar car, so no discount was given again, plus I got a poor trade-in allowance of only $500 per vehicle. Granted they were both over 10yrs old, but the bottom line out the door would still likely be as cheap as I would get it elsewhere. I'll just try not to spend $500 on tires plus other maintenance costs so soon to trading in a vehicle next time. Pros: Courteous people including finance officer. No plus sales crammed into the deal. Initial sticker pricing and taxation location Cons: 1) Though new sales said they would allow full payment of a vehicle on a charge card, used sales would only take a max of $3K and made me go to the bank to get a cashiers check for the balance. 2) Then I waited 3 days to get back to the dealership while they were servicing/prepping the vehicle. 3) The 2nd car was financed and they took the first positive response with likely the highest interest rate and gave that to me. Had I waited another hour or so, other banks may have responded competitively. 4) As previous rater "CeeZee" mentioned, I too have been receiving as much unsolicited phone calls as when political parties were calling all the time, if not more so. About 3 to 5 times a week and I usually go 2 months before I get a spam phone call. I simply do not use this number for contests etc that may account for such calls. This is now going into the 4th month of otherwise unexplained increased in spam calls. I have no proof of this part though.

Jim B

CeeZee
3/02/2015

"Shocked at their lack of integrity.."

Let me start by saying that I bought a vehicle from these people 6 months prior to my latest experience. First car with them; pretty fair price, a really long & drawn out sales process. Their used sales department is kind of like a caddy shack off to the side of the main dealership, where hack salesman go to die. I was 4 days in & very close to finalizing a deal on a good used vehicle, or so I thought.. I check back with the sales guy that I was working with, Joseph Coassolo, & he notifies me that they sold the car out from under me to somebody else, VIA TEXT message, no apology or anything. I have a feeling that the credit manager Cavin Thomas & Joseph were in cahoots in putting the kibosh on my car deal. Long story short, I wasted a about week & lost a good amount of my livelihood in dealing with these underhanded shysters. My feeling is that if they will treat a repeat client in this manner, their threshold of sales treachery is boundless. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS DEALERSHIP!!!! You have been warned. Also as a side note-when I bought my first car here; the finance manager called me a few days later at about 10:30pm from his personal cell phone to try to get me to finance the vehicle with another bank, other than the one the dealership had me with. I imagine that he was trying to get a kickback from someone on that shady deal. PSS-I suspect that someone within this dealership will sell your information, because my email spam has increased by about 700% after any contact with Throbred Chevrolet. Spam phone calls too.

Joseph Coassolo & Cavin Thomas

SabrinaL.
2/09/2015

"we're looking here first from now on!"

If i could give 10 stars i would! Everyone at Thorobred Chevrolet was fantastic! We worked with Jordan and David who were amazing, and then when we had issues the next day with a previously visited dealership, they pulled out all the stops to help us get into the car we wanted! The first day we thought, "Jordan and David are awesome!" By the end of day 2, Jordan, David, Lisa and everyone else had won us over! This was the best dealership we have ever dealt with, and they have definitely earned our loyalty and business!

Jordan, David, Nick, Lisa

befoster3
12/05/2014

"do you know what you are doing?"

Rick Hamilton is the worst! Told him what was wrong and it got fixed so I thought. He said everything was ok and i said i wanted to take it for a test drive to see. What i got from Rick was "What you don't trust me?" i said i just want to make sure. He threw a fit and stormed inside and said he was done playing games, so we paid the bill and went down the road. We got 15 minutes down the road and started having the same problems we brought the car in for. We turned around and went back and on the way there my car started to sputter and jerk. After looking the car over again, several problems were found after Rick claimed everything was fixed. I will never go back to this dealer ever again. Rick, you suck!!!

Rick Hamilton

ventures1
11/18/2014

"Refreshing negotiation experience"

After a brief conversation confirming the one-owner, certified Camaro was still available, my wife and I drove the 45 miles to Thoroughbred Chevrolet. Because of the information I had collected in a 6-week search, that included reviews found on Dealer Rater, Edmonds, Car Fax, and other reputable sites, we had no hesitation to make the 55-minute drive to Thoroughbred. We found the folks at the dealership to be exactly as reviews had said they would be; we found the negotiating was transparent and pleasant. If we decide to purchase a new Chevrolet someday we will begin our search with Thoroughbred, because any drive is well worth avoiding the BS we have experienced at other dealers in the valley over the past 19 years.

David Nelson and Blane Evans

Tom Tillman
9/23/2014

"Bait and Switch"

BAIT AND SWITCH. thoroughbred has a volt advertised on their site for $29,999. "$5000 off" it had been there for at least a week. I called and was told they had it. After arriving, i was told it was sold. They told me I could get a different car for $2500 more. Sales mgr said they have no control over their website and insulted me with some other doubletalk. When they start out with BAIT and SWITCH, can you trust them at all? i bought at a different dealership.

AshleyA2327
8/12/2014

"Wouldn't go here "

Let me just start by saying that the sales person I spoke with was extrremly friendly. His name was John. I was interested in buying a Chevy Cruze. Took two for a test drive and decided on a 2014 Chevy Cruze LT with 14,000 miles on it. (Rental Car) and went into the room to start the negotiation process. The Cruze I wanted was marked at $15,599. We offered $15,000 for the car. I mean what delaer wouldn't take $600 off sticker. The sales manager, can't remember his name was extremely rude. He stated he would be abl e to take $100 off. All we asked for was $600 and we would have walked out the door that day with the car. The sales manager wasn't trying to sell the car he enjoyed playing the game more than making a customer happy. I will not be returning to this dealership and I will not be recommedning to anyone. Bought a a brand new 2014 Chevy Cruze LT with 30 miles for $17.000 at Superstition Springs Chevy. The price was listed at $21,000 and they took $4000 off. That's how dealerships should negotiate.

jmar453
8/09/2014

"Great Chevy Service Center!!"

I bought an old Chevy 4x4 and brought it in to Rick Hamilton in service. Long story short they have nursed my old truck into a truck that reliable and efficient. I would not bring it to any other and Rick is the best!

Rick Hamilton

jmar453
8/09/2014

"Best Car Buying Experiance Ever!"

We just bought a 2014 Chevy Volt and by far Thorobred Chevrolet was the best car buying experience we have ever had! I highly recommend this dealership!

Jordan Weilert, Nick Greco

AZBMWFamily
4/01/2014

"I visited Thorobred Chevrolet on 3/29/14 as a previous..."

I visited Thorobred Chevrolet on 3/29/14 as a previous customer looking to give a great dealership some more business. I was primarily interested in a 2014 Camaro SS. I first conversed with Saul via email. Saul was more prompt, informative and professional in his replies than any other salesman I have worked with - most seem to be adverse to email, in fact. When I got to the store, I worked with Tim as my primary salesman. He was willing to show me any car I wanted to look at and we ended up taking two for a test drive, one 2SS with an automatic and one 1ss with a manual gearbox. I ended up wanting a 2SS with manual so we looked through the inventory and eventually found the perfect car. I left letting them know that I had a few more cars to look at before making a final decision, and throughout both Tim and Saul were extremely friendly and courteous. I returned to Thorobred on 3/31/2013 intending to finalize a deal. We had some miscommunications since a new person was brought in to help with the deal ( I do not remember his name) but we were able to iron them out, and again I was impressed with how friendly and respectful everyone I encountered was. We ended up very close to a deal but were unable to complete it due to circumstances out of their control. It is unfortunate but I will absolutely be back if I ever want to purchase a new Chevrolet.

Tim, Saul