Tonkin Gresham Honda

Good

Overall Rating 4

Tonkin Gresham Honda
Tonkin Gresham Honda Info

"5 days later, car needs new transmission. "

If you're ever car hunting in Portland, I'd stay away from Gresham Tonkin Honda 5 days after buying my new car from them, and one three hour drive to Bend later, I learned the transmission is basically shot and needs to be replaced. The Ford dealer I took the car to over in Bend has been amazing (Robberson Ford), and I had to leave it with them as the chances of making it back to PDX were basically nil. Honda's response to this fiasco I was sold? As I didn't buy the extended warranty, I was on my own and SOL. Per the management, it doesn't matter if the problem happened a day later or six years: no warranty, not their problem. Three truths I've learned: Yes, I have no legal leg to stand on, and yes, I didn't buy the extended warranty. And yes, expecting decent humanity from this place's management was too much.

Jeff in sales, Randi in management, Jim in management

"We took my daughter's car in for warranty work, which..."

We took my daughter's car in for warranty work, which was a recall for bad paint that oxidized on hood and trunk. Geoff called my daughter and told her it would cost $1700 to do the work. I had to call service manager to get work done under warranty. Geoff said the car would be ready in 7 days. He never called to update us that the car wouldn't be ready for 10 days. My daughter called Geoff 3 times and he never returned any calls or kept us up to date about what was happening or why there was a delay. I had to drive to the body shop on 122nd and talk to the manager there to find out specifics. We went again to pick up car in Gresham on 10th day and the car was finished but had never been brought back to Gresham......another 1 hr. and 45 min. Wait! Geoff is incompetent and inconsiderate. I would never again do business with Gresham Honda.

Geoff (service tech)

"Don was incredibly friendly and genuine. The overall..."

Don was incredibly friendly and genuine. The overall experience was fast, smooth, and convenient. Would recommend to anyone, and would definitely use them again. Thanks guys.

Don Roessel

"As a first time Used Car Buyer, at least it was the first..."

As a first time Used Car Buyer, at least it was the first time I went to an actual lot, I received the care and attention immediately that I needed. Our personal attendant was well informed and helped us revise our plan several times over before we signed a deal. Thank you Tonkin Gresham Honda! We'll be back!

Don Roessel

"From the moment I stepped onto the lot Don approached in..."

From the moment I stepped onto the lot Don approached in a very informative friendly way. He was open to all my questions and had the answers to what I needed to know. When I told him what I was looking for and why...he listened and did not try to push any "extras" that I explained were not required. Paul was also very helpful in understanding the price difference and Nick was quick and business oriented. I will highly recommend this dealership in the future and refer most if not all individuals to Don Roessel as he , from the moment I contacted him responded quickly and efficiently and most importantly...he identified my needs and was very personable. I did not at any time with him feel like I was being "sold". Don deserves a promotion!! Give this guy huge kudos! One more thing...he although does not have any children...treated my family as though they were just as important in service and so did most employees at the dealership.

Don Roessel fleet internet director

"Don worked with me for over 2 weeks to find a car that..."

Don worked with me for over 2 weeks to find a car that met all of my wants. He stayed very late to meet me, due to my work schedule. He had everything ready for me when I arrived. Mike handled me getting me a new key with ease. He worked me in to the shops schedule and gave me a loaner car to use.

Don Roessel, Mike Schultz

"DO NOT SHOP HERE!!! THIS STORE HAS NO INTEGRITY AND IS..."

DO NOT SHOP HERE!!! THIS STORE HAS NO INTEGRITY AND IS DISHONEST. Shopping at Gresham Honda is a horrible experience. Three days after purchasing a CRV, they called and said we had to pay another $500. We had been driving the car, paperwork was complete but they said that an agreed upon discount did not apply. It was their mistake. They said they were sorry but needed more money. We were furious but wanted to distance ourselves from these “crooks”. If it were not for the mess that the paperwork was in, a pending loan, title changes, we would have returned the car. We were so very disgusted, that we coughed up the money in order to get out of there before we did something inappropriate. They make me sick. The problem was their error and they should have eaten the cost or at least offered some compensation. My regret is that in the heat of the emotion, we gave in to these disreputable practices! DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR LIES!

Drew and Eddie

"This is the second car we have purchased from Gresham..."

This is the second car we have purchased from Gresham Honda and Don Roessel. We would recommend working with Don every time. He knows the cars inside and out; he can explain the Costco Auto Program which is a great way to buy a car, and he worked with us to find the right car with all the accessories we wanted in a short amount of time. Great experience with Don and Jeremy, the finance manager, too! Thanks, Gresham Honda for focusing on customer service. We will be back!

Don Roessel

"Went in to have service of our CR-V breaks with their..."

Went in to have service of our CR-V breaks with their July 20% Wednesday discount. What happened was they ran the bill up to where we really did not get any savings. Will we return, I don't think so. The next time we need service we will do alot more shopping before going to the dealer. As a result, I put my husband in the Hospital with a stroke because he was so upset with them on the phone. I watched the stroke happen.

Steven

"Don was the only on who contacted me by E-mail, phone and..."

Don was the only on who contacted me by E-mail, phone and also regarding the Costco Program. He was amazing!! I come back in a second. Great service, informative, prompt, good follow through and just a excellent experience. Cheryl Einerson