Toyota of Fort Walton Beach

Bob Tyler Scion

silver90
12/03/2015

"Great Salesman"

My wife and I worked with Corey Chaplin while buying a car. We do a lot of research before we buy and had narrowed it down to few cars. I stopped by to pick up a brochure and met Corey and liked the way he answered my questions and offered to schedule a test drive. My wife also felt very comfortable working with Corey. We drove a Tacoma and a few weeks later called to schedule a test drive in a 4Runner. Corey made it happened and each time provided a detailed, out the door, cost for us. Corey was respectful (to both of us), knowledgeable, and provided input without being pushy. He answered all of our questions and gave us the time to make our decision. In the end, we purchased another make of car, but would gladly return to Corey when we purchase another.

Corey Chaplin

thomasRjohnson
8/24/2015

"Toyota FWB Service Review"

Purchased a new 2015 Toyota Tundra through this dealership. I was very VERY happy with the purchase of the vehicle and was provided excellent customer service. Since that purchase I have not been pleased at all with the customer service of Toyota of Fort Walton Beach and here is why... During my purchase of the vehicle I added an extra that was called Dent Guard, something that would allow for me to 'for free' remove dents, scratches and tears from the vehicle and fabric. Well, about 3 months after ownership I received my first dent. I called up Toyota of Fort Walton Beach and asked to speak with the service department. I explained I had purchased the vehicle through them, and had purchased the dent guard add on. I explained this was my first time using the dent guard protection and was unsure of the process, I was assured it was an easy process and to bring it in at 8:00am on a weekday morning. I was told it would be done by lunch. Unfortunately I was traveling for work and my wife took it in, she was disappointed to come back at 4:00pm to be shown the wrong Tundra and then also finding out nothing was done to the correct Tundra (my truck) NOT even moved from where she parked it 8 hours prior. The service department explained there was some confusion with the paper work and she would need to bring it in again another week day. (My wife also works, and this was time out of her job). The service department showed a little appreciation to the waste of time and mess-up on their part by adding a "detail" to the truck upon the later visit. Well, on the second visit the dent was removed. But now I have a completely scratched up truck. It looks like they took it through a non-brushless car wash that ran marks up and down my doors. The "detailing" of the vehicle didn't even wipe dust of the inside of the doors or vacuum the inside. I did mark them as fair and not poor because the original problem was handled after two visits, but it was handled. I understand scratches can happen and it won't always be ''nice and new'' but when I take it in to have dent removed and end up with more unsightly scratches it is annoying. I will say they tried to make up for their initial service, but it was just done half-heartedly. Keep in mind there are other Toyota dealerships in the area. I have not visited them yet, so I cannot speak to their service, but I will be considering them in the future.

Unknown, will add in future

Nikki341
10/11/2014

"Awesome experience"

My husband and I were working with Joel from the Mercedes dealership, a friend of ours, he was trying to help us find a used 4runner. We looked and looked but couldn't find one. H was very patient with us. We ended up ordering a new 4runner and are very pleased. He headed us off to a great guy in The Toyota dealership. We had a great experience with him and the financial agent that helped us. Thank you so much. Nikki lea

Steve Tucker, Matt Hunnicutt

October 16, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so glad Joel, Steve, and Matt could assist you. If you have any other questions or concerns about your new 4Runner please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Mirndo
10/09/2014

"Great Experience"

Really nice and knowledgeable staff. They were really busy the day we purchased our vehicle so they took us over to the BMW offices to complete our purchase. We really appreciated them not making us wait.

George Markham, George Markham, Johnny Mendez

October 16, 2014

Thank you for leaving us a great review. We appreciate your patience while we were busy and hope to see you back for service soon.

Gplangan
10/05/2014

"New vehicle purchase"

Great customer service from an internet transaction. Very good experience on pickup and delivery. The follow up was very thorough and beneficial for the owner.

October 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for your business and we hope you enjoy your new vehicle!

Red2004
10/04/2014

"Fast, complete, friendly"

THANKS FOR A GREAT JOB! Quality toyota from the buying experience and all the way through the complete service has never waive red. Always excellent.

Rick Fugler

October 16, 2014

Thank you so much for the positive review. We hope to see you next time!

scharfie
10/03/2014

"New car purchase"

Arrived at dealership 50 minutes prior to closing and was greeted promptly. Salesperson led me to desired models and answered all questions. Individual was very courteous, friendly, and very knowledgeable of vehicles. Great visit and car purchase. Financial personnel was very knowledgeable, prompt, and did a great job also.

Matt Hunnicutt, Al Sienko

October 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. We are so happy to hear you had a good experience with Al, Matt, and our Toyota sales staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back for service.

crrhino
9/30/2014

"excellent service representative"

Barbara has been our service representative since we purchased our Avalon in 2008. She has consistently provided us with excellent service in a friendly professional manor. I look forward to my service visits just to speak with her. I am confident that she has our best interest in mind.

Barbara Higginbotham

October 08, 2014

Thank you for giving us a positive review. We are ecstatic to hear you are a returning customer for over 5 years! Barbara is a great example of our company and we are glad you think so too. We appreciate your dedication to our company and look forward to speaking with you again soon.

MCISTORICO
9/27/2014

"Changed my mind from buying a Toyota"

My car was towed to the service center and we were assigned service rep Darwin Grubbs. The following morning we came by the service center and discussed the problems with Darwin and he was to call us after checking the vehicle. We didn't hear back from him. We came back by the service center the following day. Darwin was off that day so we talked to another individual who quoted us the price of about $575 to fix the vehicle ignition and over $800 to fix a faulty window. We opted to only fix the ignition. He told us it would be almost a week to order the part and fix the vehicle. The vehicle was ready when he said it would be. When we came to pick up the car, we were sent directly to the service desk to pay the bill. No service rep discussed with us what had been done on the car. When we went to pay the invoice, the bill was almost $100 more than what had been originally expressed to us. We were then told it was additional fees (such as a disposal fee and taxes) that brought the bill up an additional $100. We paid the bill and stepped outside to pick up the car. When I opened my car door, the driver's floorboard was filthy. There was a small screw driver on the floor, along with some change. There were oily footprints on the mat. I didn't look at the keys until I arrived home. Instead of one key, I had been left with the empty shell of two keys and one full key (the key that had been left at the dealership when the car originally arrived, opened the door and was the ignition key). Now the new key that had been given to me only works in the ignition. One of the shell keys opened the car doors and the other one did nothing. No one discussed the key issue with me. I now am going to have to recontact the dealership to work out the problem with the keys. My car is a 1999 Lexus RX 300. It has been a great car. While my husband and I were at the dealership checking on the service, we discussed trading the vehicle for a Highlander. I was offered $500 for my vehicle as a trade-in which we felt was extremely low. Then we were overcharged for work done in the service center and the car was returned to me dirty and with key problems. No explanation! This bad experience with Toyota changed my mind from buying a Toyota Highlander and I have just purchased a 2013 Honda Pilot instead.

Darwin Grubbs

October 10, 2014

We are very sorry that you experienced difficulties during your recent service visit to our dealership. The issues you outlined have been addressed with the appropriate personnel and forwarded to our customer relations manager, Penny.

joseph001
9/26/2014

"Outstanding service"

My FJ developed a shimmy in the front end after off-roading,Quality Toyota did an outstanding job of correcting the problem in very quick order. Thanks,QT!

Elliot Gentry

October 08, 2014

Thank you for the great review. We are so glad we could fix that shimmy for your FJ. We hope to see you back again! Thank you for your business.